Healthy style of living = low carbs food, meditation, ...(my nickname is Gladiator)
I bought ketone test strips, I am not in ketosis. But I tried from Monday. I cheated sometimes. But I thought I am in ketosis.The high time I were true with myself.
Now. 4.16pm. Evening food 6.30pm (140g sardines, spoon of fresh lime juice, a bell pepper)
It is done. Meal for tomorrow
1. porridge, banana, no I have to start again
B: 125g quark, 2 spoon soya milk, protein powder 5.1carbs (I promise to exercise-yoga mornig)
L: mince lamb, onion, courgette, tomato 5.8 carbs
D: 2 cups broccoli, 3 slices chedar, 1/2 spoon mayonnaise 7.5 carbs
My weight 64.5kg, tomorrow 18.4 carbs
Copy for my fast counting I thank you DairyQueen
HERE is the Atkins Quick Start list of Induction Foods. Nothing else is allowed for the first two weeks. You are partly shocking your body and brain into submission (haha) but also ensuring that you go into ketosis – make sure that you don’t eat more than 20 grams of carbohydrates a day, and those carbs really should be from leafy green vegetables. Broccoli is your best friend during these first two weeks.
Use a set of measuring cups for measuring your vegetables and a small scale (food or mail scale) to measure your meats. Don’t worry about anything else—just eat these foods. You don’t have to drink so much water that you’re getting up in the middle of the night.
If you have something you want to eat and it is not on this list, don't eat it (for the two weeks). Then ask! GOOD LUCK!!! you are motivated and you are going to LOSE WEIGHT!
Most fish, poultry and meat don't contain carbs so you can feel free to enjoy them, but be sure you're also getting your 12 to 15 grams of net carbs in vegetables as well.
All fish including:
• Don’t eat that fake crab stuff from Japan
All fowl including:
• Cornish hen
All shellfish including:
*Oysters and mussels are higher in carbs so limit to about 4 ounces per day.
All meat including:
Some processed meat, bacon, and ham is cured with sugar, which will add to the carb count. Also steer clear of cold cuts and other meats with added nitrates.
You can eat Eggs, Eggs and more Eggs!!! Eggs are one of nature's most nutritious creations. And get creative with your eggs: Add mushrooms or a little cheese. Herbs are fine: basil, oregano, dill are all great.
Eggs in any style, including:
CHEESE!! But keep in mind that cheese contains carbs, about 1 gram per ounce. You may have about 3 to 4 ounces of cheese per day. An ounce is about the size of an individually wrapped slice of American cheese or a 1" cube.
You should be eating approximately 12 to 15 grams of net carbs per day in the form of vegetables, which is equivalent to several cups depending on the actual carb content of the veggies you select.
Measure the following salad vegetables raw:
Vegetable Serving Size/Prep grams of net carbs
Alfalfa sprouts ½ cup/raw 0.2
Arugula 1 cup/raw 0.4
Bok choy 1 cup/raw 0.4
Celery 1 stalk 0.8
Chicory greens ½ cup/raw 0.1
Chives 1 tablespoon 0.1
Cucumber ½ cup 1.0
Daikon ½ cup 1.0
Endive ½ cup 0.4
Escarole ½ cup 0.1
Fennel ½ cup 1.8
Jicama ½ cup 2.5
Iceberg lettuce 1 cup 0.2
Mushrooms ½ cup 1.2
Parsley 1 tablespoon 0.1
Peppers ½ cup/raw 2.3
Radicchio ½ cup/raw 0.7
Radishes 6/raw 0.5
Romaine lettuce 1 cup 0.4
The following vegetables are slightly higher in carbs than the salad vegetables listed above. They also provide important nutrients and add variety to your daily foods. Make sure you stay within the 12-15 grams of net carbs. Unless otherwise noted, measure these veggies after you cook them.
Vegetable Serving Size/ Prep Net Carbs
Artichoke 1/2 medium 3.5
Asparagus 6 spears 2.4
Artichoke hearts 1 canned 1.0
Avocados ½ whole (raw) 1.8
Bamboo shoots ½ cup 1.2
Broccoli ½ cup 1.7
Broccoli raw ½ cup 0.8
Broccoli rabe ½ cup 2.0
Broccoflower ½ cup 2.3
Brussels sprouts ¼ cup 1.8
Cabbage ½ cup (raw) 1.6
Cauliflower ½ cup (raw) 1.4
Swiss chard ½ cup 1.8
Collard greens ½ cup boiled 2.0
Eggplant ½ cup 2.0
Green String Beans 1 cup 4.1
Hearts of palm 1 heart 0.7
Kale ½ cup 2.4
Kohlrabi ¼ cup 2.3
Leeks ½ cup 3.4
Okra ½ cup 2.4
Olives green 5 0.1
Olives black 5 0.7
Onion ¼ cup 4.3
Pumpkin ¼ cup 2.4
Rhubarb ½ cup (unsweetened) 1.7
Sauerkraut ½ cup (drained) 1.2
Snow peas and snap peas in pod ½ cup with pods 3.4
Spaghetti squash ¼ cup boiled 2.0
Spinach ½ cup 2.2
Summer squash ½ cup 2.6
Tomato ¼ cup 4.3
Turnips ½ cup 3.3
Water chestnuts ¼ cup (canned) 3.5
Zucchini ½ cup 1.5
Crumbled bacon 3 slices 0.0
Hard-boiled egg 1 egg 0.5
Grated cheeses (see above carb counts)
Sautéed mushrooms ½ cup 1.0
Sour cream 2 tbs 1.2
Herbs and Spices (make sure they contain no added sugar)
Basil 1 tbs 0.0
Cayenne pepper 1 tbs 0.0
Cilantro 1 tbs 0.0
Dill 1 tbs 0.0
Garlic 1 clove 0.9
Ginger 1 tbs sliced root 0.8
Oregano 1 tbs 0.0
Pepper 1 tbs 0.0
Rosemary 1 tbs 0.0
Sage 1 tbs 0.0
Tarragon 1 tbs 0.0
Salad Dressings - Any prepared salad dressing with no added sugar and no more then 2 grams of net carbs per serving (1-2 tablespoons) is acceptable. Or make your own.
Blue cheese 2 tbs 2.3
Caesar 2 tbs 0.5
Italian 2 tbs 3.0
Lemon juice 2 tbs 2.8
Lime juice 2 tbs 2.8
Oil and vinegar 2 tbs 1.0
Ranch 2 tbs 1.4
Fats and Oils
There are no carbs here, but keep in mind that the serving size is approximately 1 tablespoon.
2. Mayonnaise – make sure it has no added sugar
3. Olive oil
4. Vegetable oils – Those labeled “cold pressed” or “expeller pressed” are especially good and olive oil is one of the best.
o Grape seed*
*Do not allow any oils to reach overly high temperatures when cooking. Use olive oil for sautéing only. Use walnut or sesame oil to dress cooked veggies or salad, but not for cooking.
• Splenda – one packet equals 1 gram of net carbs
• Clear broth/ bouillon (make sure it has no sugars added)
• Club soda
• Cream, heavy or light.
• Decaffeinated or regular coffee and tea*
• Diet soda (be sure to note the carb count)
• Flavored seltzer (must say no calories)
• Herb tea (without added barley or fruit sugar added)
• Unflavored soy/almond milk
• Water – at least eight 8-ounce glasses per day including...
o Filtered water
o Mineral water
o Spring water
o Tap water
* One to two cups of caffeinated tea or coffee is allowed as desired and tolerated by each individual. If you experience symptoms of hypoglycemia or cravings as a result, do not use caffeine. If you have a true caffeine addiction, it is best to break the habit during the induction phase.
* Limit lemon and lime juices to 3 T per day
B: 2 eggs, 3 slices bacon, 3 slices cheddar (hard cheese) 1 carb
L: mince lamb, onion, courgette, tomato 5.8 carbs (I cooked)
D: mash 1.5 cup cauliflower, egg, nutmeg, salt. From it I will make flat cakes, fry them (minimum olive oil) with 1/2 spoon mayonnaise, spoon lime juice, pepper. (4carbs)
I suppose I started eat more tasty staff and only 10.8 carbs.
24.2.2013 still 64.5kg but I will go swim tomorrow, I did not exercise yoga today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think it is getting well because I cried regarding job I do. I would like to do another job and to be honest it is necessary to do without the craps, sorry carbs.
But I need stick on my food so tomorrow:
1. 2 boiled eggs, mayonnaise, spoon lime juice, 2 spoon quark and pepper
2. steak with mushrooms, 1 cup cucumber
3. mackerel, iceberg lettuce
it should be no more 10 carbs
25.2.2014 65 kg
I feel weak but I do not lose weight. It is because I do not do exercise. But I will go swim tomorrow.
Plan for tomorrow.
morning quark, protein powder
lunch: okra, mashed cauliflower, eidam (cheese),1 egg, nutmeg, salt, baked together
dinner: 3 chicken pieces, iceberg salad
I am not in ketosis and I eat nuts and another food which I did not plan
I learned only to enjoy food which I did not enjoy before. cream, mayonnaise, bacon
Good new I went to swim as I wanted.
Start nicely again.
B. 3 eggs, pepper, salt, 1 belly pepper, 4.6
L: steak with mushrooms, 1/2 cup water salad 2 carbs
D: chicken dumplings in my favour restaurant. no!!!!!!!!!!
2 cups aubergine, 1/2 tin tuna , 2 slices ledermaier cheese, 3 small tomatoes 8,4 carbs
15 carbs total
(I will have same dinner for next day :))
how I ate,
I did not have 1/2 tin tuna but I have a shake from 2 spoon cream and blueberries and water.
Plan for tomorrow
B: 125g quark + protein powder + spoon soya milk (6carbs)
L: 200 g chicken, gem salad (1 carb)
D: 2 cups aubergine, salt, garlic, turmeric, tuna, chedar (8carbs)
64 kg today 28.2.2013
64KG AGAIN 1.3.2013
I need to do more plan because I want to do meditation and do not be disturbing by making decisions what to eat.
1. 125 gram quark, protein powder, little soya milk
2. mackerel, cauliflower mash , 3 tomatoes
3. broccoli, cream
1. mackerel, cauliflower mash, 3 tomatoes
2. broccoli, cream
3. chicken, greens
1. brussel sprouts, cream, garlic
2. cucumber, tomatoes, avocado, walnut oil
3. spinach, 2 eggs, cheddar
1.spinach, 2 eggs, cheddar
2. greens, duck
3. lamb shoulder, greens
1. spinach, lamb shoulder
2. bussel sprouts, cheddar
3. tuna, garlic, mayonnaise
1. avocado, 2 hard boild eggs, gem salad
I bought Splenda, first time in my life. Immediately porridge is in my mind and I made is unpalatable or unsavoury (I do not know English perfect so I am not sure what is the opposite of the word tasty) food.
I do now a lot of meditation and as I concern to meditation my diet is getting wrong. I did not eat naughty food. But a lot of good food.
so again from zero.
1. avocado, lemon juice, pepper, double cream with nuts
2.panneer with spinach, I hope I will not die during night (it is delicious)
3. chicken, spring greens
1. avocado, lemon juice, pepper, double cream with nuts
2. sausages, mayonnaise
3. greek salad
1. 3 eggs 3 slices cheese, gem salat
2. lamb, tomatoes, courgette
3. greek salad
It is Friday. I did not use my menu and maybe I should keep menu. day by day.
1. quark, butter, 75g blueberries 300cal, 12carb
2. three pieces of chicken, gem salad 600cal, 0.2cab
3. avocado, lemon juice, pepper,goat cheese, 300cal, 4 carb
It looks good and only I have to stick on it. Plenty of green tea and vitamins.
I tried to make tea with butter, I blended, it was not in my plan and drunk it (I had more calories but it was without carbs) , But it is a good idea for tomorrow snack.
1. 75 grams bluberries, double cream 7 carbs
2. aubergine, 2 slices of cheese, half tin tuna, spicy
3. snack, tea+ butter 135cal
4. avocado, lemon juice, pepper
where is my counting carbs?
The problem that I try to eat things that they pretend to be carbs. I bought splenda, it is not good. Yesterday I was many times at the website to read about food which makes similar taste.
ok no more than 20 net carbs and 1600 cal.
Breaakfest: soya milk, flax, sweeteness, quark 10carbs
Lunch: cheese chedar and mash cauliflower 5 carbs
Dinner: Chicken tights 0carbs
I ate chicken wings at party and after I was disorganized and I am still hungry.
I would like to have very fatty and very sweet and a lot
ok, I am tired and I have to choose food for tomorrow
1. B strawberries, quark, 100 ml soya milk, flax
2. L greek salad
3. D eggs, onion, cheese, pepper, salt
tomorrow is Saturday, I did a shopping today for weekend. I bought a salmon. His name is Burt. I made a broth for tomorrow and two pieces are marinating.
1. strawberries, my cream (unsweetended soya milk + sweeteness+butter) flax, it will be a nice start of Saturday
2. grilled salmon steak, two gems of salad, it needs to grill.
3. salmon soup (broth with fish) it is ready, cheese cheddar
I feel unhappy because I had a blood with my stool morning. I had very hard stool from time I started eat less Low carbs. I have to eat not only low carbs I have to eat more fibre.
I hope it will help that I bought Dulcoease and tomorrow maybe more carbs but it is reasonable.
1. blueberry muffin, from wheat bran and flax seed, butter,egg, protein powder
2. veg mix
3. avocado, lemon juice, salt, pepper
water, water, water, water
1. blueberry muffin
2. pork with bok choy
3. snack: berries
4. Greek salad
It is annoying to plan
1. blueberry muffin
2. rhubarb + quark
3. omelet, 2 eggs, 1 pepper, cheddar, salt, pepper
1. quark,blueberries, strawberris
2. brocolli, yougurt dressing
3. 2 gems salads, ghee, bell pepper, cheese, 2eggs
1. B: bluberry muffin, 1 egg, flax + wheat bran, butter, blueberries, 1/2 cup of protein powder, baking powder
2. L: quark, blueberries, strawberries, cinnamon, walnuts
3. D. cauliflower, spicy, cheddar, mozzarella
1. omelet, pepper, cheddar, 2 eggs, 1 gem salad, ghee
2. chicken 3 peace without skin, 1 gem salad
3. snack, cacao, soya milk, sweetness
4. strawberries cheesecake
1, strawberries cheesecake (I will do now)
2. grilled salmon, gem salad
3. mozarela, avocado, red radish, walnutz oil, spicy
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:16 PM.|