Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2013, 01:18 PM   #91
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Stats: Twoterville/1st. Goal - ONEderland!
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Everyday!
The scale looks as though it is cooperating with you. Way to go, keep it up!
MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2013, 03:20 AM   #92
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SkepticalMe
Week 1; (-9.0)
Week 2; (-2.6)
Week 3; (-.4)
Week 4; (-4.2)
Week 5; (-2.4)
Week 6; (-2.8)

Stabilization number: 186.2

03-29-13; P3 3; 186.8 (+.6)
03-30-13; P3 4; 187.0 (+.2)
03-31-13; P3 5; 187.2 (+.2)
04-01-13; P3 6; 187.2 (0)
04-02-13; P3 7; 187.8 (+.6)

Still within my two-pound window, but I won't add more cheese nor ground beef today, like I did yesterday.

Onward...
SkepticalMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:47 AM   #93
Senior LCF Member

Week 1; (-9.0)
Week 2; (-2.6)
Week 3; (-.4)
Week 4; (-4.2)
Week 5; (-2.4)
Week 6; (-2.8)

04-03-13; P3 8; 187.0 (-.8)

I've got to cut down on the stress in my life...seriously...

I work full time, and my job is...involved. I am the liaison between three separate computer software systems for the salesmen in my office. In order to initiate the paperwork for a customer sales order into one system -- and get it through the pipework and subsequently invoiced through two other systems -- well, that's my job. And I have to interact with Steel Yards in the US and Canada all day long and their computer systems don't exactly match ours, either. It's nerve-wracking most of the time!

I attend college part time and am getting my BS in Information Technology Business Management. I turned in my second of four economics papers yesterday evening after work. I hope they don't kick it back to me for revisions. I worked hard on it. Now I need to start the next one. These next two are due within the next two weeks.

I have a 3-day family reunion to plan for 40 people in July. I rented a large house with an indoor 13-feet-deep pool and the house sleeps 14 people. People are coming from all over, and I want to make sure this is a nice event. I'm planning a Christmas in July theme and will have my Christmas tree there and will have the little children decorate it, while the adults make a favorite holiday dish to share in one of the two kitchens. I will have a video camera set up to record each person relating a favorite memory of Christmas and then I will compile all of those memories onto a DVD and then each participate will receive one a few months after the reunion is over. My folks and my siblings and their spouses are meeting on the first day to have a formal family portrait taken. This is a big deal!!

Our sons are moving out of the house and across country from here in Ohio to Chandler, Arizona. They leave on Monday. I have been packing up some of the house stuff for them to take with them -- dishes, towels, bedding, linens, pots and pans, etc. I can't believe that they are leaving in only 5 days! I started crying the other day when I was packing things for them.

In February, I arranged for my 75-year-old Aunt to fly here for the family reunion in July, and Frontier Airlines contacted me this week and told me that they changed the reservation and she will now have a 6-hour layover in Denver. She is traveling alone, and needs wheelchair assistance. I told them that that is unacceptable and I canceled the reservation and now am starting from square one. I will probably book through Southwest Airlines.

Once the boys move out, I have to get their bedrooms in order very quickly, and turn them back into the beautiful guest bedrooms they once were, because my folks are driving here from Arizona in June and will stay here with us. Dad is fanatical about how things look, and I need to make sure the house is in tip-top shape!

*sigh*

I have a lot to do, and little time to do it.

I've got to de-stress...

Last edited by SkepticalMe; 04-03-2013 at 03:50 AM..
Old 04-04-2013, 03:50 AM   #94
Senior LCF Member

Week 1; (-9.0)
Week 2; (-2.6)
Week 3; (-.4)
Week 4; (-4.2)
Week 5; (-2.4)
Week 6; (-2.8)

04-03-13; P3 8; 187.0 (-.8)
04-04-13; P3 9; 186.8 (-.2)

No time to journal this morning. Must get ready for work. I'm running late. Will journal when I get to work, if I have time.
Old 04-05-2013, 08:23 AM   #95
Senior LCF Member

Week 1; (-9.0)
Week 2; (-2.6)
Week 3; (-.4)
Week 4; (-4.2)
Week 5; (-2.4)
Week 6; (-2.8)
Week 7; (+2.4)

04-05-13; P3 10; 189.2 (+2.4)

I've been waiting for this to happen, and last night it finally did.

It only happens, perhaps, once each year, if that. I was due for such an episode, and I'm glad it's over.

This is going to be a long post with a lot of truth involved. I won't post it in my P3 stabilization thread, since I feel more comfortable airing all of the dirty laundry here.

TOM hit with a vengeance yesterday just before noon. I knew something was going to happen, since I've been experiencing foot cramps and my appetite has been increasing the past several days. I wasn't hungry, but with each day, I found myself eating more foods since I couldn't satiate my appetite. I wasn't out of control...yet.

It's rare that I get a full-on TOM anymore since I had a thermal ablation 10 years ago and am peri-menopausal. So, when I went to the restroom at work yesterday and saw evidence that all systems were GO, it explained why I couldn't get enough to eat. I ate my normal breakfast and lunch and then, at 3:00 p.m., sitting at my desk, I was simply ravenous. I went to Subway and got a Veggie Delight salad without meat, with green peppers, banana peppers, jalapeno peppers, lettuce, tomatoes, and 1 slice of Provolone, and a squirt of Ranch dressing and ate the entire salad! I thought sure I would have half of it leftover for dinner, but nooooo!

When I got home, an old friend came to visit for about 30 minutes, and then it was time to eat dinner. That's when it happened. I saw the Easter candy and took two jellybeans and then put them back. And then it was like animal instinct took over and I ate the jelly beans and -- well, 3 sleeves of Girl Scout cookies later, and a handful of Easter candy, I finally stopped the splurge.

I recall distinctly the same thing happening to me when I was low-carbing from 352 pounds down to 189. At about the 200-pound mark after staying on plan for months on end, the sale thing happened. TOM hit hard, I ate an entire box of Cap'n Crunch cereal straight from the box, and then stopped the splurge.

My splurge last night cost me a gain of 2.4 pounds and now I am 1 pound out of my LIW window.

Last night I walked the floor from midnight until 1:45 a.m. with excruciating foot and toe cramps in both feet alternating, and then radiating shin cramps up my left leg. The toe cramps are so bad that my toes pull in different directions. I can stand there and watch them move on their own volition. There's nothing I can do to stop it. I even got large rubber bands and put them around my foot to keep my toes together, but it didn't work.

But, the worst part is over now. The calm is palpable. I don't want any sweets, and the TOM symptoms are leaving. Hopefully, the feet, toe, and shin cramps won't keep me up tonight. My left shin is so sore I can barely touch it.

So, to recover and put me back into my window, I'm doing a correction day. My booklet from my doctor says I need to skip breakfast and lunch, and then eat 1 apple or 1 tomato, and a 1- or 2-pound steak at dinner, and just have coffee, tea, water, or diet pop the rest of the day.

But, since I'm banded, meat doesn't go down well. Instead, I am doing a Greek Yogurt correction day. I bought Fage 2% Plain Greek Yogurt and a bag of frozen blueberries.

I'm eating my first meal of it right now and it's delicious!!

Onward...

Last edited by SkepticalMe; 04-05-2013 at 08:28 AM..
Old 04-05-2013, 11:19 AM   #96
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Stats: Twoterville/1st. Goal - ONEderland!
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Everyday!
Just got back from cleaning my church and needless to say I am exhausted but I read your jounnal and just wanted to give you this When TOM is anywhere near I am a ravenous monster so I know what you talk about. The scale will go down I am sure of it, hang in there. I am going to veg. in front of the television for a bit and allow my body to rest, church stairs are a killer. I am so sorry to hear about your toes, it sounds painful. Have a good weekend.
MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 05:40 AM   #97
Senior LCF Member

Week 1; (-9.0)
Week 2; (-2.6)
Week 3; (-.4)
Week 4; (-4.2)
Week 5; (-2.4)
Week 6; (-2.8)
Week 7; (+2.4)

04-06-13; P3 11; 189.0 (-.2)

The Greek Yorgurt correction day doesn't seem to have worked for me. So, I am going to take the advice of another hCG-er here on these boards and will do a correction day today of 10 eggs.

I've got 10 eggs boiling on the stove as I type this.

Hopefully the scale will show a lesser number tomorrow. I only need .8 to put me back into my window.

Onward...

Last edited by SkepticalMe; 04-06-2013 at 05:45 AM..
Old 04-06-2013, 05:41 AM   #98
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagieDen View Post
Just got back from cleaning my church and needless to say I am exhausted but I read your jounnal and just wanted to give you this When TOM is anywhere near I am a ravenous monster so I know what you talk about. The scale will go down I am sure of it, hang in there. I am going to veg. in front of the television for a bit and allow my body to rest, church stairs are a killer. I am so sorry to hear about your toes, it sounds painful. Have a good weekend.
Thanks for the hugs, Maggie. I need them! I'm so sorry that cleaning your church exhausts you. I'm sure there's a place up front in HEaven for people like you, however!!

Have a great weekend!
Old 04-07-2013, 05:52 AM   #99
Senior LCF Member

Week 1; (-9.0)
Week 2; (-2.6)
Week 3; (-.4)
Week 4; (-4.2)
Week 5; (-2.4)
Week 6; (-2.8)
Week 7; (+2.4)

04-06-13; P3 11; 189.0 (-.2)
04-07-13; P3 12; 188.4 (-.6)

I'm nearly back in my window. That's good.

I submitted a revised paper yesterday for my economics class, and worked on another. When I'm finished posting here, I will work on it and submit it today, and then start the last one.

Our sons move to Arizona tomorrow morning. I'm afraid that I will be an emotional wreck when I go to work, since I've already been crying yesterday and now.

We all have our own journey. Life goes on.

Onward...