Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Weight Loss Journals (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/weight-loss-journals/)
-   -   ITS NOW OR NEVER. (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/weight-loss-journals/796778-its-now-never.html)

RENEWED 02-09-2013 03:09 PM

ITS NOW OR NEVER.

This year I am determined to finally reach my goal of 135.

Two year ago, I made it as low as 140 but my body never really "settled in at that weight. My "set-point" weight is around 155-160 ~ so my body always seems to go back to that :sad:

Well right now Im ready to get this party started and I am starting the year off back on a low carb diet. The winter time seems to really bring on endless carb cravings due to the 'winter blues' and I think low carb will do the trick to get me out of this danger zone.

Im going to use the Dukan Diet as a foundation for my low carb plan. I use the word "foundation" because everything may not exactly by the book. For instance, I know the book calls for extra lean eating as far as dietary fat is concerned and Im not going to go extra crazy and be paranoid of eating fat. I did Protein Power and Atkins long ago to lose the majority of my weight after college and then switched to calorie counting (with balanced meals) to lose the rest of the weight once I plateaued.

My body will fluctuate EASILY within a 10 pound range. After I reached 140 years ago, I should have really just went into maintenance mode and really tried to figure out how to stabilize my weight at that point.. I was doing tons of cardio back then.

This time I want to do things differently and really get my body in the best shape ever. Im pretty healthy already because I eat well and exercise, but I really want to get the leanest, strongest ME possible this year.

When the time comes for me to have children, I want to be the healthiest/leanest that I have ever been so that I can do my part to have a healthy pregnancy as well. I'm not trying to have babies right now, but thinking about it gives me extra motivation to really establish and maintain the weight that I always wanted.

I just want to be happy and want all my hard work of eating well and exercising to pay off! So Im committed.

Goals Set!

RENEWED 02-09-2013 03:15 PM

Status Update

OK. HERE GOES NOTHING!!

Here is my status so far:

Thursday, February 7, 2013 – 161 *Regular lowcarb, but not officially Dukan)

Friday, February 8, 2013 – 158 *

=============================

Friday Eats:

1) eggs w/regular sausage w/ cheese

2) cream cheese + dk choc almonds

3) steak-ums w/ cheese + boiled egg whites w/ light mayo

4) vodka & diet 7 up

RENEWED 02-09-2013 03:24 PM

Saturday, February 9, 2013 - 156.6

Got 7 hours of sleep last night :)

Went to the gym this morning with my favorite new workout sauna suit and busted out 60 minutes of cardio.

I am going to work on a new strength training program tonight to get started next week. I am going to incorporate resistance bands in my program as well.

Anyway.. came home and weighed in at 156.6.. Down from the 158 I saw yesterday.. Yaay.. I am just glad that I am getting away from the 160s! I do not belong in the 160s at all.

7 more pounds and I can officially be done with the 150's and this just makes me so darn happy. I will keep pushing.

Pure Protein (no veggies) day 3, but those almonds that I ate yesterday were not quite pure protein.. but hey~ I still dropped.

===============================================
Food for the day

1) 2 cheese burgers w/ egg white "salad"

2) sugar free jello w/cream cheese

RENEWED 02-09-2013 07:48 PM

...CONTINUED (Saturday)

3) - tilapia and scalllops

RENEWED 02-11-2013 04:40 AM

Sunday, February 10 2013 - (Weight: UP 4 oz)

With all the almonds that I ate the night before, should have expected not to have a good drop. Obviously I am still transitioning into this low carb lifestyle again...slowly. No worries though. One more higher fat day to settle in to ketosis and kill any residual cravings and then close to DUKAN I go (less fat).

OK. So... Sunday. Here goes ~

Exercise: 60 minutes cardio (rss)

Weight: 157

Meals:

1) 1 burger no cheese + egg salad

2) 4 steak um w cheese

3) 4 steak um w/ cheese

4) sugar free banana pudding w/ cream cheese

RENEWED 02-11-2013 05:01 AM

Monday, February 11, 2013 (Weight Change: 0)

Weight is stable for today. Still 157

I should have a big drop tonight due to the shock I will give my body today with less dairy and less fat. Less like Atkins and more like Dukan. Less grease.. (Darn, I love those steakums).. Haha.. the problem with those is- it takes a good 4 or 5 for you to feel like you have had enough!

Anyway, Im refocusing and transitioning to the Dukan way. I pretty much ate all the higher calorie stuff that I wanted out of the house anyway - the things I used to turn to when I low carbed:

almonds
cream cheese
high fat/high calorie cheese
higher fat meats

If I could eat these things and DROP weight, I would but I know that years ago I plateaued around this weight while eating this way. I could eat a lot of meat / fat but I was MAINTAINING, not losing. So I know at least for me~ at some point, even with low carb~ calories do matter for weightloss. Maybe not for maintaining, but definitely for weightloss.

So... anyway, its time for me to see a 5 pound drop this week!

I really wanted to drop at least 7 pounds before transitioning to protein veggies, I will take it day by day and see how my body is feeling.

Dukan says 2 days of attack..

So Lets Attack this fat!

Drinking a ton of water today.

RENEWED 02-12-2013 06:17 AM

Monday, February 12, 2013

Exercise: Rest day

1) scrambled tofu

2) tuna w/light mayo

3) sf jello & PB** (this was not on the plan, but I was stuck in a crunch)

4) tilapia and scallops

5) mixed nuts.

Yes I was out and should have been more prepared. The nuts and the pb are NOT on the plan. I brought tuna with me because I was only supposed to be out for a short amount of time.. but of course that didn't happen. I was away from home for hours. It could have been worse I guess, but I sure didn't want to eat any more nuts!
:stars:

RENEWED 02-12-2013 06:21 AM

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Got up early, so no weigh in this morning.

I plan to exercise tonight after work. I got my back packed and ready to go.

This morning I scambled some more tofu for the day and also brought 2 - 0% greek yogurts.. and I brought 2 sugar free jellos. Hopefully that will last me all day because thats all I had time to make this morning! I should be fine. I made a good portion of the tofu scramble.

Will report today's events later !

I will see 154 by Friday...and that's THAT!

Rachel 02-12-2013 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RENEWED (Post 16254506)
Got up early, so no weigh in this morning.

I plan to exercise tonight after work. I got my back packed and ready to go.

This morning I scambled some more tofu for the day and also brought 2 - 0% greek yogurts.. and I brought 2 sugar free jellos. Hopefully that will last me all day because thats all I had time to make this morning! I should be fine. I made a good portion of the tofu scramble.

Will report today's events later !

I will see 154 by Friday...and that's THAT!

RENEWED
I so do love your motivation and drive. You will see that drop you desire. Good luck.

Rachel

:heart: HOW BAD DO YOU WANT IT :heart:

:weigh:206/196.6/140:weigh:

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ey-begins.html

RENEWED 02-12-2013 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rachel (Post 16254571)
RENEWED
I so do love your motivation and drive. You will see that drop you desire. Good luck.

Rachel

:weigh:206/196.6/140:weigh:

Aww... Thanks! So glad you stopped by! I am determined to drop this weight ASAP. Although lowcarb is not what got me to my lowest before, I am going to give this a shot to see if it will work this time around! It definitely has helped as far as late night cravings are concerned... and that alone makes me happy! I needed to resume SOME control through this winter and that is exactly what I am going to do -- one way or the other!

RENEWED 02-12-2013 06:39 PM

Tuesday

So let me log my meals for the day! I try to wait until the end of the day because I remembered that this site does not let you go back and modify your posts after a certain time period. I'd much rather log throughout the day but I dont want 5 separate posts of all my meals for 1 day.. Yea.. that would be crazy.

1) Scrambled tofu and 12 oz greek yogurt

2) Scrambled tofu

3) 12 oz greek yogurt w/ sf jello

4) salad.

Let me tell you something! A girl was hungry today! I hate that! I did the tofu thing because sometimes I just want a break from the meat but I dont know if that was a good thing. I hate thinking about food all day long but that is exactly what happened today. Ugh!

I do know that eating protein just does not fill me up unless I have a significant amount of fat with it. That scrambled tofu just didn't do it. I swear, I could have eaten the tupperware container once the tofu was gone. I probably would have but I was unsure of the carb count of the plastic.. OMGoodness!

Yes, I am still trying to get these 2 straight day of protein and apparently I still haven't conquered it (see salad above). I know, I know - the key is to prepare your food well in advance.

Im still pushing it no matter what! I better go read some more of this Dukan book right now!

RENEWED 02-13-2013 06:22 PM

Wednesday, February 13th

Only 4.5 hours of sleep last night.. Sooo not good. That's another "problem" when I lowcarb --- Restless Nights!

Meal Log for the Day

1) Crab, lettuce, cheese ( no dressing)

2) Triple cheese burger no bun w/ mayo

3) Sf Jello pudding

Im thinking I should take some melatonin or SOMETHING tonight so that I can get some sleep. I was sleepy 30 minutes ago, but now that I just took a nice relaxing bath - Im wide awake. :dunno:

RENEWED 02-18-2013 06:19 AM

MONDAY, FEBRUARY 18TH

OH. MY. GOSH

Uh.. This would normally be the time to "Exit Stage Left" and not come back and post until I saw a better number on the scale.. BUT

The truth is ...

The Good:
I was doing ok last week until...... my man took me away for a surprise Valentine Day weekend. Lots of pampering, meals out a restaurants where we first went during our first year together, wine tastings... OH my. It was nice (except for the fact that TOM came early ... what the..:annoyed:) .. but anyway, it was still NICE.

So... after a week of cutting out carbs... the weekend was full of them! OH my.. Carb City. Yes, I could have refrained. I could have chosen just meat and eggs.. but I didn't

And my weight today.. Its the highest that I have seen in a long time.. And I knew it would be because we ate like we had no care in the world. That with no working out? --- Disaster. I'm not surprised though to be honest.. I have to take ownership for my actions.

Anyway, I recommitted today. Actually last night I recommitted myself fully for the next 6 weeks. Me AND my family actually. We are actually fasting from certain things for the next 6 weeks so we are all refocused and are committed for next 6 weeks (not that the weightloss stops after that).

We have given up things to respect our bodies and really focused on health and are also doing things to grow spiritually. That's the plan.

Now.. as far as my eating is concerned. This is going to throw you for a loop..
Dukan; Meat and Eggs, etc is out. I chose to do that plan in the beginning because I just wanted to see quick weightloss and thats what the plan promises - BUT the main problem is - I do not feel great when i eat that way. My body just not feel good with all that protein. So, I am going back to what has worked for me before and its BALANCE.

Yes, watch my carbs, but eat good carbs, protein and good fat. Keep the sugar low... Balance, balance, balance. Plus, I honestly do not LOVE meat so eating loads of it makes me wanna just ... well anyway, let's just say - No more of straight protein. I can't do it.

I am committed to not go off and do just any ole thing in the name of dropping 10 pounds in 2 days.. lol...

I think the best low carb plan that I can say that worked for me is Protein Power. I will see that it provided the most balance.

But Im not calling myself on any plan. I need to use what I have learned over all these years of dieting and just apply what has worked for me! If I can just do that~ I can be free of all this madness once and for all.

Let's pray on it :)

In my "diet" their will be protein. There will be some complex carbs. There will be fruit. There will be vegetables. There will be BALANCE.

Im determined and committed to find it.

Anyway...here's to the next 6 weeks.

So now we have a begin date: Today.
Goal Date: April 1st.

Oh. yes.. and the Damage.

Scale: 167. Believe it. :( .. Amazing what a few days can do.

Too motivated to be sad though. Here goes.

Rachel 02-18-2013 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RENEWED (Post 16265201)
OH. MY. GOSH

Uh.. This would normally be the time to "Exit Stage Left" and not come back and post until I saw a better number on the scale.. BUT

The truth is ...

The Good:
I was doing ok last week until...... my man took me away for a surprise Valentine Day weekend. Lots of pampering, meals out a restaurants where we first went during our first year together, wine tastings... OH my. It was nice (except for the fact that TOM came early ... what the..:annoyed:) .. but anyway, it was still NICE.

So... after a week of cutting out carbs... the weekend was full of them! OH my.. Carb City. Yes, I could have refrained. I could have chosen just meat and eggs.. but I didn't

And my weight today.. Its the highest that I have seen in a long time.. And I knew it would be because we ate like we had no care in the world. That with no working out? --- Disaster. I'm not surprised though to be honest.. I have to take ownership for my actions.

Anyway, I recommitted today. Actually last night I recommitted myself fully for the next 6 weeks. Me AND my family actually. We are actually fasting from certain things for the next 6 weeks so we are all refocused and are committed for next 6 weeks (not that the weightloss stops after that).

We have given up things to respect our bodies and really focused on health and are also doing things to grow spiritually. That's the plan.

Now.. as far as my eating is concerned. This is going to throw you for a loop..
Dukan; Meat and Eggs, etc is out. I chose to do that plan in the beginning because I just wanted to see quick weightloss and thats what the plan promises - BUT the main problem is - I do not feel great when i eat that way. My body just not feel good with all that protein. So, I am going back to what has worked for me before and its BALANCE.

Yes, watch my carbs, but eat good carbs, protein and good fat. Keep the sugar low... Balance, balance, balance. Plus, I honestly do not LOVE meat so eating loads of it makes me wanna just ... well anyway, let's just say - No more of straight protein. I can't do it.

I am committed to not go off and do just any ole thing in the name of dropping 10 pounds in 2 days.. lol...

I think the best low carb plan that I can say that worked for me is Protein Power. I will see that it provided the most balance.

But Im not calling myself on any plan. I need to use what I have learned over all these years of dieting and just apply what has worked for me! If I can just do that~ I can be free of all this madness once and for all.

Let's pray on it :)

In my "diet" their will be protein. There will be some complex carbs. There will be fruit. There will be vegetables. There will be BALANCE.

Im determined and committed to find it.

Anyway...here's to the next 6 weeks.

So now we have a begin date: Today.
Goal Date: April 1st.

Oh. yes.. and the Damage.

Scale: 167. Believe it. :( .. Amazing what a few days can do.

Too motivated to be sad though. Here goes.

RENEWED
Good for you and thet whole family. You know what will best suit your needs and sometimes we just have to re-evalaluate what will work and make the changes that we need so we can be successeful. Slow and steady wins the race so as long as you stay in the race you will reach your goal.

Rachel

:up:"No breakdown only breakthroughs":up:

:weigh:206/194.6/140:weigh:

RENEWED 02-19-2013 05:30 PM

HEY!!! :D Thanks for keeping my journal warm!

Im so mad! I typed a nice long post, tried to post it, and WHAM!!!!.. ERROR! Sigh.. and of course when I pressed the BACK button... NOTHING!

So anyway. I guess I will just keep this short and sweet and update my meals and exercise.

RENEWED 02-19-2013 05:34 PM

Monday's Meals

Exercise - 2 hours total w/ upper body strength training

1) greek yogurt & orange

2) mashed cauliflower and 1/2 cup lima beans

3) atkins bar

4) salad

5) sf choc pop

================
Tuesday

Exercise: 70 minutes total w/ legs

1) greek yogurt & orange

2) atkins bar

3) 1 pk plain oatmeal

4) butternut squash mixed w/protein powder

5) chicken breast & collard greens

I think I will do a midweek weighin in the morning. Anything is better than that 167.

RENEWED 02-20-2013 05:40 AM

Wednesday, February 20th

Weight: 162. Down 5 from Monday.. Must get out of 160's NOW!

Exercise am: 60 minutes

1) oatmeal w/ low carb milk.. 10 grapes

2) protein shake *

3) "stirfry" (beans, veggies, brownrice, chicken) *

4) same *

5) atkins bar *

* planned meals. We'll see how close I get.

Rachel 02-20-2013 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RENEWED (Post 16269224)
Weight: 162. Down 5 from Monday.. Must get out of 160's NOW!

Exercise am: 60 minutes

1) oatmeal w/ low carb milk.. 10 grapes

2) protein shake *

3) "stirfry" (beans, veggies, brownrice, chicken) *

4) same *

5) atkins bar *

* planned meals. We'll see how close I get.

Way to go looks like you know exactly what you are doing. YOU GO!

Rachel

:up:"No breakdown only breakthroughs":up:

:weigh:206/195.6/140:weigh:

RENEWED 02-24-2013 04:19 PM

Sunday, February 22, 2013 -

Weigh in: Tomorrow!

50 minutes cardio & legs

Very Late Start Today!

1) Protein Bar

2) 2 pc sundried tomato tilapia w/ mashed cauliflower, 1/4 cup kidney beans

*Vitamins: Iron BSM, Prenatal
30DD

RENEWED 03-07-2013 07:28 PM

oh my gosh. My post!!! :( Again, I was typing a post and made 1 wrong move and my post vanished. Sigh!!!

Well, to make a long story short, I was writing about my self-diagnosed Seasonal Affective Disorder and what a darn rough time I have been having lately due to the "winter blues." I wont retype everything, but I will just say THANK YOU JESUS that the time changes this weekend. I cannot begin to tell you how this depression has been making me the saddest! This is the oddest thing ever. Its just weird to me that i cannot control it. I really do not suffer with any depression any other time of the year, except shortly after the darn time changes after Halloween.

Anyway, before I lose this post, I will just end here to say that I haven't fallen off, I have just been working so hard to get myself together lately that I havent posted. I will soon for sure.