Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Weight Loss Journals (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/weight-loss-journals/)
-   -   Putting It All Together (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/weight-loss-journals/796622-putting-all-together.html)

Hopefulsweigh 02-07-2013 11:30 AM

Putting It All Together

So happy to have found this....I have been on JUDDD for 9.5 months but have never ventured over here consistently.

This seems like to perfect place to post my ramblings.

I am feeling so much better....I think :)

Fueling my body has felt great....but emotionally I feel lost. I followed JUDDD for 9.5 months and I had no inclination that it was all about to change, but here we are. :confused: Listening to your body can be confusing so I just keep trying. Right now the body wants food. I am fueling on good eats...limited processing, good fats etc. I am eating when full and trying to make good choices.

The first couple days I think my body was so happy for the daily fuel and I ate alot. Around 2200 calories on the 2 out of 4 days I counted, then yesterday I was at 1600. My fat macros have been high, between 50 and 60%. Yesterday the "hunger" seemed to subside, today too. Could I be starting to feel "normal" again?

I have been " green juicing" for a week as well. I feel like I need an extra "jolt" and it can't hurt, right? I will continue to juice for the rest of the month - It feels good! I will have at least one glass a day.

I have not stepped on the scale since last week. I really don't want to either. I have to remember that this change is all about health, it's all about making the best me, not about the number on the scale. I think I need some time under my belt with this new WOE before stepping on the scale. Curiosity may get the better of me....so we'll see. I will weigh in at the end of Feb for sure. For now I am trying to eat intuitively...what is that? :stars: Yeah I dunno but I need to figure it out.

My GF suggest I ditch the scale completely. :hyst::hyst::hyst:

The numbers are driving me nuts...the scale, the calories, all of it. Feels like garbage constantly running through my head. So maybe she is on to something :dunno:.

I have been tracking daily calories and will do til my next weigh in, albeit now I am tracking when the day is done so as no to influence the eating patterns. I feel I need to keep track - so I know what to change if in a month this is not working. I will be quite happy just to remain stable.

If things seem relatively stable - I want to stop counting - I want to focus on different things :hyst:. Is it possible :dunno:.

On the menu for tonight....

Stuffed Peppers.....om.

Hopefulsweigh 02-08-2013 08:04 AM

Enjoying an awesome snow day!!!

My stomach felt a bit "off" last night. Could it be the 2 glasses of wine or was it the cheese :dunno:.

I am still feeling pretty good, although I was shocked when I plugged my calories in for the day - 2400 - mind you almost 400 of that was wine :stars:

Working on my second bulletproof coffee right now. I'm using Coconut Oil and HWC. I priced out MCT Oil - $40...I thought that was kinda pricey. I have a 5Gallon tub of EVCO that cost me $75 and is only 1/4 of the way through so I need to get through that first - at least put a dent in it!

I have been using coconut oil a lot this week. Eating Fat Bombs, Bulletproof Coffee, and using it to fry things. Mainly the Zucchini Bacon Fritters.

I have had these fritters the past two days and will make them again today. So yummy. I need to see about Nitrate free bacon. I wonder if the Hormel is nitrate free mmmm:stars:I should go check!

Food is still consuming my brain - I certainly feel much calmer though!

It's 11 and have not had breakfast - not hungry this morning (guess that's the 2 coffee's) - so I'm listening - but don't want to hold out too long.

Hopefulsweigh 02-08-2013 10:24 AM

Well I think I waited to long.

Ended up having first meal, a fritatta at 10 to 1. I was starving....and the fritatta was already in the fridge. Just heat and serve. No fuss no muss. I'm still hungry - so I had a few fat bombs. I'm waiting a bit but I think I'm still hungry. Going to have a cup of tea. No fritter for me yet today, I still have stuffed peppers in the fridge, so there are choices for future eats.

I'm off to make a green juice. Forgot about it yesterday and by the time I remembered, I just chose not to have one. It's ok. Just carry on. Don't get stuck on missing a day of juicing, keep moving forward. It's a journey Hope, remember that! Love thyself.

Hopefulsweigh 02-08-2013 02:44 PM

What a workout! :heart: Snow!

I made the bacon fritters again. They are so yummy and come in at 577 calories and that's with them dripping in butter. OM

Bacon Fritters

1-2 cup of zucchini (mine was about a cup after it dethawed and was squeezed)
2 eggs
3 slices of Hormel pre-cooked bacon , cut into small pieces
1TBSP of coconut flour
salt
coconut oil for frying
butter for topping

Mix everything except oil and butter, let stand for 5 so it thickens.

Drop by spoonfuls onto heated pan, then I press them down a bit. Cook for about 3-4 minutes per side.

They come out golden brown.

Top with butter.

MMMM so delicious and lowcarb - only 6 carbs!!!

OMM

Dolores Claiborne 02-09-2013 02:57 AM

I think I'll give that recipe a try, looks tasty.

Thanks for posting it and good luck.

GailyGail 02-09-2013 05:59 AM

Thank you for posting the bacon fritter recipe -- those sound fabulous! Did you get a lot of snow yesterday? We got a ton of snow in Boston, about 24 inches.

Hopefulsweigh 02-09-2013 06:15 AM

Was feeling kind bingey last night. I was hungry so I ate. I don't know where I am putting all these calories - I am up over 2300 again. All clean eats though (except for the chocolate)

I "gave in" to dark chocolate, cheese, and cream cheese muffins.

Today is a new day. Almost feeling like IFing :rofl:. Enjoying my bulletproof coffee right now - and have no inclination to eat any time soon. Maybe I will naturally IF till dinner. We'll see. I will listen to the body!

Having company for dinner. On the menu

-Pineapple Chicken
-Roasted colored potatoes (I'll skip these)
-Lemon Broccoli
-Roasted Brussel Sprouts

Happy Saturday - off to swimming lessons with DD.

Hopefulsweigh 02-12-2013 09:05 AM

I am feeling fabulous since stopping JUDDD. I have stepped on the scale and was not at all shocked that I was the exact same weight. I have been eating on average 2200 calories everyday:rofl:. No wheat or processed food, lots of Coconut Oil and Juicing as much as possible for the extra nutrient kick. I have been enjoying my food and feeling really relaxed about the whole thing. If I can maintain this weight that is still good. I would however like to figure how to go back into weightloss mode while maintaining fabulous nutrition. I have been reading the Perfect Health Diet Thread....interesting as there are many principles that I have been implementing since I stopped JUDDD that the PHD promotes. Sometimes all the information about all the different WOE's can be so overwhelming. I do agree that we need to take care of out temples - so I am working on what feels good for me. Health and nutrition....but come on I still want to drop these last 10 vanity pounds....:dunno:

Hopefulsweigh 02-13-2013 06:47 AM

According to my app - TOM is due in 2 days. Does this explain my constant hunger? It's not real hunger...I just want to eat.

I'm trying to stop and learn instead of beating myself up.:stars:

For the past 10 days or so since there has been no bingeing...I have been eating when hungry and trying to make good food choices.

My logic thinks that I must be missing something if I still feel bingey. Could safe starches help? Will following the "Perfect Health Diet" be the next logical step?

I am answering my own question...yes it is time to add safe starches to the plan. I better to research more on that and aim to add one safe starch a day.

white potatoes
sweet potatoes
rice...i wonder if Basmati would do as I have a huge bag?

Have no clue what is on the menu for today...but I better make a plan. There are lots of good choices in the fridge I just need to throw everything together...oh and there is a spinach fritatta....ok all is well! So glad I made that last night.

Not really hungry at the moment. I plan to have another Bulletproof Coffee before eating, so I am going to hang off as long as possible...maybe add a sweet potato to the lunch that would be the safe starch. And I could add rice to the Stuffed Peppers...is that too much at once?

I know I need to workout too...but the house and chores are calling me....maybe tonight or this afternoon if i use my time effectively?

Hopefulsweigh 02-14-2013 07:25 AM

Adding the safe starches helped yesterday..was not bingey at all!

I had sweet potatoes with my fritatta for lunch.

Then added rice to the stuffed peppers.

Did not count calories yesterday. Why does that make me feel lost? :stars:

I feel puffed up today...thanks to TOM.

Working on 14 hour fast and 10 hour eating window for the moment.

Hopefulsweigh 02-16-2013 05:47 AM

So I had a right nosh on dark chocolate for the past two nights :dunno: TOM is here :annoyed:. I know I was not hungry when I was stuffing my face :confused: but I continued to unwrap those little packages.

Last night was worse...not just Dark Chocolate but Dark Chocolate Acai Berries :stars:. Seriously why do I even buy these...it happens EVERYTIME!

I feel like I need to do something to "correct" this?

IF? :hyst:

Maybe :stars:.

Hopefulsweigh 02-16-2013 02:10 PM

Thought about IFing linger than 14 hours and the irritation came on quick!!!

Interesting!

Hopefulsweigh 02-20-2013 09:58 AM

So its been 1 week since I started adding safe starches.

My calories are still pretty high and I am eating when hungry so the goal is maintenance right now.

Feeling good from the inside out, I have to keep reminding myself this. Sometimes it takes too much brain space - but I am moving in the right direction.

The goal is to just keep "adding things".

-safe starches - check
- Bone broth - check
-fermented vegetables
-snacks for kidlets that I deem safe. Puffed rice with coconut oil and cocoa

Rome wasn't built in a day.

Hopefulsweigh 02-20-2013 05:55 PM

Breakfast 8:00- Bulletproof Coffee

Snack 11:00 - Fresh Green Juice

Lunch - 1:00 - Bone Broth with small serving of potato

Snack - 3:45 - Spaghetti Squash with Thai Beef

Dinner - 6:15 - 2 cups rice cereal, 1 cup blueberries, 1 oz 35% cream, milk

Snack - banana and almond butter

Snacks - Kale Chips, Seaweed

Hopefulsweigh 02-22-2013 05:06 AM

Yesterday's Eats

8AM - 2 Bulletproof coffee's

12PM- 25 grams of almonds

3:30 PM - Stuffed pepper with pamesaan curls on the side

6:00 - 2 glasses of red wine

8:00 - fresh green juice

9:30PM- Stuffed pepper with parmesan curls

Hopefulsweigh 02-22-2013 05:16 AM

So my visit at the doctors went well.

Told her about my eating patterns for the past year. As expected, she was horrified with JUDDD and was not surprised about the dramatic mood swings. Last time I was in her office I did share with her about JUDDD. She mentioned the Eat to Live Book again by Joel Fuhrman ?sp. She shared the his food pyramid with me. He includes beans and legumes and limited meat and dairy. So different from Paul Jaminet and the Perfect Health Diet, but I will give it a read.

We are off to the mother in laws for the weekend with the kidlets. The travelling food issue....argh

Hopefulsweigh 02-25-2013 06:29 PM

8AM - Bulletproof Coffee

12:30 - Broccoli with Marinara sauce and cheddar

5:30 - 2 cups frozen blueberries with fresh 35% cream

7:00 - broccoli with mozzarella and fresh 35% cream

8:30 - cashews and almonds

9:00 - 1 cup of blueberries and fresh 35% cream

Hopefulsweigh 02-26-2013 06:10 PM

8AM - Bulletproof Coffee

12PM - Bulletproof Coffee

2PM- Snap Peas, Blood Orange

6:30 PM - Spaghetti Squash, Bok choy, Rang Dang Beef. Blood Orange

7:30- Almond Butter. Smarties.

8:30 - Dark Chocolate Acai Berries (pkg) Rice cereal with strawberries, milk and a dollop of cream

Hopefulsweigh 02-28-2013 08:58 AM

The Chocolate Acai Berries are at it again.

Yesterday I had at least 5 packages of 90 calorie pack berries. I bought them in the packs instead of the big bag for easier control. So 5 bags...uh could have been worse.

Feeling the "sugar problem" today.

I can now verify that when I eat sugar I want more and more and more.

It's been a month since my detox from sugar and processed food.

So besides the 5 packs I made better food choices...from a nutritional standpoint.

Hopefulsweigh 02-28-2013 09:00 AM

8am-2 bulletproof coffees

11am- few almonds
Big banana
1/2 avocado
almond butter
apple

Hopefulsweigh 03-01-2013 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hopefulsweigh (Post 16286182)
8am-2 bulletproof coffees

11am- few almonds
Big banana
1/2 avocado
almond butter
apple

3PM-Rice, mushroom and tomato stuffed pepper filling

Munching on pineapple and blackberries throughout the day

7PM- 3 BBq'd Portabello Mushrooms

I felt absolutely stuffed yesterday and FAT...:cry:

Hopefulsweigh 03-01-2013 05:03 PM

Since adding "safe starches" I'm up 2.6 pounds :cry:.

I have spent February in WOE Limbo.

Have read bits and pieces of both The Perfect Health Diet and Live to Eat. And here are the bits I have followed, or attempted to follow in February.

-If 14-16 hours
-eliminate processed food
-no sugar
-no sucralose
-increase vegetable intake
-increase fruit intake
-intuitive eating
-stopped weighing daily
-stopped calorie counting (last two weeks)

142.6 was my lowest on JUDDD (for 5 minutes)
Ended January at 144.6 and anxious, panicky and short tempered
Ended February at 147.2

What to do now? :dunno:

Hopefulsweigh 03-01-2013 05:05 PM

8AM - Bulletproof Coffee
10AM - Tim Hortons coffee with Double Cream
1AM-Stuffed Pepper (rice, mushrooms and leeks), 1.5 cups of brussel sprouts with Balsamic Vinegar

Snacked on Snap peas and Baby carrots throughout the afternoon

6:30PM - Stuffed Pepper, 2 Portabello Mushroom Caps, Sweet Potato (1/3). 2 glasses of red wine

8:00 apple

9:00 - 1/2 an orange

Oh right...and not to forget the rice puff, raisin crack I made. I've had 6 throughout the day. I feel full!

Hopefulsweigh 03-02-2013 04:49 AM

I have been off JUDDD for a month.

The scale shows a gain of 2.6 - all in the past two weeks. First two weeks I did weigh as I was eating 2000-2400 calories and not gaining a pound, mostly fat and protein and veggies. I added "safe starches about two weeks ago. Rice, sweet potatoes, bananas. The past 10 days or so is my protein and fat consumption reduced dramatically, after reading "Eat to Live". I added lots more veggies AND at least 4 fruits per day.
I feel stuffed. And I am spending far to much time on the toilet, sorry tmi. Time to add more protein and fat and I think I need to count calories again. I want to be back in weightloss mode. I have surgery next week and want to keep my body chalk full of nutrition - so I'm sure I'll be juicing too.

I think now that I am getting more nutrients in my body in may be time for 5:2??? Still following PHD.

Hopefulsweigh 03-04-2013 05:07 AM

Interesting food weekend.

Were out at a friends house for dinner. Lasagna and chocolate cake were on the menu and I enjoyed both. Followed by Ballerina Tea :sick:.

The following day I decided to do a DD :dunno:, go figure.

All was well till the two glasses of wine :eek: Then I had the munchies...but up to that point I had only eaten about 600 calories, so still a very low calorie day.

I think I will start rotations again. DD's need to have higher numbers and I will incorporate Coconut Oil every DD. I'm thinking 5:2...but this week I am doing regular rotations. DD's I will munch on fresh vegetables like carrots and snap peas throughout the day to tame hunger and plan to have lunch and dinner.

:dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno:

We will see where the head is tomorrow.

Breast Surgery (Duct Removal) is this Thursday...:aprayer:

My anxiety is back. The change in WOE was great at first....but I'm back!

Hopefulsweigh 04-03-2013 06:50 AM

I have been to the the Integrative doc who specializes in Bio identical Hormones. Yesterday was Day 21 of my cycle and my blood was drawn twice. We are off to Disney this Friday and will meet with doc again on April 16 to see what she recommends.

I first went to see doc on Day 24 of cycle so I had quite a wait before the blood could be drawn. Since then I have been taking Holy Basil twice a day, Chastetree 3 times a day and melatonin before bed. My sleep has improved which is nice. I do feel slightly better and knowing there will be further improvement is so encouraging, but I do have uncomfortable moments still. For the past 3 days I have been nauseous. This is a common symptom for me, and now I recognize that this happens about a week or so prior to my period and can last throughout my period as well. When this first started to happen I freaked because I thought I was pregnant....yikes now that was scary.

So I really hope I am on my way to wellness.

As far as food goes...for today I am concentrating on nutrients. I have the juicer all ready to go. The past few days...ok week has been filled with too much sugar and processed crap. Weight today 148.6.

This number will not define me.

Hopefulsweigh 04-15-2013 05:28 AM

After a sugar filled week in Florida my weight is 147, so nothing gained while I was away. My nose has been stuffed for the past 5 days though and I'm wondering if that is the sugar.
Sugar mainly came from alcohol. Love those frozen Pina Coladas from Walmart. Thank goodness I'm Canadian and don't have to face those tasty treats in our Walmart on a regular basis.
I have my appointment with the doc tomorrow for the bio identicals. I am so hopeful that this will be my saving grace. Feel like crap today with a headache and low energy.
I now I need to incorporate exercise back into my daily routine. Need to have a plan. Will have this sorted out by the end of the week.

Hopefulsweigh 05-01-2013 05:48 PM

Ok...a bit late but I have exercise sorted out!

Goals for the month involve moving....anyway I can.
Walking-12 hours
Callanetics - 12 hours - so excited about this.
The Escarpment Stairs-6X.

Today I walked and it was great. The sun was shining. I could smell fresh cut grass. Feels like a new beginning. I have goals this month...which also feels fantastic. Life is moving in the right direction.

Walking 1/12
Callanetics 0/12
Escarpment Stairs 0/6

Hopefulsweigh 05-01-2013 06:10 PM

9AM-Bulletproof Coffee
11AM-2 eggs, 2oz cheddar
4PM-strawberries, pineapple
7PM-London Broil with Blue Cheese Dressing, Cesar Salad
9PM-Fruit Salad (Banana, Strawberries, Pineapple, Blueberries) 2 TBSP Peanut Butter

Tomorrow will be a DD...so I'm contemplating if I should eat more. I just want to be fueled. Still not sure what my plan for DD's are yet. All veg? All protein?? How many calories? I guess I need to make some goals and stick to it!

zipp2play 05-02-2013 07:12 AM

Hope today's DD goes well for you! With DD's there is truly no one size fits all. I tend to need to eat higher calories than a bunch on the board, but then others can fast the entire day! Do what is best for you!