LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2013, 08:41 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Katcando7
Stats: 221.6.5/216/130
WOE: High Protein/Low Car
Start Date: 1/31/2013
Kathy's 30 Day Journal

I am going to do a 30 day at a time journal eating high protein/low carb. I will try eating between 20 to 30 carbs a day. My goal is to find the foods that will continue to give me a loss, but allow me to enjoy what I am eating.

I am on Day 3 now. I have been doing good so far. I went from 221.6 to 218 lbs. So I feel like I am on the right track.

Foods I have been eating so far (and won't change):

Brearkfast:
Egg omelet muffins (egg, egg beaters, provolone cheese, deli turkey strips or salami cut up) w/hot tea. I eat about 3.
OR
2 slices of Deli Turkey wrapped around provolone cheese w/hot tea.

Lunch:
Tuna, onions, Mrs. Dash, mayonnaise (okay I ate the whole can), slice of swiss cheese, bottled water
OR
Grilled Chicken, mixed lettuce, red peppers onions, egg salad, sour cream, roasted pepper dressing. (Big salad made from the salad bar at work).

Dinner
2 Chicken Thighs, spinach sauteed in butter. I love butter slathered on everything. Glass of cabernet (love that wine does not effect me).
OR
Black Angus Burger, broccoli
OR
Steak, spinach or broccoli

My Grocery Store List This Week:
Eggs
Egg beaters
Swiss, provolone cheese
Red peppers, Green Peppers Onions Mix
Spinach
Black Angus Burger
Chicken
Onions
Butter
Red Wine
Bottled Water (4 a day)
hot tea

I will get more creative as I read some of the menus here. I won't do the bars because I know they will stall me.

I will do walking for my exercise. I am in a Pedometer Challenge at work now.
Katcando7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-2013, 09:30 AM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Wow it's Monday!! Getting off to a good Start.

B: 2 slices of Deli Turkey wrapped around swiss cheese w/hot tea, Water
L: Spicy Thai Chicken (no rice), Seltzer Water
S: Nut Cluster, hot tea
D: Rib-eye steak, spinach, red wine, Water

Made a wonderful concoction last night of cream cheese, unsweetend Hershey power, splenda. It taste like chocolate ice cream to me. Yum!

Last edited by Katcando7; 02-04-2013 at 09:32 AM..
Old 02-07-2013, 07:40 AM   #3
Junior LCF Member

No, it Can't be Thursday Already!!

I feel so good today. I have really been having fun trying new things. I have been having egg salad for breakfast. My favorite breakfast so far is the Western Omelet (green peppers, red peppers, onions, cheese). Yum!! Hubby made it for me this morning.

I notice my face/neck looking smaller this morning. So I know I am doing good. We will be taking my daughter out on Valentines Day to Red Lobster. So you know I have looked up the menu already to see what I can enjoy. Oh my gosh!! They have combos of broiled shrimp, fish and scallops drenched in butter. I can have that with broccoli or a salad. I can't weight.

I am finding it easier to not grab a dessert at office meetings. They seem to want to stuff everyone with sugar. I just grabbed a bottled water and sipped on it till the end of the meeting. So proud of myself.

I think having the little nut clusters to snack on really help. This has been a good first week. Very happy with the results.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:14 PM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Okay thought I would spend a moment here writing up my goal this year. I would like to start with losing 30 lbs. by June. Even though I have 80 total to lose. Second, I would like to for the first time this summer where tops without covering up with a jacket or vest. Every summer when I am out with my family I am always the one that is covered up hiding my arms, back and neck. Actually this is a good thing because no one really needs to see it. I had some free time today at work and was looking at pictures on my iPad of me last year this time and I look like I was holding my breath. I showed a coworker and she told me "Wow you really look swollen, now your face is so small." I really needed to hear that. Can't wait to watch the rest of me shrink.

I can do this!!
Old 02-08-2013, 05:22 AM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Week 1 - 5.2 lbs. Gone!! YEAH!!!
Old 02-08-2013, 05:25 AM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Old 02-08-2013, 10:55 AM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Back from Lunch

B - Western omelet w/swiss cheese melted on top, hot tea, bottled water

I had a huge salad from the salad bar.

Salad – spinach leaves, tuna, celery, egg salad, boiled eggs, beets, cole slaw, tomatoes, vinaigrette, chipotle lime dressing, seltzer water, bottled water

Very filling, this will last me till I get home tonight.

D - Chicken, broccoli, cabernet
Old 02-09-2013, 02:35 PM   #8
Junior LCF Member

Saturday

Ran my errands this morning got grocery shopping done, got the heels on my boots fixed. Went to visit my sister at work during lunchtime. We got ribs. They were so yummy a whole rack. Ate half at lunch and half at dinner. That was my splurge. Tried a new wine today. Great Cabernet for a low price. Now catching up on my games on Facebook. Sitting here with hubby watching TV. My kids are downstairs getting the game on..... Wii, etc. My cats are chilling next to each other. What a relaxing evening. Catching up on drinking my water........
Old 02-11-2013, 05:38 AM   #9
Junior LCF Member

It's "Marvelous Monday"
I added to my grocery list this week: salmon steaks, tilapia, brussel sprouts. I had the salmon steaks last night. Yum. So far I am 6 pounds down. My energy is up and I feel really good.

B-Western omelet, hot tea, water
L-Salad w/Tuna or Grilled Chicken/Veggies/Chipolte Lime Dressing, Seltzer Water
S-Almond Pecan Cashew Nut Clusters (5), Water
D-Salmon Steak, Broccoli, Glass of Cabernet, Water
Old 02-12-2013, 07:42 AM   #10
Junior LCF Member

It's "Terrific Tuesday"
Starting each day with a positive message. I feel good this morning I have been staying close to plan.

L-Salad w/Tuna or Grilled Chicken/Veggies/Chipolte Lime Dressing, Seltzer Water
D-Salmon Steak, Broccoli, Glass of Cabernet, Water

Excited about being off this Thursday through Monday. One of my daughter's birthday is Valentines Day. We are going out to Red Lobster for lunch that day to celebrate. I will be able to pick from anything broiled and dripping with butter with broccoli. I just love broiled seafood. I can't wait.

I am thinking of experimenting this weekend and bake a cheesecake from the recipes here using Splenda. I can't wait.

On a sad note my husband and I have to go to Richmond this weekend and start clearing out a house that was left to him from his mother. We went there a couple of times last year and could not get the energy up to move anything. He put the house on the market and it sold in a week, so now we have to go down there and start going through things and purging and then packing stuff to keep, then junking stuff. Not an easy thing to do. I will make sure that we pack our food to go that day (sandwiches for him and deli meat/cheese rolls for me) to get through this. I don't want to rely on the fast food places that are close by. Too many temptations.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:52 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/170/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2, 2012
You are doing really well and congratulations on your weight loss. I am so sorry for you and your husband -- cleaning out the home of a loved one is really hard.
GailyGail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:51 PM   #12
Junior LCF Member

Hi Gail,

Thanks so much. I am determined to not let this send me back on a downward spiral when it comes to eating. I really feel focused for the first time in a long time.
Old 02-13-2013, 06:38 AM   #13
Junior LCF Member

It's "Wonderful Wednesday"

Had Tilapia for dinner yesterday. I could not change it on the message above.

L-Salad w/Grilled Chicken/Veggies/Ranch Dressing, Seltzer Water
D-Tilapia, Broccoli, Glass of Cabernet, Water
Old 02-13-2013, 06:40 AM   #14
Junior LCF Member

I noticed now that my puffy look is leaving. I am so glad!!! No more water retention of the legs and ankles. I look so much better. I can't wait to see the difference this June and July.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:48 AM   #15
Junior LCF Member

Wow it has been a tough week. Went to VA and bagged stuff for trash and boxed items to take home. It's a lot of work cleaning out a house of deceased family members. I did good because I packed a lunch for hubby and me and we did not eat till the afternoon. I made him sandwhiches and myself deli turley rolled around provolone cheese and just packed bottled water to drink. There was so much stuff to go through. It was That Time of the Month so no weight loss this week but I feel good that I stayed on course with my eating/water intake. I am finding it easier to watch the people around me eat their sweets, etc. an not want any. We will be heading back to VA this weekend for the moving truck to load the big items and bring them back to us.

Where am I going to put all this furniture....... Yikes!!!
Old 03-15-2013, 08:15 AM   #16
Junior LCF Member

Okay, I am now back on track this week with my eating. I had a moment of relapse but ate right on the mark this week. Man, life has a way of throwing thing at you. Glad we made it through.

Now on the up beat side! I now have a house full of antiques. It really has brought some worth to the place having some things from the past. I now have gone from the traditional to the eclectic! How fun it is?

I have a college invasion this Saturday with my daughters college friends coming down to hang over Sat/Sun. It should be fun, around 13 college kids. They do this every so often and call it an invasion at so-and-sos house. We have all kinds of board games, electronic games, pool table, fooz ball table so they really have a great time. I am ordering pizza for them and I have a great recipe for me to make my low carb version using cauliflower for the crust. Can't wait to try it.