Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Weight Loss Journals (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/weight-loss-journals/)
-   -   Mims' healthy happy journal (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/weight-loss-journals/795762-mims-healthy-happy-journal.html)

Mimosa23 01-29-2013 11:53 PM

Mims' healthy happy journal

So, I guess starting a new journal will be the start of me documenting all that's to do with my weight, health and the journey I am taking to achieve it all.

Not sure anybody will read this, I am not very interesting, and will probably ramble on about all things that pop into my head at the moment I'm writing, LOL!

As this is my first post, I will just mention what I am doing and how I am feeling and use this as the thread throughout my journal. I am not guaranteeing daily posts, because some days I'm sure I won't have much to say anyway!

So, I am eating LCHF/Atkins Induction and am doing some sort of IF as well: I try to eat when I'm hungry, and not eat when not. Usually that works out to be two meals a day, no snacks.
Some days I'll eat much less, and some days I'll eat a lot. I am finding that thanks to doing JUDDD for a while last year that I am pretty much in tune with my real hunger.

I need to lose more than 50lbs, and I want it to work this time. I am not worried if it will take me 5 years to get to goal. I am doing this for my health and wellbeing and finally seeing this journey as such.

I am always interested in alternative therapies, and willing to give most things a go, if they are beneficial in any way.

Recently, I started Oil Pulling. No problem, I've done it in the past, so I can manage the full 20 minutes. I am having a healing crisis at the moment: terrible eczema on my face and intermittent headaches as well. Today is one of those days. Very annoying.

I am taking the following supplements to improve my health:

Flaxseed (1-2 Tablespoons over my main meal)
Omega 3 fish oil, 2 capsules daily with main meal
Coconut oil, I drink it in my morning BPC and I cook with it
Iodine tablets, one daily to support thyroid function whilst losing weight (thyroid function may reduce during weightloss, hence)
D3, I work in an office, and don't see much sun, and here in the north I don't get enough. Winter: 10000 iu daily, summer: 5000 iu every other day.
Multivitamin daily
vit C daily
CoQ10 daily to support heart and gum health
Magnesium, 400mg daily at night before bed

I think I have issues with Candida, as I have athlete's foot on and off and several other issues associated with candida overgrowth. Some of the healing crisis issues I'm having could also be related to candida die-off. I may have to start taking probiotics, but I want to see if eating the right foods will sort this out, instead of taking another pill. (saurkraut, ACV and natural yogurt)

I am considering taking diatomaceous earth once I run out of CoQ10 and Iodine, to see how my candida issues and skin will improve and to see if it adds to anything health wise. Will report on this when the time comes.

So far, my weightloss has been good, almost 15lbs (see stats and start date). I do lose in fits and starts and since my last weigh in, I've not lost another ounce. We'll see... I'm only going to weigh once a week from now on.

My menu today is:

B: 1 BPC made with kerrygold butter and EVCO
L: cup of chicken broth, homemade and some chicken with cucumber and avovado. Sprinkled with flaxseeds and some EVOO and herbamare (seasalt with kelp and herbs)
D: Salmon fillets, steamed with broccoli with browned butter. Handful of pork scratchings as 'dessert'.

Mimosa23 03-06-2013 02:57 AM

So I post a whole big starting post for my journal, and then forget all about it!

Amazing.

Well, I am still plodding along, I've lost and gained the same couple of pounds for the last two weeks. Am ready to do a bit more to get things going!

Started doing the T-tapp basic workout every morning and am now doing some rebounding in the evening too. Hopefully next to going for my usual 45minute to 1 hour walk with the dog every day it will shock my system into doing something!

My menu today is:

B: BPC, 2 eggs HB, 2TB mayo
L: 1 cup mixed leaf salad, 3 cherry tomatoes, 1/2 avocado, 3 oz tuna in olive oil, 1TB mayo, 1 oz feta cheese.
D: 3 eggs, scrambled, 4 rashers thin crispy bacon, 1 oz feta cheese, 1/2 cup spinach.

Mimosa23 03-07-2013 02:51 AM

Well, last night I ended up having homemade rotisserie chicken instead of scrambled eggs. For the rest, I managed to do what I intended, and ended the day on a high note, as I had finished the exercise I had planned.

This morning I did my T-Tapp, and now I'm at work, trying to get up and move around more than usual. This sitting around is definitely not good!

My menu today is:

B: coffee, no BP! 2 Eggs, HB, 1TB mayo
L: leftover roast chicken (6oz), mixed leaf salad, 1/2 small avocado, 1TB mayo, 1 TB olive oil, 1 oz feta and a TB of flaxseeds
D: 3 eggs, scrambled, cooked in 1TB of coconut oil, a handful of spinach, 4 rashers of thin crispy bacon, 1 oz feta

1576 cals; 19 carbs; 123 fat; 105 protein

I am lowering my cals a bit, as I feel that this weight fluctuation but no actual loss is also because I eat too many calories. I think that over the years they are becoming a little more important for me. I'm hoping the extra exercise is also helping me firm up and lose some more inches. They've stalled as well!

I've got a business trip coming up next week, (Monday evening till Thursday evening) and will have to worry about lunch on Tuesday, as a chili con carne dish is ordered or a lasagne, neither of which I can eat due to sugar/carbs/starches/wheat. I will try and have a larger than usual breakfast and then just ride it out till dinner. Will bring some macadamia nuts, babybel cheese and pepperami salami in my bag with me should I really get too hungry. I doubt it though, I can usually manage skipping a meal without going completely insane! We'll see... The other breakfasts, lunches and dinners are in restaurants/hotel, so I can order what I want, which is good.

Going for a walk at lunchtime for half an hour with a colleague, which should also help me move more during the day. Will try and incorporate this as much as possible.

The weather predictions starting this weekend look awful. We're getting another cold snap, and the temperatures could go down to minus 20 degrees celsius by Tuesday! I so hope they are wrong!!!! And more snow is on the way too! I was just getting used to the nice balmy springtime temperatures we were having this week...

Mimosa23 04-11-2013 12:30 AM

Hi! Been a long time not updating!

Nothing much to report, not even weightloss.

I am now incorporating more nutritious fermented foods to help me get healthy inside, so this weight will come off. I am struggling with candida still, and I feel I haven't gotten rid of it at all. Some symptoms are better, but I don't think the underlying problem is solved.

Did my T-tapp this morning, and will go for a walk at lunchtime too. Depending on how long my day is at work, I may do half an hour this evening of body weight training.

Going to Holland on Saturday, and Sunday is predicted to be a lovely day, so I am looking forward to finally being able to do some work in our garden! It's way overdue!