Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Weight Loss Journals (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/weight-loss-journals/)
-   -   The Stand. (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/weight-loss-journals/795342-stand.html)

Dolores Claiborne 01-25-2013 03:36 AM

The Stand.

I have to make one last stand against junk food and emotional overeating. Iíve been trying on and off for years to lose weight and not use food as a solace, as the answer to every question. I keep making promises to myself and then breaking them.

Iím reaching out in the hope that by making myself more accountable and writing everything down I will be able to stick to a plan that will make me healthier and lighter.

Yesterday was a wipeout after a good start. (An all too familiar pattern with me) The list of junk food I ate was so long I would be here for hours typing it out - that is if I could even remember it. Everything got away from me - again- and I canít even remember why.

The amount of wasted TIME.
Years. Years and years and years I have put into plotting, thinking, scheming and dreaming of ways of losing weight and giving up bingeing.

Iím really tired of it. I donít want to be preoccupied by it any more...and itís not just because of the fat on the outside...itís the soul sucking, life devouring, mind killing, boring, fat on the inside of my head that has to go. (Man, It felt good to get that out of my system :laugh:)

So I thought I would make a commitment to post in here every day...even if itís just to say ďAaaaaargh!Ē

I know life will get in the way. I know that Iíll crash and burn at some point but this is what Iíll try to do...

1 - I will exercise for an hour every day. (Because it is good for my mind as much as my body) I wonít want to and Iíll try to talk myself out of it but I will do it.

2 - I will have an eating window of 4 hours a day, usually between 5pm and 9pm. Outwith that Iíll try to stick to very low cal drinks.

3 - Will weigh on the 1st of every month.

4 - Will post in here every day.

Such a simple plan. How could it possibly fail? :laugh:

Dolores Claiborne 01-25-2013 06:58 AM

Did my 1 hour exercise. It's icy here so did the Leslie Sansone 5 mile walk with an alternative soundtrack on my ipod.
I did all my moves :cool:
It was great cos no one could see them...

shelby'snana 01-25-2013 07:04 AM

good luck ! you can do this !

Dolores Claiborne 01-25-2013 07:14 AM

Thanks Shelby'snana.

Dolores Claiborne 01-26-2013 03:58 AM

Day 1
Total calories 1320
Walk 1hr

Not too bad yesterday. Stuck to my 5 - 9 eating window.
Had some big juicy prawns with a little curry sauce for dinner (no rice)
along with a few glasses of Champagne that I had been given as a present. *ahem*
Well...It was Friday...

Phranquie 01-26-2013 01:18 PM

Delores, I like the Stephen King references with your name and blog title. Prawns in a curry sauce sound great. (I'll ignore the champagne, but I hope it was good!)

The best thing I do for myself to stick to my plan is to be prepared with plenty of LC food in the house. This keeps me from foraging through carby foods. I try to have several items that are quick and easy to eat without much cooking so that if I have a busy day I can grab it and eat. Crockpot meals work great as do casseroles for several servings for me and my BF (even when he was not eating a LC plan he would eat these). There are tons of great recipe sites including the recipe room and help on this site. Eat the foods you love and you won't turn as easily to those carbs.

For your exercise,,,remember the saying "dance like nobody is watching" and you'll enjoy yourself fully.

Dolores Claiborne 01-26-2013 02:29 PM

Hi Phranquie. Thanks for the words of encouragment. Mr King has a lot to answer for.:laugh:
It's funny you should mention "dance as though no one is watching you"because I was thinking exactly that today as I was doing another 5 Mile Walk at home and leaping about like a salmon (a chubby one)
I was also thinking "sing as though no one is listening" as I sang along with my ipod murdering River Deep Mountain High...

PS The champers was very very good :)

Patkid 01-26-2013 04:46 PM

Hi, Dolores,
Thank you so much for posting on my jrnl.
Sometimes kindness is just what I need.
I don't know why I don't get the "I am in ketosis, so I am not hungry' benefit.
I can overeat ANYTHING.
Sometimes I think I am just a bottomless pit.
I feel less hopeless when I know someone read my stuff and cared enough to comment.
thank you and I loved your first post. In fact I think I wrote it at sometime in my life.
Hugs

Dolores Claiborne 01-27-2013 12:42 PM

Jan 26th
Day2

Walk 1hr

Calories 1482

:up:

Dolores Claiborne 01-27-2013 12:46 PM

Jan 27th
Day 3

Walk 1hr
Calories 1175

Still clinging to the wreckage.:)

Thanks for the replies. I really appreciate them.

Dolores Claiborne 01-28-2013 05:11 AM

28th Jan
Day 4

Moody storm clouds gathering on the horizon but havenít cracked yet. Itís 1pm here. Just about to do my 1hr Walk At Home.
4hrs till my eating window opens at 5pm. Might take some broccoli and stilton soup out of the freezer then.:yummy:
Some days it just feels like youíre walking uphill, rather than with the wind at your back, if you know what I mean.
Have a good one.

Dolores Claiborne 01-29-2013 03:09 PM

Day 4 28th Jan. Walk 1hr Calories 1485

Managed to stay on plan.
Was a bit of a struggle but such is life. On we go...

Day 5 29th Jan. Walk 1hr Calories 1046

Walked outside today. In the teeth of a howling gale with the rain lashing down. Quite enjoyed it, in a masochistic kind of way.:) Felt alive and buzzing.
Stuck to my 5-9pm eating window.
I have to be careful to have something sensible planned and ready to eat at 5pm otherwise I'll just grab anything that isn't moving and wolf it down.

Phranquie 01-29-2013 06:54 PM

Delores, you are doing great. It is hard at the beginning to stay on plan. After a few more weeks it should get easier. Also your body and mind will get used to your IF eating window. Also when you really start feeling a difference in your body and seeing it on the scale it will motivate you to stay on plan faithfully.

Dolores Claiborne 01-31-2013 02:50 AM

Jan 30th Day 6 Walk 1hr Calories 2000

Lets just call it an ďUpĒ day and draw a veil over it :laugh:
I did my 1hr walk so the day wasnít a dead loss and my calories were pretty low for the day before.
Will start my IF this morning as usual.
I work at home so I try to exercise before I start otherwise I know from experience that I wonít be able to break off later and force myself to do it.
My monthly weigh in is tomorrow on the 1st of the month.
Iíd take even a pound. Itís all good.

Youíre right about the importance of forming good habits Phranquie.

Iím hoping that the grass will start to grow over the well worn path in my brain that leads straight from stress to sugar and that a new, calmer landscape will start to emerge...
(That all got a bit Pollyannaish there, all it needed was a host of daffodils thrown in :))

Phranquie 01-31-2013 08:43 PM

Good luck on your weigh in tomorrow. Learning how to deal with stress is some of the best work you can do for yourself. If you are not reaching for carby foods to deal with stress then you'll be more apt to stay on plan and be able to lose well. Keep up the good work.

Dolores Claiborne 02-01-2013 01:22 AM

31/1 Day 7 Walk 1hr Calories 1421

Feb 1st Day 8
Monthly Weigh In 161lbs.

Lost 3lbs. Happy with that.
Hi Phranquie. Thanks for dropping by.

Dolores Claiborne 02-01-2013 09:52 AM

Completed 1 hr walk. I had a bad leg break just over a year ago and walking is a bit painful still. Feel a bit like The Little Mermaid sometimes, every step comes at a price. It's worth it though. I had to have surgery and spent many weeks unable to walk at all. So I'm happy to be out there again and just glad the injury wasn't any worse.
It's another good reason for getting some of this extra weight off of my poor old knees!

Dolores Claiborne 02-03-2013 02:46 AM

Feb 1st Day8 Walk 1hr Calories 1385

Feb 2nd Day 9 Rest day Calories 1900

Back in the saddle this morning. (Sheepish grin)

Dolores Claiborne 02-03-2013 03:15 PM

Feb 3rd Day 10 Walk 1hr Calories 852

Phranquie 02-04-2013 11:26 AM

You look like you are doing really great with your walking. Your whole body will thank you for getting some weight off of it. I tried picking up a 45 lb suitcase and going up a few steps and I could barely make it without groaning.

LovesDivine 02-04-2013 07:40 PM

Hi Dolores and thank you for your support in my journal. I love Stephen King...

I found out at the end of the year while looking over accepted expenses that a YMCA membership was covered under my med FSA if I got a doctors prescription. I know mine will write one so I am thinking about asking her. My FSA is like a free $800 a year because I don't use my school insurance, I am covered under my husbands policy so I may as well take advantage considering I "gave back" like $600 this year! Thanks for the inspiration!! And I will be rooting for you.

Dolores Claiborne 02-05-2013 03:40 PM

Feb 4th Day 11 Walk 40 mins Calories 1324

Feb 5th Day 12 Walk 1hr Calories 1540

Thanks for the messages gals. 'Tis appreciated. Hope things are going well.

Blonde with a Rose 02-05-2013 03:49 PM

Of course the Stephen King references drew me in. Glad I stopped by. Keep up the excellent work, you deserve it. :hugs:

Dolores Claiborne 02-06-2013 02:50 PM

Feb 6th Day13 Walk 1hr Calories 1281

Hi Blonde With A Rose.
Love the name. I grow a lot of roses in my garden. I'm very fond of them, especially the blowsy old fashioned kind. Summer seemed a long way off today though. A real icy wind blowing when I was out walking but the sun was shining in a brilliant blue sky, which was kind of nice.

Blonde with a Rose 02-06-2013 03:08 PM

The name comes from a painting by Renoir called "Blond a la rose". I just go by Blonde. I love roses too!

Dolores Claiborne 02-08-2013 04:34 PM

Feb 7th Day 14 Walk 1hr Calories 1700 (Bad Day At Black Rock):cry:

Feb 8th Day 15 Walk 1hr Calories 1221.

Dolores Claiborne 02-10-2013 04:16 AM

Feb 9th Day 16 Rest Day Calories 1477

Dolores Claiborne 02-11-2013 03:38 AM

Feb 10th Day 17 Walk 1hr Calories 1215 :)

Phranquie 02-11-2013 06:09 PM

Delores, what is Black Rock and why was it a bad day? Looks like you are being really consistent with your walking.

Dolores Claiborne 02-12-2013 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phranquie (Post 16253900)
Delores, what is Black Rock and why was it a bad day?

"Bad Day At Black Rock.":laugh:
Itís a kind of family joke I suppose Phranquie.
The original ďBad Day At Black RockĒ is a fifties movie starring Spencer Tracy.
Weíve kind of adopted it as a not too serious way of saying that everything that could go wrong with your day HAS gone wrong.

Hope everything is well with you.