Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2013, 11:17 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hot-in-texas
Sheryl's(hot-in-texas) journal

So, I finally figured out how to write a journal.
Started JUDDD 10 days ago(1/11/13)and have lost about 4-5 pounds so far. Before that I did Atkins for 2 weeks and lost 10. This is the longesti have ever dieted except when I was in my early 20s and losing baby weight.
OK, here goes...I like JUDDD because I feel it is healthy for me, however the DDs are still(after 10 whole days) really hard for me. I stay within my calories, but then can't sleep at night.
Tonight I am looking up calories and nutrition in foods. These are the foods I want to start eating on my DDs:
Dark chocolate
Apricots
Oranges
Almonds
Flax seeds
Blueberries
Raspberries
Spinach
Salmon or tuna
Carrots or sweet potato
I will add the calories for these items later.

Today on my DD I ate
Sauteed bacon and cabbage
Brown rice
Nature valley granola bars
CS hot tea
Not feeling well, wish I could sleep

Last edited by hot-in-texas; 01-21-2013 at 11:45 PM..
hot-in-texas is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2013, 06:07 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Did NOT sleep well, got about 3 hours asleep after my 370 calorie DownDay. Weight:175.2
Weight loss after my 370 calorie day: .4 lb.
It is my TOM, so that could be affecting things. My weight will most likely go up today after my 1800 calorie UpDay today. I really do not like weighing myself everyday, it makes me a little obsessive. But I am going to continue weighing myself for awhile, until I see significant weight loss, I will know what that is when I see it.
Going through a little stress today as i have zero grocery money and don't get paid for another 9 days. I am going to have to figure something out. We seriously have no milk, or meat in the house. Well I do have breakfast sausage and bacon. We also have about 8 bottled waters, and some canned veggies, left over brown rice(1 serving), 2 cans of tomato soup, 4 eggs, a bag of rice, some rice crispies(no milk) and 2 nature valley granola bars. The water will only last us through today. I have a curtain rod that I am going to bring back to Walmart.
My son will have to wait until next week to get his hair cut.
Forgot, we have a frozen peach pie, cool whip and several servings of frozen single serving home made chili that I made last week. And 2 8 oz packages of cheddar cheese.So I need to get milk, crackers, and maybe a home style bake, frozen chicken, waters and hamburger at the store. And maybe a chef boyardee pizza kit and some mozzerella cuz I also have some pepperonis. Doing a little better than I thought. But the healthy grocery list above may have to wait.

Last edited by hot-in-texas; 01-22-2013 at 06:53 AM..
Old 01-22-2013, 08:35 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Brought the curtain rod back to Walmart and cashed in my change, so I have $58 for groceries, plus what we already have, I think we are going to make it. Not going to worry about that anymore. Called the child support office and was told my ex is $18,000 in arrears. They are going to send him a demand letter.
I did get a $200 raise beginnining this month from my sweet boss, so once I catch up from the damage I did at Christmas, we will be fine
My jeans are feeling nice and comfortable.m I've lost 15 lbs in 5 weeks but haven't changed sizes yet, I guess my clothes were getting kinda tight there for awhile
Old 01-22-2013, 11:06 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

One thing I really miss is doing fun things and joining in in the summer, because I haven't worn shorts, let alone any type of bathing suit in years. But I am changing that this year-i only have about 4 months before warm weather gets here so I better start making some goals. I think I will need to lose about 35-40 pounds before I will be comfortable, AND I will need to do some serious toning first!
First weight loss goal-lose 15 pounds by March 1st, that is only 5 1/2 weeks from now. It is doable, but it will be almost 3 pounds a week, so I will need to lower my DownDay calories to 200 and add in some exercise.
Short term Goal 1: eat 200 calories on DDs
Short term Goal 2 : start 30 day shred and do it daily:-)

I will start 30 day shred tonight. Am I going to do it in the living room in front of everyone? I guess I have no choice.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:13 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Had an UpDay in which I went over by 100 calories, which I guess isn't that bad, considering in the past I would have gone over by a lot more. I had deep fried food, ( wontons to be exact )which is going to have to be a no-no for me since it wakes up the hunger monster really really really bad.
Tomorrow I will eat almonds, berries, spinach and dark chocolate. sounds good. :-)
Old 01-23-2013, 05:28 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Back to work today after 4 days off. It is my TOM and I have cramps. My plan for today is skip breakfast, and have a mid morning snack of carrots, come home to a spinach salad at lunch, with a small bit of chicken for protein. Then I will have an orange at work. Then tonight I will eat berries, dark chocolate and almonds.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:30 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Wee, I didn't' keep my calories down to 200 and I didn't do the 30,day shred. So much for that. I want to start the 30 day, I don't know why I just don't do it. I've got the mat and weight and everything. First I have to find where I put it. I did go on a walk today during my 15 minute break at work. My feet got blisters from my shoes and my feet still hurt. Maybe in will go for a walk on all my breaks from now on. :-) I will need to bring some different shoes to work. Don't forget.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:07 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

OK this is ridiculous, I can't fall asleep again. I just feel hungry.
My son started doing the JUDDD diet with me. He had his 2nd down day today. He is doing pretty good.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:02 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

my feet are killing me from yesterdays walk in high heels. I have a blister on the top of my "ring" toe of my right foot and had to take my shoes off, I am walking around work in socks. I guess putting on tennis shoes and going on walks today is out of the question, bummer.
Old 01-24-2013, 05:54 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Went about 600-700 calories over on my UD today. UUAD
Old 01-26-2013, 11:29 PM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Decided to challenge myself to wear a dress on April 5th, I have almost 3 months. Thatbhappens to be national take a chance day. I found the 30 day shred DVD, I hope to start it tomorrow.
I have lost 20 pounds so far since I started dieting, and today when I went grocery shopping, I felt that people looked me in the eye, I didn't feel invisible. It was a good feeling :-) .
Old 01-27-2013, 03:07 AM   #12
Junior LCF Member

Stats: 182/175/126 5'1"
WOE: Jumping around like a flea on a dog.
Start Date: March 2011
You're doing great there. Keep up the good work.
Dolores Claiborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:31 PM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you!
Old 01-30-2013, 09:38 PM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Think I may be coming down with the flu.
I can't believe I haven't binged or done any mindless eating for a month and a half! There have been a few times that I ate more than I should have, and I can count those times on my hand. 3 times. I only ate probably under 100 calories extra 2 of those times, and the other time was more because I had a second helping of something that I really didn't need. I am going to be like this for the rest of my life. Eating moderately, :-) NOT overeat. And eat only things I love!