LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2013, 08:21 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: 2f2f
Stats: 256.5/235.5/170
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 01/02/2013
2F2F - Weight Loss Journal

1/8/2013 - I am starting this journal to track my progress over the course of 2013. I began back to low carb on January 3, 2013 at 256.5 - Not my highest which was in 2003 around 275-280. Currently I am down to 249.5 and have joined several challenges and try to post on them daily to keep me motivated. I am naming 2013 as the year for me. My daughter is 18 and graduating so there are no excuses about having a kid to raise and taking up all of my time. I am going to focus on me. What prompted this? Well - I will post a picture that my niece took at Christmas - it is horrible and a great motivator - I really didn't think I looked that bad!

I started Jillian Michael's 30 day shred on 1/7/13 and I did it again today - go me. I am very sore and it is extremely hard to make it through the video without stopping. I have also decided to add in some cardio in the evenings. I did a turbo jam video yesterday (cardio party) which was a lot of fun. I did have to stop some but hopefully not for long. I am going to a Zumba class tonight with some friends of mine - hopefully I can keep up.

I plan on taking my measurements tonight when I get home to better track my progress. I wish I would have done it on 1/3/13 when I started but I'm positive that my body hasn't changed that much in 6 days!

Right now I am feeling good and motivated. Will report back tomorrow!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2013, 10:40 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/170/130
Start Date: January 2, 2012
Monica, welcome to the LCF journal boards! Good luck with your plan. It sounds like you are definitely on the right track. Where did you get Turbo Jam Cardio Party?
GailyGail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:40 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

I bought the Turbo Jam DVD about 5 years ago but never actually used it until Tuesday - very sad to admit - but it's not the first time I have done that - I probably have 4 different exercise videos with the wrapper on. I'm always motivated when I buy them (usually from Amazon) but am unmotivated by the time they arrive

The Turbo Jam has 5 workouts on 2 DVD's - there is even a quick 20 minute workout for when time is short. The music is awesome (old school) and the instructor really makes it fun. I plan on trying to squeeze in a 20 minute workout before my softball game tonight. I really felt my abs after the Cardio Party (40 minutes). Of course with the 30 day shred - I'm just in a constant state of soreness.
2f2f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:00 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

1/9/13

I'm exhausted today. I just finished my 3rd day of the 30 day shred. I did take my measurements but left them at home. I will remember and add them tomorrow - they are not good! How can my neck be the same size as my upper arms? I really hope this DVD works. I can't wait to see if there are any changes at the end of the 30 days. I know my cardio should be better, but I really hope that I have some shrinkage all over my body!

I do still feel motivated today, but really sore and tired. Waking up at 4:40 is hard. I will report that I am sleeping through the night - which never happens! Normally I wake up 4 or more a night then have difficulty falling back asleep.

Well I have a softball play off game tonight at 6:30 and will try and get in 20 minutes of turbo jam before I go.

Happy Humpday!
Old 01-10-2013, 06:33 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

1/10/13

Well, I just remember that I left my measurements at home - darn it! I will try and remember them tomorrow.

Bad news - I pulled my lower back playing softball last night so no 30 day shred for me - which is a bummer. Plus, I went out last night to meet my new Sunday softball team and and 4 cocktails (rum and diet coke) - I feel horrible today and am actually craving carbs - I can't do that again - I hate feeling like this.

I am going to do a walk away the pounds video tonight because I still want to exercise and I can still walk. So that is the plan. I'm going to head on over to Linda Sue's this afternoon and try and find a great receipe for my chicken breast tonight - why have just plain old chicken breast when you can have something fabulous!

I am glad to say that with the exception of some alcohol - I have been eating totally on plan. Me and my boyfriend are planning a celebration vacation for April of 2014 - to show off our new hot bodies! I need to remember that to help with my motivation.

Well - I weighed in today at 248 which is pretty good from my starting weight of 256.5 - 8.5 pounds in a week and a day - I have a weigh in tomorrow with the Honey Badgers so I'm sure I will be up some poundage - isn't that the way it always works - lol.

I need to remember to stay focused - I keep forgetting I'm in a weight loss challenge and could actually win some MONEY!

Oh, I bought a groupon for a pedicure and a manicure and a living social deal for a hair cut, deep conditioning and style. I will use them to treat myself for staying on plan at the end January - maybe even after the weigh in for my monthly weightloss challenge with my C3F2 group.

Speaking of C3F2 - I think I'm going to start walking with them in the evenings on Monday and Wednesday - they do a 5 mile walk and eventhough it is far to drive it would be nice to just hang out with them.

Oh, and I have bunco this Sunday - It is an Italian Food themed Bunco - so I am bringing a Sausage and Spinach Casserole - totally low carb and super yummy. A lady is making stuffed pasta shells with a sauce - going to have to stay away from that and all of the desserts. Some ladies are suppose to bring salad - hopefully someone will bring a traditional salad - so I can eat that.

Well - I guess that is all for now. Good luck today self. Stay strong. You can do this!
Old 01-11-2013, 07:39 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

1/11/13

Happy Friday, well I am at 248.5 today - I blame the 4 beers I had last night - why do I do that - just say NO! I'm still eating to plan so that is good. I have decided to do a callanetics challege so I have my workout plan ready to go:

Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday:
AM - Jillian Michaels - 30 day shred (it's only a 20 min. workout)
PM - Callanetics (1 hour)

Monday, Wednesday:
AM - 20 Minute Turbo Jam (cardio)
PM - Either 45 minute Turbo Jam Cardio Party or Walking with C3F2

Friday:
AM - 20 Minute Turbo Jam (cardio)

I think that this plan is very doable. I know that I will not exercise on Friday nights, and I usually do something on Saturdays with my BF - so I'm not even going to try and fool myself. We (me and by BF) do like to bike or walk so I still should do a little something on Saturdays - but that will just be a bonus.

As for my Measurements:
Upper Arm: 16
Neck - 17
Chest - 49 1/2
Under Chest/bust - 45
Stomach - 50
Hips - 50
Thighs - 27
Calves - 17 1/2

I have decided to take some very unflattering photos of me this weekend to see my body changes from callanetics.

Well good bye self and have a great successful weekend
Old 01-13-2013, 02:53 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

1/13/13

Happy Sunday! Way to stay on food plan this weekend. I weighed today at 245, I can't believe it. I hit my January goal by mid-month.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:23 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Wow, I haven't written in a while. I had a really bad weekend - ate on plan Friday and Saturday but drank way to much beer. Then Sunday, I drank beer again then had two onion rings, two bites of pancakes and 4 chocolate squares. I'm sure its the beer getting me off of food plan.

Well I did manage to cook all day yesterday (Sunday) so I am prepared with food for the week.

Last weigh in was on Friday January 25 and I was at 244 - that is 12.5 pounds since I started the diet. Not too bad. I want to be down to 235 by the end of February, that is my goal anyway. I have the C3F2 weigh in this weekend - maybe I can win - who knows.

Well my back finally quit hurting so I'm going to try and exercise tonight. I should probably start with walk away the pounds but I'm going to do 20 minute cardio party to see how that goes. More fun.

I need to take my new dress out of my closet and hang it where I can see it for motivation - I can't wait to wear it this summer.

I need to remember to take this one day at a time and to not get discouraged. I want to be the one on here posting my before and after pictures. And sharing my successes! Why do I continue to try and sabatoge myself. I must stay focused.

Well, good luck self. If nothing else, I will be back on Thursday (1/31/13) to post my measurements. The thing is, is that I still feel exactly the same, so I probably haven't lost any inches - plus it doesn't help that I haven't exercised.

Callnetics - here I come!
Old 02-05-2013, 11:05 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

2/5/13

I would say overall my eating and Super Bowl weekend was a success! I am down to 240 today which is 1 pound less than Friday. I really really need to start exercising. I wish I wasn't so lazy. I think I will try 20 minute nightly turbo jam (starting tonight) but will do Monday-Thursday to see how that goes - for the rest of February - that is only 15 days - surely even I can do that!

I won the C3F2 January weight loss challenge with 15 pounds lost. Two girls lost 12.5 and they have been losing so they will be tough to beat next month. It's still fun, eventhough I forget about the challenge often and drink beer - I really need to quit drinking beer - but it's just so yummy!

I still haven't measured myself, maybe I will just do it at the end of February since I haven't started exercising.

Happy to be 16.5 pounds down since 1/2/13. I joined a 5 pounds at a time challenge and will now try and weigh M,W,F and just use my Monday weight for my Tuesday weighin on the February challenge eek.

Well, I am very proud of you for eating on plan eventhough I know it is really tough sometimes. Just try and stay focused and remember the big picture. I know saying this one thing this one time won't hurt but it makes the end goal get delayed. If I could lose 15 pounds a month (which is not likely) - that would mean that I could be at my goal by May! Keep focused to myself!
Old 02-05-2013, 12:15 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/170/130
Start Date: January 2, 2012
Congratulations! You are really losing weight at a great pace. Good for you.
GailyGail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:49 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Gail!

Down to 238.5 today! Yippee!
Old 02-12-2013, 06:57 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Why, oh why, oh why

Must you continue to sabotage your weightloss efforts. Don't you remember how great losing weight feels! Up 3.5 pounds in 4 days is a lot!

I am glad you have recommitted. You have 16 days to meet your February weightloss goal of 235. So get your head out of your arse and get busy.

I am glad to report that Softball started on Sunday so that kind of made me want to start exercising regularly - I know, I know - you have written on here a bunch that you were starting - but have you? No you haven't. Well I did play softball on Sunday and went for a walk yesterday (around 50 minutes) so that is a start. I'm going to do my calnetics video tonight and then I have softball tomorrow. I'm also going to go to the gym with my co-worker tomorrow at lunch and I will walk on the treadmill. She has had prior comittments this week so hasn't went to the gym - so when she goes - I'm going to go! So, here are my exercise plans for the rest of this week:

Tuesday: Callnetics
Wednesday: 40 minutes on the treadmill, double header softball game
Thursday: 40 minutes on the treadmill, Callnetics
Friday: Softball game
Saturday: My BF really wants to play racquetball so we are going to give it a try.
Sunday: Hike with my niece, Callnetics (hopefully - no - YES!), Softball game

The hardest part for me will be Sunday - my team always goes out for beers after the game and I love to go. It's at a Mexican bar - so I must eat before I go! I am really going to watch my carbs on Sunday and will order a water and really try to keep the beer to 1 or 2 (I really like beer).

Sounds like a real exercise plan. Glad to be off of work on Monday so I can do some major cooking to get ready for the week.

Oh, and I get a hair cut on Saturday - YIPPEE!

Okay self, well good bye for now! Remember to stay on plan you have to lose 7 pounds in 16 days!
Old 02-14-2013, 12:36 PM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

2/14/13

Happy Valentine's Day!

Well I can report - still no weight loss. I am blaming it on the exercise. I asked around a few people said when you first start exercising your muscles hold on to water - so that couple with TOM approaching - I'm saying that's why I'm not losing.

My BF has us dinner reservations at 6:30 - so that means I get home from work at 4:40, do Callnetics: 4:45 -5:45, Hurry and get ready - leave the house to meet him at 6:10 - I'm going to have to really move it!

As far as exercise goes - here is what I have done this week:

S: Softball
M: 50 min walk
T: Callnetics
W: 40 min treadmill, double header softball game (my body is exhausted)
Th: 38 min treadmill (done), and my plan is callnetics tonight (have too! have you seen those before and after photos!)
F Plans: 40 min treadmill, softball game
Sat Plans: raquetball
S plans: Callnetics and maybe a hike and a softball game

Here is how I am planning my regulary exercise routine:

Sunday: Callnetics (1 hour, home DVD), softball game
Monday: 40 min treadmill (lunch time), 20 minute turbo jam (home DVD)
Tuesday: 40 min treadmill (lunch time), Callnetics (1 hour, home DVD)
Wednesday: 40 min treadmill (lunch time), 20 min turbo jam (home DVD
Thursday: 40 min treadmill (lunch time), Callnetics (1 hour, home DVD), Volleyball (league starts 2/21)
Friday: 40 min treadmill (lunch time)
Saturday: Whatever me and my BF decide: Bikes, hiking, racquetball - nothing?

Wow, that really seems like a lot of exercise! Well - to me anyway! How do those people on biggest loser exercise so much!

Well I guess I better go!
Old 02-14-2013, 12:53 PM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: janetsbreeze
Stats: 197/186.6/130; 5'2"
Start Date: January 19, 2011
You are doing great so far!
janetsbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:37 AM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Over the long weekend...........

Well, I didn't exercise at all on Saturday. Brando went on a motorcycle ride so I decided to do nothing

Sunday I went hiking and played softball.

Yesterday, President's day, I cleaned house (mainly my room and bathroom) re-arranging, hanging up the new wall stuff I bought, putting on my new bedding. I cleaned all my drawers and closet and got rid of 6 bags of stuff! Feels good! Anyway, I cleaned from 7:00 am to 1:00 pm. I was exhausted and counted that as exercise!

TOM ended and I weighed this morning at 238. 3 pounds and 9 days left to reach my February goal. I really hope I make it. My co-worker doesn't know if she is going to the gym today so I may just be doing my callnetic's video when I get home.

Well, I guess that's all for now. Good luck self, you can do it!
Old 02-19-2013, 08:49 AM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That totally counts as exercise!
Old 02-20-2013, 06:20 AM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Good to know Janice! Thanks.

Yesterday I did 35 minutes on the treadmill, then my callnetics video in the evening. After that I went and shot pool for an hour - and today - up 2 pounds! I'm so lucky - NOT I knew better than to weigh, I wonder if it was more because I weighed after I did my 20 minute turbo jam at 4:45 this morning? Anyway, I have to quit weighing everyday and just keep to my Tuesday weigh ins. Of course since the month is over next Thursday I think I will just try and wait and weigh then.

So exercise today:
20 Minute Turbo Jam (done! - and it was fun!)
40 Minutes Treadmill

Nothing in the evening, I will be rushed for time. I need to cook, eat, pack my breakfast and lunch and then be ready for the ASU basketball game at 7:00. I would love to fit in another 20 Minute Turbo Jam, I wll have to see.

Menu Today:
B: 3 boiled eggs, 3 pieces of bacon
L: 8 hot wings
D: Baked Pork chops w/broccoli and cauliflower
S: Pepperoni

Well bye for now!
Old 02-21-2013, 06:52 AM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Well yesterday I did a 20 minute Turbo Jam video at 4:45 am, then I did 40 minutes on the bike at the gym (all the treadmills were taken). In the evening we went to an ASU basketball game - it was fun. Brando bought me a hot dog (I think it is because he wanted one and didn't want to cheat by himself) - so I ate it - I love hotdogs! They are my favorite food! Anyway I thought I would be out of ketosis this morning and I'm not so yippee. I didn't get home until 11:00 and not in bed until close to 12:00 - I really didn't think I would wake up and exercise this morning - but I did! So 20 minute Turbo Jam - CHECK!

Exercise plans for the rest of the day:
11:30 am - 40 minute walk on the treadmill
5:00 pm - 1 hour Callnetics Video
8:00 pm - Volleyball games (1st games of the season)

Menu today:
B: 2 boiled eggs, 4 pieces of bacon
L: Pork chop, 1 cup broccoli/cauliflower mix
D: Grilled chicken, 1 cup broccoli, 1/4 cup alfredo sauce
S: 1 boiled egg, 3 pieces of pepperoni (the big slices)

I've decided to wait until Thursday February 28 - to weigh and measure. The daily weighing is driving me insane. I really hope I hit my February goal of 235.

Well self, good luck today! YOU CAN DO IT
Old 02-21-2013, 09:13 AM   #19
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You can do it!
Old 02-21-2013, 11:56 AM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

So used a tracker today to calculate my food and exercise - here is a summary:

With the food I will consume all day:
Calories: 1026
Carbs: 16
Fat: 60
Protein: 106

Exercise Calories Burned – 717 for today 2/21/2013 (20 minute kickboxing, 43 minutes on the treadmill and 20 minutes of Volleyball - tonight). According to the tracker the 20 minute turbo jam video 361 calories for a person my size! I tried to put in Callnetics it’s not in there program and I don’t know how to calculate for that so I just left it off.

Not too bad.

I put in calories burned for cleaning house – I put in 240 minutes (I actually cleaned for 5 hours but was trying to be conservative) calories burned: 2171 – lol. - From Hiking: 1230
Old 03-07-2013, 08:11 AM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

Back from Vegas

Well, I'm back from Vegas and up to 241.5 (it was 244 when I weighed yesterday (8.5 pounds) but this morning I was at 241.5 - so I guess that was a 6 pound gain while in Vegas.

I actually had a learning experience when I got back from Vegas or while I was in Vegas...I thought why not enjoy yourself and get back on track as soon as you get home - this is a WOL not a diet, don't act like you will never have a beer or a hamburger again in your life, just don't make a habit of it - only on special occasions like Vacations or your birthday - then go right back to your normal WOE which is low carb.

So as soon as I got home, I started back - LC and exercising. I removed my monthly goals and will simply state where I am at the end of the month. If I am not lower than where I ended I know I'm doing something wrong. So here is to my newly found diet freedom.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:41 AM   #22
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good for you!
Old 03-08-2013, 08:57 AM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

Well I'm at 240 this morning, only 4.5 pounds away from my February total. I plan on doing some cooking this weekend and getting geared up for next week. I plan on adding some coconut oil to my coffee over the weekend to see how my body handles it. This should be interesting. Well yesterday I had 2 people ask me if I had lost weight - so that was nice eventhough it's only been 16.5 pounds total. I am still happy with that number and am looking forward to seeing the end of March to see where I am at. I plan on doing my Turbo 4:50 in the mornings during the week and in the mornings on the weekends, I love the video I really don't know why I'm so lazy. I bought a new dress this past weekend (way too small). I would love to be into it by summer - it really is a cute dress.

Well, great job ending the week. Stay focused on the weekend and you will be just fine! Remember: EXERCISE, EXERCISE, EXERCISE!
Old 03-11-2013, 08:41 AM   #24
Major LCF Poster!

Finally I am back to where I was February 28!

I weighed in this morning at 235.5 - so Yippee I did great with eating over the weekend and even survived a trip to the Aloha Festival and Dos Gringo's last night - I had their Surf & Turf salad which was AMAZING! I didn't "exercise" this weekend - but I did walk around the Aloha Festival on Saturday and then cleaned my house (rearraning all of the furniture) and weed eated yesterday - for about 6 hours. So I'm counting those as a workout!

Well, I added coconut oil to my coffee yesterday and today. Yesterday - no effect. Today - I have been to the restroom a couple of times, but I'm not sure if that is the coconut oil or the beers I had last night

Well I am very excited to see how the month ends. I'm going to California on March 23rd for passover - we will partake in traditional Jewish food and since it is a ceremony I will be off plan. Will try and stay on plan the rest of the time though. And will need to kick butt before then!
Old 03-18-2013, 01:35 PM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

I keep gaining and losing the same 5 pounds It's my own fault as I have been allowing myself little cheats here and there and I have been drinking beer and not exercising as much as a should. I have also decided to only weigh 1 time at the end of the month - that way I don't see the little ups and downs and will just hope for a 3 or more pound loss a month. I know that is not very much but it will be 3 pounds less than I was the month before. I know I will keep drinking beer when I go out with friends - even if I eat clean. It's fun and I enjoy doing it so if my weight loss slows down that is just a consiquence of my actions. I did notice muscles with just doing my turbo jam for a week - then I stopped. I have to get back on that - I don't know why I'm so lazy I really enjoy doing it. Well, guess I'll go - more in a few days!
Old 03-20-2013, 07:19 AM   #26
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You can do it
Old 04-05-2013, 07:34 AM   #27
Major LCF Poster!

Well it's been awhile

It's been awhile since I have posted but I still have been chugging along. I joined a What to Wear on April 5 challenge and when I first got the dress it was so tight I had to suck in to get the belt to even buckle and it hurt so bad, and today April 5 it actually fits - I'm on the 2nd hole of the belt. I'm so excited I could hardly believe it. Because I have had so many ups and downs I get discourage - and eventhough I have lost and gained the same pounds over and over - I have never gotten back up to my original 278 - which is a relief. I have lost 44 pounds over the years and even though it's been slow it's been in the right direction. So I'm posting these progress pictures to remind you to never give up!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Monica (2f2f) 1.jpg (15.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg My dress.jpg (34.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-05-2013, 01:00 PM   #28
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You look great!