Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Weight Loss Journals (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/weight-loss-journals/)
-   -   Deb's 2013 journal. New Year, New Start (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/weight-loss-journals/793934-debs-2013-journal-new-year-new-start.html)

Deb294evr 01-07-2013 01:19 PM

Deb's 2013 journal. New Year, New Start

So my old journal is too big again... my my.. I talk alot... :laugh: So starting this new one, and hope my buddies can find me! I will add more soon.

Deb294evr 01-07-2013 03:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is from Facebook, and it applies to me... I hope.. :D

I don't do a lot of things on FB, so I will share here.. hope it also applies to all of you!! :hugs:

Portia 01-07-2013 04:03 PM

I've just stumbled upon your journal! I would love to know your "story," so to speak. Just re-starting Atkins after a WW "detour" myself.

Deb294evr 01-07-2013 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Portia (Post 16179340)
I've just stumbled upon your journal! I would love to know your "story," so to speak. Just re-starting Atkins after a WW "detour" myself.

Well Hello Jes! If you have a minute or a thousand, I will bring my old journals in for a peek at my life since 2010... :hyst:

It has been quite a ride!! I need to finish in 2013!!! Thanks for stopping by and would love to hear your story also. :) I have been through ALL the diets, and Atkins is really going to be it for me... just slower, but acceptable when I can eat the things I love! Good luck to you!! :clap:

First journal:
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...xperiment.html

Second journal:
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...iment-2-a.html

Third journal:
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ment-goal.html

Fourth journal:
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-part-two.html

Portia 01-07-2013 04:25 PM

I gots some reading to do! I will post back with my "story," not that I have much of one...

FatFatnomore 01-07-2013 05:15 PM

Hi Deb! Subscribing to your new journal. I know this will be your year to make goal! And mine too! :D

Deb294evr 01-07-2013 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Portia (Post 16179425)
I gots some reading to do! I will post back with my "story," not that I have much of one...

I did read your journal, and your thoughts are much the same as mine. I have been reading Primal Blueprint and enjoy lots about it, but it is hard to lose weight without some boundaries I think. I do find myself eating more whole foods, and maybe combining with Atkins is the way I will go. :dunno:

Quote:

Originally Posted by FatFatnomore (Post 16179572)
Hi Deb! Subscribing to your new journal. I know this will be your year to make goal! And mine too! :D

I love it! FAT FAT NO MORE! .. that is right, this is the year! Thanks for coming in and pull up a chair! love having visitors!.. Anxious to hear your story also.. :D

Portia 01-07-2013 06:02 PM

I love your old journals - we have lots in common. Did you lose most of your weight with HCG?

Deb294evr 01-07-2013 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Portia (Post 16179689)
I love your old journals - we have lots in common. Did you lose most of your weight with HCG?

I lost a good chunk! on it.. then I couldn't stand it anymore... :laugh: I think after the first or second round, it is just too difficult to do FOR ME. so no more. Well I can't say never, but the difficulty in finding HCG from now on will hinder it... and I love FOOD.

I think I lost around 85 pounds or so on a few rounds, but I was a roguer and ate more than most did. Just burnt out on it though. I started gaining back when my Dad was sick and passed away last year around this time, and got back to 220. From there, I lost on Atkins/WW/JUDDD, you name it.. :D

Now I am stuck in the 180-190 range because I can't get myself in gear. I am going to be walking the beaches this weekend, so it BETTER give me some good excitement to get to goal... I know it will.

Atkins/Primal.. all the way.. I MUST. ;)

Portia 01-07-2013 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deb294evr (Post 16179702)
Atkins/Primal.. all the way.. I MUST. ;)

Same. Just got back from 2 weeks in Hawaii at 270 lbs. Don't be like me.

shari 01-08-2013 03:28 AM

Wow Deb, on journal number 5 LOL. Let's fill this one up and get to 6 :D
Miami soon, it's great to have a vacation to look forward to. :cool:

MagieDen 01-08-2013 03:46 AM

Happy New Year Deb and happy new YOU! :)

Deb294evr 01-08-2013 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Portia (Post 16180077)
Same. Just got back from 2 weeks in Hawaii at 270 lbs. Don't be like me.

Wow Jes, really? I am getting to goal to go to Hawaii! I want to walk, swim, explore but I want to be able to do that without running out of breath. That is my dream!!!! This weekend my son is flying us to his condo in Miami to enjoy a few days, this is a test of my current ability to walk long distances.. not so sure I can...................... but! I will get there by Hawaii! :jumpjoy:

Quote:

Originally Posted by shari (Post 16180176)
Wow Deb, on journal number 5 LOL. Let's fill this one up and get to 6 :D
Miami soon, it's great to have a vacation to look forward to. :cool:

Thanks Shari! YES, lets fill this sucker up!.. looking forward to all the goodness this year brings.

I don't want to dwell on the negative, and won't talk to much about it right now, but my friend with Cancer has wished me a wonderful weekend, through her stuggles....a prayer for her... :aprayer:

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagieDen (Post 16180201)
Happy New Year Deb and happy new YOU! :)

Thanks Maggie!!!! It is a NEW YEAR.. and the NEW ME is on it's way.. as it is for you too!!..:hugs:

Gracie514 01-08-2013 06:07 AM

Good morning Deb! No wonder I didn't see you posting - you have a new journal :laugh: And I have a feeling that this will be your journal to GOAL my friend!!! :clap: Just keep remembering the hula skirts and coconut shell boob tops!!!

Deb294evr 01-08-2013 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gracie514 (Post 16180448)
Good morning Deb! No wonder I didn't see you posting - you have a new journal :laugh: And I have a feeling that this will be your journal to GOAL my friend!!! :clap: Just keep remembering the hula skirts and coconut shell boob tops!!!

:hyst::hyst: Yes yes, that is my goal.. and I will take a picture of it!!!...:D

I also have a feeling this is my year.. I really do. NOW to make it happen!. Thanks Gracie, for your support! .. WE can all do it!!! :jumpjoy:

Deb294evr 01-08-2013 07:52 AM

Well faced reality this morning and the dumb scale is back to 191. I know it is because of all the cold meds and cough drops I have been consuming, but still sucks.

I am going to be filling myself with healthy foods today and lots of protein. I need to heal. I feel better, so I am walking with Maggie on my treadmill tonight! .. one STEP at a time!...:D

I plan to eat WHOLE REAL FOOD while visiting my son this weekend. He has a fantastic condo filled with every appliance needed to cook there. No reason not to. A BBQ grill on the patio, and a grocery store down the block. I am so looking forward to fresh beach air!... :jumpjoy:

He told me this morning it is high in the upper 70's and sunny!! They are all outside loving it every evening... cannot WAIT!.. will post pics if I take my computer, or when I get back... :cool:

Deb294evr 01-09-2013 05:42 AM

Walked on my treadmill for an hour watching The Biggest Loser. Compared to what they were tortured into doing, I felt like a slacker.. :laugh: Walked SLOWWWW but with some bursts.. for me success! :clap:

I think the way they work them and beat them down on the show is just nuts, and that is so extreme. I still watch it..... geeze... :laugh:

Today, I am just trying to get myself together and start packing.. I am still not 100% well though, and I need to be. Eating lots of protein, some veges and hoping for the best.

Hope you all have a great day! :jumpjoy:

MagieDen 01-09-2013 06:05 AM

Great job on the walking Deb, I hope you start to feeling somewhat better. It is a drag when one isn't feeling well and needs to enjoy some away time. :console:

Meek75 01-09-2013 06:08 AM

Hey Deb. I found ya! I didn't realize you had so many journals, LOL!

Best wishes to you on Atkins/Primal. I'm living the life as well.

WE CAN DO THIS!!!

Deb294evr 01-09-2013 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagieDen (Post 16182902)
Great job on the walking Deb, I hope you start to feeling somewhat better. It is a drag when one isn't feeling well and needs to enjoy some away time. :console:

Thank you Maggie! :hugs: I am determined to be better!! Mind over matter.. :laugh: I do need to do this trip and to come full circle from last year..

Deb294evr 01-09-2013 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by @iamMeekness (Post 16182909)
Hey Deb. I found ya! I didn't realize you had so many journals, LOL!

Best wishes to you on Atkins/Primal. I'm living the life as well.

WE CAN DO THIS!!!

Thanks Meek!! :hugs: Glad you found me!.. I ddin't realize what a bunch of talking we had going on, till I started looking those up.. :laugh:

I am looking forward to how this year unfolds.. for all of us! :jumpjoy:

Meek75 01-09-2013 01:24 PM

Quote:

I am looking forward to how this year unfolds.. for all of us!
Amen. Me too!! :hugs:

Deb294evr 01-10-2013 07:37 AM

Getting ready to head to St Louis, then Miami first thing in the AM. Everyone have a great weekend and I will check back when I return next week! :up:

MagieDen 01-10-2013 08:04 AM

In my prayers Deb for safe travel. Enjoy! :)

Meek75 01-10-2013 09:17 AM

Awe, Deb. You'll be missed during your vacation. But, I know you're off to a beautiful warm place. Enjoy and please take some pics to share.

:hugs:

MagieDen 01-11-2013 05:38 AM

Miss you already Deb! :friends:

Meek75 01-11-2013 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagieDen (Post 16187764)
Miss you already Deb! :friends:

Yes, so am I :cry:

When is she due to return from Miami?

MagieDen 01-11-2013 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meek75 (Post 16188886)
Yes, so am I :cry:

When is she due to return from Miami?

Not sure Meek, hope real soon but know she needs to enjoy herself first! I'm being a tad bit selfish I think. :o

:)

Deb294evr 01-11-2013 01:51 PM

We made it here!!more later :D

Deb294evr 01-11-2013 03:12 PM

We got here around 3, will be here until Tuesday morning. Lots of gorgeous sun, sand, water, boats, sooooooooo awesome!! It is HOT.. :D

I will try to post pics when i return, so much to see and do. I just wanted to let you know I am safely in MIAMI BEACH!.. whooo hooooo!!! :jumpjoy: