LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2013, 01:26 PM   #241
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagieDen View Post
I didn't know he was banned from the U.S.A. on the radio? What gives? I am on day #3 and doing fine. I am still not experiencing hunger at the moment so I am going for it. I have been keeping pretty much to 500 calories and guzzling down liquids like crazy though I hate going to the bathroom 24/7. I had a nice burger that I used lettuce leaves for the bun instead of me beloved bread. For dinner I am having some Egg Whites with Spinach(I know Yuck right? ) but I ate a hard biled earlier this morning so I am using the 3 egg whites as my protein for dinner. I am actually stuffed, maybe it's the liquids. I am trying to stick with protocol foods and IF I get crazy hungry than I will add some things in. I gainned 3 lbs. from loading and have released so far 5.8 lbs. I need those pounds to stay gone so I am being a good little "protocol" girl and keep them gone. I have a way to go and taking it one day at a time. I have been having soup also because it is so cold here and you know with the juice you get colder. My hands and feet are freezing all the time but I like being cold better thna being uncomfortable and hot. Well lady you have a wonderful Wednesday night and stay warm!

BTW- Have you noticed that those of us that are in the colder regions seem to have blah journals going on. It seems we all have the winter blues or something!

Congrats on the pounds LOST , not to be FOUND again!... You are doing awesome Maggie! No hunger still? WOW.. Good for you! That was always my downfall.

Drinking lots of fluids.. yep = lots of bathroom breaks! Think of the good flushing you are doing for your body! Get that nasty fat out!..

Yes, I have noticed how slow it is for us COLD WEATHER PEEPS! .. yuck. I have no real energy to do much but what I normally do. Can't wait for spring and I have lots of spring CLEANING to do!

Keep up the great work!! As for Adam, he is not officially banned from Radio, they just don't want to play him because some of the radio station owners are very very conservative, and don't approve of him.

Although to ME, that has nothing to do with his beautiful voice!!!.. EUROPE, ASIA, and all round the world love him so he is there now doing concerts.. not fair!..

Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2013, 01:42 PM   #242
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
I agree it's not right about Adam and radio stations not wanting to play his music.

Have a nice night!
MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:45 AM   #243

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186.6/169-mini goal
WOE: very low carb
Hey Deb, hope you're not still drowning in work. It's a shame about Adam but YT is great so you can still enjoy his music and shows.
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:10 AM   #244

Thanks Ladies!.. I am home today since we are under a Winter Storm Warning, and our roads are NOT maintained well in snow/ice. I have plenty of time to take, so I am taking it!..

I really really really need to buckle down a bit on portion sizes.. I could eat and eat and eat without any hunger, and that is scarey!!!... yikes.. I find myself overeating the good stuff even. So I am going to be more mindful of that. This has always been my problem.. not hunger but wanting to eat.

Anyhooo!!!.. I am going to enjoy being home today, cook some yummy food and portion it into containers. HOPEFULLY I can get some control today.

Hope you ladies have a wonderful day!!!!
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:36 AM   #245

oh yeah you all are under a storm watch, hope you all stay safe. I understand about the overeating, even when it's on plan. Enjoy your time at home and cooking yummy meals.
Old 02-21-2013, 06:42 AM   #246

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
oh yeah you all are under a storm watch, hope you all stay safe. I understand about the overeating, even when it's on plan. Enjoy your time at home and cooking yummy meals.
Thanks Shari, it is snowing and sleeting here now, so my choice to stay home was a good one!.. wind blowing 30 mph at least.. yuck!

I am going through some LC recipes and will try to make things I have not had in awhile, so I can have variety... yay!..
Old 02-21-2013, 06:53 AM   #247
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
I think you may be inheriting that storm that blew through here yesterday. Crazy! There was even snow in Scottsdale! Just cold windy rain for me, but blech! I'm pretty spoiled and prefer my sunny warm weather!

Maggie-you're doing great!! 1 day at a time will get you there!! Protocol is so hard, but this temporary suffering will yield great fruit down the road (totally misquoting scripture there, but it does apply!). Hang in there and enjoy your losses!

Deb-where in Hawaii will you be going? I know you've been planning it for a while. Dh and I will celebrate 15 years this July and we're trying to plan a big vacation to Hawaii. Leaning toward Kauai and Maui right now. What do you think?

Hang in there cold weather peeps!! Soon enough the croqus (sp?) will break through announcing the arrival of spring!!
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:58 AM   #248

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
I think you may be inheriting that storm that blew through here yesterday. Crazy! There was even snow in Scottsdale! Just cold windy rain for me, but blech! I'm pretty spoiled and prefer my sunny warm weather!

Maggie-you're doing great!! 1 day at a time will get you there!! Protocol is so hard, but this temporary suffering will yield great fruit down the road (totally misquoting scripture there, but it does apply!). Hang in there and enjoy your losses!

Deb-where in Hawaii will you be going? I know you've been planning it for a while. Dh and I will celebrate 15 years this July and we're trying to plan a big vacation to Hawaii. Leaning toward Kauai and Maui right now. What do you think?

Hang in there cold weather peeps!! Soon enough the croqus (sp?) will break through announcing the arrival of spring!!
Hey Julie! We were posting at the same time.. Yep, we have inherited Q .. he is a nasty storm here... I would love some sun and warmth right now!..

We are planning on MAUI!!! .. I have been checking out condos for a 10 day to 2 week stay.... expensive, but this will be a once in a lifetime trip for us... and I want to go all out!..

I don't think you can go wrong with anywhere on the islands but my son says Maui would be the best.. we shall see!.. I hope you can have a fantastic 15 year trip! . How cool!

Sounds like you have your eating under control and are enjoying it! YAY!...
Old 02-21-2013, 07:45 AM   #249
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Deb I am so gald you were able to get the day off. I am a stay at home gal so I don't have to really deal with terrible weather like some of you working gals do in these cold states. I grab my puppy and a nice comfy blanket and snuggle up on the couch and wait till DH gets home, somehow I have to remember to make him some dinner because that can be a problem. I understand completely what you are going through with the eating when not hungry issue. I have so many things to change about myself and this one thing is a huge problem for me. I am glad you are able to be home today to make some yummy LC food that you can enjoy. I know you will reel in your portions, this is hard for me as well. I wished I had an answer as to why I overeat but alas I do not, I just do sometimes. I have to learn not to do this and control portions when I am off protocol as well so I am learning right along with you. Hawaii sounds like Heaven and I know you will enjoy yourself when you get there. IDK- your backyard looks like a tropical place to me from the pictures you've posted in the past. I know your backyard isn't Hawaii but it looks comfy and relaxing. Well lady take care of yourself, stay warm and enjoy your comfy home.

Old 02-21-2013, 12:43 PM   #250

Thanks Maggie!!!...
Old 02-22-2013, 08:04 AM   #251
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
Hey Julie! We were posting at the same time.. Yep, we have inherited Q .. he is a nasty storm here... I would love some sun and warmth right now!..

We are planning on MAUI!!! .. I have been checking out condos for a 10 day to 2 week stay.... expensive, but this will be a once in a lifetime trip for us... and I want to go all out!..

I don't think you can go wrong with anywhere on the islands but my son says Maui would be the best.. we shall see!.. I hope you can have a fantastic 15 year trip! . How cool!

Sounds like you have your eating under control and are enjoying it! YAY!...
Have you checked out VRBO? It's a website where condo owners rent their places directly. I think it's cheaper than the hotels. Well, too soon to say, still working on our trip. Also trying AAA for their rates. It'll be an amaizng, once in a lifetime, trip for us too. We've talked about it a lot, and didn't really celebrate 10 years too much. Life is short, and I want to take these opportunities when they are available. All too soon my dd's will be grown and gone! Eating it good, all LC, but not Atkins. GY and strawberries are too yummy to eliminate!

Quote:
Deb I am so gald you were able to get the day off. I am a stay at home gal so I don't have to really deal with terrible weather like some of you working gals do in these cold states. I grab my puppy and a nice comfy blanket and snuggle up on the couch and wait till DH gets home, somehow I have to remember to make him some dinner because that can be a problem. I understand completely what you are going through with the eating when not hungry issue. I have so many things to change about myself and this one thing is a huge problem for me. I am glad you are able to be home today to make some yummy LC food that you can enjoy. I know you will reel in your portions, this is hard for me as well. I wished I had an answer as to why I overeat but alas I do not, I just do sometimes. I have to learn not to do this and control portions when I am off protocol as well so I am learning right along with you. Hawaii sounds like Heaven and I know you will enjoy yourself when you get there. IDK- your backyard looks like a tropical place to me from the pictures you've posted in the past. I know your backyard isn't Hawaii but it looks comfy and relaxing. Well lady take care of yourself, stay warm and enjoy your comfy home.

and making dinner. I am usually scrambling to get it together while dh is opening the garage door!! Some days, like yesterday, I'm on top of it and have the crock pot humming. Jambalaya yesterday- ! I too need to work on not eating unless I'm hungry. It just tastes so good! Robin Woodall's book really challenged me. I celebrate w. food. I am not sure I agree that it's wrong, just yet. I like it.
Old 02-23-2013, 03:58 AM   #252
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

and making dinner. I am usually scrambling to get it together while dh is opening the garage door!! hyst: Some days, like yesterday, I'm on top of it and have the crock pot humming.
Julie this is sooo me about every other day. I can easily have breakfast and lunch done for DH but when it comes to dinner I fall apart. I trully hate the "what's for dinner hun" I know I shouldn't be but it's like how dare you ask me to make dinner too! I need to get it together and be better about it and some days I am but I will blame it on the winter blahhhhssss! Hey Deb!
Old 02-25-2013, 05:21 AM   #253

Hey Deb, these months are zipping by...before you know it, Hawaii!! Hope the weather is better (?)..I haven't checked out the forecast in a few days... Anyway hope you have a great Monday
Old 02-25-2013, 05:24 AM   #254

Quote:
Hey Deb, these months are zipping by...before you know it, Hawaii!! Hope the weather is better (?)..I haven't checked out the forecast in a few days... Anyway hope you have a great Monday
Thank you Shari you are right, It will be coming quickly!! I have been watching the HGTV show living Hawaii or something like that.. LOVE IT!.. want to be there..

Well as for the weather, we got through Q with 13 inches of snow which are mostly still here, and we have Rocky coming tonight and tomorrow with another 6-10 inches on top.. This area just is not prepared.. So I am pretty sure I will be stuck at home tomorrow and Wednesday.. ok by me though!..

Hope you are feeling better!!
Old 02-25-2013, 06:03 AM   #255
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Morning Deb, yeck SNOW! Snuggle up with a nice blankie and watch some more HGTV about Hawaii to get you through. I bet you have a nice cozy fireplace, I have always wanted to live in a house that does but DH has allergies and smoke bothers him. I will keep him though. Keep warm Deb!

Have a nice Monday!
Old 02-25-2013, 07:22 AM   #256

Quote:
Morning Deb, yeck SNOW! Snuggle up with a nice blankie and watch some more HGTV about Hawaii to get you through. I bet you have a nice cozy fireplace, I have always wanted to live in a house that does but DH has allergies and smoke bothers him. I will keep him though. Keep warm Deb!

Have a nice Monday!
Thanks Maggie!.. YEP big ole fireplace that is awesome... I plan to do that tomorrow!

Hope all is well up there!.. I saw your pics and you have done so well!!.. Love the ones of you and Hubby! plus your boys are so handsome!. I will get to the journals later.. must catch up on days of work.. UGH!..
Old 02-25-2013, 08:34 AM   #257
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I my boys, they look soo different and different personalities as well. I know those pictures don't do me justice but I will get some new picture up of me one way or another, well first I need to take a new one of me. I KNEW you had a fireplace for some reason or another. Well I figured the way your backyard looked you must have a nice cozy fireplace as well. I put the T.V. on cable at Christimas time because cable has those fake fireplaces and hubby just laughs at me as I say to him "Hey!, the fire is going out I need to throw some more paper in before it goes out" and I toss rolled up paper at the T.V. He gets a kick out of it. Have a good day and don't work too hard.

Last edited by MagieDen; 02-25-2013 at 08:35 AM..
Old 02-25-2013, 09:43 AM   #258

Quote:
I my boys, they look soo different and different personalities as well. I know those pictures don't do me justice but I will get some new picture up of me one way or another, well first I need to take a new one of me. I KNEW you had a fireplace for some reason or another. Well I figured the way your backyard looked you must have a nice cozy fireplace as well. I put the T.V. on cable at Christimas time because cable has those fake fireplaces and hubby just laughs at me as I say to him "Hey!, the fire is going out I need to throw some more paper in before it goes out" and I toss rolled up paper at the T.V. He gets a kick out of it. Have a good day and don't work too hard.
Yes, I love my home.. it is the perfect home and we have no plans to ever move... When the kids finally do leave, we will have a 4 bedroom 3 bath home with full walkout basement entertainment area that will be untouched... OK MAYBE NOT!..

Hubby watches his racing down on the giant TV, and I watch what I want on my less than giant but still huge TV. Works for me!..

Your boys definitely do not look alike! Mine sorta don't either, but all my kids look completely unique... although I do see some mannerisms from me in them...

I have to say you are lucky not to have girls..... DID I SAY THAT?... Love love love my girls, but I swear they are 10 times the trouble bringing up and teaching than the boys... and here I was really wanting girls with my 2 boys being the oldest... OH WELL.. learning experience for all of us!

Stay safe in your snow! I know I am!..
Old 02-26-2013, 05:30 AM   #259
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

6-8 inches of snow today Deb! How is it where you are? Stay warm!
Old 02-26-2013, 09:03 AM   #260

Quote:
6-8 inches of snow today Deb! How is it where you are? Stay warm!
oh boy! We got 10" of very wet, heavy snow, and our trees are hanging low!.. Staying home and going to take a nap.. lol Stay safe!!
Old 02-28-2013, 04:38 AM   #261

You and Maggie got hit hard! Hopefully you're taking advantage and resting. Stay safe! Funny about having girls...I wanted a girl for my second pregnancy but nope, got a big head boy! All my moms that have girls say the same thing..love them dearly but raising boys are easier. I love my boys but they grow up and go away!! Girls will stay around...in the physical sense I mean. But no more for me LOL.
Old 02-28-2013, 05:03 AM   #262

Quote:
You and Maggie got hit hard! Hopefully you're taking advantage and resting. Stay safe! Funny about having girls...I wanted a girl for my second pregnancy but nope, got a big head boy! All my moms that have girls say the same thing..love them dearly but raising boys are easier. I love my boys but they grow up and go away!! Girls will stay around...in the physical sense I mean. But no more for me LOL.
This is very true!!! My girls are much closer to me than my boys and that is normal of course. In fact my girls are all at home, even my 24 year old...

I do miss my boys so much though! I hear from them about once a month on the phone, but my youngest texts me almost daily to let me know what is up. I know someday they will marry and the wife will be number one, but for now.. they love their Momma the bestest!..

Back to work today, snow was awful for driving and we were going stir crazy... kinda happy to be working.. Hope all is well with you Shari!

Everyone have a marvelous day, I have tons to do to catch up!..
Old 02-28-2013, 07:07 AM   #263
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Thank you Shari you are right, It will be coming quickly!! I have been watching the HGTV show living Hawaii or something like that.. LOVE IT!.. want to be there..

Well as for the weather, we got through Q with 13 inches of snow which are mostly still here, and we have Rocky coming tonight and tomorrow with another 6-10 inches on top.. This area just is not prepared.. So I am pretty sure I will be stuck at home tomorrow and Wednesday.. ok by me though!..

Hope you are feeling better!!
Yep, we're leaning toward Maui too. We were talking about hopping from Maui to Kauai, but that'll eat up a day or so and we dont' want to waste it. So, gonna' focus on Maui and love the idea of hiking to a waterfall one day, lay on the beach the next, take surfing lessons... So excited! My dd(9) wants a coconut bra and grass skirt and to hula! AAA has new deals starting tomorrow . I only have gilrs, but so far, so good. The hormones are starting w. my 12 yo, which is partly why I'm sending her back to school . I'm always the bad guy making her buckle down for schoolwork. Peer pressure would help her focus on her school work. Not sure about all the other social drama though. I can always pull her back out if I don't like what I'm seeing .

Sorry about all that snow!! Quite a winter!

Be strong and on plan today ladies!! WE can do it!!
Old 02-28-2013, 09:40 AM   #264

Quote:
Yep, we're leaning toward Maui too. We were talking about hopping from Maui to Kauai, but that'll eat up a day or so and we dont' want to waste it. So, gonna' focus on Maui and love the idea of hiking to a waterfall one day, lay on the beach the next, take surfing lessons... So excited! My dd(9) wants a coconut bra and grass skirt and to hula! AAA has new deals starting tomorrow . I only have gilrs, but so far, so good. The hormones are starting w. my 12 yo, which is partly why I'm sending her back to school . I'm always the bad guy making her buckle down for schoolwork. Peer pressure would help her focus on her school work. Not sure about all the other social drama though. I can always pull her back out if I don't like what I'm seeing .

Sorry about all that snow!! Quite a winter!

Be strong and on plan today ladies!! WE can do it!!
Lucky you!! you get to go before me!.. I hope you LOVE IT!! I know I am going to, but I want to hear how it goes...

Love the idea of a coconut bra and grass skirt!.. too cute! I am trying to save money to be able to have the time of my life and not worry about cash... so it will be several months ..

My eating is going so well! Still sticking to whole REAL foods and an occasional treat.. I FEEL very good. Still getting in some walking and my resistance exercise.. Now if the pounds would just leave me I would be SUPER!..
Old 02-28-2013, 02:19 PM   #265
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Glad to hear that you are enjoying your food plan. Those pounds will come off with time, keep up the exercising it is so good for you. Hey, I had tacos today. Well okay I had my version of P2 tacos. The weekend is almost here Deb any plans for it?
Old 02-28-2013, 03:35 PM   #266

Quote:
Glad to hear that you are enjoying your food plan. Those pounds will come off with time, keep up the exercising it is so good for you. Hey, I had tacos today. Well okay I had my version of P2 tacos. The weekend is almost here Deb any plans for it?
Thanks Maggie! . Tacos on P2? wow, must tell me more! I don't have any plans for the weekend, just hope this snow starts to melt so I can not feel so closed in!!.. UGH!!.. tired of snow...

I have lots I NEED to do around the house, but need some energy!! How bout you?
Old 02-28-2013, 05:09 PM   #267
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Thanks Maggie! . Tacos on P2? wow, must tell me more! I don't have any plans for the weekend, just hope this snow starts to melt so I can not feel so closed in!!.. UGH!!.. tired of snow...

I have lots I NEED to do around the house, but need some energy!! How bout you?
Let's see going to get a movie this weekend that hubby wants to see with DS#1 it is called "Act of Valor." It is not enough that DS spent 5 years in the Army and has had 2 tours in Afghanistan and DH is an Army Veteran the 2 of them want to watch this movie. My husband says it is bonding time so I can't complain about that I guess. Oh the tacos were not really anything special but I just cooked some lean ground beef and put a chopped up tomato in it and spices and then wrapped it all up in lettuce leaves , you know like lettuce wraps and call it tacos. It is just like when I call celery my fries, hey a person has to do what a person has to do to get through P2. The snow has melted here for now so no problem getting out. I do hope it will clear up soon for you so you won't feel so closed in. "Bring on Spring!" The winter can zap anyones energy. I am thinking I will dye my hair this weekend. I am going to dye it the same color it is but with less gray. Actually I don't have too much gray I just want to try my hand at dying my own hair. I hope I don't flub it up. I should have probably bought the shampoo kind, I think they have something like that but didn't look for it. Oh well, we will see how it goes. Have a good weekend.

Last edited by MagieDen; 02-28-2013 at 05:13 PM..
Old 03-01-2013, 03:36 AM   #268

Quote:
Let's see going to get a movie this weekend that hubby wants to see with DS#1 it is called "Act of Valor." It is not enough that DS spent 5 years in the Army and has had 2 tours in Afghanistan and DH is an Army Veteran the 2 of them want to watch this movie. My husband says it is bonding time so I can't complain about that I guess. Oh the tacos were not really anything special but I just cooked some lean ground beef and put a chopped up tomato in it and spices and then wrapped it all up in lettuce leaves , you know like lettuce wraps and call it tacos. It is just like when I call celery my fries, hey a person has to do what a person has to do to get through P2. The snow has melted here for now so no problem getting out. I do hope it will clear up soon for you so you won't feel so closed in. "Bring on Spring!" The winter can zap anyones energy. I am thinking I will dye my hair this weekend. I am going to dye it the same color it is but with less gray. Actually I don't have too much gray I just want to try my hand at dying my own hair. I hope I don't flub it up. I should have probably bought the shampoo kind, I think they have something like that but didn't look for it. Oh well, we will see how it goes. Have a good weekend.
Well I hope your tacos were tasty!.. Really when you are P2, you do what you can to make it interesting!!..

I really really want to bring on spring!!.. Our snow is still piled over a foot high, and not much melting going on. PLUS, we have a possible snow storm coming in next Tuesday again!.. UGH!!!

Anyway, for now I am getting out and working. I also got to the grocery store for some bargains.. haha..

Hope your hair came out great, I am sure it did! Gray, you?? Nah!! .. Have a great weekend, enjoy your movie, I just found out I have to go with hubby to work dinner tomorrow night. UGH, hate those.. so now I have to figure out what I can have there... oh well!!

EVERYONE have a wonderful weekend! I will try to check in more today..
Old 03-01-2013, 10:06 AM   #269

Gallery: Meek75
WOE: Atkins Inductions for 14 Days
Start Date: 6/10/2014
Happy Friday, Deb. Stopping by to show some love. I hope you have a great weekend.
Maggie, I'm doing a round myself. Do you have a journal? Maybe we can encourage and motivate one another. I am on D5. I'm down 5lbs in 4 full days on hhcg pellets! #feelingGOOD!
Meek75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:13 AM   #270

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meek75 View Post
Happy Friday, Deb. Stopping by to show some love. I hope you have a great weekend.
Maggie, I'm doing a round myself. Do you have a journal? Maybe we can encourage and motivate one another. I am on D5. I'm down 5lbs in 4 full days on hhcg pellets! #feelingGOOD!
Anytime Meek! We all have to motivate and encourage each other! Here is Maggie's journal, she is doing so well!!

One life to live, One day at a time, One pound at a time!

CONGRATS TO YOU!! on getting to day 5 with 5 pounds gone!.. I found if I could make it through the first 4 or 5 days, I could do it.. GOOD LUCK!!!