LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2013, 09:34 AM   #181
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
I finally got the chance to listen to this. I'm torn. I like what he has to say- it's not our fault, overeating doesn't cause weight gain, eating less and exercising more doesn't make you lose weight, there are hormonal issues and basic metabollic issues that over-ride any diet or exercise attempts, etc. But, he doesn't tell you WHAT diet or type of exercise you should do (just alludes to less but better quality) and foods too. Sigh. I suppose there are a bunch more? Couldn't he just summarize it for me? Have you watched/listened to them? Can you summarize it for me? I'm not sure how to "heal" my damaged metabolism I've been trying to do that and am convinced eating more helps. But I'd like a lower set point and effortless weight loss please!

Yes, Julie, there is much much more!.. I am still reading and listening. I will share a link to his ebook.

There is so much more he has to say, and I am also torn. However, so much of what he says about hormones is exactly what we learned from Robin.

I find it very very interesting! Free eBook - Smarter Success | Jonathan Bailor | The Smarter Science of Slim | Get Fit - Lose Weight - Feel Great | Eat More, Exercise Less - Smarter | JonathanBailor.com | Diet and Exercise | Harvard Medical School | UCLA Medical School | Johns Hopk
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2013, 09:43 AM   #182

Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
Yes, Julie, there is much much more!.. I am still reading and listening. I will share a link to his ebook.

There is so much more he has to say, and I am also torn. However, so much of what he says about hormones is exactly what we learned from Robin.

I find it very very interesting! Free eBook - Smarter Success | Jonathan Bailor | The Smarter Science of Slim | Get Fit - Lose Weight - Feel Great | Eat More, Exercise Less - Smarter | JonathanBailor.com | Diet and Exercise | Harvard Medical School | UCLA Medical School | Johns Hopk
Hi Deb - I will have to read when I have a minute or two. Can you print this or do you have to read online?

Great job on keeping up the exercising!!! I wouldn't worry about the weight increase, I'm sure it's your muscles getting tighter
Gracie514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:48 AM   #183

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
Hi Deb - I will have to read when I have a minute or two. Can you print this or do you have to read online?

Great job on keeping up the exercising!!! I wouldn't worry about the weight increase, I'm sure it's your muscles getting tighter
If anyone figures out how to print it, let me know!!.... I havent figured a way yet...

Thanks Gracie, I am going to be working towards more heavy weights, less often like he suggests. This exercise part is really fascinating to me.. If you go to the top of the page of the ebook, it has support groups. There is lots of great info in there too.. still learning!..
Old 02-06-2013, 09:59 AM   #185

another one.. There are so many, I won't post them all. They are listed under podcasts on the ebook link. Got to love science!..

Ep.16
Old 02-06-2013, 10:43 AM   #186
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Thanks hon! I've got the book on my laptop and starting it now. I've been on a mission to "heal" my metabolism for about a year now. I remember RRARFing which was fun but easy to gain. This seems similar (so far). I'll keep you posted. Thanks again sweet friend!
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:47 AM   #187

Quote:
Thanks hon! I've got the book on my laptop and starting it now. I've been on a mission to "heal" my metabolism for about a year now. I remember RRARFing which was fun but easy to gain. This seems similar (so far). I'll keep you posted. Thanks again sweet friend!
YAY! so glad Julie! YES, please keep us informed!!!
Old 02-06-2013, 11:06 AM   #188

I can't help it, I really like this one..

Bonus 4: JB on the Conversations Public Affairs Program - Smarter Science of Slim with Jonathan Bailor and Carrie Brown
Old 02-06-2013, 01:06 PM   #189
Big Yapper!!!!

That's just a summary of the book, right? You have to buy the book for the whole story. I read the 18 page free ebook, and would love more details on the eccentric training. It sounds a lot like Slow Burn/Power of 10 which I already whole-heartedly support. Do you have the whole book? What do you think of it? I'll go watch the videos. The "diet" portion sounds a lot like South Beach. I need to up my veggies and fruits for this plan. Are you eating this way? I'll need to buy more veggies/fruit, but it's totally doable.
Old 02-06-2013, 01:13 PM   #190

Quote:
That's just a summary of the book, right? You have to buy the book for the whole story. I read the 18 page free ebook, and would love more details on the eccentric training. It sounds a lot like Slow Burn/Power of 10 which I already whole-heartedly support. Do you have the whole book? What do you think of it? I'll go watch the videos. The "diet" portion sounds a lot like South Beach. I need to up my veggies and fruits for this plan. Are you eating this way? I'll need to buy more veggies/fruit, but it's totally doable.
Yes, that was just a short e book. I don't have the book yet, but I am reading everything else he put out there. Listening to the pod casts has really helped me.. thank goodness I can listen while working! I have been eating this way for the past couple of days..

I LOVE eating this way, and I think it will love me.. I do need more non starchy veges, but I love most of them, so it won't be a hardship. I am also interested in learning more, so I may get the book on kindle... I will decide when I take a look at it on Amazon.

I will let you know what I think. My Daughter wants to follow the "HOT" plan... I was thinking Hot would be good...
Old 02-06-2013, 01:47 PM   #191

OK this one seems to go into the basics of the eating part.

Ep.20 - How to go SANE, Specifically - Smarter Science of Slim with Jonathan Bailor and Carrie Brown
Old 02-07-2013, 05:40 AM   #192

Morning Folks!! Well after listening to all this wonderful stuff, I file it in my file cabinet of good advice and continue with my journey!!

What I brought away from his plan, is to eat as many healthy REAL WHOLE FOODS as possible, replacing starches and sweets MOST of the time. You do NOT have to be perfect, and I like that...

The exercise part, not so sure. YES, I am going to add one or two days a week of heavy resistance, but I will keep my walking ... just because I like it..

Other than that, what he says is what I already know and do... so I found it interesting and confirming..

Hope everyone has a fantastic day!!...
Old 02-07-2013, 08:12 AM   #193
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks Deb! I agree. I take bits and pieces from different "approaches" and make up my own plan. His focus on "eccentric lifting" is interesting. I like to life heavy and slow, and his concept of lifting slow and heavy, but the eccentric portion of the lifting only, intrigues me. Anything that gets results quickly sounds good to me! I tried it today at the gym. We'll see if I notice any difference.

It does feel good to be back in the swing of working out again. I am LCing and the scale will eventually reward me. I'm trying to keep it all in perspective. And like you mentioned, an occasional treat won't hurt .

Keep up the good work friend!
Old 02-07-2013, 09:21 AM   #194

Quote:
Thanks Deb! I agree. I take bits and pieces from different "approaches" and make up my own plan. His focus on "eccentric lifting" is interesting. I like to life heavy and slow, and his concept of lifting slow and heavy, but the eccentric portion of the lifting only, intrigues me. Anything that gets results quickly sounds good to me! I tried it today at the gym. We'll see if I notice any difference.

It does feel good to be back in the swing of working out again. I am LCing and the scale will eventually reward me. I'm trying to keep it all in perspective. And like you mentioned, an occasional treat won't hurt .

Keep up the good work friend!
Totally AGREE!!! I am going to be trying the eccentric portion also.. It sounds painful, but also does the job. In much less time.. Would love it if this works!!

So glad you are feeling better about being back in the exercise swing.. I can relate to that. He also agrees that if we want to exercise because we like it, we certainly can do that also..

I would love to hear how it is going for you also as you try this! Have a wonderful day my friend!..
Old 02-08-2013, 05:36 AM   #195

I am really getting excited about this way of eating and exercising.. I am still losing inches.. yet the scale is not moving YET. I know it has to eventually. I AM NOT WORRIED.

I am SHRINKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok, so I knew I was Fluffy, but now I know I am REALLY REALLY FLUFFY! because under this fluff, I am starting to feel muscle and definition again. Going to go for walking as I have been , PLUS one day of the exercise that
Jonathan and Carrie do. I SWEAR these podcasts have given me so much to think about.. WOW.

Have a wonderful day everyone, and I will keep you informed on my progress.. so far.. L O V I N IT!!!...
Old 02-08-2013, 05:46 AM   #196
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Stats: Lots/Less/Goal-135 lbs.
Happy for you Deb that you are finding some new things that seem to be wroking for you. Hey those inches lost is big stuff, I like that I don't feel like a stuffed sausage in my clothes. You are going to enjoy your Hawaii vacation so much better because you are getting heathy and strong. The scale, what can I say about that? ARGGGGHH!!! For me if I could get in and stay in a size 10-12 I would trully be a happy camper. I know so many others want a specific number on the scale, heck even my goal is posted but that number is where a size 10-12 would fit me so I am for that. All of our bodies are different and one size that would fit one wouldn't fit another. Inches are the schiznit! KUTGW!
Old 02-08-2013, 06:24 AM   #197

Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Morning Deb! Way to go on those muscles!!! Remember that a pound of muscle is so much smaller than a pound of fat If I were you, I would only weigh maybe once every week or two just to gauge your progress. I think the measuring tape will tell the true story
Gracie514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:49 AM   #198

Gallery: Meek75
WOE: Atkins Inductions for 14 Days
Start Date: 6/10/2014
Have a great weekend, Deb!
Meek75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:49 AM   #199

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagieDen View Post
Happy for you Deb that you are finding some new things that seem to be wroking for you. Hey those inches lost is big stuff, I like that I don't feel like a stuffed sausage in my clothes. You are going to enjoy your Hawaii vacation so much better because you are getting heathy and strong. The scale, what can I say about that? ARGGGGHH!!! For me if I could get in and stay in a size 10-12 I would trully be a happy camper. I know so many others want a specific number on the scale, heck even my goal is posted but that number is where a size 10-12 would fit me so I am for that. All of our bodies are different and one size that would fit one wouldn't fit another. Inches are the schiznit! KUTGW!
Thanks Maggie!! you are So RIGHT!! Inches are what it is all about, and that I what shows on the outside.. Hawaii baby!.. whoo hoo!!! plus I will be strong enough to walk around and not feel like I am dying!.. So excited for what is ahead!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
Morning Deb! Way to go on those muscles!!! Remember that a pound of muscle is so much smaller than a pound of fat If I were you, I would only weigh maybe once every week or two just to gauge your progress. I think the measuring tape will tell the true story
Thank you Gracie I have a sign on my mirror that says just that.. Muscle takes up less space than fat! MUST stay off the scale for awhile anyway.. it really is not doing me anything positive, and I want EYEBALL results... fit in my clothes.. feel good results..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meek75 View Post
Have a great weekend, Deb!
Thanks Meek,, I hope you are doing well !!! I know you are, with your lifeplan in place! Keep it up!
Old 02-09-2013, 06:43 AM   #200

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186.6/169-mini goal
WOE: very low carb
Congrats on the inches lost!! It's such battle with that darn scale...I admire people that only weigh once a month or don't at all..they only go by their clothes. With exercise, you'll be fit and feeling/looking good for your Hawaii vacation! I will look at the videos as soon as I get a minute..thanks for posting them.
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:44 AM   #201

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Congrats on the inches lost!! It's such battle with that darn scale...I admire people that only weigh once a month or don't at all..they only go by their clothes. With exercise, you'll be fit and feeling/looking good for your Hawaii vacation! I will look at the videos as soon as I get a minute..thanks for posting them.
Thank you Shari! My body is definitely changing shape already.. I can't believe it.

The sides of my hips... which normally have a nice covering of FAT, have an indention there on both sides.. WHAT? Where did that come from? I noticed it this weekend while just walking.. My thighs/hips are smaller..

What have I changed? My eating for one. I eat at least 6 oz of protein 4-5 times a day. With that, I eat unlimited NON starchy veges.. and 4 citrus or berry servings a day. ( this is all from the Smarter Science of Slim)

I eat fat as a condiment, butter, oil, dressing. I eat one starch a day if I want it, but sometimes I don't. Potato is my choice most of the time.

I can't believe how much my body wants to eat this way. I am finally down on the scale as of Saturday.. ( down 2)

I walk on the treadmill, but I am going for shorter distance, with more resistance... It works well for me.. Also adding one day a week of the resistance weight exercises.. This is amazing to me.. We shall see how it goes, so far so good!..

This is not a quick fix according to the book, ( yes I got the Kindle version for $8 ) Kindle on my PC that is.. I don't have a Kindle...

Hope everyone has a great day and week ahead!!!
Old 02-11-2013, 05:55 AM   #202

Hi Deb. Wow, congrats on being down 2 on the scale. I'm liking your plan too. Keep up the good work!
Old 02-11-2013, 09:33 AM   #203

Quote:
Hi Deb. Wow, congrats on being down 2 on the scale. I'm liking your plan too. Keep up the good work!
Thank you Meek!!.. loving loving the freedom to eat.. so nice..

I am FULL to the gills right now. That is what salad veges and soup does to me.. lots of good meats and veges .. plus some greek yogurt and berries..

I know as of right now, dieting is not in my life any longer. I won't be eating anything in the world I want, but I will be eating to heal my body from all the dieting I have done..

Protein, Non Starchy Veges, some fruits, some dairy, and don't have to be perfect! Love it!..
Old 02-11-2013, 08:40 PM   #204

Quote:
Thank you Meek!!.. loving loving the freedom to eat.. so nice..

I am FULL to the gills right now. That is what salad veges and soup does to me.. lots of good meats and veges .. plus some greek yogurt and berries..

I know as of right now, dieting is not in my life any longer. I won't be eating anything in the world I want, but I will be eating to heal my body from all the dieting I have done..

Protein, Non Starchy Veges, some fruits, some dairy, and don't have to be perfect! Love it!..
Sounds so perfect and you're happy which matters the most!
Old 02-12-2013, 03:13 AM   #205

Quote:
Sounds so perfect and you're happy which matters the most!
Awe Meek you are so sweet!.. Thanks hon, I know you are doing well also!.. One day at a time, and patience is a virtue...
Old 02-12-2013, 04:53 AM   #206
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Stats: Lots/Less/Goal-135 lbs.
Have a nice Tuesday and I am glad you are liking your new food plan. It sounds so simple and sensible. KUTGW Deb!

MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:21 AM   #207

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagieDen View Post
Have a nice Tuesday and I am glad you are liking your new food plan. It sounds so simple and sensible. KUTGW Deb!

Thanks Maggie!! It is so simple and easy. I don't know why I fought it for so long. The main thing is the nutrition I need to heal my body.. I feel so much better!!!

I hope you have a fantastic Tuesday also!..
Old 02-12-2013, 09:21 AM   #208
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Thank you Shari! My body is definitely changing shape already.. I can't believe it.

The sides of my hips... which normally have a nice covering of FAT, have an indention there on both sides.. WHAT? Where did that come from? I noticed it this weekend while just walking.. My thighs/hips are smaller..

What have I changed? My eating for one. I eat at least 6 oz of protein 4-5 times a day. With that, I eat unlimited NON starchy veges.. and 4 citrus or berry servings a day. ( this is all from the Smarter Science of Slim)

I eat fat as a condiment, butter, oil, dressing. I eat one starch a day if I want it, but sometimes I don't. Potato is my choice most of the time.

I can't believe how much my body wants to eat this way. I am finally down on the scale as of Saturday.. ( down 2)

I walk on the treadmill, but I am going for shorter distance, with more resistance... It works well for me.. Also adding one day a week of the resistance weight exercises.. This is amazing to me.. We shall see how it goes, so far so good!..

This is not a quick fix according to the book, ( yes I got the Kindle version for $8 ) Kindle on my PC that is.. I don't have a Kindle...

Hope everyone has a great day and week ahead!!!
So encouraged to read this!! WTG!! I'm struggling right now. I've been trying to follow LC w. 1 day to eat what I feel like. Well, as a result, I'm weighing in the 160's now!! Considering I was in the 140's quite happily not all that long ago, is quite shocking and upsetting. I've been working out 3+ days a week, but I'm up. And more than just the scale. Clothes are all tight, tummy bulge is very noticeable. I'm so frustrated. I am trying to eat "intuitively" and "heal" a bit from all the restriction I've been trying (hcg, JUDDD). But the result is rapid weight gain, and not muscle. Fat!! . So, I'm regrouping. I'm considering another round of hcg, but also know a quick fix isn't the right long term goal. I am considering doing a 3 day fat fast to get into ketosis for appetite control. But, I'm not sure I want to live very LC the rest of my days. I would like to be successful on a moderate meal plan. I wish I could get that to work for me. This Sane eating is appealing. I may give that a try. Nothing else seems to be working for me .
Old 02-12-2013, 10:05 AM   #209

Quote:
So encouraged to read this!! WTG!! I'm struggling right now. I've been trying to follow LC w. 1 day to eat what I feel like. Well, as a result, I'm weighing in the 160's now!! Considering I was in the 140's quite happily not all that long ago, is quite shocking and upsetting. I've been working out 3+ days a week, but I'm up. And more than just the scale. Clothes are all tight, tummy bulge is very noticeable. I'm so frustrated. I am trying to eat "intuitively" and "heal" a bit from all the restriction I've been trying (hcg, JUDDD). But the result is rapid weight gain, and not muscle. Fat!! . So, I'm regrouping. I'm considering another round of hcg, but also know a quick fix isn't the right long term goal. I am considering doing a 3 day fat fast to get into ketosis for appetite control. But, I'm not sure I want to live very LC the rest of my days. I would like to be successful on a moderate meal plan. I wish I could get that to work for me. This Sane eating is appealing. I may give that a try. Nothing else seems to be working for me .
Awe Julie!! I feel your pain!! I know what you mean about nothing really working anymore.. I have been spinning my wheels for a very long time, but I decided to just give it up to this plan.

There are days I want to rebel and just have whatever I want, but it passes. I am eating FAIRLY LC, but not strict for sure. If you love veges, you would do well on this, but I also know it is not a quick loss plan either.

I just had to give up the idea of HCG for now.. I know I could get it off, but when it comes back as it usually does, it comes back as FAT. What Jonathan has to say about this is so true. We kind of lose the ability to burn our own fat, when we have starved our bodies, that even if we have tons of fat, we won't use it for fuel.

He says the only way to get that CLOGGED drain unclogged is to eat healthy, whole nutrition so your body can get itself right again. Protein, lots of it, and Non starchy Veges are the basis of his plan. Healthy fats, nuts, seeds, oils.

He also says to eat Greek Yogurt and LF Cottage cheese for the protein, not the fats. You can then ADD fats in, but the main reason for the dairy is the protein.

Anyway, I hope and pray you find what will work for you too!!!. I know you will....
Old 02-12-2013, 10:29 AM   #210
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks Deb! I'm going to give it a solid try. I haven't bought the book (yet) and am trying to follow the meal plan from the bits and pieces he's got online. He has a 7 day sample menu which is interesting, but I don't eat fish . That eliminates half his suggestions. And the breakfast smoothie w. 3 cups of brocolli in it? But, the eggs/egg white meal w. all the veggies? I could do that. I had tuna fish (the one exception to the "no fish" rule) w. 3-4 stalks of celery diced up in it, a tsp of mayo, and SF relish (counts as a bit of cucumber in my book ) was quite tasty and seems to fall in line w. his plan. I only have full fat GY, which I love. I guess I should buy some more ground flax to add into it? I haven't focused much on fiber, so that'll be a nice change for me. I already love the Quest bars he endorses, so adding that as a snack is a not brainer. I can do it! I will give it a full week and consciously try to follow his recommendations. That's a LOT of veggies. Not sure I'll be able to get all that in, but I'm gonna' try!