LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2013, 09:02 AM   #121
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
I watched my brother in law pass at the age of 34. They took him off of the ventilator and he labored breathing for a while but then passed peacefully. If I wasn't watching the monitor I would'nt even have known that he was gone My nephew was 9 months old when his dad passed. He just turned 14 a couple weeks ago. It's still hard watching him grow up without a dad.
That just breaks my heart.. It is hard enough when they are older, but being so young.. that would be such a challenge.. I can see you think of him still to this day.. many hugs for your nephew.. His Daddy is watching over him..
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2013, 09:03 AM   #122

Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
That just breaks my heart.. It is hard enough when they are older, but being so young.. that would be such a challenge.. I can see you think of him still to this day.. many hugs for your nephew.. His Daddy is watching over him..
He looks like his dad and a lot of his mannerisms. My SIL used to tell me that he would come to her in her bedroom at night. She said she would be laying on her stomach and become almost paralyzed. She said she could tell he was in the room with her and she would get chills all over her body. I'm sure he is watching over them.
Gracie514 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:11 AM   #123

Quote:
He looks like his dad and a lot of his mannerisms. My SIL used to tell me that he would come to her in her bedroom at night. She said she would be laying on her stomach and become almost paralyzed. She said she could tell he was in the room with her and she would get chills all over her body. I'm sure he is watching over them.
Oh WOW.. that is amazing.. I would love to have that experience, although it would be a bit unsettling.. Just knowing they live on is so comforting!!

I used to be scared of death as recent as 2 years ago, but now that I know what happens after.. I am just so at peace.. I used to get panic attacks thinking of my parents not having much time left. They would happen out of the blue, and just really give me crippling anxiety. I now know this was some kind of preparation that Dad's time was coming. I never have these anymore.. because now I just KNOW.

I guess since I was not raised in any religion, I didn't know. Now I know for certain..we live on ...
Old 01-28-2013, 10:06 AM   #124

Quote:
Oh WOW.. that is amazing.. I would love to have that experience, although it would be a bit unsettling.. Just knowing they live on is so comforting!!

I used to be scared of death as recent as 2 years ago, but now that I know what happens after.. I am just so at peace.. I used to get panic attacks thinking of my parents not having much time left. They would happen out of the blue, and just really give me crippling anxiety. I now know this was some kind of preparation that Dad's time was coming. I never have these anymore.. because now I just KNOW.

I guess since I was not raised in any religion, I didn't know. Now I know for certain..we live on ...
I get signs all the time from my father in law. His number was always 222 and I see it all.the.time! Now I'm used to it so I just chuckle to myself and tell him thanks for keeping me at ease!
Old 01-28-2013, 10:10 AM   #125

Quote:
I get signs all the time from my father in law. His number was always 222 and I see it all.the.time! Now I'm used to it so I just chuckle to myself and tell him thanks for keeping me at ease!
Awesome!!!!
Old 01-28-2013, 11:35 AM   #126

O M G!!! you GUYS!!! i got my sign from Nancy already!.. HOLY SMOKES.. ok here it is.

Last night I was saying goodbye and teased her that she should send me an Adam Lambert song as a sign she was ok. She smiled.. Today at lunch, i was looking on You tube for something to listen to while I had lunch. I searched Adam Lambert. Up came a few random vidoes, and there were a few from the concert we went to, so I thought I would listen.

I started listening, then I thought I would look at it. Around 1:08 in the video, I thought I saw myself.. WHAT? backed it up and paused it. There I was, with NANCY,and her daughter at the concert! No idea we were being filmed, no idea this video existed, but there it was... I am just in awe..
1:08

Old 01-28-2013, 05:37 PM   #127

The last few pics of Nancy... Cancer SUCKS!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg nancy3.jpg (32.8 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg nancy4.jpg (23.7 KB, 4 views)
Old 01-29-2013, 03:13 AM   #128

Now on to LIFE. I am back in the mindset of my eating again. Low Carb/Atkins.. Not quite so strict as induction, but this is my way of life eating. I need to get rid of the hunger that has returned with my crazy eating over the weekend.

UGH!!!! I just can't eat like that anymore. I am back on my supps today, I am going to eat a good breakfast.. and not be concerned with total cals today. Once I get into Ketosis again, I know my appetite will be under control.

Will keep up the walking. This morning, I got woke up by thunder and lightning in JANUARY!!.. good grief!.. While some of you got ice storms we get 77 degrees and Thunderstorms.. crazy crazy weather.

Hope everyone is having a good day, mine is better, I feel more peace today, I know all will be well.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:25 AM   #129

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186/179-mini goal
WOE: hcg 2.0
Wow! That's amazing regarding the Adam Lambert sign!! She's smiling and letting you know all is well.

I am the same regarding eating. Since TOM and Saturday's derail my eating has not been the best. I've been doing lower carb since Sunday but my appetite is still higher with cravings. I think I'm going to do a meat/egg fast to get into deep ketosis...that really took care of cravings and reduced my appetite. I still plan to exercise with you and Maggie soon.

The weather is crazy..lightning and thunder in January?! It's going to be in the high 50's today and tomorrow close to 70 then snow flurries on Friday
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:28 AM   #130

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Wow! That's amazing regarding the Adam Lambert sign!! She's smiling and letting you know all is well.

I am the same regarding eating. Since TOM and Saturday's derail my eating has not been the best. I've been doing lower carb since Sunday but my appetite is still higher with cravings. I think I'm going to do a meat/egg fast to get into deep ketosis...that really took care of cravings and reduced my appetite. I still plan to exercise with you and Maggie soon.

The weather is crazy..lightning and thunder in January?! It's going to be in the high 50's today and tomorrow close to 70 then snow flurries on Friday
OH!! I had forgotten the meat and egg fast. That would be even better!! I just need to get into deep Ketosis also.. then I feel more in control.

Yes, that video just blew me away... how did she know to send me that video? WOW..

Mother Nature is letting us know she is alive and well also...crazy weather!
Old 01-29-2013, 03:36 AM   #131

This is from Z's journal here in the journal section, and I love what he has to say!!! So very true, and I am going to do it from now on...

This is why this RAD (radically awesome diet) works for me: It seems to provide corrective action. I didn't force myself to eat less, and wait for my metabolism to get with the program - I started with giving my metabolism the fuel it needed, and gradually ate less as a natural consequence.

From needing 8 eggs in a sitting to only needing 2, in just a few months.

This is why I always go on about not worrying about calories. Eventually, when you stop fighting your internal cues, and stop fighting your plan, you will find that calories take care of themselves. It's not that calories don't matter, it's that (for many of us, at least) calories aren't the root of the problem.

For me the experience has taught me to count the carbs mercilessly, and count nothing else - not because nothing else matters, but because everything else will align on its own as long as I take care of this one primary goal."
Old 01-29-2013, 05:36 AM   #132
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Stats: Goal Wt-135 lbs! (-8 lbs.)
WOE: Stillman's - Not my lifetime woe!
Start Date: 7/28/14 - 8/17/14
Wow Deb, that is so interesting coming across that video of you and Nancy when you didn't even know it existed. She is not suffering anymore so take comfort in that.

Great minds think alike I just posted on my journal what I will be attempting in the next 2 weeks and meat and eggs are definitely on the menu to help me along. I need to cleanse this ole' body from some of my indulgences so I pray I will be able to hang with it.

On the exercise front we all can get in something daily even if it is only for 15 minutes and consistent(talking to myself mostly here ).

Your weather sounds so strange but then again weather lately everywhere has been strange.

Enjoy your Tuesday Deb.

Short term goal - 175 lbs. 12/25/14
One life to live, one day at a time, one pound at a time!
MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:46 AM   #133

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagieDen View Post
Wow Deb, that is so interesting coming across that video of you and Nancy when you didn't even know it existed. She is not suffering anymore so take comfort in that.

Great minds think alike I just posted on my journal what I will be attempting in the next 2 weeks and meat and eggs are definitely on the menu to help me along. I need to cleanse this ole' body from some of my indulgences so I pray I will be able to hang with it.

On the exercise front we all can get in something daily even if it is only for 15 minutes and consistent(talking to myself mostly here ).

Your weather sounds so strange but then again weather lately everywhere has been strange.

Enjoy your Tuesday Deb.

Thank you Maggie! YES INDEED! great minds do think alike!..

I told my Mom about all this with Nancy and she is just amazed also.. she was feeling down and in pain Saturday when we visited, then I told her about what Nancy was going through with one lung, and one kidney, and she said, well I sure don't need to be complaining about a sore hip!! Her whole attitude, demeanor, everything changed that night. I thank Nancy for that too, because we were getting worried about Mom's will to keep fighting..

This morning I could hear her change, she told me she was going to get up and move around more during the day, every day. Even if it was sore, it was not fatal, and she was going to make a habit and get better.

I hope you have a fantastic day Maggie!! We all need some cleansing!!..
Old 01-29-2013, 07:39 AM   #134

So cool you found that video! She's telling you she is A-Ok and finally at peace. I bet she gets to go to all the Adam Lambert concerts now!!!

The egg and meat fast will definitely drop those lbs.!!! And get rid of sugar cravings. That's my downfall - cupcakes, brownies, cookies, cereal - poison!!!
Old 01-29-2013, 08:05 AM   #135

Quote:
So cool you found that video! She's telling you she is A-Ok and finally at peace. I bet she gets to go to all the Adam Lambert concerts now!!!

The egg and meat fast will definitely drop those lbs.!!! And get rid of sugar cravings. That's my downfall - cupcakes, brownies, cookies, cereal - poison!!!
Thanks Gracie! I know I am still in Awe of everything in the past few days.. there is alot more, but I will not bore folks on here.

Anyway! So far so good on the Meat/egg eating.. of course it is only 10am here.. My food is here though, and I am doing this!!
Old 01-29-2013, 09:29 AM   #136
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Very cool about that video! It's good you're finding comfort even in the midst of losing your friend! Such a hard thing. Even though I know about heaven, it's still hard to be left behind and go on without our loved ones. But, on we must go.

Hope the egg/meat plan gets you deeply into ketosis quickly!! Helps so much!!

I'm JUDDDing and week 1 is done. It's a bit harder than I'd like (I like to eat!!) but if it'll work and allow me a higher carb lifestyle I'll be happy. We'll see!

Maggie-I like that idea. I think if we can get and KEEP moving it'll help all the way around!
julieboolie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:34 AM   #137

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Very cool about that video! It's good you're finding comfort even in the midst of losing your friend! Such a hard thing. Even though I know about heaven, it's still hard to be left behind and go on without our loved ones. But, on we must go.

Hope the egg/meat plan gets you deeply into ketosis quickly!! Helps so much!!

I'm JUDDDing and week 1 is done. It's a bit harder than I'd like (I like to eat!!) but if it'll work and allow me a higher carb lifestyle I'll be happy. We'll see!

Maggie-I like that idea. I think if we can get and KEEP moving it'll help all the way around!
Thank you Julie! .. Good luck with JUDDD! I know it is a great plan, if you can handle the DD. If anyone can, it is YOU!..

Have a wonderful day!!
Old 01-30-2013, 03:38 AM   #138

Interesting and definitely true post from Z. Yes, deep ketosis is magic LOL. Hope you have a great day!
Old 01-30-2013, 05:12 AM   #139

Thanks Shari! Day 1 went well! I was not hungry, and when I did have some signals to eat, I did. Not many carbs at all. Love that feeling of satisfaction, but not too much. I feel smaller today, but not weighing until Saturday.

I am trying to take the focus away from food entirely, I do this usually for a while, then something distracts me, like Sweets I want to do a few days of Meat/egg, then see where I go.

I am slowly accepting my friend is not here.. but wow.. it is not easy.. I do know she told me not to be sad, because that is definitely not the way to live your life. Her advice to me was never smoke. Which I never did anyway, but I pass that advice on to my kids. Yes, everyone knows how bad it is, but she said that was her life regret. She would have possibly had many more years with her family if she had never started.

Anyway!! Everyone have a great day!!
Old 01-30-2013, 06:56 AM   #140

Gallery: Meek75
WOE: Atkins Inductions for 14 Days
Start Date: 6/10/2014
Hi Deb. Just stopping by to say HI. No time to read. I'll catch up soon. Keep up the good work
Meek75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:19 AM   #141
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Thanks Shari! Day 1 went well! I was not hungry, and when I did have some signals to eat, I did. Not many carbs at all. Love that feeling of satisfaction, but not too much. I feel smaller today, but not weighing until Saturday.

I am trying to take the focus away from food entirely, I do this usually for a while, then something distracts me, like Sweets I want to do a few days of Meat/egg, then see where I go.

I am slowly accepting my friend is not here.. but wow.. it is not easy.. I do know she told me not to be sad, because that is definitely not the way to live your life. Her advice to me was never smoke. Which I never did anyway, but I pass that advice on to my kids. Yes, everyone knows how bad it is, but she said that was her life regret. She would have possibly had many more years with her family if she had never started.

Good for you! Off to a great start!! I'm so sorry for your loss. She's right! Unfortunately that type of insight (not to smoke) is usually gained through the consequences. My uncle is dying of COPD basically. He's been a long time smoker too. Very sad and preventable, which makes it frustrating on top of the sadness. Kind of invigorates your commitment to getting and being healthy, fit and active! Your family needs you .

Yep, those dd's are the only part of JUDDD I don't like So far they're manageable. If I lose I'll stick with it. . We'll see. Lots of ways to skin a cat, but I'd like to find an easy way to lose and maintain.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:57 AM   #142

Quote:

I agree with your friend to never smoke but they get you when you're young and stupid. It's a battle everyday because your brain is actually changed by the nicotine. I'm a very strong willed person and smoking is one of my demons. I'm still not smoking but sometimes it's like I lost my best friend.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:03 AM   #143
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I agree with your friend to never smoke but they get you when you're young and stupid. It's a battle everyday because your brain is actually changed by the nicotine. I'm a very strong willed person and smoking is one of my demons. I'm still not smoking but sometimes it's like I lost my best friend.
This is how my dh feels. It really is so addicting! He misses it everyday and it's a conscious battle for him!! Hang in there!! you can do it!!
Old 01-30-2013, 09:14 AM   #144

Quote:
This is how my dh feels. It really is so addicting! He misses it everyday and it's a conscious battle for him!! Hang in there!! you can do it!!
Thanks Julie! It will be a battle for life unfortunately. I'm glad your husband quit - kudos to him!!! It's definitely one of the hardest things to do
Old 01-30-2013, 09:38 AM   #145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meek75 View Post
Hi Deb. Just stopping by to say HI. No time to read. I'll catch up soon. Keep up the good work
MEEK!!! So glad to see you! .. I know you are busy, so hang in there and come by when you can! Miss ya!

Quote:
Good for you! Off to a great start!! I'm so sorry for your loss. She's right! Unfortunately that type of insight (not to smoke) is usually gained through the consequences. My uncle is dying of COPD basically. He's been a long time smoker too. Very sad and preventable, which makes it frustrating on top of the sadness. Kind of invigorates your commitment to getting and being healthy, fit and active! Your family needs you .

Yep, those dd's are the only part of JUDDD I don't like So far they're manageable. If I lose I'll stick with it. . We'll see. Lots of ways to skin a cat, but I'd like to find an easy way to lose and maintain.
I am so glad I almost choked to death the very few times I "tried" it.. That put a stop to ever wanting to try again. I know when you are young, you are invincible.. and my kids have that same attitude. However, after seeing Nancy's struggles, I think they have a new appreciation for not smoking. So far, none of my 5 kids have picked up the habit. Thank god.

I know how hard it is from my Grandmother too, she died of lung cancer, and she said like Gracie said, it was the hardest thing in her life to try to quit. I think she smoked until the day she died.

As for JUDDD, I hope you do well on it, and lose some pounds, but I can definitely see it as a way to maintain once you are there. With the DD being more cals than 500 of course..

Quote:
I feel for you Gracie!! I hear from so many people how hard it is. Nicotine really does change the way your brain works.. I pray you keep on doing what you are doing, and stay away from them.. for you and for your family Knowing that it is bad, does not always motivate us.. but other things do.. HEALTH!!! you keep on hanging in there!!!!
Old 01-31-2013, 05:19 AM   #146

Not much to report today.. not weighing until Saturday, but am still getting in some movement each day. Yesterday i was watching some of my DVR'd programs while I walk on the treadmill. Only way for me to get going..

I swear walking is so boring inside.. oh well.. I need to keep on movin!!! My Mom's whole attitude towards her hip surgery, and healing has done a 180 since my friend's struggle. She sees she is otherwise healthy and will work more on getting better. Her joints must have movement to not get totally stiff.. She is going to do more stairs, and just walking around the house. I am thrilled she has a new take on life.. Thank you Nancy!!!

I hope everyone has a great day!!!
Old 01-31-2013, 07:16 AM   #147
Big Yapper!!!!

Deb-it's so good your mom is willing to move! My mom would be so much healthier and happier if she'd just walk more! She's so lazy! She want a hoverround to eliminate what little walking she already does! I get so frustrated w. her , There's nothing wrong w. her, yet she's a few beats away from needing assisted living. Sigh. You can't make someone want to do it. Be thankful your mom still cares and is willing to put some work into it. Reminds me to keep active too!! My problem right now is I've been working out faithfully for more than 3 weeks now and I've gained weight from it! Again! I always seem to, then I quit. I wonder how long this will last? Sigh.
Old 02-01-2013, 04:39 AM   #148

I'm glad to hear your mom is doing well and moving!! Good for her!

I know it's difficult regarding your friend...she's at rest in a much better place. I know it sounds cliche but really I can barely watch the news daily because it's so sad..all the killing and pain inflicted on one another...illnesses with no cure. I imagine being in a place where it's all gone, only peace and love. Your friend is there however it is difficult for loved ones left behind to move on without her spirit here so I will continue to pray for you and her other loved ones.

Regarding eating, hopefully the M/E fast is working and you're in deep ketosis to take away those cravings for sweets!!
Old 02-01-2013, 05:34 AM   #149

Quote:
Deb-it's so good your mom is willing to move! My mom would be so much healthier and happier if she'd just walk more! She's so lazy! She want a hoverround to eliminate what little walking she already does! I get so frustrated w. her , There's nothing wrong w. her, yet she's a few beats away from needing assisted living. Sigh. You can't make someone want to do it. Be thankful your mom still cares and is willing to put some work into it. Reminds me to keep active too!! My problem right now is I've been working out faithfully for more than 3 weeks now and I've gained weight from it! Again! I always seem to, then I quit. I wonder how long this will last? Sigh.
Thank you Julie, I agree, her wanting this is the most important thing!! I thought about that hoverround so she can get to the store herself, but she says no way, I will get back to walking there in the spring! So happy about that!!

You are right, that it also makes me want to keep on moving.. I don't want to be housebound, wheelchair bound or anything when I get old...

I know exercise causes a weight gain at first in lots of people so they give up. I know I am pretty much standing still on the scale, but the walking is way too good for me to stop now. I hope you continue with yours, for other reasons, but I also know how frustrating it can be...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
I'm glad to hear your mom is doing well and moving!! Good for her!

I know it's difficult regarding your friend...she's at rest in a much better place. I know it sounds cliche but really I can barely watch the news daily because it's so sad..all the killing and pain inflicted on one another...illnesses with no cure. I imagine being in a place where it's all gone, only peace and love. Your friend is there however it is difficult for loved ones left behind to move on without her spirit here so I will continue to pray for you and her other loved ones.

Regarding eating, hopefully the M/E fast is working and you're in deep ketosis to take away those cravings for sweets!!
AWE thanks Shari!! Beautiful words and thoughts, I so agree with you that she is in a place of no pain and only love and happiness. Her family knows this too, but it so hard on her kids.. and grandkids. One day they will understand it better, just like I am understanding my Dad's passing more each day..

Mostly I just miss her and my Dad. She was a HOOT! so fun.

I am finally without appetite, and that feels good. Of course you know head hunger never seems to really go away. I MUST KEEP BUSY!!!

Hope your day is going well, enjoy the weekend!!
Old 02-01-2013, 05:57 AM   #150
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Stats: Goal Wt-135 lbs! (-8 lbs.)
WOE: Stillman's - Not my lifetime woe!
Start Date: 7/28/14 - 8/17/14
I think being stable with ones weight is better than a trend of gainning. Exercise works on so much more than a number on the scale. I know it is hard to look at the scale when you are doing something that is so good for you but doesn't give you an immediate reward. I guess we are always looking for a reward immediately but it's the longterm reward that is so much more worth it. Okay, I am done trying convince myself of this. Keep workin's it Deb! Have a good Friday and weekend.
MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote