LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2014, 01:26 PM   #1261
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Hey Deb, how's it going? I thought I'd posted in your journal last time but don't see it. Come back out and PLAY!!! Tell your job you have other important matters to attend to, us. Miss you hun, hope you're well and family too.
Awe Shari Thanks! I miss you guys too! Tax SEASON is upon us, and that means work, stress, eating. ugh... I am so not doing well!!!! I need to get back in gear quickly, I am in the DANGER ZONE.. haha.. I will try to get back here more, I know that is why I am not in any kind of control I need you guys too!..

I'll check back after work.
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2014, 07:12 PM   #1262

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186/179-mini goal
WOE: hcg 2.0
you know I understand, I've already been in my danger or as I say 'no-no' zone for a minute. Understandable that you're busy, I forgot tax season is a really busy time for you. I'm trying to make a real effort too of coming back here and posting daily...the encouragement here is like none other.
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 04:47 AM   #1263

Quote:
you know I understand, I've already been in my danger or as I say 'no-no' zone for a minute. Understandable that you're busy, I forgot tax season is a really busy time for you. I'm trying to make a real effort too of coming back here and posting daily...the encouragement here is like none other.
Thanks Shari! I know you understand the struggle! Luckily, or maybe not, we are not working today because of this big snow storm coming. So in a way I can take a moment to reflect on everything and maybe make some kind of choice of a plan.

Saturday we moved my Mom out of her home she shared with my Dad for 28 years, and it was very emotional. ALSO it was very ICY.. could barely get around, but the plans were already set in stone and had to be done. All my siblings and their spouses were helping so it was a big ole joint effort.

The sad part was my Mom was very emotional having to leave, and also she felt like she was asking too much of us to do all that. UM NO MOM, that is what we are for, to help.

So it is almost over there, she closes on her house sale Feb. 14 and will be financially set for the rest of her life. SO HAPPY ABOUT THAT!! She has been the one who never bought anything for herself and just took care of everyone else. So NOW, she will be able to buy some new furniture, clothes, even good steaks she loves.. She always lived like a poor person although she wasn't. No excuses now Mom, you got some MOOHLA!!

I think a combination of dealing with her situation, the anniversary of my Dad's passing, insanely busy at work etc etc, just really got me off track of thinking about my own health. I must get myself together, because I have gained... over 20 pounds!! OMG!.. Got on the scale this morning and almost cried..

How does this happen in 2 months? Holy smokes. I know how, I am not eating well AT ALL. I have not consistantly done any exercise. I do things, but nothing like I was. I am sore, tired and cranky.. BLOATED.. I should just jump right on the LC bandwagon. One meal at a time. That is the only thing besides HCG that gets bloat off me.

I am NOT Ready for HCG again, although I have plenty. I am not ready for my Hawaii trip.. ugh... WINTER blues.. for sure. I will figure it out. Good to see you posting Shari, and Gracie. Just have to do it.
Old 02-04-2014, 09:27 AM   #1264

Wow, a lot has happened. I can certainly understand the emotional component related to your dad and mom now having to move. A lot of memories, I can't even begin to comprehend. I'm glad to hear that after all these years her living like a poor person will now reap benefits. Also, to move when icy...couldn't be good but glad to hear it was done successfully.

Isn't it incredible how much weight can be gained in just a couple months?! It's like the fat cells are and doubling by the day when we totally let go temporarily. Just committing to low carb is good now, especially with so much going on. We're suppose to get maybe freezing rain overnight but the temps have been tricky the past few days. Hope you're able to get some well needed rest today. How many inches are they predicting?
Old 02-04-2014, 09:43 AM   #1265

Quote:
Wow, a lot has happened. I can certainly understand the emotional component related to your dad and mom now having to move. A lot of memories, I can't even begin to comprehend. I'm glad to hear that after all these years her living like a poor person will now reap benefits. Also, to move when icy...couldn't be good but glad to hear it was done successfully.

Isn't it incredible how much weight can be gained in just a couple months?! It's like the fat cells are and doubling by the day when we totally let go temporarily. Just committing to low carb is good now, especially with so much going on. We're suppose to get maybe freezing rain overnight but the temps have been tricky the past few days. Hope you're able to get some well needed rest today. How many inches are they predicting?
Thanks Shari! We are getting around 10 inches of snow, and it is coming down hard right now. I love that I don't have anywhere to go!

Yes I am also shocked at how easy it is to gain weight! YIKES!!.. today I am concentrating on real whole foods in the form of meat, eggs, veges so far. I will just go with the flow, but nothing FAKE is passing my lips today..

I think that is really a big part of my gain. I was eating convenience foods, something fast, easy and on the go! I am listening to some videos saying if you can't read it, don't eat it!.. So true!
Old 02-06-2014, 04:23 AM   #1266

I'm doing the same, trying to eat/prepare food that is natural, limiting processed food. Hope you and family are able to dig yourselves out of the snow.
Old 02-06-2014, 04:59 AM   #1267

Well we FINALLY got out this morning.. Geeze. our city does not touch any subdivisions until all the main roads are clear. So we have been housebound. The good news is we had plenty of LC foods, MEAT.. haha..

The most fun thing happened yesterday, I had been connecting with old friends on Facebook from my California growing up days and had found one friend up to now. Then yesterday out of the blue, we found one more friend, who led to a constant stream of friends we grew up with on the block.

It was SO FUN to catch up and we have made plans to get together this summer at the beach house of one of my old friends. . Excited!

Now what this did to my motivation was amazing.. I am so ready to get this done, I want to see everyone and not as a blob...

Did anyone watch the Biggest Loser Finale? I was SHOCKED by the winner, and both my husband and I said at the same time.. WOW she is way too skinny. Now there are articles and uproar all over the internet about it.

In any case, that will never be my problem, but it is for sure a problem!

BACK TO WORK I GO! have a great day all!
Old 02-06-2014, 11:22 AM   #1268
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Hi there! on mom moving...bittersweet I'm sure. It's nice she'll be financially secure...that's a huge relief!

How neat you're reuniting with old friends!! What wonderful motivation!
Hawaii will be amazing too, but the summer is a good target.

I'm right there with you. I'm up at least 15lbs over my LDW of only a few months ago...my jeans are too tight, some not even fitting, and my muffin top is huge! I don't want to do an hcg round just to get back the for a few weeks only to be in the same boat again. I'm taking a short break from the gym because of my car accident last week, but hope to at last get Zumba in next week.

We will get it. I need to find my motivation too.

And I agree about biggest loser, she looked awful. I didn't think she had a chance to win, she would need to lose to about 105 to do it, and she did. Anorexic looking ...so sad .
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 12:43 PM   #1269

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Hi there! on mom moving...bittersweet I'm sure. It's nice she'll be financially secure...that's a huge relief!

How neat you're reuniting with old friends!! What wonderful motivation!
Hawaii will be amazing too, but the summer is a good target.

I'm right there with you. I'm up at least 15lbs over my LDW of only a few months ago...my jeans are too tight, some not even fitting, and my muffin top is huge! I don't want to do an hcg round just to get back the for a few weeks only to be in the same boat again. I'm taking a short break from the gym because of my car accident last week, but hope to at last get Zumba in next week.

We will get it. I need to find my motivation too.

And I agree about biggest loser, she looked awful. I didn't think she had a chance to win, she would need to lose to about 105 to do it, and she did. Anorexic looking ...so sad .
Thanks Julie, I didn't know you had an accident! I hope you are ok! Take care and get healed up before you do too much at the gym.

I hope you also find your motivation and actually I know you will when you get a moment to think about YOU for a bit. Sounds like you are one busy lady! I think I would be pulling my hair out at this point of what you are going through.

My Mom is doing so much better after a few days in her new house. She is really liking the small cozy place in a lovely little neighborhood. Her next door neighbor came over and it turned out she knows my sister very well! Funny, but she told her to call her at any time if she needed anything! So sweet.

I hope things get better with your Mom too. I think our Moms are close to the same age. She fell again? UGH!.. may she heal quickly..

I will check in later.. but have a great rest of the day!.. So glad you stopped by!
Old 02-11-2014, 03:53 AM   #1270

Hey Deb, FB is great for connecting with old friends, and now you have plans to meet up, nice! Yes, it is motivation to stick to plan...so now you have two great events to look forward to! Glad to hear about your mom, how sweet of the neighbor to look out for her too and yes, it's surprising how small the world is...what a coincidence! I too think the winner of BL is too skinny, she doesn't look like she had a 'healthy' loss since it was so quick. Hopefully as her body adjusts to her new size, she'll look more healthy

Julie~ I too am about 15 lbs over my normal weight, so I understand how you feel. It's tough and challenging..this weight loss thing.

Last edited by shari; 02-11-2014 at 03:59 AM..
Old 02-11-2014, 04:03 AM   #1271

Quote:
Hey Deb, FB is great for connecting with old friends, and now you have plans to meet up, nice! Yes, it is motivation to stick to plan...so now you have two great events to look forward to! Glad to hear about your mom, how sweet of the neighbor to look out for her too and yes, it's surprising how small the world is...what a coincidence!
Thanks Shari!! I guess it really is as they say, everything happens for a reason?? I had a wonderful day yesterday!!! So happy

Hope all went well for you too!!! So glad you stopped by.

I am very excited about Hawaii, I guess I will be whatever I am, but I am going to enjoy it. I am so tired of WINTER.. please spring, come soon.

Since I reconnected with my buddies I have been in contact pretty much daily. It is like the past 30 years or so, were just a blip.. haha.. we just picked up where we left off! So fun!

Have a great day! I sure am!!
Old 02-11-2014, 06:22 PM   #1272
Big Yapper!!!!

I want to go to Hawaii too!! Take me with you...

Shari and deb-Maybe we can all get to our goals by summer...working on the "slow and steady wins the race" approach . Tough adjustment after hcg losses.
Old 02-12-2014, 04:13 AM   #1273

Quote:
I want to go to Hawaii too!! Take me with you...

Shari and deb-Maybe we can all get to our goals by summer...working on the "slow and steady wins the race" approach . Tough adjustment after hcg losses.
Thanks Julie! I sure hope to be to my goal by summer's end. I am very motivated right now, and hope it continues! Sure join us in Hawaii!.. I have a really big suitcase..

A very successful day yesterday! Down 4.5 since Sunday. Happy happy happy!!!
Old 02-17-2014, 07:24 AM   #1274
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jenmay78
Stats: 284.6/237.8/199
WOE: Weight loss surgery/JUDDD
Start Date: June 10, 2013
Hi lady! Missed you...sooooo much. I have been so busy with work, life, etc. I haven't looked at the scale in a few weeks. Starting HC Atkins tomorrow. We can do this!!!
Jenmay78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 07:32 AM   #1275

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenmay78 View Post
Hi lady! Missed you...sooooo much. I have been so busy with work, life, etc. I haven't looked at the scale in a few weeks. Starting HC Atkins tomorrow. We can do this!!!
Wonderful Jen!! So happy to hear from you!. I know you will be successful girly! What is HC Atkins?

I had a very successful weekend, and am back to the old grind at work today.. fun fun!
Old 02-18-2014, 05:30 PM   #1276
Big Yapper!!!!

You're doing great!! I'm up but it's well earned. I'm giving the lower calories another shot, but am thinking I'll run back to LC...it's just easier than counting every morsel I eat. I do like the variety though... Sigh. Now I have 20lbs to lose .
Old 02-19-2014, 03:12 AM   #1277

Quote:
You're doing great!! I'm up but it's well earned. I'm giving the lower calories another shot, but am thinking I'll run back to LC...it's just easier than counting every morsel I eat. I do like the variety though... Sigh. Now I have 20lbs to lose .
Oh Julie, I have much more than that! Just do what you have to do, and you have been there before and know what is best for you.. I also hate counting every morsel. I would rather know what to choose from and then that is what I eat.. Ugh, it is always a struggle! Good luck Julie, we are cheering you on!!..
Old 02-21-2014, 07:51 AM   #1278
Big Yapper!!!!

I'm back to LC...just easier and I always know what a good choice is...I just hope it'll work for me!! I'll see, for now, there is enough recent gain that it should at least get me 10 lbs, beyond that I'll need to see. But, for now, bacon and eggs it is . Hope you have a great weekend!
Old 02-21-2014, 07:55 AM   #1279

Quote:
I'm back to LC...just easier and I always know what a good choice is...I just hope it'll work for me!! I'll see, for now, there is enough recent gain that it should at least get me 10 lbs, beyond that I'll need to see. But, for now, bacon and eggs it is . Hope you have a great weekend!
Thank you Julie! I hope LC works for you too! I also agree, that recent weight seems to come off so much faster if we can get to it right away!

It is when we ignore it, or let is sit for awhile, that it seems to stick.. UGH!! I am working on it now though, day by day, I am going to shrink!

I actually did buy a body bugg to wear on my arm to give me an idea of what I burn in a day. As of right now, I have no idea.. It will be here Monday!..
Old 02-23-2014, 06:48 PM   #1280
Major LCF Poster!

Hc stands for hard core ��
Old 02-23-2014, 10:41 PM   #1281
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: JulieC
Start Date: February 17, 2014
Hi, Deb;
I found your journal and started reading at the beginning; I'm really interested in the HHCG drops. Sounds like they have worked very well for many. After reading several months'-worth I've skipped ahead and have a question...(or two :-)...it seems many of the drops that were available a few years ago are no longer out there. Did the gov't pull them and if so, are the ones still on the market as potent? I don't want to put you on the spot but you seem to be the "expert" or anyone else can jump in, too! Any recommendations? Thank you!
Julie
JulieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 01:16 PM   #1282

Quote:
Hc stands for hard core ��

OH OK!!.. haha Glad you are HC! then

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieC View Post
Hi, Deb;
I found your journal and started reading at the beginning; I'm really interested in the HHCG drops. Sounds like they have worked very well for many. After reading several months'-worth I've skipped ahead and have a question...(or two :-)...it seems many of the drops that were available a few years ago are no longer out there. Did the gov't pull them and if so, are the ones still on the market as potent? I don't want to put you on the spot but you seem to be the "expert" or anyone else can jump in, too! Any recommendations? Thank you!
Julie
Hi Julie! I know that many of the drops are no longer on the market, and that is too bad. They didn't harm the govt but the govt didn't like it..

If you do a google search, there are still many brands out there, but if you get the HHCG, make sure it list HCG as an ingredient followed by 3x 6x and so on.

The fake ones, do not list HCG at all, and are worthless in my opinion. I wish you the best!! I do wish I could get the ones I used to use long ago, but they are out, with no date in sight for more.

Also check out the HCG forums here on the site for lots more info!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/hcg-diets/
Old 02-25-2014, 08:14 AM   #1283

I have been neglecting my journal, but I am doing well. I am on a round, yep, I am. Didn't want to discuss it too much, but I am on day 16 and down 14.9. Doing it my way of course. Between 800 and 1000/day. My metabolism is so screwy, I may as well get to goal, then start working my way back to something more normal in eating.

I got my Body Bugg and I LOVE IT!!!! However, it confirmed what I already knew that I am not burning many cals which explains why I can't lose on normal amounts anymore. I am adding in more daily activity, not just exercise, but getting up and walking around more at work. I am deskbound all day, so that sure does not help!.. I also sleep very poorly, which is another thing against losing weight.

So excited to get this thing done, no matter what.
Old 02-27-2014, 06:57 PM   #1284
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Deb,

I just read about your new round. I am so happy for you. You have done so well with maintaining. Yes, I've seen the gains and the losses, but I love the passion you have and so proud of you. Tell me more about the Body Bugg. I want to have something like this for my exercise routine. Why did you choose this over fit bit and others out there....xoxoxoxo
I love your face.
Old 02-28-2014, 06:55 AM   #1285

Quote:
Hi Deb,

I just read about your new round. I am so happy for you. You have done so well with maintaining. Yes, I've seen the gains and the losses, but I love the passion you have and so proud of you. Tell me more about the Body Bugg. I want to have something like this for my exercise routine. Why did you choose this over fit bit and others out there....xoxoxoxo
I love your face.
Haha.. oh Jen you are so precious!!.. thank you, I am keeping this 20 off for good now once I achieve it.. I am going as long as it takes to get the 20 off and I know I will. Having the Body Bugg is really helping me see what my burn is each day and how I can improve that.

I chose it because of a video I watched where this lady took off 167 pounds using WW and her Body Bugg. She tracked her calories, and always kept a deficit of 1000 or more cals a day. I am doing that right now, but when I start eating more, I still want that deficit.

With the Body Bugg, it tracks so many more things than I knew it could. My sleep is so interesting to see how much I actually do sleep, and how much up and down I do. It also shows you how much you lay there, and how much you are in a deep sleep. I needed to know this.

I never had a fit bit so I can't really compare it. It may be better, but I don't know.. I found a great price down from when I was looking years ago ( over $500) to now, at $65. Could not resist!!!

I hope you find something you like to track your cal burn, whatever it is, because I know I am going to stay on track using this. I love SEEING the progress!!

Good luck Jen!!! So excited for you!!
Old 02-28-2014, 06:01 PM   #1286
Major LCF Poster!

Hiya Deb!

That's an amazing story about the lady and her body bugg. I need to buy something and like what you say so I may look at one of those. I'll google it and do my research. I heart u sooooo much. I hope one day we can meet. You are one of those people I will never forget Well, enough with the mooshies... lol!

Be well and have a great weekend. I'll post more frequently as I want to document my transformation.
Old 03-02-2014, 06:21 AM   #1287

Quote:
Hiya Deb!

That's an amazing story about the lady and her body bugg. I need to buy something and like what you say so I may look at one of those. I'll google it and do my research. I heart u sooooo much. I hope one day we can meet. You are one of those people I will never forget Well, enough with the mooshies... lol!

Be well and have a great weekend. I'll post more frequently as I want to document my transformation.
Awe thanks Jen!!.. It would be wonderful to meet you some day, and the other fun supportive friends I have made on here.

I am so excited to hear how things go for you!!!.. I am way too chicken to even consider it, and probably would not qualify, but have always thought how it would be to be able to just keep on losing till goal.. I know some don't make that happen, but alot DO!.. it all depends on the individual.

I know you will make the most of this opportunity!!.. Sending prayers to you for a great successful surgery! check in when you can!
Old 03-03-2014, 06:57 AM   #1288
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lexiann21
Stats: 256/215.6/175
WOE: Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: March 2013
Hi Deb, longtime no talk How ya been?
lexiann21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 07:02 AM   #1289

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexiann21 View Post
Hi Deb, longtime no talk How ya been?
Lexi!! I was about to send out a search party for you!.. I need to read your journal to see what you have been up to girl!.. All is well here, I am plugging along trying to get to a good place on the scale.. always a challenge!..
Old 03-03-2014, 07:53 AM   #1290
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lexiann21
Stats: 256/215.6/175
WOE: Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: March 2013
HAHA yea i didn't post for close to a month. dunno why? maybe just needed a break.
lexiann21 is offline   Reply With Quote