LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2013, 08:28 AM   #1171
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexiann21 View Post
My carb cycling i started this week has been going well so far maybe you guys can look into that? I read Chris Powells "choose more lose more" and i'm following his Turbo Plan.
Thanks Lexi! I have the book on my kindle, just need to take some time and really read it. This weekend looks like a great FREEZING time to do that!..
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2013, 09:00 AM   #1172
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lexiann21
Stats: 256/215.6/175
WOE: Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: March 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
Thanks Lexi! I have the book on my kindle, just need to take some time and really read it. This weekend looks like a great FREEZING time to do that!..
Yup i think you should. alot in the beginning i could take or leave, i just wanted to get to the heart of the plan so i skimmed alot. but when im planning my meals for next week tomorrow im going to have to take a look.
lexiann21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 09:47 AM   #1173

Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Hi Deb Seems like you've found your groove I'm still struggling with the holidays and exercising. I'm interested in Chris Powell's plan. Can you tell me the gist of it? I see you can do two LC days then one HC day. What are the level of carbs and foods he recommends? Or maybe LEXIANN can answer?

Sorry to be a PITA but I'm looking for anything to motivate me. I like the idea of rotating LC and HC days. THANK YOU for you help
Gracie514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 09:54 AM   #1174

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
Hi Deb Seems like you've found your groove I'm still struggling with the holidays and exercising. I'm interested in Chris Powell's plan. Can you tell me the gist of it? I see you can do two LC days then one HC day. What are the level of carbs and foods he recommends? Or maybe LEXIANN can answer?

Sorry to be a PITA but I'm looking for anything to motivate me. I like the idea of rotating LC and HC days. THANK YOU for you help
No problem! Hi Gracie!!! I am reading it sort of at work, but what I see so far is he wants you to alternate High Carb and Low carb days with one free day a week.

5 meals a day on all those days. 4 high carb days and 3 low carb days.

Now I need to figure out what foods he wants us to eat.. haha..

He says on the 3 low carb days you still should eat a High Carb breakfast.

One Carb option and One Protein option.
then the rest of the day 4 low carb meals of protein, fat, and veges.

High carb days are 1 carb and 1 protein each of the 5 meals. You can have veges if you want them.

Your Free day should be a High Carb Day. It can be all day, or you could do one cheat meal every day on your high carb days. BUT NOT at dinner!

Wow, so much more to read. I'll let ya know if Lexi doesn't check in.
Old 12-05-2013, 10:16 AM   #1175

Quote:
No problem! Hi Gracie!!! I am reading it sort of at work, but what I see so far is he wants you to alternate High Carb and Low carb days with one free day a week.

High carb days are 1 carb and 1 protein each of the 5 meals. You can have veges if you want them.

Your Free day should be a High Carb Day. It can be all day, or you could do one cheat meal every day on your high carb days. BUT NOT at dinner!

Yikes! That's a lot to take in and digest So, 5 meals a day, every day a HC breakfast. I wonder if he has sample menus to look at. Does he include all carbs, even the bad ones like white pasta, potatoes, etc.? Maybe I need to just invest in the book I've bought so many diet books though that I hate purchasing another....
Old 12-05-2013, 10:25 AM   #1176

Quote:
Yikes! That's a lot to take in and digest So, 5 meals a day, every day a HC breakfast. I wonder if he has sample menus to look at. Does he include all carbs, even the bad ones like white pasta, potatoes, etc.? Maybe I need to just invest in the book I've bought so many diet books though that I hate purchasing another....
From what I have seen, he does not want you to eat bad carbs. BUT, he does include any potatoes, wild rice, brown rice, popcorn! ( yay ) whole grain pasta, peas, corn, beans, and lentils. Whole grain bread, Ezekial bread, english muffins, tortillas ( corn or ezekial) All bran, fiber one, Kashi, oatmeal. All fruits.

The protein is low fat though, ugh. Oh well, if it helps me lose! I'll be back later with proteins.

ok so fats are Dairy: Cheese- low fat, egg yolk, feta cheese, heavy cream, mozzarella cheese, dressings balsamic ving. mayo, creamy salad dressing, avocado, olives, almond butter, almonds, peanut butter, peanuts, pecans, pumpkin seeds, sesame butter, sunflower seeds, walnuts. Canola oil, fish oil, flaxseed oil, olive oil.

Drinks Water, Almond milk unsweetened. Coffee and Tea.

Proteins, cottage cheese, egg subs, egg whites, yogurt nonfat plain or greek, chicken, breast or thighs, turkey, deli ok if low sodium, ground turkey.
protein powders,
Red meat: Beef ( extra lean) Roast Beef deli ok if low sodium, Cube Steak, round Steak, flank Steak. Elk or Venison.
Salmon, Shellfish, Tuna in water, White fish, Tofu. yum.. haha

Protein is mandatory at each meal HIGH or LOW carb days

Protein, Fats and veges are required at each meal on LOW carb days.

Still reading!..

Last edited by Deb294evr; 12-05-2013 at 10:37 AM..
Old 12-05-2013, 10:40 AM   #1177

Quote:
From what I have seen, he does not want you to eat bad carbs. BUT, he does include any potatoes, wild rice, brown rice, popcorn! ( yay ) whole grain pasta, peas, corn, beans, and lentils. Whole grain bread, Ezekial bread, english muffins, tortillas ( corn or ezekial) All bran, fiber one, Kashi, oatmeal. All fruits.

The protein is low fat though, ugh. Oh well, if it helps me lose! I'll be back later with proteins.

ok so fats are Dairy: Cheese- low fat, egg yolk, feta cheese, heavy cream, mozzarella cheese, dressings balsamic ving. mayo, creamy salad dressing, avocado, olives, almond butter, almonds, peanut butter, peanuts, pecans, pumpkin seeds, sesame butter, sunflower seeds, walnuts. Canola oil, fish oil, flaxseed oil, olive oil.

Drinks Water, Almond milk unsweetened. Coffee and Tea.

Proteins, cottage cheese, egg subs, egg whites, yogurt nonfat plain or greek, chicken, breast or thighs, turkey, deli ok if low sodium, ground turkey.
protein powders,
Red meat: Beef ( extra lean) Roast Beef deli ok if low sodium, Cube Steak, round Steak, flank Steak. Elk or Venison.
Salmon, Shellfish, Tuna in water, White fish, Tofu. yum.. haha

Protein is mandatory at each meal HIGH or LOW carb days

Protein, Fats and veges are required at each meal on LOW carb days.

Still reading!..
I'm understanding it! Is there a calorie range he wants us to stay in as well? All fruits confuses me - is fruit allowed on LC days?
Old 12-05-2013, 11:11 AM   #1178

Quote:
I'm understanding it! Is there a calorie range he wants us to stay in as well? All fruits confuses me - is fruit allowed on LC days?
OK, so he says you can have your portion of fruit combined with protein at the first meal of the day. That is low carb days.

High carb days fruit is ok at meals. Cals 1200 on LC days, 1500 on High carb days.. and no real count on your free days, but around 2400 ish for women.

Seems low on the calories for me, but if it works! hummm

sample breakfast any day
protein- 4 egg whites
carb - 1/2 whole grain english muffin or 2 corn tortillas
vege- tomato slices
flavor- salsa
fruit?

Still have to figure this out.. hard to do while working..
Old 12-05-2013, 11:27 AM   #1179

Go to Chris Powell's website and he has some good info on there too. Look at the right side under Most Popular. He shows some examples of Carb Cycling days.
Old 12-05-2013, 12:14 PM   #1180
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

He explains it all so well on his website, to be honest i wish i hadn't bought the book. I also found a grocery list on Dr. Oz website that has proven helpful.

there are four different cycles to choose from. I am following the turbo cycle. i have Two LC days followed by one HC day then repeat for the next three days and on the 7th day is your reward day.

You do not track carbs but he does recommend women stick to 1200 cals (i eat more than that if i get in a really good workout) on LC days and 1500 on HC days. You eat 5 small meals per day starting with breakfast 30 minutes within waking (im usually at 60) and each meal in three hour increments after.

breakfast is the same on both days Protein + carb + veggie, then on LC days the rest of the day is Protein + veggie + healthy fat and on HC days its Protein + veggie + complex carb.

I am eating very clean and not starving myself. I like to keep the body guessing.

current weight
215.6 as of 08/08/2014
End of August = 210 or less
End of October = 200 or less
End of December = 190 or less
End of February = 180 or less
End of April = 170 or less
Old 12-05-2013, 12:15 PM   #1181
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

Deb, which book are you reading? The first book doesnt have the 4 options i think it just has easy/classic style. The second book "Choose More Lose More" is the copy i have and it has the 4 different styles. For example since im following turbo I have to LC days in a row to one HC day with one reward day.
Old 12-05-2013, 12:18 PM   #1182

Quote:
Deb, which book are you reading? The first book doesnt have the 4 options i think it just has easy/classic style. The second book "Choose More Lose More" is the copy i have and it has the 4 different styles. For example since im following turbo I have to LC days in a row to one HC day with one reward day.
Yes, I don't see the 4 options until I go to his website. I think mine is the first book.. I like the website better. Thanks!!
Old 12-05-2013, 12:20 PM   #1183
Major LCF Poster!

You guys have to check out the DR oz site for the grocery list. it gives each protein, carb, veggie, fat examples. its going to help me so much with planning my menu so i don't get stuck eating the same things.

heres an example of a LC day for me

Meal 1- egg brocolli and cheese muffins with 1 piece ezekial cinnamon raisin bread toasted.
Meal 2 -one cup of 1% cottage cheese (protein) one tomato (veggie) and half and avocado (healthy fat)
Meal 3- usually this is lunch-i'll have a protein chicken or beef with a veggie and olive oil
meal 4- 1/2 cup of plain 0% greek yogurt with a packet of stevia. Celery sticks with one tablespoon of Natural PB
meal 5 - usually this is dinner-4 oz lean protein, veggie, healthy fat like olive oil-

tonight for dinner im making heidis garlic Parmesan chicken with creamed spinach
Old 12-05-2013, 12:21 PM   #1184
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Yes, I don't see the 4 options until I go to his website. I think mine is the first book.. I like the website better. Thanks!!
me too! and you're welcome!
Old 12-05-2013, 12:56 PM   #1185

Thank you both so much!!! I've already signed up at Chris Powell's site and now I have to visit Dr. Oz's site. I've never had 5 meals a day - probably why I find myself binge eating at night I can't seem to get into any groove lately. Hoping this will help
Old 12-05-2013, 01:08 PM   #1186
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Thank you both so much!!! I've already signed up at Chris Powell's site and now I have to visit Dr. Oz's site. I've never had 5 meals a day - probably why I find myself binge eating at night I can't seem to get into any groove lately. Hoping this will help
You're welcome!! Its all about the planning. If you do it you will be successful! "Failing to plan is planning to fail".
Old 12-05-2013, 01:21 PM   #1187

Quote:
You're welcome!! Its all about the planning. If you do it you will be successful! "Failing to plan is planning to fail".
I went to Dr. Oz's website and got the list and viewed the videos. Question: when do you eat fruits? I didn't see them included in any of his sample menus. I'm assuming on HC days and none on LC days...
Old 12-06-2013, 05:35 AM   #1188

I still don't know the answer about fruit.. Lexi???
Old 12-09-2013, 07:07 AM   #1189
Major LCF Poster!

on my LC days if i wanted fruit i would only have it in the am, but usually i just have one piece of ezekial cinnamon raisin bread toasted.

I only eat fruit on reward days and HC days. So for example my mid morning meal i eat around 1030/11 so i would eat a protein + veggie + complex carb. usually thats cottage cheese + veggie + apple/orange for my complex carb.
Old 12-09-2013, 07:09 AM   #1190

Quote:
on my LC days if i wanted fruit i would only have it in the am, but usually i just have one piece of ezekial cinnamon raisin bread toasted.

I only eat fruit on reward days and HC days. So for example my mid morning meal i eat around 1030/11 so i would eat a protein + veggie + complex carb. usually thats cottage cheese + veggie + apple/orange for my complex carb.
Thanks for the info! Are you liking this way of eating?
Old 12-09-2013, 07:14 AM   #1191
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Thanks for the info! Are you liking this way of eating?
I'm liking it very much. Im not finding it very hard at all. in fact its been easy to say no to bad goods etc. i'm never super hungry. In fact the weekends use to be the toughest for me. i have LC days on sundays now and i was home all day yesterday and stuck to it! My reward day saturday was nice but i got way too full lol.
Old 12-09-2013, 07:21 AM   #1192

Quote:
I'm liking it very much. Im not finding it very hard at all. in fact its been easy to say no to bad goods etc. i'm never super hungry. In fact the weekends use to be the toughest for me. i have LC days on sundays now and i was home all day yesterday and stuck to it! My reward day saturday was nice but i got way too full lol.
This is great to hear!! Just reading it, it sounded kind of confusing, but putting it into practice like you have, makes it much more doable! Glad you are enjoying it!. May have to give it a try, just to switch things up! Thanks again!
Old 12-09-2013, 09:58 AM   #1193
Major LCF Poster!

it is very confusing but if you think about it like this 5 meals a day, each meal you are eating a protein + veggie, on LC days add a healthy fat on HC days add a complex carb.
Old 12-09-2013, 10:12 AM   #1194

Quote:
it is very confusing but if you think about it like this 5 meals a day, each meal you are eating a protein + veggie, on LC days add a healthy fat on HC days add a complex carb.
Much easier that way!
Old 12-09-2013, 10:20 AM   #1195
Major LCF Poster!

look at you, you're almost at 100 lbs lost. what an accomplishment.
Old 12-09-2013, 10:22 AM   #1196

Quote:
look at you, you're almost at 100 lbs lost. what an accomplishment.
Thanks Lexi! the majority has been off since 2010, so it tells you I am spinning my wheels!.. still much better than I was! FOR SURE!..
Old 12-09-2013, 10:55 AM   #1197
Major LCF Poster!

that's success, you haven't gained it all back. its been 4 years!
Old 12-09-2013, 10:58 AM   #1198

Quote:
that's success, you haven't gained it all back. its been 4 years!
I agree! I am grateful and thankful that I have kept it off.. I really cannot complain. I just wish I would have hit closer to goal before I started to maintain.. HOWEVER.. I will get there!!! like the turtle.. slow but maybe it will be for keeps!!
Old 12-11-2013, 05:18 AM   #1199

It has been kinda slow around these parts! Still plugging away with my lower carb eating, only eating enough, and learning to stop when I don't need anymore.. it is a challenge. Using some of Chris Powell's ideas of higher carb days and lower carb days, but nothing real specific.

I have a feeling after these holiday parties and things are over, I will be able to buckle down to a more structured plan. IF that is what will work for me.. who knows..

Hope everyone is doing well! See most of you back around Jan.1 HAHA...
Old 12-11-2013, 07:26 AM   #1200
Major LCF Poster!

yea its hard to get through this month! people keep bringing in treats to work and they are serving pizza for lunch today too UGH im honestly glad im following a specific plan so i can just avoid it altogether!