Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2013, 09:12 AM   #991
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/work in progress/140?
WOE: LC/HCG
I think this is my 27th VLCD, but I am kinda lost in the count since I took a planned interruption. Anyway. Down another .8 and a total of -23.8 I think? I really really need to keep better track if I am going to report this..

I am moving further away from HCG 2.0 in the fact of limiting my carbs that much. I love fruit, and I love veges and if I go over that limit he has I don't sweat it at all. My cals are what counts and my protein. Had over 850 yesterday, but again, am not going to sweat it.

We shall see how long I go, as long as I have no hunger, and I feel good and am losing I will continue. Hopefully go a long round of 43 days. I don't commit to that because at this point I can stop anytime I feel like I need to. SO FAR SO GOOD!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-2013, 05:44 PM   #992
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/161.6/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
I think this is my 27th VLCD, but I am kinda lost in the count since I took a planned interruption. Anyway. Down another .8 and a total of -23.8 I think? I really really need to keep better track if I am going to report this..

I am moving further away from HCG 2.0 in the fact of limiting my carbs that much. I love fruit, and I love veges and if I go over that limit he has I don't sweat it at all. My cals are what counts and my protein. Had over 850 yesterday, but again, am not going to sweat it.

We shall see how long I go, as long as I have no hunger, and I feel good and am losing I will continue. Hopefully go a long round of 43 days. I don't commit to that because at this point I can stop anytime I feel like I need to. SO FAR SO GOOD!!!
Just what I needed to read, as I'm debating which route to take. The lower carbs will hasten ketosis, but I love my apples! losing will be such a nice change of pace for me! It's been WAY too long!!
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 05:08 AM   #993

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Just what I needed to read, as I'm debating which route to take. The lower carbs will hasten ketosis, but I love my apples! losing will be such a nice change of pace for me! It's been WAY too long!!
I know!! I am glad I decided to eat the food before and get my temps up, because it allowed me to start exercising regularly where I may not have had the guts to start before that. NOW I am glad to be able to lose that fat and still exercise!

I love love love my fruit, as I have always said, so this works. I like the science behind HCG 2.0 as far as protein goes, and unlimited veges. I just don't like the limit of 30 net. I am always in Ketosis on HCG even with the fruit, so I don't want to deprive myself if I don't have to.

Good luck Julie!!!
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:54 AM   #994

Just a quickie but I decided to check the hcg on a preg test out of the blue yesterday. Just always curious what it would do. 88 cent test from Walmart and it was positive. Funny how such a very small amount tests positive. oh well. All is good!

Monday morning weigh in 2 hours earlier and I stayed the same on the scale, which means had I weighed on my weekend time zone, I would have lost. YIPPEE.. happy.
Old 09-30-2013, 08:29 AM   #995

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/???/160-mini goal
WOE: Low carb
Wow, you're doing fantastic Deb!! I love eating fruit again daily too so I'd choose the option of having fruit daily too. Plus I was reading that there is a question if eliminating fruit causes carb sensitivity when adding unrestricted food again. You're doing what works so no worries for you! Thanks for all your support.
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:33 AM   #996

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Wow, you're doing fantastic Deb!! I love eating fruit again daily too so I'd choose the option of having fruit daily too. Plus I was reading that there is a question if eliminating fruit causes carb sensitivity when adding unrestricted food again. You're doing what works so no worries for you! Thanks for all your support.
Thanks Shari!! I read that too, and the last thing I want to do is be sensitive to fruit when I get to maintenance! I love it too much to limit it then.
You are welcome for the support and I want to thank you for yours too!!

Whatever it takes!!!
Old 09-30-2013, 10:14 AM   #997
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lexiann21
Stats: 256/210.6/175
WOE: diet/exercise
Start Date: March 2013
Quote:
Just a quickie but I decided to check the hcg on a preg test out of the blue yesterday. Just always curious what it would do. 88 cent test from Walmart and it was positive. Funny how such a very small amount tests positive. oh well. All is good!

Monday morning weigh in 2 hours earlier and I stayed the same on the scale, which means had I weighed on my weekend time zone, I would have lost. YIPPEE.. happy.
lol this made me giggle.
lexiann21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 10:22 AM   #998

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexiann21 View Post
lol this made me giggle.
Can you imagine what the Walmart Clerk was thinking when an old lady is buying 2 pregnancy tests?
Old 09-30-2013, 10:52 AM   #999
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Can you imagine what the Walmart Clerk was thinking when an old lady is buying 2 pregnancy tests?
lol. i don't think i would have judged. you never know these days hahaha!
Old 09-30-2013, 06:34 PM   #1000
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jenmay78
Stats: 284.6/259.8/199
WOE: IF and Calorie Counting
Start Date: June 10, 2013
Hi Deb! Holy crappola!! I am so excited for you...I had my sneaking suspicions that you were on the HCG again!! Bahahahaha....I may go back to mine to get this weight off again..it is such a great motivator that allows me to slip into something that works better...plus I have food add. Good for you Deb! I knew you would eat the food and continue on your path to healthiness!
Jenmay78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:27 PM   #1001
Big Yapper!!!!

I'm loading!! I'm actually looking forward to the lower cals tomorrow and feeling empty again! I need to remember this full feeling in a few weeks when I'm missing food!

You're doing great!! I'm gonna try to stay off the scale more, but it's so hard!! You're amazing!! I'm really happy for you and inspired!
Old 10-01-2013, 03:02 AM   #1002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenmay78 View Post
Hi Deb! Holy crappola!! I am so excited for you...I had my sneaking suspicions that you were on the HCG again!! Bahahahaha....I may go back to mine to get this weight off again..it is such a great motivator that allows me to slip into something that works better...plus I have food add. Good for you Deb! I knew you would eat the food and continue on your path to healthiness!
JEN!! Glad you stopped by! Miss you girl! Yep, nothing takes the weight off like a round of HCG.. haha.. I did get rid of all my HHCG, so wanted to try RX. Honestly I don't see much hunger difference at all between this and my drops. I just find it easier with the once a day shot. However, if I have to continue rounds I will go back to my drops the next time I need something.

LOVE it though, I am not as bored with the food on Dr Lipmans plan. Also adding in some wisdom from Dr Emma and the HCG 2.0 plan. I am making this my own. I am also not going to count any weigh ins during the week. I get up too darn early. Hope you are doing well!!

Quote:
I'm loading!! I'm actually looking forward to the lower cals tomorrow and feeling empty again! I need to remember this full feeling in a few weeks when I'm missing food!

You're doing great!! I'm gonna try to stay off the scale more, but it's so hard!! You're amazing!! I'm really happy for you and inspired!
Thank you for all your support!

GO JULIE!! I know exactly what you mean about wanting that empty feeling again. I also love having a NOT stuffed feeling. Have a great first day with the VLCD!!!
Old 10-01-2013, 06:47 AM   #1003

LOL @ the pregnancy comment...like Lexiann said, you never know these days plus you're not 'an old woman' It's great that with additional food you can still lose weight very well, actually it appear that you've lost more doing this newer version.

Julie~ you can do it!!
Old 10-01-2013, 06:50 AM   #1004

Quote:
LOL @ the pregnancy comment...like Lexiann said, you never know these days plus you're not 'an old woman' It's great that with additional food you can still lose weight very well, actually it appear that you've lost more doing this newer version.

Julie~ you can do it!!
Thanks Shari!! YES!!! I have done better, and lasted longer with the new version. This is why I cringe at the fear of those who eat one vege not on the original plan.. good lord...

I am going to hang in there for another 10 days at least, that is how many injections I have left. Then I may do P3 or mix another batch, since I do have the stuff. Oh well, time will tell! So far I am loving the losses!!!

Hope you and "mean green" are doing well today..
Old 10-01-2013, 07:10 AM   #1005

haha, yes 'we' are I know, I'm surprised there are people that still do the original protocol...it has changed so much since we did it in '09. I've been reading up on it, very interesting and I see the losses are the same along with the maintenance of the loss (if done correctly) which is really the most important thing, at least to me. I don't blame you for keeping it going...especially if it's easy now and you're in the zone! Yay for consistent losses!!!
Old 10-01-2013, 07:13 AM   #1006

Quote:
haha, yes 'we' are I know, I'm surprised there are people that still do the original protocol...it has changed so much since we did it in '09. I've been reading up on it, very interesting and I see the losses are the same along with the maintenance of the loss (if done correctly) which is really the most important thing, at least to me. I don't blame you for keeping it going...especially if it's easy now and you're in the zone! Yay for consistent losses!!!
Thanks Shari!!! Yep, and I am going to maintain RIGHT! I don't like doing this over and over again..

I know I will have a round or two to go after this P3 and P4, but the difference is that this time, I know what to do, and how to make it stick.
Old 10-01-2013, 07:26 AM   #1007
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jenmay78
Stats: 284.6/259.8/199
WOE: IF and Calorie Counting
Start Date: June 10, 2013
Good morning Deb! Rock on with the HCG! Woot-Woot!!
Jenmay78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 07:35 AM   #1008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenmay78 View Post
Good morning Deb! Rock on with the HCG! Woot-Woot!!
Thanks Jen!! Good to see you again during the day...

Hope you are having a wonderful Tuesday morning!!
Old 10-01-2013, 05:52 PM   #1009
Big Yapper!!!!

You are rocking it!! Are you ordering your Hcg online? I've still never done an Rx round and would love to see if I experience any differences. Hmmm.

Do you try to get a certain calorie count it? Or just eat the recommended foods? I'm mulling, obviously .

Thanks Shari! Day 1 done only 20 more to go
Old 10-02-2013, 03:13 AM   #1010

Quote:
You are rocking it!! Are you ordering your Hcg online? I've still never done an Rx round and would love to see if I experience any differences. Hmmm.

Do you try to get a certain calorie count it? Or just eat the recommended foods? I'm mulling, obviously .

Thanks Shari! Day 1 done only 20 more to go
Hi Julie! thanks for the support Well I did order mine myself, but of course we can't say too much about that. I did lots of research and reading Dr Emma's thread led me to at least try RX again.

I did try it half hearted one other time, but never even finished a round. This time I was more prepared. I think both HHCG and RX work the same to me, but who knows what really goes on inside our bodies? I just didn't want to be hungry..

So far so good this time. No hunger at 150IU's and I am not doing what DR Emma says about increasing my dosage because I think that is something that should be done in a clinic setting. I am happily losing on this dose and not hungry.

There is a website out there that specifically talks about HCG and all that is involved in getting it and mixing it. You can find it if you google.

Hope your first day is going well Julie!!!
Old 10-02-2013, 01:21 PM   #1011
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks deb! I'll look into it, I have a sinking feeling I may need another round eventually .

Day 1 was fine, day 2 today is going well too. I did my zumba class today (kicked my tushie!) that will be a challenge! Weight triaining tomorrow so we'll see how I feel then. I added a protein shake for "breakfast" after my workouts and that still only gets my cals to about 600. That should be enough to minimize hunger and get the scale moving, I hope! About 75g of protein which is pretty good 1 day at a time!! Wish I was on day 28!! You go girl!!
Old 10-02-2013, 01:25 PM   #1012

Quote:
Thanks deb! I'll look into it, I have a sinking feeling I may need another round eventually .

Day 1 was fine, day 2 today is going well too. I did my zumba class today (kicked my tushie!) that will be a challenge! Weight triaining tomorrow so we'll see how I feel then. I added a protein shake for "breakfast" after my workouts and that still only gets my cals to about 600. That should be enough to minimize hunger and get the scale moving, I hope! About 75g of protein which is pretty good 1 day at a time!! Wish I was on day 28!! You go girl!!
Thanks Julie!! I am really interested in hearing how you are doing with these hard workouts. I know Zumba is a killer!! I don't know how you can eat so low in cals but if it works for you, go for it!

I have to have at least 750 now, sometimes 850. I think I am getting close to the end of this round. My hunger is slowwlllly starting to return. I could adjust my dose, but I have already filled the injections. Oh well. I will know soon if it is time to take a break!

In the meantime, have a wonderful evening on day2!!!
Old 10-02-2013, 04:07 PM   #1013
Big Yapper!!!!

Well, I had an apple! I'm still under 30g of carbs, so I think it'll be ok. I was really hungry and those honey crisps are so good! So I'm having steak and salad for dinner... Coming in at 670cals today . I'll up them if I need more, but as I get closer to goal I need lower cals. I suspect there will be days when I'm higher, but I'm trying to maximize my first week's losses
Old 10-02-2013, 04:14 PM   #1014

Quote:
Well, I had an apple! I'm still under 30g of carbs, so I think it'll be ok. I was really hungry and those honey crisps are so good! So I'm having steak and salad for dinner... Coming in at 670cals today . I'll up them if I need more, but as I get closer to goal I need lower cals. I suspect there will be days when I'm higher, but I'm trying to maximize my first week's losses
That sounds like a plan to me!! Great job Julie!! I forget you are so small compared to me! .. so of course you need to eat less.

Have a great dinner!
Old 10-04-2013, 07:31 AM   #1015

Time to move to P3. Hunger is getting stronger and I don't want to mix a new batch. So I will call it a round at 32 days and 25 pounds gone!

I am excited for steak and cheese which I am going to have this weekend. I don't worry about the hcg being in my system while adding food. It has never bothered me or made me gain in the past and it won't now. I never fear that stuff like many do. It works for me!!

So tomorrow I am eating fat, and loving it! Hope everyone is doing great on whatever you are doing!!
Old 10-04-2013, 09:21 AM   #1016
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Time to move to P3. Hunger is getting stronger and I don't want to mix a new batch. So I will call it a round at 32 days and 25 pounds gone!

I am excited for steak and cheese which I am going to have this weekend. I don't worry about the hcg being in my system while adding food. It has never bothered me or made me gain in the past and it won't now. I never fear that stuff like many do. It works for me!!

So tomorrow I am eating fat, and loving it! Hope everyone is doing great on whatever you are doing!!
yum steak and cheese!!!
Old 10-04-2013, 11:07 AM   #1017

That's fantastic weight loss!! You've done so well in this round, P3 is much, much deserved. Enjoy good eats!
Old 10-04-2013, 11:28 AM   #1018

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexiann21 View Post
yum steak and cheese!!!
Only the finest!!..

Quote:
That's fantastic weight loss!! You've done so well in this round, P3 is much, much deserved. Enjoy good eats!
Thanks Shari!! This was by far the easiest and most productive round so far. I look forward to a break then sometime later another round. I will decide later.

Off today from work, so going to do some grocery shopping, hope all is well with you too!
Old 10-04-2013, 01:50 PM   #1019

Gallery: Meek75
WOE: Whole Foods. No Sugar
Quote:

FANTASTIC results, Deb!! I now you are sooooooooo freakin happy right now. Steak and cheese sounds delish!

Enjoy that steak and the weekend, lol. Hugs.
Meek75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 01:58 PM   #1020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meek75 View Post
FANTASTIC results, Deb!! I now you are sooooooooo freakin happy right now. Steak and cheese sounds delish!

Enjoy that steak and the weekend, lol. Hugs.
Thanks Meek!!! So glad you came by, I really appreciate when you do!.. I know I am going to be eating this yummy ribeye for breakfast .. and enjoying each tasty bite..

Hope your life is treating you well! Have a great weekend!