Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2013, 07:15 AM   #961
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Meek75
WOE: Atkins Inductions for 14 Days
Start Date: 6/10/2014
Hi Deb. I agree, I can't either. It's best to pick a day on the weekend and record that weight. Glad you're doing well today. Good job on getting in your exercise. I need to do something today...seriously!

You are making great progress. KUTGW
Meek75 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-2013, 08:58 AM   #962

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meek75 View Post
Hi Deb. I agree, I can't either. It's best to pick a day on the weekend and record that weight. Glad you're doing well today. Good job on getting in your exercise. I need to do something today...seriously!

You are making great progress. KUTGW
Thanks Meek!! I love the support!!
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 12:56 PM   #963
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lexiann21
Stats: 256/217/175
WOE: Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: March 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
I just cannot weigh during the week. I am up at least 4 hours earlier than the weekends and it just is not accurate. I hate being discouraged by a number, so really there is no reason to do it.

Anyway! I am doing well today. Exercise done, eating fine, no hunger, at ALL. love it!!..
my crazy mind would be so much better if i only weighed on fridays BUT last week i took a break from weighing and i gained so i suppose it helps keep me on track...
lexiann21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 01:41 PM   #964

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexiann21 View Post
my crazy mind would be so much better if i only weighed on fridays BUT last week i took a break from weighing and i gained so i suppose it helps keep me on track...
That is true also!! Sometimes I will peek at the scale during the week but I also know that it doesn't count, which makes MY crazy brain feel better...
Old 09-18-2013, 07:26 AM   #965

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186/179-mini goal
WOE: hcg 2.0
Quote:
Ok, so I am doing very well on my "plan" Down 18 in 18 days.

After much research I took our old time standard and added a new twist that is out there. It is not really MY plan, but I have adjusted it enough to call it that..

Yes, I have been doing it for 18 days, but just wanted to keep that to myself. I plan to keep on going for at least 87 days.. HAHA.. why 87 days? Because that will put me right up to the week before Thanksgiving.

Let's just say this is the easiest I have ever ever lost weight. My temps are still up in the 98's so I feel like my metabolism really benefited from EATING THE FOOD!!! Now, I am eating less food so I can lose the FAT.

Oh and today is my birthday with no cake... I don't need it right now, but IF I chose to have it, I would. Just prefer to keep the steam roll going!

Everyone have a WONDERFUL MONDAY!!!
So sorry I missed it, hope it was as marvelous as you are!!

Wow, that's wonderful Deb!! I'm happy to see that it's very easy for you which will help make the 87 days a lot easier to get through.
shari is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 07:51 AM   #966

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
So sorry I missed it, hope it was as marvelous as you are!!

Wow, that's wonderful Deb!! I'm happy to see that it's very easy for you which will help make the 87 days a lot easier to get through.
Thank you Shari! Had a nice birthday, talked to all my children.. always good..

Wt loss will really slow down now, as expected. I don't care. I know I am going to get there! Exercise done!
Old 09-20-2013, 08:27 AM   #967

Happy Friday, Deb! Hope all is well. Glad you had a nice birthday.
I love your attitude...YES you will get there!!
Old 09-20-2013, 08:59 AM   #968
Major LCF Poster!

TGIF Deb, hope your having a good one!!
Old 09-20-2013, 01:12 PM   #969

Quote:
Happy Friday, Deb! Hope all is well. Glad you had a nice birthday.
I love your attitude...YES you will get there!!
Happy Friday to you too! I am home from work today just because I have persoal days to burn up.. why not a Friday?.. Everything is going very well, my 3 oldest kids are off to Europe for 10 days just for fun! Thanks to my middle son who is definately sharing the wealth.. I am so proud of him for doing that. They will have a blast together!

Quote:
TGIF Deb, hope your having a good one!!
Thanks Lexi!! I am enjoying my day off! Love Fridays!! Weather is awesome and I have some nice LC food cooking for dinner.. excited about the weekend! Hope your's is going well too!
Old 09-20-2013, 03:47 PM   #970
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jenmay78
Stats: 284.6/244/199
WOE: Weight loss surgery/IE
Start Date: June 10, 2013
Hi Deb!!! Catching up on your journal. I cannot believe I missed your birthday! Happy birthday gorgeous

Congrats on staying on your plan and losing! Woohoo!! You always make me so proud
Jenmay78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 05:06 PM   #971

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenmay78 View Post
Hi Deb!!! Catching up on your journal. I cannot believe I missed your birthday! Happy birthday gorgeous

Congrats on staying on your plan and losing! Woohoo!! You always make me so proud
Jen!!!! We sure do miss you being around here girl! Miss you!! Hope everything is going well for you in all ways!!!

Thank you so much for your support!! now come back more often!!
Old 09-22-2013, 02:24 PM   #972

Deb.... driving by really quick! I hope you're having a great weekend! Have an awesome week too!!
Old 09-22-2013, 04:01 PM   #973

Quote:
Deb.... driving by really quick! I hope you're having a great weekend! Have an awesome week too!!
Thanks Meek!! glad to see you stopping by! I know you are busy, but always love hearing from you

My weekend has been fantastic!! weather awesome!! got things done, and I am dropping some fat too...

I wish you a wonderful week ahead too!!
Old 09-23-2013, 02:47 PM   #974

Copied from Julie's journal

I FEEL your pain Julie! The same thing happened to me. I got my metabolism up and then just could not lose an ounce. LC does not work for me anymore in the traditional way.

The only thing that really works for me is HCG. SO I started a round of RX HCG, because I got rid of all my homeopathic. ( It was pretty old anyway) I SWORE I would not do another round, but when HAWAII is coming up in the spring and I am no where near where I want to be, SOMETHING must change.

So far so good!! Will continue on as long as I can stand it. Down 20 in 23 days. Just took a 6 day PI, but am back on tomorrow.

I am following a mish mash of Dr Emma/HCG 2.0/Dr. Lipman. They don't believe in immunity and neither do I..

Back on the losing train tomorrow!! did not gain an oz over the 6 days of planned interruption love it!!
Old 09-23-2013, 03:09 PM   #975
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Quote:
Copied from Julie's journal

I FEEL your pain Julie! The same thing happened to me. I got my metabolism up and then just could not lose an ounce. LC does not work for me anymore in the traditional way.

The only thing that really works for me is HCG. SO I started a round of RX HCG, because I got rid of all my homeopathic. ( It was pretty old anyway) I SWORE I would not do another round, but when HAWAII is coming up in the spring and I am no where near where I want to be, SOMETHING must change.

So far so good!! Will continue on as long as I can stand it. Down 20 in 23 days. Just took a 6 day PI, but am back on tomorrow.

I am following a mish mash of Dr Emma/HCG 2.0/Dr. Lipman. They don't believe in immunity and neither do I..

Back on the losing train tomorrow!! did not gain an oz over the 6 days of planned interruption love it!!
See?!! I'm not alone!! It's so darned hard!! You're working out still? How's that going? my main concern is that part. I don't want to tank at the gym, now that I'm finally going again! Maybe I can do it? I'm not sure. Never tried the Rx either.... hmmm. You've got me thinking, but I am gonna' need to research Rx. I have pellets unopened, but always wanted to see if Rx was different. Is it?

Thanks for sharing! I appreciate it. I'd be rogue if I did a round, but I'm trying a more strict JUDDD this week and we'll see. If I'm not down a little, I'll be loading over the weekend.
julieboolie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 03:38 PM   #976

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
See?!! I'm not alone!! It's so darned hard!! You're working out still? How's that going? my main concern is that part. I don't want to tank at the gym, now that I'm finally going again! Maybe I can do it? I'm not sure. Never tried the Rx either.... hmmm. You've got me thinking, but I am gonna' need to research Rx. I have pellets unopened, but always wanted to see if Rx was different. Is it?

Thanks for sharing! I appreciate it. I'd be rogue if I did a round, but I'm trying a more strict JUDDD this week and we'll see. If I'm not down a little, I'll be loading over the weekend.
I don't think there is a difference between RX and HHCG really. They both worked the same for me. I tried RX because I THOUGHT it was better, but really it the same as far as hunger etc. The good thing about Rx is that one shot in the morning and I am done. I don't have to remember 3 times a day, and I don't have to think about when to eat or drink around the drops/pellets.

I had done a ton of research before going this route. I have ZERO hunger, I mean ZERO. I eat up to 800 cals a day, but mostly don't need it. I use cream in my coffee and I have extra protein. I mix veges all I want. In fact veges are unlimited on HCG 2.0 and Dr. Lipman's plan.

I do still exercise because I am used to it. At 800 cals a day, it is not a problem for me. Dr Emma's plan says to have 1 gram of protein for every pound you weigh. The newer plans all want you to have more protein.

The downside of Rx is getting it, and of course we don't talk about that..

Anyway! I felt like I just had to do something because I was spinning my wheels... I hope you find success with whatever you choose to do Julie!! We all have to find our path!!!
Old 09-24-2013, 05:58 AM   #977

Feeling FANTASTIC!! .. on the road to losing again.
Old 09-24-2013, 06:38 AM   #978
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Feeling FANTASTIC!! .. on the road to losing again.
yay Deb!! Happy for you!!
Old 09-24-2013, 07:19 AM   #979

Quote:
yay Deb!! Happy for you!!
Thanks Lexi!!
Old 09-24-2013, 01:29 PM   #980
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I don't think there is a difference between RX and HHCG really. They both worked the same for me. I tried RX because I THOUGHT it was better, but really it the same as far as hunger etc. The good thing about Rx is that one shot in the morning and I am done. I don't have to remember 3 times a day, and I don't have to think about when to eat or drink around the drops/pellets.

I had done a ton of research before going this route. I have ZERO hunger, I mean ZERO. I eat up to 800 cals a day, but mostly don't need it. I use cream in my coffee and I have extra protein. I mix veges all I want. In fact veges are unlimited on HCG 2.0 and Dr. Lipman's plan.

I do still exercise because I am used to it. At 800 cals a day, it is not a problem for me. Dr Emma's plan says to have 1 gram of protein for every pound you weigh. The newer plans all want you to have more protein.

Anyway! I felt like I just had to do something because I was spinning my wheels... I hope you find success with whatever you choose to do Julie!! We all have to find our path!!!
I'm so glad you're losing again!! I've heard good things about dr Emma's plan, and if I do another round that'll be how. I love my coffee/cream and wouldn't give that up . I'm dropping my cals down and we'll see if I can get the scale down. I was still up close to 2000 cals/day, so there is definitely room btw there and Hcg levels. But, I'm not ruling out 3 weeks of hhcg to drop 15 lbs! You can't argue w/ Hcg results! You're rocking it!! So happy for you!!
Old 09-24-2013, 01:49 PM   #981

Quote:
I'm so glad you're losing again!! I've heard good things about dr Emma's plan, and if I do another round that'll be how. I love my coffee/cream and wouldn't give that up . I'm dropping my cals down and we'll see if I can get the scale down. I was still up close to 2000 cals/day, so there is definitely room btw there and Hcg levels. But, I'm not ruling out 3 weeks of hhcg to drop 15 lbs! You can't argue w/ Hcg results! You're rocking it!! So happy for you!!
Thank you Julie! I am happy with this for now. I would love to go until goal like Dr. Emma says is possible but I may get bored to death. Anyway, I am going as long as I can go, because I am not hungry, I can exercise, and I am losing again!

Good luck with lowering cals Julie!! I know it sure does not hurt to try!!!
Old 09-25-2013, 06:16 PM   #982

Quote:

Deb, glad this is working for you! Keep up the good work and I look forward to following your success! You got this, as always! Have a good night.
Old 09-26-2013, 05:19 AM   #983

Thanks Meek! I am in the groove and have no hunger so I want to keep going. I am making it so much more doable with increased items and calories.. YET, still losing. I do not FEAR the whole protocol thing that so many fear. It is not logical to me.

There is no "magic food" that makes this plan work. It is the calories and the HCG. Dr. Emma agrees also. It does not matter if you mix veges.. that is not logical. The oils on the skin being used as food, again, not logical. I have to stop reading the HCG forums because of the FEAR there. Amazes me.

I will only read the Dr Emma threads because they are seeing the light... Eat turkey? Um yes. BUT it is not on the original plan! Um so what.

Eat tuna, eat cottage cheese, ff cheese, sugar free jello, cream in my coffee etc etc etc... BUT it is not on the plan! Um ... so what.. its all about the calories..

Unpopular opinion? so what.... I do what works for me, and I do not fear food....

Ok, I guess I am not done... From all the books I am reading about HCG, the stalls people have are very normal and NOT connected to some specific food they ate, or mixed the veges, or wore makeup..

When I read these kinds of things I cringe. But i won't post in those threads. Hopefully everyone will eventually get it. The FEAR has to go, it really makes no sense anymore.......

Last edited by Deb294evr; 09-26-2013 at 05:31 AM..
Old 09-26-2013, 06:49 AM   #984

Yesterday first day on VLCD since my 6 day PI. After 2 days injections.

Had 953 cals, and down -1.8. I had stayed the same during those 6 days, but I had many more cals than this.

Total lost in this broken up round is 21.8, in 24 VLCDays. Not too shabby.

Yep, went over the 800 cals I was aiming for, but oh well. The main thing I have to do is make sure I have enough protein, per Dr Emma. I get around 100 grams of protein a day. Makes me feel so much better. Her formula is weight in pounds x .5= grams of protein to eat. Weight after getting back to a way high number is into the 190's now, so around 95-100 grams of protein is what I am going to eat.

Carbs, I don't normally care about on HCG, but following along with HCG2.0 in a way, he says 30 net a day. I like fruit, so sometimes it is more. Yesterday it was 34.

Today, I aim for 900 with 30 net carbs WITH fruit. We shall see.
Old 09-26-2013, 09:38 AM   #985

AMAZING results, Deb!! WOW, congratulations!! It seems very doable and I for one will always believe that no other plan takes the weight and fat off like (h)hcg...at least in my experience. I've been the same number (on the scale) on various plans and I always look and am smaller with hcg because of the inch and fat loss...it truly does work! I'm so happy you're doing it in a way that allows you to still lose like the original protocol with higher cals and is obviously working
You've stroked my curiosity now...I have the page (dr. lipman) open on my other tab...will read more later and may have questions Thanks for sharing
Old 09-26-2013, 09:44 AM   #986

Quote:
AMAZING results, Deb!! WOW, congratulations!! It seems very doable and I for one will always believe that no other plan takes the weight and fat off like (h)hcg...at least in my experience. I've been the same number (on the scale) on various plans and I always look and am smaller with hcg because of the inch and fat loss...it truly does work! I'm so happy you're doing it in a way that allows you to still lose like the original protocol with higher cals and is obviously working
You've stroked my curiosity now...I have the page (dr. lipman) open on my other tab...will read more later and may have questions Thanks for sharing
Thank you Shari! you know we have been through this so many times, but you are right! This is the most efficient way to get the weight off quickly! AND when we hit that sweet spot of no hunger, it is so easy.. haha.. right.

Anyway, doing it this way is so much better. I just refuse to stave myself on 500 cals a day, when 700-900 does the same thing for me. Dr Lipman's plan is very doable also. I use some of the things he is ok with, and am doing just fine!!!

I have his book on Kindle on my home computer, and also HCG 2.0 plus Dr Emma's book. So lots of NEW KNOWLEDGE!!!
Old 09-26-2013, 11:24 AM   #987
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Thanks Meek! I am in the groove and have no hunger so I want to keep going. I am making it so much more doable with increased items and calories.. YET, still losing. I do not FEAR the whole protocol thing that so many fear. It is not logical to me.

There is no "magic food" that makes this plan work. It is the calories and the HCG. Dr. Emma agrees also. It does not matter if you mix veges.. that is not logical. The oils on the skin being used as food, again, not logical. I have to stop reading the HCG forums because of the FEAR there. Amazes me.

I will only read the Dr Emma threads because they are seeing the light... Eat turkey? Um yes. BUT it is not on the original plan! Um so what.

Eat tuna, eat cottage cheese, ff cheese, sugar free jello, cream in my coffee etc etc etc... BUT it is not on the plan! Um ... so what.. its all about the calories..

Unpopular opinion? so what.... I do what works for me, and I do not fear food....

Ok, I guess I am not done... From all the books I am reading about HCG, the stalls people have are very normal and NOT connected to some specific food they ate, or mixed the veges, or wore makeup..

When I read these kinds of things I cringe. But i won't post in those threads. Hopefully everyone will eventually get it. The FEAR has to go, it really makes no sense anymore.......
That all makes sense, and fits with what we rogues have experienced. I've done protocol rounds and off rounds, and the calories are what makes the difference. I always smile to myself at the protocol worshippers and all the fear and micro managing of the scale. We want to believe we can control it by adding or removing certain foods, but we can't. Time straightens it all out. I tell you, I'm gonna give lower cals a 2 week shot, then I'll try for a quick 3 week Hcg round. We'll see. I can love with slow and steady, but not starving and stuck! Have a great day and keep up the good work!
Old 09-26-2013, 11:31 AM   #988

Quote:
That all makes sense, and fits with what we rogues have experienced. I've done protocol rounds and off rounds, and the calories are what makes the difference. I always smile to myself at the protocol worshippers and all the fear and micro managing of the scale. We want to believe we can control it by adding or removing certain foods, but we can't. Time straightens it all out. I tell you, I'm gonna give lower cals a 2 week shot, then I'll try for a quick 3 week Hcg round. We'll see. I can love with slow and steady, but not starving and stuck! Have a great day and keep up the good work!
I agree Julie!! Without HCG I cannot go lower than 1700 without starving.. I swear, it is horrible to be hungry. Good luck!!!!! I also chuckle at those who think they can control the scale by adding or removing certain foods. It really does not work like that. Oh well.
Old 09-28-2013, 08:12 AM   #989

Quote:

I'm so glad you know the truth and you're sharing it here. Maybe the lurkers will read and have a light bulb moment Honestly, those things were NEVER logical to me, but... hey, I just went with the flow because I was desperate at the time

Congrats on your progress thus far. You are doing amazing!! Please share the link to Dr. Emma's thread. I want to read and share with a group of women on my hair board that is following the protocol now.

Thanks Deb. Keep up the good work!
Old 09-28-2013, 09:13 AM   #990

Quote:
I'm so glad you know the truth and you're sharing it here. Maybe the lurkers will read and have a light bulb moment Honestly, those things were NEVER logical to me, but... hey, I just went with the flow because I was desperate at the time

Congrats on your progress thus far. You are doing amazing!! Please share the link to Dr. Emma's thread. I want to read and share with a group of women on my hair board that is following the protocol now.

Thanks Deb. Keep up the good work!
Thank you Meek! Sure here is the link to Dr. Emma thread.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/hc...mmas-plan.html

They have some more forward thinking folks in there. Anyway, not trying to knock individuals and what they have been told, or believe, I just think more people should research other opinions and really think for themselves... that's all.

I am moving on each day, and LOVING IT this time! It really is so much better when you have more choices and options. STILL losing the fat and not a bit worried about all that stabilizing stuff. It all comes down to how much you are eating during P3 anyway, and staying in control. I honestly don't believe we will ever be able to eat like a fat person and get thin.... that is not logical to me..