Old 01-17-2013, 11:02 AM   #61
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/work in progress/140?
WOE: LC/HCG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meek75 View Post
Hi Deb and Friends!

Okay, looks like the treadmill/walking challenge has already begun. I'm going to start tonight. Promise. 1 mile to start off. I'll report back later.

Keep up the good work, ladies!

Happy Healthy Eating today and everyday!!
YES@!!! Love having you with us Meek. The more the merrier, and the better we can be at keeping each other company and motivated!!! WE CAN DO THIS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagieDen View Post
Yea Meek!

YOU BET!!!!
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2013, 05:03 AM   #62

One mile last night, and bike this morning... getting back into a groove also!..

Not weighing for a few days.. just want to be about one thing at a time.. adding exercise! YES!.. eating lower carbs and being mindful... YES...

Have a great day!!!..
Old 01-18-2013, 05:08 AM   #63
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
One mile last night, and bike this morning... getting back into a groove also!..

Not weighing for a few days.. just want to be about one thing at a time.. adding exercise! YES!.. eating lower carbs and being mindful... YES...

Have a great day!!!..
My plan exactly Deb! I am for the moment avoiding the scale, not as long as last time but will weigh on Feb 1st. and see how I have done.

on the exercise and getting stronger!
MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:18 AM   #64

Quote:
My plan exactly Deb! I am for the moment avoiding the scale, not as long as last time but will weigh on Feb 1st. and see how I have done.

on the exercise and getting stronger!
Thanks Maggie!.. Feb. 1st sounds like a great weigh in day!.. No pressure, and just see how it goes.. I am in the same boat. I am not going to pressure myself any longer. It just backfires for me.

Enjoy your Friday and weekend! I just got back to work yesterday, and now I get a 3 day weekend after 1:30 today!..
Old 01-18-2013, 05:22 AM   #65
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Thanks Maggie!.. Feb. 1st sounds like a great weigh in day!.. No pressure, and just see how it goes.. I am in the same boat. I am not going to pressure myself any longer. It just backfires for me.

Enjoy your Friday and weekend! I just got back to work yesterday, and now I get a 3 day weekend after 1:30 today!..
I agree, I place too much pressure on myself and too much emphasis on the scale reading and I am totally DONE with that. Whoo Hooo on a 3 day weekend after a lovely small vacation, this weekend can't get any better for you or can it? Well, maybe it could if Adam Lambert showed up at your house.

Have a good day Deb!

Last edited by MagieDen; 01-18-2013 at 05:23 AM..
Old 01-18-2013, 05:24 AM   #66

Quote:
I agree, I place too much pressure on myself and too much emphasis on the scale reading and I am totally DONE with that. Whoo Hooo on a 3 day weekend after a lovely small vacation, this weekend can't get any better for you or can it? Well, maybe if Adam Labert showed up at your house it would be.

Have a good day Deb!
AHHH !!!!!!

Thanks for "getting me" Maggie!...
Old 01-18-2013, 06:30 AM   #67

Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/199.2/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Good morning! I agree with you both on the scale issue. Do not weigh especially if you've added in exercise. You are doing great things for your body by exercising but you are also building muscle which may blip the scale up temporarily. It is so good for you in the long run. I never understood how the contestants on the biggest loser have such huge drops while doing all that exercise??? They must not eat much
Gracie514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:43 AM   #68

Gallery: Meek75
WOE: Whole Foods. No Sugar
Happy Friday, Deb!
I didn't walk last night. I totally forgot, but I'm going to take a brisk walk this morning. It's pretty windy here today, but I'll warm up once I start to power walk.

I hope you have a good day and a relaxing weekend!
Meek75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:31 AM   #69
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
Good morning! I agree with you both on the scale issue. Do not weigh especially if you've added in exercise. You are doing great things for your body by exercising but you are also building muscle which may blip the scale up temporarily. It is so good for you in the long run. I never understood how the contestants on the biggest loser have such huge drops while doing all that exercise??? They must not eat much
From what I hear and read they eat very little. Hey maybe I should try that.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:11 AM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
Morning Gracie! I have been reading about what they do, and apparently they exercise up to 8 hours a day, and the women eat around 1600 cals, while the men get 1800 to 2000. THAT IS STARVATION...

Well, for a chance at a quick new life, and $250,000, I MAY be able to do it, but I doubt it at this point.. Maybe when I was younger. I know not weighing daily will make me happier..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meek75 View Post
Happy Friday, Deb!
I didn't walk last night. I totally forgot, but I'm going to take a brisk walk this morning. It's pretty windy here today, but I'll warm up once I start to power walk.

I hope you have a good day and a relaxing weekend!
That is ok Meek! Hope you got a chance to get out and power walk, but if not there is always later! Just decide what you want to do, then try to do it. I know I sure don't always feel like it, but trying to make a habit.

Have a fantastic weekend!!!

Quote:
From what I hear and read they eat very little. Hey maybe I should try that.
You go first!..
Old 01-18-2013, 12:54 PM   #71
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Age before beauty Deb!

Old 01-18-2013, 01:04 PM   #72

Quote:
Age before beauty Deb!

Old 01-18-2013, 01:09 PM   #73
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Enjoy the rest of your day as well as the weekend, you deserve it.

Old 01-18-2013, 01:13 PM   #74

Quote:
Enjoy the rest of your day as well as the weekend, you deserve it.

Thank you Maggie!! YOU enjoy also!!.. you deserve a nice weekend yourself!.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:00 PM   #75
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kadee
Hello Deb,
I lost about 30lb. on the HCG. I keep it off for a year. I got down to 158. I gained all the weight back. I am at 189. I loved how fast the HCG brings the weight off but I can't stand eating the same things everyday. I don't know if I should do HCG again or do Atkins. Do you think I can take the HCG and follow the Atkins Plan and still lose the weight. What do you think I should do?
Thanks Kadee

Last edited by kadee; 01-18-2013 at 08:02 PM..
kadee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 04:25 AM   #76

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/???/160-mini goal
WOE: Low carb
Hey Deb! Congrats on the changes..you're doing so well! Yeah, I just watched the first BL from OnDemand and yowsers!! How in the heck can you lose 26lbs in one week?!!! I thought losing in the teens was beyond incredible...they have to be starving to eat so little and working out for so long. When I just exercise 30min my stomach roars like a lion and I want to eat more!! Anywho, I promised to start exercising this weekend and I will, tomorrow. I may be able to start today but between the boy's bball games and running errands I don't think so. But I look forward to joining the treadmill challenge!! How's it going with JM's plan?
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:56 PM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Hey Deb! Congrats on the changes..you're doing so well! Yeah, I just watched the first BL from OnDemand and yowsers!! How in the heck can you lose 26lbs in one week?!!! I thought losing in the teens was beyond incredible...they have to be starving to eat so little and working out for so long. When I just exercise 30min my stomach roars like a lion and I want to eat more!! Anywho, I promised to start exercising this weekend and I will, tomorrow. I may be able to start today but between the boy's bball games and running errands I don't think so. But I look forward to joining the treadmill challenge!! How's it going with JM's plan?
Hey Shari!!! Good to see you on a Saturday!... I have been kind of lazy today, after so much going going and going the last couple of weeks. I am going to walk tonight though. The JM plan is pretty good, but like ALL the others there are pro's and con's.

I think adding the exercise is the best part, because I really don't like tracking every bite I put in my mouth. UGH. I will finish the free trial and see where I am, but I don't think I am going to renew. It is very very similar to WW, and I know that back and forth.

I WILL keep her exercise pages though, I have printed out everything I can. I know how to eat, this was just the missing link for me.

Hope your day is going well!!... Hope you get on the treadmill this weekend..
Old 01-20-2013, 08:02 AM   #78

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/???/160-mini goal
WOE: Low carb
You deserve your lazy day..love those! Thanks for the JM update. I did exercise today..got to keep up with you, Maggie and Meek.
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:11 AM   #79
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
You deserve your lazy day..love those! Thanks for the JM update. I did exercise today..got to keep up with you, Maggie and Meek.
Way to go on the exercise Shari!
Old 01-20-2013, 10:21 AM   #80

Hey ladies!! YAY for the exercise Shari! I did a mile last night, and will do a mile or more today.. Felt good. Thanks Maggie for your constant support!!!
Old 01-21-2013, 08:37 AM   #81

Good Morning all. Not much time I am going to visit my good friend who has cancer. She is getting much worse, very quickly. Yesterday she tried to get up from bed, and fell to the floor. Her husband had to call her daughter and husband to help her up. He doesn't have much strength himself.

She says she doesn't have feelling in her lower half, due to the tumor pressing on her spine, and nerves. She is also very confused as to who anyone is. Her tumors are in her brain also.

I am so so sad about this. She just went to lunch with us before we left for Miami. She said her hip and leg hurt, but that she was feeling better other than that.

Now she is thinking her time is very near. I just don't know how to handle this after everything else this past year. Saturday was one year since my Dad passed, and that was a hard day too. UGH.......... oh well, just had to vent. I know I can do that and everyone will get it.

Prayers for my friend Nancy that she will find peace, not be afraid, and be able to transition when the time comes with love in her heart. I will miss my friend dearly..
Old 01-21-2013, 08:51 AM   #82
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

She is in my prayers as well as you Deb!
Old 01-21-2013, 10:10 AM   #83

Quote:
She is in my prayers as well as you Deb!
Thank you Maggie.. It really is bad. I don't know how much time she has now. Her poor daughter is trying to get her to the hospital and she won't go. She is running a fever, but is too weak to do anything. She can't walk, refuses to let them help her into a car..

I suggested to them that she call an ambulance if possible, but they won't do that either.. I don' know what else to do. I am at a loss.

Knowing that I MUST continue on with my own health and take care of myself, I will tell you I did another mile on the treadmill and am eating very clean today... Honestly I am more motivated than ever.. Life is short..
Old 01-22-2013, 05:20 AM   #84

Not much to report. 1.5 miles on the Treadmill. Eating, perfecto!... I am back to work today, so won't have much time to check in. Hope everyone has a great day!!
Old 01-22-2013, 05:37 AM   #85
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Not much to report. 1.5 miles on the Treadmill. Eating, perfecto!... I am back to work today, so won't have much time to check in. Hope everyone has a great day!!
Back to work, oh poooo! Great job on the walking, I got my mile in this morning as well so let's keep it up!!!

Have a good day!

Old 01-22-2013, 10:25 AM   #86

Quote:
Back to work, oh poooo! Great job on the walking, I got my mile in this morning as well so let's keep it up!!!

Have a good day!

Thanks Maggie!! Yep, we are busy as all get out right now... Staying in charge of my eating though.. that is a big thing for me.. tonight.. circuit training with Jillian.... ACK!!!
Old 01-23-2013, 04:08 AM   #87

Another Mile last night... I think today I will rest today. Kind of tired and worn out. I deserve a day off...

Emotionally all over the place.. I love losing myself in work, and workouts because I forget thinking of my friend for a bit. I did get an update that she is still not going to the hospital, refuses to go. She is dehydrated and confused, so if she is not better today her husband is going to call an abulance to take her in for an IV. No matter if she wants to go or not.

UGH!!! Cancer SUCKSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

On a lighter note, my eating has been spot on!!! I love feelilng lighter.. eating lighter... staying on low carbs.. makes me physically feel better.

Have a great day all!!.. I will check back later with everyone..
Old 01-23-2013, 04:55 AM   #88
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh Deb, so sorry to hear about your friend, I do hope she goes to the hospital it sounds as if she needs to. Exercise does relieve stress so I am glad that it helping you and that you are spot on with your eating. Enjoy your day of rest and keep up the good work!

Old 01-23-2013, 05:05 AM   #89

Quote:
Oh Deb, so sorry to hear about your friend, I do hope she goes to the hospital it sounds as if she needs to. Exercise does relieve stress so I am glad that it helping you and that you are spot on with your eating. Enjoy your day of rest and keep up the good work!

Thank you Maggie.. I really should read before I post.. my computer at home has sticky keys..... oh well.. you get the drift.. AMBULANCE... haha

I do enjoy the relief of stress.. just losing myself in the movement.. I sure don't try too hard, but I do it...

This is something that made me LAUGH OUT LOUD.. it's Adam Lambert on the treadmill and being so cute..

Old 01-23-2013, 06:06 AM   #90
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Too cute, so is that what he looks like with no make-up on? Handsome guy.

Hey he seems to enjoy the treadmill so we are in good company!