Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenmay78 View Post
Good morning Deb!

Eat the Food!!
Morning Jen!!! I am eating the food right this minute!!

Did my pedaling this morning when I got in at 6:30am .. will do my pool stuff after work, and am lifting heavy things during the day for strength...

Hope all is well with you
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-2013, 07:09 AM   #842
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jenmay78
Stats: 284.6/237.8/199
WOE: Weight loss surgery/JUDDD
Start Date: June 10, 2013
Hey Deb!! All is great here Still walking to work, increasing calories slowly, and moving as much as possible. TOM is around the corner...so I'm trying to keep my craving for fried foods and sweets at bay. Yesterday I had a fruit smoothie that worked wonders! The contest at work is over this week
Jenmay78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 07:15 AM   #843

Quote:
Hey Deb!! All is great here Still walking to work, increasing calories slowly, and moving as much as possible. TOM is around the corner...so I'm trying to keep my craving for fried foods and sweets at bay. Yesterday I had a fruit smoothie that worked wonders! The contest at work is over this week
That is wonderful!!! So you are trying for the stretch run here to stay around 1000 a day? Is this hard? I would die at this point...

I can't believe I used to do around 500-700 cals while on HCG.. I really can't. At the time, it seemed like more.. anyway!!!!! Do what you have to do, to finish strong!

I am just trying not to eat candy today.. don't know why that craving is so strong, because I don't normally eat candy. Can't use TOM as an excuse cuz he does not visit my house any longer...

Just had a tiny tootsie roll... oh boy.. yum.. NOT..
Old 08-20-2013, 08:47 AM   #844
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Deb!!!

I'm just happy the competition is almost over. I have to be honest and say that I haven't really felt like I've been dieting. Just eating the food and exercising. I stay at my calorie allotment if I do as I plan. However, I tend to be a bit spontaneous with my eating sometimes and broke my fast early and had breakfast, which I don't do often.

I definitely cannot do the 500 calories. I'm usually okay around 800 for a low. No less...lol!! However, I am definitely happiest at 1500 Alas, most days I am usually at 1300 or less which is supposed to bring me a 2lb a week loss according to the calorie deficit rules You definitely prove those rules to be untrue

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...g-journey.html
Old 08-20-2013, 08:48 AM   #845
Major LCF Poster!

mmmm tootsie rolls!!!! mmmmmmm
Old 08-20-2013, 08:57 AM   #846

Quote:
Hi Deb!!!

I'm just happy the competition is almost over. I have to be honest and say that I haven't really felt like I've been dieting. Just eating the food and exercising. I stay at my calorie allotment if I do as I plan. However, I tend to be a bit spontaneous with my eating sometimes and broke my fast early and had breakfast, which I don't do often.

I definitely cannot do the 500 calories. I'm usually okay around 800 for a low. No less...lol!! However, I am definitely happiest at 1500 Alas, most days I am usually at 1300 or less which is supposed to bring me a 2lb a week loss according to the calorie deficit rules You definitely prove those rules to be untrue
Well Jen we are all so different! I know RULES and ME don't go together and never have...

Sometimes I eat so much I feel like I should have gained 5 pounds, but I don't. Then I will eat so little I am sure I will lose!! I don't. So who knows what this whole calorie in and out is really all about.. ugh...

Just keep doing what you are doing, it obviously WORKS!!! So happy for you!

Quote:
mmmm tootsie rolls!!!! mmmmmmm
YEAH it was good, but not satisfying... oh well. I have fruit for sweet and that is what I am gonna eat!...
Old 08-20-2013, 09:53 AM   #847
Major LCF Poster!

I know what you mean!!! You are definitely a different one when it comes to weight loss. I am typically by the book. Good nutritious food plus exercise takes the lbs off. I'm so tired of the yo-yo diet trap. Keep resisting the urge to do anything differently. I'm super jealous that you can eat as much as you do and still lose! Lol

I'll be off to eat my Atkins meal for lunch since I had a delish breakfast panini. Then I'll be done with food today

Good for you regarding the fruit! It will satisfy thirst and hunger and a touch of sweet tooth.
Old 08-20-2013, 10:04 AM   #848

Quote:
I know what you mean!!! You are definitely a different one when it comes to weight loss. I am typically by the book. Good nutritious food plus exercise takes the lbs off. I'm so tired of the yo-yo diet trap. Keep resisting the urge to do anything differently. I'm super jealous that you can eat as much as you do and still lose! Lol

I'll be off to eat my Atkins meal for lunch since I had a delish breakfast panini. Then I'll be done with food today

Good for you regarding the fruit! It will satisfy thirst and hunger and a touch of sweet tooth.
Oh Jen, I am not losing anything but oz. right now.. oh well..

Fruit is wonderful for sweet/ thirst/ just yummy goodness!!! I loves loves loves me some fruit!!

Which is also why I can't stick to Low Carb in the summer...
Old 08-20-2013, 10:20 AM   #849
Major LCF Poster!

LOL! Ounces count Miss Deb!

I know what you mean by sticking to Low Carb in the summer. There is and never will be anything wrong with fruit or any type of veggie.

Enjoy your day my friend
Old 08-20-2013, 10:22 AM   #850

Quote:
LOL! Ounces count Miss Deb!

I know what you mean by sticking to Low Carb in the summer. There is and never will be anything wrong with fruit or any type of veggie.

Enjoy your day my friend
So agree with you dear!! Thank you!!!
Old 08-20-2013, 10:26 AM   #851
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lexiann21
Stats: 256/215.6/175
WOE: Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: March 2013
peaches and grapes for dessert after lunch today!!
lexiann21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:31 AM   #852

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexiann21 View Post
peaches and grapes for dessert after lunch today!!
UM YUM!!!!

Since you are on WW and fruit is now unlimited.. how do you handle that?

When I was doing WW and I loved it because of the fruits and veges, I just overdid it.. could not lose on it. HOWEVER, I was a very happy camper!!
Old 08-20-2013, 12:36 PM   #853
Major LCF Poster!

i just eat what i want fruit and vege wise and don't really think about it. i think 5:2 gives me the freedom to do that fruit and vege wise.

did you try WW for a week without eating alot of fruit? maybe it wasn't just the fruit but a combo of things. i started 5:2 about a month after i started WW because i too started having trouble losing. but those two diets combined seem to be my "magic pill".
Old 08-20-2013, 12:49 PM   #854
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Quote:
Good morning Deb!

Eat the Food!!
This made me !! I too am hungrier with the increased exercising. Trying to reign it in, but not very good at it!! You're doing great!!

Deb-go girl!! You're rocking the lifestyle exercise and on your way. Do you feel tighter? Did you get the Matt Stone version of how to lose the weight once you've revved up your metabolism? I wasn't clear on that part of his plan. I'd love to hear your interpretation of it .

I'm trying to drink more water today when I'm hungry. I'll eat the meal I've planned, then when I feel like eating more, I drink for a bit and see how I feel. It's helping so far. One day at a time with my eating now. I'm so confused with my long term LCing that I'm having a hard time lowering my fat to compensate for increasing my carbs . I'm a work in progress .

Have a good day!
julieboolie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 01:19 PM   #855

Quote:
i just eat what i want fruit and vege wise and don't really think about it. i think 5:2 gives me the freedom to do that fruit and vege wise.

did you try WW for a week without eating alot of fruit? maybe it wasn't just the fruit but a combo of things. i started 5:2 about a month after i started WW because i too started having trouble losing. but those two diets combined seem to be my "magic pill".
I basically just eat too much FOOD. I hate low fat, so of course on WW you can't eat alot of points in fat, so I made those calories up in fruit and veges. I can eat a whole watermelon in one day, easily..

I know I can't go that low in calories anymore to do any kind of fasting or lower calorie day. It sends me into oblivian so I don't even attempt it anymore. I will just have to live with slow losses if I want to EAT. I am not a small volume eater in any way possible. OH WELL. Good luck to you though, it is certainly working!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
This made me !! I too am hungrier with the increased exercising. Trying to reign it in, but not very good at it!! You're doing great!!

Deb-go girl!! You're rocking the lifestyle exercise and on your way. Do you feel tighter? Did you get the Matt Stone version of how to lose the weight once you've revved up your metabolism? I wasn't clear on that part of his plan. I'd love to hear your interpretation of it .

I'm trying to drink more water today when I'm hungry. I'll eat the meal I've planned, then when I feel like eating more, I drink for a bit and see how I feel. It's helping so far. One day at a time with my eating now. I'm so confused with my long term LCing that I'm having a hard time lowering my fat to compensate for increasing my carbs . I'm a work in progress .

Have a good day!
I have to do it my way, or it's the highway.. Thanks Julie, I wish you the best in doing it your way too!!.. I have not really understood Matt's way of losing once you are revved up either, but I do have the book and need to do more reading. If I could eat the food, and slowly lose the weight, I would be happy. It is the GAINING and the tiny tiny losses, that are discouraging.

Oh well, it is a tradeoff, and we need to decide which is more desireable I guess.. what we can live with. I am really interested in seeing how you do Julie!
Old 08-21-2013, 05:45 AM   #856

For some reason I just had an EXTRA hungry day yesterday. I could not fill up no matter what. Amazingly today I am fine. Feel smaller even. I swear I have the most backward body chemistry of anyone I know! CRAZY.

I think most of this hunger feeling I am having is because of my short round of steroids ( pred) that I have to take for my allergies.. They suck. I do have to do them now and then though, or I would be totally miserable.

So today I am having some great fresh foods as much as I need. Only real whole fresh food though. I did my 30 min on my bike, will do my weights and my Taebo later... Today I feel good!!
Old 08-21-2013, 06:15 AM   #857
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning Deb, Julie, and Lexi!!!

DH gained weight with steroids...it's a good thing that you are in tune with your body. I think it's amazing chemistry and I wouldn't change it for the world!

Good job on the exercise...DH thinks I should try walking home the rest of this week due to my restlessness. He thinks it will tire me out. Last night I didn't go to bed until midnight and finally think I fell asleep at 2am. When the alarm went off I was in a deep sleep instead of waking up before. I'll give it a whirl. I'm not scared of the heat any more.

Hugs!
Old 08-21-2013, 06:28 AM   #858

Quote:
Good morning Deb, Julie, and Lexi!!!

DH gained weight with steroids...it's a good thing that you are in tune with your body. I think it's amazing chemistry and I wouldn't change it for the world!

Good job on the exercise...DH thinks I should try walking home the rest of this week due to my restlessness. He thinks it will tire me out. Last night I didn't go to bed until midnight and finally think I fell asleep at 2am. When the alarm went off I was in a deep sleep instead of waking up before. I'll give it a whirl. I'm not scared of the heat any more.

Hugs!
Thanks Jen, I am learning to live with my body.. I think your DH is right, that walk home may tire you out!! I can't stay up past 9pm anymore.. no matter how late I get up. I can't imagine midnight or 2 am! YIKES..

Have a fantastic day Jen! You are doing awesome!
Old 08-21-2013, 06:47 AM   #859
Major LCF Poster!

I say you have to do whatever works for you, even if you're having "slow" losses as you say the time will pass anyway so the weight will come off. its only a matter of time. I need to remind myself that its only a matter of time. i get all freaked out sometimes like im not going to be able to reach goal. it still feels so far away and so unattainable. and then i remember how far i've come and theres no way i wont get what i want in the end!
Old 08-21-2013, 07:09 AM   #860
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
Thanks Jen, I am learning to live with my body.. I think your DH is right, that walk home may tire you out!! I can't stay up past 9pm anymore.. no matter how late I get up. I can't imagine midnight or 2 am! YIKES..

Have a fantastic day Jen! You are doing awesome!
I'm used to going to bed at 9 or 10 pm at the latest...now my body just won't relax and rest. I'm constantly up and about...

Take care of yourself Deb and EAT THE FOOD That's for Julie
Old 08-21-2013, 09:05 AM   #861

Quote:
I say you have to do whatever works for you, even if you're having "slow" losses as you say the time will pass anyway so the weight will come off. its only a matter of time. I need to remind myself that its only a matter of time. i get all freaked out sometimes like im not going to be able to reach goal. it still feels so far away and so unattainable. and then i remember how far i've come and theres no way i wont get what i want in the end!
Thanks Lexi! I agree, we play around and play around trying to do what works for someone else, and maybe it won't work for us, and we lose so much time. Always looking for the next best thing, or the quick route, or whatever!!! When it comes down to it, we just have to figure it out for ourselves...

Quote:
I'm used to going to bed at 9 or 10 pm at the latest...now my body just won't relax and rest. I'm constantly up and about...

That is RIGHT! eat the food!!
Old 08-21-2013, 09:19 AM   #862
Major LCF Poster!

Guilty!! I am one that used to try what everyone else was doing and losing. I always come back to eating healthy and exercise. It's slow going for me too especially when you compare to our losses with HCG. I'm glad I finally figured it out and that it doesn't matter how fast the losses are as long as you can live with the plan
Old 08-21-2013, 09:29 AM   #863

Quote:
Guilty!! I am one that used to try what everyone else was doing and losing. I always come back to eating healthy and exercise. It's slow going for me too especially when you compare to our losses with HCG. I'm glad I finally figured it out and that it doesn't matter how fast the losses are as long as you can live with the plan
That is right my friend!! turtle power!
Old 08-21-2013, 11:01 AM   #864
Major LCF Poster!

Woohoo!! Turtle power! Lol!
Old 08-21-2013, 11:12 AM   #865
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: 12yrslater
Stats: UGH
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Induction: 10/20/08
love....

Drive by hello and just want to say, I'm always rooting for you my friend!!! KUTGW!!!

Take care of you.

Lots o' luv
12yrslater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 12:00 PM   #866

Quote:
Woohoo!! Turtle power! Lol!
I had 2 little boys who used to run around the house saying that all the time..
Old 08-21-2013, 12:47 PM   #867
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Quote:
I basically just eat too much FOOD. I hate low fat, so of course on WW you can't eat alot of points in fat, so I made those calories up in fruit and veges. I can eat a whole watermelon in one day, easily..

I know I can't go that low in calories anymore to do any kind of fasting or lower calorie day. It sends me into oblivian so I don't even attempt it anymore. I will just have to live with slow losses if I want to EAT. I am not a small volume eater in any way possible. OH WELL. Good luck to you though, it is certainly working!!!!

I have to do it my way, or it's the highway.. Thanks Julie, I wish you the best in doing it your way too!!.. I have not really understood Matt's way of losing once you are revved up either, but I do have the book and need to do more reading. If I could eat the food, and slowly lose the weight, I would be happy. It is the GAINING and the tiny tiny losses, that are discouraging.

Oh well, it is a tradeoff, and we need to decide which is more desireable I guess.. what we can live with. I am really interested in seeing how you do Julie!
Quote:
For some reason I just had an EXTRA hungry day yesterday. I could not fill up no matter what. Amazingly today I am fine. Feel smaller even. I swear I have the most backward body chemistry of anyone I know! CRAZY.

I think most of this hunger feeling I am having is because of my short round of steroids ( pred) that I have to take for my allergies.. They suck. I do have to do them now and then though, or I would be totally miserable.

So today I am having some great fresh foods as much as I need. Only real whole fresh food though. I did my 30 min on my bike, will do my weights and my Taebo later... Today I feel good!!
You're a wise woman! The steroids will be a real challenge. If you didn't gain weight on them, you're way ahead of the game! Dd gained 12 lbs in 1 week on them . Slow and steady wins the race! We can do it!!

Quote:

Thanks! I am I'm hoping the lowered calories and increased exercise will work for me. I'll take slow, but get frustrated with none.

I too need to not compare my wait loss with others. I'm tempted to try what works for others (and have) but they haven't worked. JUDDD made me gain work, and fat fast made me sick. So, I'm committed to a few months of 4-5 good workouts a week and shooting for 1700-1800 calories a day. I'm supposed to eat about 2300/day w/ my excise, so that ought to net me a lb a week. (3500 calorie deficit, but i dont believe the calories in cals out thing) We'll see .
julieboolie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 12:55 PM   #868

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
You're a wise woman! The steroids will be a real challenge. If you didn't gain weight on them, you're way ahead of the game! Dd gained 12 lbs in 1 week on them . Slow and steady wins the race! We can do it!!

Thanks! I am I'm hoping the lowered calories and increased exercise will work for me. I'll take slow, but get frustrated with none.

I too need to not compare my wait loss with others. I'm tempted to try what works for others (and have) but they haven't worked. JUDDD made me gain work, and fat fast made me sick. So, I'm committed to a few months of 4-5 good workouts a week and shooting for 1700-1800 calories a day. I'm supposed to eat about 2300/day w/ my excise, so that ought to net me a lb a week. (3500 calorie deficit, but i dont believe the calories in cals out thing) We'll see .
Thanks Julie! I don't know if I gained because I am not going near a scale this week ... I have to take 7 days of 50mg? pred. That has always made me gain, but I don't FEEL bigger, so it is wierd. WOW so your DD gained that much in a week? YIKES.. I know it is so easy on steroids though. UGH!!!!

I am not as hungry today. I feel kind of stuffed, but have not eaten many cals. I have had lots of fruits and veges though, so bulk.

I think your plan sounds perfect Julie, just hang in there and give it a chance to work. I need to also take my own advice in doing that. IT TAKES TIME!! to see results in a normal (NON HCG) way of eating. I have been reading what you and Pandora are talking about and how HCG really does not reset anything... ugh.. what a disappointment. I agree though.

If that actually worked as they said, Obesity would be cured!!.. \

Well ladies we just have to do our best and do it in a way we can live with. BE PATIENT!! and have faith.. support all around!!! We can do this!!
Old 08-21-2013, 12:57 PM   #869
Major LCF Poster!

"Be patient and have faith"

words to live by in weight loss journey!
Old 08-21-2013, 01:17 PM   #870

Quote:
"Be patient and have faith"

words to live by in weight loss journey!
Thanks Lexi!