LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2013, 10:26 AM   #811
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
Oh wow, Hawaii is coming up soon! Time is flying Hawaii is on my bucket list - with 3 kids and the youngest only being 4, I don't see it in my near future
I felt like I would NEVER go .. until my youngest has finally turned 18!!! and my kid got a great job and offered to send us... OR ELSE I know I would be still waiting around to go...

One of these days your kiddos will grow up and you will look around and say where did the time go!.. enjoy enjoy enjoy them now!!
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2013, 10:40 AM   #812
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: 12yrslater
Stats: UGH
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Induction: 10/20/08

Hi dolly

I'm so excited for your Hawaii trip! I can't wait to live vicariously through you...

I too have to wait to go as it's on my Bucket List as well. I will wait til one of my two turn into my cash cow I'm kidding (sorta) I told DS he needs to hurry and finish university so that he can start bringing me the chaching and taking me places!!

Hey, Deb. Question? What is this fabulous new you that you are doing? Care to give me the cliff notes? *bats eyelashes*

You seem sooooo very happy with you! Makes me extremely happy for you
12yrslater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 10:56 AM   #813

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12yrslater View Post

Hi dolly

I'm so excited for your Hawaii trip! I can't wait to live vicariously through you...

I too have to wait to go as it's on my Bucket List as well. I will wait til one of my two turn into my cash cow I'm kidding (sorta) I told DS he needs to hurry and finish university so that he can start bringing me the chaching and taking me places!!

Hey, Deb. Question? What is this fabulous new you that you are doing? Care to give me the cliff notes? *bats eyelashes*

You seem sooooo very happy with you! Makes me extremely happy for you
PATI!!! everytime I see that strong armed woman on my page here I get all hyperventilated..

I started the first week of July following LOOSLEY the Matt Stone 180 degree program to get my metabolism back in shape from all the dieting I have been doing.. ( google )

I got my temperature back into the 98's degree area when it had been low 97's. Matt says that low body temps usually mean your metabolism is not very good. I know mine was not! I was staying the same weight or gaining doing nothing at all different.

He says not to do much exercise, but I found If I was going to be eating so much more food, I needed to move more. I think the no exercise is for those who have burnt themselves out on it. I was NOT one of those..

Basically I have eaten around 3000 cals a day for about a month and a half, so my metabolism is burning like a fire!!! I am losing VERY VERY SLOWLY.. like .8 pounds a week right now, but I am stronger and happier, and healthier than I have been in a long long time!

Right now, I want to lose more weight, but I know I cannot go so low in cals anymore and risk hurting my metabolism again. SO, I keep eating the food and exercising more, and hope I get there someday!!

YOU will have one of your kids provide for you in your old age... They are smart, gorgeous kiddos!! you know they are going to be successful..

So happy you stopped by Patikins!! we miss you! . Come back come back come back!...
Old 08-13-2013, 11:06 AM   #814
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lexiann21
Stats: 256/213.6/175
WOE: Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: March 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
LOL that is how I feel right now, a sweaty ole pig in jeans.. when I go to HAWAII!!!! I want to wear comfy clothes and be able to walk anywhere and everywhere.. Yep, my first trip to Hawaii thanks to my wonderful generous son, so very excited!!

I just really want to be closer to a good weight, but the scale won't keep me from going. The only thing that may postpone us is if I don't feel like I can do all the walking and playing I want to do!!

That is wonderful that your husbands parents do that for their adult kids!! Enjoy!!! AND ENJOY IT THIN!!!
i'd never not plan a vaca based on my body... never never never! so kudos to you. i think its silly not to live your life because of your body. thats not living.
lexiann21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 11:20 AM   #815

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexiann21 View Post
i'd never not plan a vaca based on my body... never never never! so kudos to you. i think its silly not to live your life because of your body. thats not living.
Thanks Lexi!! I agree!! Live your life and don't give a hoot!
Old 08-14-2013, 06:50 AM   #816
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jenmay78
Stats: 284.6/244/199
WOE: Weight loss surgery/IE
Start Date: June 10, 2013
Good morning Deb!!!
Jenmay78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:46 AM   #817

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenmay78 View Post
Good morning Deb!!!
Good Morning/ almost Afternoon!!

Just so busy today, auditors are here and keeping me hopping! Will try to catch up later.. All is well though!!
Old 08-14-2013, 10:53 AM   #818
Major LCF Poster!

busy is good. makes your day go by fast!
Old 08-15-2013, 05:06 AM   #819

WOW was I busy yesterday! Then I got home to more busy!.. The bad part is my exercise suffered and I didn't eat much. I can tell I am retaining water today, so no scale for me!

All is going well with my 180 degree plan.. the good signs are still there and I am full of energy! I am hoping the weight loss will follow in time!

Hope everyone is having a great week!
Old 08-15-2013, 07:51 AM   #820
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning Deb! I was extra busy yesterday too! Calories were a bit low for my taste so I'll be adding more today for sure! DD had to go to the doctor yesterday. She has been fighting some illness and it started to worry me when fever reached 102 She's better and we are waiting for lab results to see what she has. Today will be super busy with appointments and a parent meeting from 7-8pm. Plus my brother is in town and DD and he are running around today gathering last minute things for the convention on Friday. I'm so excited for them, but want to have a relaxing rest of the week

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...g-journey.html
Old 08-15-2013, 10:14 AM   #821

Gosh Jen, hope your daughter is feeling better soon!! Take care of yourself during this busy time!! Sometimes we find it as a good excuse to eat whatever because we can... Oh I am talking to myself!...
Old 08-15-2013, 12:03 PM   #822
Major LCF Poster!

Just found out she has a UTI...She still wants to go out of town but I'm not feeling it if you know what I mean. I don't want to let her down, but sheesh! I don't want her to be away while she's fighting this ugly infection.

Deb??? What do I do??
Old 08-15-2013, 12:07 PM   #823

Quote:
Just found out she has a UTI...She still wants to go out of town but I'm not feeling it if you know what I mean. I don't want to let her down, but sheesh! I don't want her to be away while she's fighting this ugly infection.

Deb??? What do I do??
oh lord this is a tough one!! I wish I had some good advice. I know MY daughter would fight me tooth and nail to get to go. I would imagine it depends on how she is feeling. They gave her meds right? Ugh. hate UTI's!
Old 08-15-2013, 12:17 PM   #824
Major LCF Poster!

yes, they gave her meds...I'm so uneasy about letting her go
Old 08-15-2013, 12:17 PM   #825
Major LCF Poster!

She made all A's and B's...this trip and convention is her reward for a great report card for the her first year of high school.
Old 08-15-2013, 12:21 PM   #826

Well you are Momma so I would talk with her and try to figure it out.... whatever you decide.. you have to be comfortable with it!! I just hope she feels better soon, and you all can feel good about any decision.

That is wonderful about her grades! YAY her!
Old 08-15-2013, 12:36 PM   #827
Major LCF Poster!

Yes!!! So, she went and got a haircut. Not the haircut we like on her. I hate when she shaves one side.
Old 08-15-2013, 12:40 PM   #828

Quote:
Yes!!! So, she went and got a haircut. Not the haircut we like on her. I hate when she shaves one side.
OH my My girls are very independent also, but so far they have not done that to their hair. They had gorgeous blonde hair and both dyed theirs different colors.. one started out black, then purplish, now it is some shade of burgandy.

My other daughter dyed hers black and now it is just a dingy dark blonde.. I told them I sure wish they would have kept their natural color because that is hard to get back.. of course they don't listen..

Good luck JEN! at 15 the fun is just beginning...
Old 08-16-2013, 11:17 AM   #829
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Deb!!! Just realized I hadn't posted today. Hello!!! Hope you have an amazing weekend!
Old 08-16-2013, 12:18 PM   #830

Quote:
Hey Deb!!! Just realized I hadn't posted today. Hello!!! Hope you have an amazing weekend!
Hey Jen!! I forgot to post today too! I am doing well how are you??? I just got back from renewing my Drivers License. ALWAYS FUN!!!! NOT...

I should have known better not to go on a Friday...

So things are going wonderful!!! I am shrinking, I can feel it. Tightening up thank GOD!!! Slowwwwwwwwwwwwwww but sure.. So I am going to keep on going. I am eating less this week, but not too low for me. I would say around 2200 on alternating days, then up to 3000 on weekends. My lowest so far just doing a quick check was around 1600.

I am kind of curious what the scale says tomorrow but not going to sweat it.

Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!!
Old 08-16-2013, 02:27 PM   #831
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Hi there Deb!! So glad to see you doing so well! Keep up the shrinking and enjoy that faster metabolism! how long until Hawaii? Isn't it soon? I want to go back! You will love it!!!

I'm working out more now. 3 times this past 2 weeks, Zumba twice and a class called body attack! They're not kidding. It's a sweaty mess when we're done! Plan to add 2 more classes next week and try for 5/week. I'm trying to drop my calories as often as I can. I can't seem to maintain that for too long. Maybe a less dramatic JUDDD type of plan? Higher cals on the weekends and lighter m-f? We'll see. Stuck in the 160's is a place I've found myself before. I don't want my body to get used to it here.

Have a great weekend!
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 09:19 AM   #832

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Hi there Deb!! So glad to see you doing so well! Keep up the shrinking and enjoy that faster metabolism! how long until Hawaii? Isn't it soon? I want to go back! You will love it!!!

I'm working out more now. 3 times this past 2 weeks, Zumba twice and a class called body attack! They're not kidding. It's a sweaty mess when we're done! Plan to add 2 more classes next week and try for 5/week. I'm trying to drop my calories as often as I can. I can't seem to maintain that for too long. Maybe a less dramatic JUDDD type of plan? Higher cals on the weekends and lighter m-f? We'll see. Stuck in the 160's is a place I've found myself before. I don't want my body to get used to it here.

Have a great weekend!
Hey Julie!! Good to see you!!. Wow those Zumba classes sound brutal! BUT FUN!! I think it is a great idea!!

I am still hanging in there but no loss this week...... I am stepping up the movement, although nothing formal yet. I feel smaller, so the inches are going, the scale is not cooperating though. I feel your pain!! However you are in a much better place on the scale than I am!

What seems high for you, I would love to have right now!.. Anyway, it is all a perception. Once you have been lower, you really don't want to go back up!

Our Hawaii trip is planned for November, but I want to be in better physical shape, so my son told us to decide as we get closer if we want to go then, or in the spring. Either way I am very very excited to see it!!

I just want to be able to explore the island without running out of breath or having to sit down all the time. I want to experience it all like you guys did!!

Well good luck with whatever you decide to do but I would say keep up the exercise!! I AM!!..
Old 08-19-2013, 05:08 AM   #833

Day 46 of the plan to get my metabolism all better... Weight has finally come back to the starting point.. holy crap that is a long time...

The good thing is I have resisted trying a new diet so far, the bad news is I am still FAT...... I am stronger, have more definition. Sleeping better, skin soft as a baby, exercise more, more energy, but still fat... ugh..

I know I can't go back to dieting, but I have to get this fat off... I guess I will up my exercise some and try to cut back on cals some, and see how it goes this week.

I keep thinking that if I could just get this OFF, then I can maintain... well that has been my thinking for years now and when I do get it off temporaril with HCG ( which is the only thing that works anymore for me) I put it back on... SOOOOOOOOOO resist resist resist!!...
Old 08-19-2013, 06:32 AM   #834
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning Deb!! I know just how you feel with the low losses...don't let that scale dictate how you are doing. You have amazing energy and the inches are coming off. That is really what matters

Keep fighting the good fight. You WILL get there
Old 08-19-2013, 07:09 AM   #835

Quote:
Good morning Deb!! I know just how you feel with the low losses...don't let that scale dictate how you are doing. You have amazing energy and the inches are coming off. That is really what matters

Keep fighting the good fight. You WILL get there
Thanks Jen, YOU ROCK!!!
Old 08-19-2013, 07:17 AM   #836
Major LCF Poster!

Happy monday to you, Deb!
Old 08-19-2013, 07:19 AM   #837

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexiann21 View Post
Happy monday to you, Deb!
Happy Monday Lexi!
Old 08-19-2013, 04:48 PM   #838
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Hey deb! Whenever you go to HI will be amazing! Snorkeling was my favorite, but the road to Hana rocked too! I'd go during whale migration season next time,maybe April? I'd love to see that. I'm really excited you'll get to go, you will love it!

I'm plugging away getting in some good workouts, waiting for the scale to cooperate and my hunger to go down. It's really amazing how hungry I am now with the added workouts and some higher carbs. Trying to drink plenty of water to keep full

Take care and happy Monday.
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 05:00 AM   #839

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Hey deb! Whenever you go to HI will be amazing! Snorkeling was my favorite, but the road to Hana rocked too! I'd go during whale migration season next time,maybe April? I'd love to see that. I'm really excited you'll get to go, you will love it!

I'm plugging away getting in some good workouts, waiting for the scale to cooperate and my hunger to go down. It's really amazing how hungry I am now with the added workouts and some higher carbs. Trying to drink plenty of water to keep full

Take care and happy Monday.
That is awesome Julie, I can't wait to go either! Whenever that is. Keep on doing what you are doing it will even itself out, RIGHT?.. This is what I tell myself every day!!.. Hunger is crazy for me now too with the workouts. I guess this is natures way?? anyway, I hate hunger, so I eat the food!
Old 08-20-2013, 06:10 AM   #840
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning Deb!

Eat the Food!!