Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2013, 06:11 AM   #721
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jenmay78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,384
Gallery: Jenmay78
Stats: 284.6/244/199
WOE: Weight loss surgery/IE
Start Date: June 10, 2013
Good morning Deb! You are doing amazing things by feeding yourself. Your body is super happy with you I can tell by the definition you are receiving....woohoo muscles are sexy!

Keep it up girlie! I would love to see how you eat 3350 calories!

Post what you eat!

Yesterday I had:

coffee with cream
peanut butter reeses miniature
toffee stick
cashews 1.5 oz
sloppy joe
tater tots
dr pepper 10 calorie version
2 glasses of wine

This put me at 1500 calories

However, typically I eat more fruit and veggies. I was in a snackish mood yesterday
__________________
"One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well." --Virginia Woolf

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...g-journey.html
Jenmay78 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2013, 06:44 AM   #722
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,554
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenmay78 View Post
Good morning Deb! You are doing amazing things by feeding yourself. Your body is super happy with you I can tell by the definition you are receiving....woohoo muscles are sexy!

Keep it up girlie! I would love to see how you eat 3350 calories!

Post what you eat!

Yesterday I had:

coffee with cream
peanut butter reeses miniature
toffee stick
cashews 1.5 oz
sloppy joe
tater tots
dr pepper 10 calorie version
2 glasses of wine

This put me at 1500 calories

However, typically I eat more fruit and veggies. I was in a snackish mood yesterday
Thanks Jen!! I am healing my old body for sure.. and my body is enjoying it..

Here is what I had yesterday...

Food Name Amount Unit Cals Fat (g) Carbs (g) Prot (g)
Total 3,356 120.3 429.2 159.0
Cream, heavy, 51 5.5 0.4 0.3

Hamburger 284 18.1 0.0 28.2

Ham (water added, boiled) 66 2.3 0.8 10.5

Cheese, natural, Cheddar or American type (2 oz) 228 18.8 0.7 14.1

Roll, wholewheat, soft (homemade bread) 540 8.4 95.7 18.4

Applesauce, stewed apples, 22 0.1 5.6 0.1

Light butter, whipped, tub, salted tablespoon 47 5.2 0.0 0.3

Taco shell, corn (2) 124 5.5 16.7 1.9

Watermelon, raw 18 oz 136 0.7 34.2 2.8

Cherries, sweet, raw (Queen Anne, Bing) 30 129 0.4 32.7 2.2

Cantaloupe (muskmelon), raw 1/2 med 94 0.5 22.5 2.3

Watermelon, raw 18 oz 136 0.7 34.2 2.8

Roll, white, soft (hoagie) 276 4.3 48.9 9.4

OSCAR MAYER, Turkey Breast 45 0.3 2.0 8.4

LIGHT ORANGE (sherbert) 110 0.5 31.0 2.0

Melba toast 58 0.5 11.5 1.8

Mayonnaise, regular 99 10.8 0.5 0.2

Ice cream, regular, chocolate 144 7.3 18.8 2.5

Pork chop, broiled or baked cup, cooked, 340 19.6 0.0 38.4

Potatoes, baked, 145 0.2 33.6 3.1

Butter, whipped, tub, unsalted 67 7.6 0.0 0.1

Yogurt, frozen cup (8 fl oz) 214 2.9 39.2 9.4

Total 3,356 120.3 429.2 159.0

LOTS OF FRUIT!! made some homemade bread, had sandwhiches at lunch, tacos for breakfast, pork chops and potato for dinner, and lots of snacking.
__________________
Finding my way one day at a time.
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 07:15 AM   #723
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jenmay78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,384
Gallery: Jenmay78
Stats: 284.6/244/199
WOE: Weight loss surgery/IE
Start Date: June 10, 2013
That menu looks superb! I love it!!
Jenmay78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 07:23 AM   #724
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,554
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenmay78 View Post
That menu looks superb! I love it!!
Thanks Jen! I have not stuck with anything this long since my last round of HCG and this is much more TASTY!..
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 06:27 AM   #725
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jenmay78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,384
Gallery: Jenmay78
Stats: 284.6/244/199
WOE: Weight loss surgery/IE
Start Date: June 10, 2013
I increased my calories again by 1500 yesterday! My body felt so good. I have been able to keep the wine to just two glasses which is a major accomplishment for me. Will try to keep calories at 1500 this week and see what happens. I'll be happy as long as it goes down and not up! Lol But even I know there is a possibility of a bounce
Jenmay78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 10:36 AM   #726
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,554
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenmay78 View Post
I increased my calories again by 1500 yesterday! My body felt so good. I have been able to keep the wine to just two glasses which is a major accomplishment for me. Will try to keep calories at 1500 this week and see what happens. I'll be happy as long as it goes down and not up! Lol But even I know there is a possibility of a bounce
This is wonderful Jen! It will go DOWN it has no choice at that level I am sure. I don't think you should go below that but who the heck am I to say?? LOL Anyway, keep it up dear lady!!

I just got back from the ER with my 20 year old daughter who has kidney stones. She was in such miserable pain I just had to take the day off and make sure she got taken care of. She is finally sleeping wtih some good pain meds.. We spent 6 hours in the ER!! WHAT? Heck I work for this hospital and I am not a happy camper..

Anyway I was not able to eat for those 6 hours and I was fine. However now I am hungry!!.. Will eat my breakfast and my cals will be MUCH Less today and that is fine. I don't mind mixing it up from day to day. I actually did very well with mixed up cal days in the past. I just want to make sure I eat enough to support all the activity I am doing now days.

Have a wonderful afternoon!! I am trying to get caught up on email... ugh..
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 11:11 AM   #727
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jenmay78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,384
Gallery: Jenmay78
Stats: 284.6/244/199
WOE: Weight loss surgery/IE
Start Date: June 10, 2013
Hi Deb!

I cannot believe she had so much pain. Kidney stones are no fun. My DH had those two years ago. He was hospitalized as well. What do you do at the hospital? I remember dh loved the pain meds. Dilatin I believe was his cocktail of choice

Check in when you can and take care of yourself my friend
Jenmay78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 01:45 PM   #728
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,554
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenmay78 View Post
Hi Deb!

I cannot believe she had so much pain. Kidney stones are no fun. My DH had those two years ago. He was hospitalized as well. What do you do at the hospital? I remember dh loved the pain meds. Dilatin I believe was his cocktail of choice

Check in when you can and take care of yourself my friend
Thanks Jen, apparently the pain is close to childbirth, and I remember having 5 kids with no drugs!.. ugh.. so I know my kiddo was hurting bad. She is doing better now, the drug they gave her is Ketorolac. Never heard of it, but it did the job for her.

I can't believe how little I have eaten today, I better step it up!... I just did a full pool workout for about an hour and feel GREAT!!!
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 01:47 PM   #729
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
SCPeachey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: South Carolina gurl..
Posts: 3,041
Gallery: SCPeachey
Stats: 271/259/145
WOE: ATKINS 72
Start Date: 6/22/13
Hi Deb... Dropping off some luv ... Sorry to hear your daughter is not feeling well...
SCPeachey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 01:52 PM   #730
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,554
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCPeachey View Post
Hi Deb... Dropping off some luv ... Sorry to hear your daughter is not feeling well...
Thanks Deb.. Glad you stopped by!.. I hope all is well with you, but I certainly understand with you working 12 hour shifts that it is difficult to keep up here or eat at regular times!!! I hope you get more time soon... thinking of you!
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 02:38 PM   #731
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
SCPeachey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: South Carolina gurl..
Posts: 3,041
Gallery: SCPeachey
Stats: 271/259/145
WOE: ATKINS 72
Start Date: 6/22/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
Thanks Deb.. Glad you stopped by!.. I hope all is well with you, but I certainly understand with you working 12 hour shifts that it is difficult to keep up here or eat at regular times!!! I hope you get more time soon... thinking of you!

All is well Deb.... It seems if though I dont have time for myself anymore... Even on my days off I have my 2 year old grandaughter and she is more than a handful... One thing that ive noticed is that Im not food crazy right now... I just eat when im hungry... Im not losing of course but im also not gaining... I think Im just burned out with so many diet plans... Freedom feels good right now... Thing is there is still this weight I have to lose and sometimes it makes me anxious... Timing is eveything... I just dont seem to be able to settle down long enough... Thanks lovely lady for thinking of me... I wish that oneday all of us could meet each other... That would be such a blessing...
__________________
Deborah

First mini goal 250
First mini ultimate goal 200


Starting all over again is gonna be tough!
I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST THAT STRENGTHENS ME!

LETS DO THIS!
SCPeachey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 03:09 PM   #732
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,554
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCPeachey View Post
All is well Deb.... It seems if though I dont have time for myself anymore... Even on my days off I have my 2 year old grandaughter and she is more than a handful... One thing that ive noticed is that Im not food crazy right now... I just eat when im hungry... Im not losing of course but im also not gaining... I think Im just burned out with so many diet plans... Freedom feels good right now... Thing is there is still this weight I have to lose and sometimes it makes me anxious... Timing is eveything... I just dont seem to be able to settle down long enough... Thanks lovely lady for thinking of me... I wish that oneday all of us could meet each other... That would be such a blessing...
Awe good Deb, glad you are doing well. 2 year old granddaughter! OH BOY.. that is a workout right there!..

I know how you feel about diets, I have given them up for good. I just can't do them anymore and trust me I have tried. Oh well. So I am not losing and I also have a good amount to lose but I know it will come off in time. I have increased my movement and am allowing my body to heal from too many diets.

Enjoy the freedom and try not to let the scale take your focus off how much better you feel eating to hunger. No worries! I know we always want to try to diet to get it off, and for a while it works, till it doesn't and it all comes back.. ugh... ANYWAY!!!!! I would love for us all to meet someday.. would indeed be a blessing!..
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 03:58 PM   #733
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,554
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
By Matt Stone

Don’t diet. Yes it’s bad for you and slows down your metabolism and worsens your mood and does heinous things to your body in a variety of ways. That’s not what this is about. I’m talking about it being unrealistic. If you think you can just go hungry and will away all your cravings, keep it up forever, and not return to eating what you want when you’re hungry in the face of ever-escalating hunger… Well, you’re just kidding yourself. You’re simply red. And by simply red I mean if you don’t know ME by now, you will never never never know ME. Did you just meet yourself yesterday? Don’t you know what you do when you get hungry and how doomed of a strategy dieting is?

My girlfriend’s parents recently embarked on a diet. 1,500 calories per day for him, 1,200 calories per day for her. They are very much the inspiration for this post. And they have been the catalyst to a great deal of laughter over the last couple of weeks. They came over for dinner the other day about 2 weeks into their starvation quest. I was excited to feed them because I know her dad loves to eat (never seen him eat less than 1500 at a meal, much less in a whole day), they already rave about my food, and I knew with their heightened hunger that I would win them over for life.

As I was getting things finished up in the kitchen, pops says,

“Man this diet sucks. I can’t eat anything. The other day I went to eat some peanuts and could only have 12. 12 peanuts!”

This was almost as funny as the fight they had the other day about Klondike bars…

“Mark you can’t eat that. It has too many calories.”

“Missy I got 500 calories left for the day AT LEAST. These are 250. I can have two uv um if I want.”

Anyway, as expected, in their heightened state of food arousal, they sat down to the table and went nuts. It played out just like studies on restricted food eating show. Once a dieter reaches a certain point and they feel their diet is blown, they will then REALLY start pigging out. Pops was the funniest. I served him up a breast and a leg. 5 minutes later…

“Hey, could you get me another piece of chicken?”

“White meat or dark?”

“I don’t care, just something with skin on it. Don’t give me anything that doesn’t have the skin on it.”
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 06:32 AM   #734
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jenmay78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,384
Gallery: Jenmay78
Stats: 284.6/244/199
WOE: Weight loss surgery/IE
Start Date: June 10, 2013
Hi Pretty Ladies!! I had to stop by and see what you two were up to. I agree with you both; I would LOVE to meet you one day. It would be icing on the cake to meet ya'll!

Deb I just read Matt Stone's post! OMG!! Too funny....I have been there too many times to count. Why do we do this to ourselves...Lol! Week 3 is complete for me to walk to work. I want to add more...I feel like I need more.
Jenmay78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 06:36 AM   #735
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,554
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenmay78 View Post
Hi Pretty Ladies!! I had to stop by and see what you two were up to. I agree with you both; I would LOVE to meet you one day. It would be icing on the cake to meet ya'll!

Deb I just read Matt Stone's post! OMG!! Too funny....I have been there too many times to count. Why do we do this to ourselves...Lol! Week 3 is complete for me to walk to work. I want to add more...I feel like I need more.
AWESOME JOB JEN!! so very proud of you!..

I also don't know why we do this to ourselves, only to give up eat the whole house and get fatter!.. UGH!!..

Have a great day! Very very busy Friday for me, so I will try to catch up later.. I did my pedaling this morning and will do pool later! Also added weights!..
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 09:21 AM   #736
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,554
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Day 28 of Matt Stone's recovery plan... DOING AWESOME!!!

Great energy still, body core feeling strong and much more healthy. Legs getting very strong. ARMS getting stronger. SLEEP getting better! BP is normal.. SKIN SOFT!!!! temps in the 98's all the time now.

Yesterday which started off crappy got better. Daughter is fine now.. either she has passed the stone, or the drugs are working wonders for her. YAY!!!

I ended up around 2500 which is on the low side for me.. I don't weigh until tomorrow, but it does NOT MATTER!!! I don't care what that square thing says. I am in this for health.. my body is loving being fed on a regular basis and it is responding as a normal body again.. it has been too long.

I am officially done with diets.. I have given away my HCG.. I can't will myself to do any kind of restricting again. It just does not work for me. I look around this entire site and see the same thing over and over again. Everyone is gung ho with starting something new ( I WAS TOO!!!) I am not putting anyone down! But where has it gotten us? How many years later, and are we any closer to goal? Really?

Anyway, I support everyone and their choices to do whatever it takes. THIS IS A LOW CARB forum after all!.. Low carb just does not work for MY body anymore.. I have tried and tried to restart and will do well for a day or two, then I feel horrible again. WHY? No idea..

I eat whatever I want, I may lose .5 pounds a WEEK, but I am ok with this now. I have accepted my fate. EXERCISE, MOVEMENT and no restricting is where my life is going to reside. Hey, I may make goal in a couple of years.... better than what I have done in the past 2 years trying to diet..

HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEKEND ALL!!!
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 11:47 AM   #737
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jenmay78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,384
Gallery: Jenmay78
Stats: 284.6/244/199
WOE: Weight loss surgery/IE
Start Date: June 10, 2013
Deb! I love love love your new outlook! You are right about so much. It's interesting that we came to this place around the same time. I'm loving life by moving more and eating good nutritious food. I'm so glad you found Matt Stone. I am super motivated by what you are finding. It still seems unbelievable to me to lose weight at 3000 plus calories. So happy for you and your daughter. Peace be with you my friend!
Jenmay78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 05:51 AM   #738
Way too much time on my hands!
 
shari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 12,220
Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186.6/169-mini goal
WOE: very low carb
Wow Deb, so happy to read that you're at a happy place regarding no more diets/restricted plans. So much more freeing, I'm sure! Wonderful news about your daughter...everyone says it's very, very painful. Have you decided when you're going to Hawaii?
shari is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 06:06 AM   #739
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,554
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenmay78 View Post
Deb! I love love love your new outlook! You are right about so much. It's interesting that we came to this place around the same time. I'm loving life by moving more and eating good nutritious food. I'm so glad you found Matt Stone. I am super motivated by what you are finding. It still seems unbelievable to me to lose weight at 3000 plus calories. So happy for you and your daughter. Peace be with you my friend!
Thanks Jen! I am so happy I found Matt's stuff also, it came at the perfect time for me. So much makes sense!! It is interesting we came to this place around the same time.. I am HAPPY!!!

This morning's weigh in showed a .8 loss again... Hey, it is a small loss but a loss indeed! My avg cals for the week were 3040. This week I am going to not count cals and see how it goes... SCARY...

I do have to keep up the movement for sure and I enjoy it so much now that it won't be a problem for me.. Daughter is fine today.. thank god!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Wow Deb, so happy to read that you're at a happy place regarding no more diets/restricted plans. So much more freeing, I'm sure! Wonderful news about your daughter...everyone says it's very, very painful. Have you decided when you're going to Hawaii?
Thank you Shari.. I appreciate your support because this is not a real easy place to be at first.. I hate gaining and I did gain at first.. Now I am going back down. I don't think I need this many calories anymore, so I am hoping as the number ( I am going to try not to count ) goes down naturally the inches and eventually the pounds will come off.

I just know I was spinning my wheels and miserable.. Adding the exercise was the KEY for me.. makes me not care as much about what I eat. I also know I am not afraid of any kinds of food anymore. With permission to eat whatever, I can head towards more food that feels good to my body. Whatever that is.. it is a process.

My daughter is good today, thank you Kidney stones are no fun!!! Hate seeing her in such pain..

Well off to do some errands and then back to get in some pool time before anyone else gets up!..
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 08:15 AM   #740
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,554
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Day 30 Matt Stones program.

Feeling good, I also feel like I overate yesterday. Didn't keep a cal count, but I felt overfull. I don't like that feeling at all.

Today, don't overeat. DUH......
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 04:26 PM   #741
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,554
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Oh Shari, I forgot to answer your Hawaii question. We have plans for November as of now.. However If I don't feel like I can do all the things I want to do by then, we will wait. I HOPE that keeping up the exercise and adding weights I will be a shape to roam the islands at will!!!
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 07:22 AM   #742
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jenmay78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,384
Gallery: Jenmay78
Stats: 284.6/244/199
WOE: Weight loss surgery/IE
Start Date: June 10, 2013
Good morning Deb! So good to see you are continuing to lose. The walk this morning was more difficult than when I first started. Not really sure why...no wine, but I did over do it a bit this weekend food wise that is...and no exercise at all this weekend. i need to stop one or the other
Jenmay78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 07:43 AM   #743
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,554
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenmay78 View Post
Good morning Deb! So good to see you are continuing to lose. The walk this morning was more difficult than when I first started. Not really sure why...no wine, but I did over do it a bit this weekend food wise that is...and no exercise at all this weekend. i need to stop one or the other
That is exactly what happened to me when I didnt exercise one day.. if i didn't exercise for 2 days in a row I would feel awful..

My losses are pretty darn tiny, but oh well.. Better than I was just standing still.. This week I am backing down more calories, or at least I think so, I am not counting them as stictly as I was. I just don't like that FULL feeling at all. i want to be satisfied, but not overfull.

This is such a PROCESS! Each day is a new learning experience for sure. I think the main changes I have made that I will keep are:

1) EXERCISE!

2) not labeling food good or bad

3) not worrying about carbs anymore. I have had zero stomach problems since I have given up trying to do strict Atkins. This is exactly OPPOSITE of what I was told should happen.

I was told that If I ate carbs I would have all kinds of stomach problems. Turns out for (ME) when I restrict the carbs to less than 20 I have the worst aching bloating stomach ever. NO IDEA WHY!!!

4) no more eating below 1800 cals if possible. LOVED losing on HCG, but hated starving my body. I will have to accept the much slower losses.

5) stressing about the scale. No more. It does not decide how my day will go, or how I feel.

6) not being critical of my body or anyone else's body or journey. We are all unique. Love yourself as you are, and it will be a natural thing to love yourself when you get smaller.. or not?
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 07:58 AM   #744
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jenmay78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,384
Gallery: Jenmay78
Stats: 284.6/244/199
WOE: Weight loss surgery/IE
Start Date: June 10, 2013
Hey Deb!! Love the list and the wonderful outlook on things! Just wondering what you do for exercise now. I need to move more. I can feel how achy I get when I don't do anything all weekend. Do you know how many calories you burn in the pool and your wee bicycle under your desk?


I know what you mean by not liking the feeling of being full. I hate feeling full. This weekend I was just eating everything in sight. It was hilarious. Oh well, I'm looking forward to my fasting days today and tomorrow.
Jenmay78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 08:04 AM   #745
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,554
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenmay78 View Post
Hey Deb!! Love the list and the wonderful outlook on things! Just wondering what you do for exercise now. I need to move more. I can feel how achy I get when I don't do anything all weekend. Do you know how many calories you burn in the pool and your wee bicycle under your desk?


I know what you mean by not liking the feeling of being full. I hate feeling full. This weekend I was just eating everything in sight. It was hilarious. Oh well, I'm looking forward to my fasting days today and tomorrow.
Well for exercise I am doing the full Taebo workout in the pool now.. about 50 minutes if I do the whole thing about 30 if I do the basic. I really don't know what that burns but I want to get a fitbit..

My little bike, again, no idea but it ends up being about 5,000 rotations or so? like a stepper keeps track of steps this keeps track of rotations.

I have also started to lift some weights my hubby has at home. NOT MUCH YET, but they say to try to lift something HEAVY a few times a day.. and that will help with strength and also burn some cals..

I am just trying to really MOVE more.. take the stairs all that jazz they tell us. I get up and walk around every hour for awhie where I used to just sit all day long.

I don't really like formal exercise too much, but getting the body to MOVE rather than be static is my goal..
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 08:09 AM   #746
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jenmay78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,384
Gallery: Jenmay78
Stats: 284.6/244/199
WOE: Weight loss surgery/IE
Start Date: June 10, 2013
Well it is obviously WORKING! Keep it up Deb!!! I love every minute of your transformation!

It is so fun to watch someone do what they were meant to do...take a look at this

Dove Canada Uses Photoshop Trojan Horse to Shame Potential Body-Shamers | Co.Create: Creativity \ Culture \ Commerce
Jenmay78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 09:09 AM   #747
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,554
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenmay78 View Post
Well it is obviously WORKING! Keep it up Deb!!! I love every minute of your transformation!

It is so fun to watch someone do what they were meant to do...take a look at this

Dove Canada Uses Photoshop Trojan Horse to Shame Potential Body-Shamers | Co.Create: Creativity Culture Commerce
Thanks Jen!!! WOW that video is crazy. I believe it though, the world is obsessed with perfection which does NOT EXIST!!..

You have a wonderful day my friend!..
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 10:55 AM   #748
Big Yapper!!!!
 
12yrslater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 7,813
Gallery: 12yrslater
Stats: UGH
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Induction: 10/20/08
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
That is exactly what happened to me when I didnt exercise one day.. if i didn't exercise for 2 days in a row I would feel awful..

My losses are pretty darn tiny, but oh well.. Better than I was just standing still.. This week I am backing down more calories, or at least I think so, I am not counting them as stictly as I was. I just don't like that FULL feeling at all. i want to be satisfied, but not overfull.

This is such a PROCESS! Each day is a new learning experience for sure. I think the main changes I have made that I will keep are:

1) EXERCISE!

2) not labeling food good or bad

3) not worrying about carbs anymore. I have had zero stomach problems since I have given up trying to do strict Atkins. This is exactly OPPOSITE of what I was told should happen.

I was told that If I ate carbs I would have all kinds of stomach problems. Turns out for (ME) when I restrict the carbs to less than 20 I have the worst aching bloating stomach ever. NO IDEA WHY!!!

4) no more eating below 1800 cals if possible. LOVED losing on HCG, but hated starving my body. I will have to accept the much slower losses.

5) stressing about the scale. No more. It does not decide how my day will go, or how I feel.

6) not being critical of my body or anyone else's body or journey. We are all unique. Love yourself as you are, and it will be a natural thing to love yourself when you get smaller.. or not?
No need to send the ransom money! I'm still around!!!! (not that you would anyway )

I've been lil' by lil', here and there, when time at work permits been reading your journal! You know I've always looked up to you. Whether you were dieting or not, I've always admired the fact that you have been honest to yourself. I loved that about you since the day I read your first journal. Not only are you honest to yourself but you put the truth out there for others to read no matter what anyone thinks! You're like my hero

Just wanted to come on here to say hi....Tell you I miss you BERRY VERRY VERY MUCHO!!!!

Work hasn't slowed down (got worse if anything) but I am now trying to learn to disconnect at least during lunch. I was starting to burnout!!! So, first person I thought to come say hi to is you, my dear dear Deb!!!
12yrslater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 12:48 PM   #749
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,554
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12yrslater View Post
No need to send the ransom money! I'm still around!!!! (not that you would anyway )

I've been lil' by lil', here and there, when time at work permits been reading your journal! You know I've always looked up to you. Whether you were dieting or not, I've always admired the fact that you have been honest to yourself. I loved that about you since the day I read your first journal. Not only are you honest to yourself but you put the truth out there for others to read no matter what anyone thinks! You're like my hero

Just wanted to come on here to say hi....Tell you I miss you BERRY VERRY VERY MUCHO!!!!

Work hasn't slowed down (got worse if anything) but I am now trying to learn to disconnect at least during lunch. I was starting to burnout!!! So, first person I thought to come say hi to is you, my dear dear Deb!!!
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWEEEEE PATI!!!!

Girl I keep up with you on FB but WOW do I miss you!... So happy you stopped by and such a sweeheart!!! Thank you hon!.

Yep, I get brutally honest with myself when it comes down to it!.. I am most certainly not politically correct on anything ...

I really can't worry about what others think because that would trip me up on my way to GOAL!.. Plus I am old and have earned my say..

I know all is well with you, but it would be awesome if you dropped in more often!.. heck I would pay the ransom!..

MISS YOU!..
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 07:50 AM   #750
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jenmay78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,384
Gallery: Jenmay78
Stats: 284.6/244/199
WOE: Weight loss surgery/IE
Start Date: June 10, 2013
Good morning Deb!
Jenmay78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:04 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.