Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2013, 07:52 AM   #571
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,633
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenmay78 View Post
Eating WARM foods...what is that?
when I get home I will copy the list. However. They include but not in any order really.
1) sugar!
2) starch
3) fat- saturated
4) salt
5) meat, esp beef
6/ eggs

So anything in these categories is has a warming effect on your body. Do you have to eat sugar and starch? no, but he definately says to go for it.. eat whatever you LOVE. Nothing that you don't.

Cheese is one of the best warming foods. He also says to eat something with fat and sugar/salty when you first get up to get the engine running. He suggests pancakes, toast and butter, french toast, cheesy eggs, etc. eat the majority of your cals early... ( i already did that!)

Biscuts and gravy, hashbrowns, ( see all the carbs?) this is to make us unafraid of carbs and especially if we have been LC for a long time.

Honestly, my ouchy stomach has been purring this week. No pains like I was having on LC. He is not really bashing LC , just saying that like any DIET, you will do well at first and hummmm along.. then after around 6 months you start to gain it back doing what you were doing. Lots of discussion. It is interesting. I figure what do I have to lose? I have TRIED EVERYTHING ELSE... why not... I can't lose any consistant way on LC anymore. UGH.
__________________
Finding my way one day at a time.
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2013, 08:07 AM   #572
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jenmay78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,624
Gallery: Jenmay78
Stats: 284.6/237.8/199
WOE: Weight loss surgery/JUDDD
Start Date: June 10, 2013
Oh, wow! Thanks and please post the list. I am encouraged but also quit disturbed to see sugar on this list....I would LOVE to be a big breakfast eater again...i don't have any problems anymore not eating with the family. I'm eager to see your progress! The first time I did IF; I failed badly! Now, it's effortless for me. I don't even feel like I'm fasting for weight loss. I love the way food tastes when I break my fast
Jenmay78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 08:13 AM   #573
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,633
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenmay78 View Post
Oh, wow! Thanks and please post the list. I am encouraged but also quit disturbed to see sugar on this list....I would LOVE to be a big breakfast eater again...i don't have any problems anymore not eating with the family. I'm eager to see your progress! The first time I did IF; I failed badly! Now, it's effortless for me. I don't even feel like I'm fasting for weight loss. I love the way food tastes when I break my fast
I willl keep you informed, but you are doing so well as you are, just keep on going girl!!!!

I know sugar is something I won't add anyway....
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 08:32 AM   #574
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jenmay78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,624
Gallery: Jenmay78
Stats: 284.6/237.8/199
WOE: Weight loss surgery/JUDDD
Start Date: June 10, 2013
Thanks! i'm not planning on changing anything! I really don't restrict myself too badly. The main goal is keeping the cals under or at 1200. That's not difficult thanks to my HHCG and high fat diet. Typical menu is:

Breakfast-coffee, half and half (two tubs) and sweet-n-low (one packet)
Lunch-Atkins frozen meal or Salad with protein and high fat dressing
Dinner-Salad with protein and high fat dressing or vinaigrette
Snack if needed-Grapes, watermelon, etc
Jenmay78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 09:12 AM   #575
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,633
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenmay78 View Post
Thanks! i'm not planning on changing anything! I really don't restrict myself too badly. The main goal is keeping the cals under or at 1200. That's not difficult thanks to my HHCG and high fat diet. Typical menu is:

Breakfast-coffee, half and half (two tubs) and sweet-n-low (one packet)
Lunch-Atkins frozen meal or Salad with protein and high fat dressing
Dinner-Salad with protein and high fat dressing or vinaigrette
Snack if needed-Grapes, watermelon, etc
Great menu!! Should be no problem dropping the pounds and winning your challenge!!
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 02:39 PM   #576
Way too much time on my hands!
 
shari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 12,264
Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186/179-mini goal
WOE: hcg 2.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
when I get home I will copy the list. However. They include but not in any order really.
1) sugar!
2) starch
3) fat- saturated
4) salt
5) meat, esp beef
6/ eggs

So anything in these categories is has a warming effect on your body. Do you have to eat sugar and starch? no, but he definately says to go for it.. eat whatever you LOVE. Nothing that you don't.

Cheese is one of the best warming foods. He also says to eat something with fat and sugar/salty when you first get up to get the engine running. He suggests pancakes, toast and butter, french toast, cheesy eggs, etc. eat the majority of your cals early... ( i already did that!)

Biscuts and gravy, hashbrowns, ( see all the carbs?) this is to make us unafraid of carbs and especially if we have been LC for a long time.

Honestly, my ouchy stomach has been purring this week. No pains like I was having on LC. He is not really bashing LC , just saying that like any DIET, you will do well at first and hummmm along.. then after around 6 months you start to gain it back doing what you were doing. Lots of discussion. It is interesting. I figure what do I have to lose? I have TRIED EVERYTHING ELSE... why not... I can't lose any consistant way on LC anymore. UGH.
Wow, quite interesting. I'm very intrigued. I guess I've followed this plan a little bit today unknowingly as I had sweet potato fries for breakfast (you know I loves them LOL) and they have sugar and are lightly salted, and beef patties with cheese for lunch and dinner. (I've been trying to eat my carbs earlier in the day to burn off before bedtime).But I agree, why not try it and stick with our record of trying everything/plan known to man! I'm certainly down to try it after using you as our guinea pig
shari is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 02:47 PM   #577
Way too much time on my hands!
 
shari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 12,264
Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186/179-mini goal
WOE: hcg 2.0
oops forgot to post exercise for today...are we using your journal or posting in our own? I walked/jogged 2miles today on treadmill, still feeling good and motivated.
shari is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 02:59 PM   #578
Big Yapper!!!!
 
julieboolie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Sunny AZ
Posts: 8,817
Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
Yep check out 180degreehealth by Matt Stone. Our goal is to be healthy for the long run. I am amazed that my body temp is so low. I don't feel cold at all, but when I wake up it is only 97. I think Julie wrote about this before. My metabolism is SHOT. Capoot. No wonder I can't lose anything long lasting. UGH.

With each diet round or dieting of any kind including Low Carb, we get fatter when we just can't stick to it. I imagine my fat % is off the charts about now.. I know I can't continue to yo yo.

Have a great day all!!! I for one, am EXCITED!!!
Hey there! Sorry I haven't dropped in here lately. Looks like you've been busy!! Ahhh, Matt stone! I know his stuff. Do you remember the RRARF discussions? Very similar to what you're doing, resting though is the only difference - he advised not exercising during the refeed. I gained about 10 lbs through that month+ I refed and enjoyed it immensely! My temps are better, and on days I've had more sugar they're really higher. I wish I could say I lost it while still eating higher cals and typically forbidden foods (like that warm list) but I didn't. I had to go back to Hcg to drop some lbs. but, I will say, that although I'm up some on the scale these days, I do feel like my metabolism is much better now than it was last year pre-RRARF . And, truthfully, it's fun!

I should join you guys in the exercise challenge. I got off track w/ bith dd bdays in one week, then dd's surgery last week. I need to make it a habit even when life gets crazy. I'm in.
__________________
Julie
Prov. 3:5-6 - "He shall direct (my) paths"
Daily updates in my journal. http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...s-journal.html
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 03:50 PM   #579
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,633
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Wow, quite interesting. I'm very intrigued. I guess I've followed this plan a little bit today unknowingly as I had sweet potato fries for breakfast (you know I loves them LOL) and they have sugar and are lightly salted, and beef patties with cheese for lunch and dinner. (I've been trying to eat my carbs earlier in the day to burn off before bedtime).But I agree, why not try it and stick with our record of trying everything/plan known to man! I'm certainly down to try it after using you as our guinea pig
HAHA .. yes we do get into that pattern of different diets don't we?... Well I will be the guinea pig on this one.. I will keep on reporting what is happening.. so far I am loving the feeding, the energy and not the weight hanging around... That part though will turn around I hope!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
oops forgot to post exercise for today...are we using your journal or posting in our own? I walked/jogged 2miles today on treadmill, still feeling good and motivated.
Yes, please feel free to post your exercise.. that is wonderful Shari!! 2 miles? Great! I am in from my 30 min swim after work and feeling FABULOUS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Hey there! Sorry I haven't dropped in here lately. Looks like you've been busy!! Ahhh, Matt stone! I know his stuff. Do you remember the RRARF discussions? Very similar to what you're doing, resting though is the only difference - he advised not exercising during the refeed. I gained about 10 lbs through that month+ I refed and enjoyed it immensely! My temps are better, and on days I've had more sugar they're really higher. I wish I could say I lost it while still eating higher cals and typically forbidden foods (like that warm list) but I didn't. I had to go back to Hcg to drop some lbs. but, I will say, that although I'm up some on the scale these days, I do feel like my metabolism is much better now than it was last year pre-RRARF . And, truthfully, it's fun!

I should join you guys in the exercise challenge. I got off track w/ bith dd bdays in one week, then dd's surgery last week. I need to make it a habit even when life gets crazy. I'm in.
Yes Julie, I do remember you talking about this last year.. I remember you being scared of gaining too much and quitting the refeed. I don't blame you!! I don't want to gain too much either.

I know he says to rest and not exercise, but I am reading in his latest book that if you feel like moving around and doing things it is fine. He just wants us to stay away from formal exercise and hard workouts. None of that for me, but I am MOVING MORE!! for sure! I hope I can get this old metabolism moving and staying moving for good! We shall see!!

I know you are going through so much so I hope things calm down for you soon and you can join in the exercise!! Take care Julie!!!
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 05:55 AM   #580
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jenmay78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,624
Gallery: Jenmay78
Stats: 284.6/237.8/199
WOE: Weight loss surgery/JUDDD
Start Date: June 10, 2013
Good morning, Deb!! Exercise in from yesterday was 10 minute walk, 100 sit-ups and 20 squats. I am also debating getting the daily burn on my computer since I love to dance. I do better in group exercise, but can't afford to join a gym just yet.
Jenmay78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 05:55 AM   #581
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jenmay78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,624
Gallery: Jenmay78
Stats: 284.6/237.8/199
WOE: Weight loss surgery/JUDDD
Start Date: June 10, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
oops forgot to post exercise for today...are we using your journal or posting in our own? I walked/jogged 2miles today on treadmill, still feeling good and motivated.
Great job on the exercise Shari!!
Jenmay78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 06:02 AM   #582
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,633
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenmay78 View Post
Good morning, Deb!! Exercise in from yesterday was 10 minute walk, 100 sit-ups and 20 squats. I am also debating getting the daily burn on my computer since I love to dance. I do better in group exercise, but can't afford to join a gym just yet.
YAY!! hey, every bit of movement counts, and I can't afford a gym either.. so I went out back to my pool and splashed for 30 minutes...

Ok, so really I do my taebo routines in the pool and it saves my back.. My poor back is not in great shape after surgery several years ago. I do my best though!!! Enjoying the water and enjoying the ENERGY I HAVE NOW!!

This is my 6th day of working to get my temps up and exercising my way. I am loving it still!! Less fluids made such a huge difference for me immediately, and now I am burning more cals too.. I can feel it!

Eating is still very high in cals . yesterday was around 2800 I would say. I am actually LESS bloated today that I was in the past eating that much. In fact i don't have any negative feelings in my gut anymore.. I used to eat carbs and be bloated and aching most of the day. NOW, i just dont. Mind over matter? Increased burning? Don't know. I just know as long as I feel so good, I am continuing my experiment!

Have a great day!!!
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 06:12 AM   #583
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jenmay78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,624
Gallery: Jenmay78
Stats: 284.6/237.8/199
WOE: Weight loss surgery/JUDDD
Start Date: June 10, 2013
Hi Deb! I agree. I could've just laid in bed, but got up and started doing sit-ups and squats. I want to get one of those under desk exercise bikes. Which one do you have? Do you like it? I LOVE taebo. Billy Blanks is awesome and fun to workout with on the TV. I miss my gym membership and will find a way to get it back. The lunch classes are awesome. They also have Zumba and one that is mostly weightlifting. I forget what it's called. I am preparing for the big interview tomorrow. Fingers crossed. Either way I will do amazing!!
__________________
"One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well." --Virginia Woolf

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...g-journey.html
Jenmay78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 06:21 AM   #584
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,633
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenmay78 View Post
Hi Deb! I agree. I could've just laid in bed, but got up and started doing sit-ups and squats. I want to get one of those under desk exercise bikes. Which one do you have? Do you like it? I LOVE taebo. Billy Blanks is awesome and fun to workout with on the TV. I miss my gym membership and will find a way to get it back. The lunch classes are awesome. They also have Zumba and one that is mostly weightlifting. I forget what it's called. I am preparing for the big interview tomorrow. Fingers crossed. Either way I will do amazing!!
LOVE LOVE LOVE your attitude Jen!!! OMG what a difference it is around here with you joining us again! Love it!!

I agree, you could have just laid down and said boo hooo woe is me, I can't afford the gym right now.. but you didn't! So proud of you!!

My little peddler is one I got from amazon and it was around $80. I love it, but there are many options out there. I was looking at just now to find the name of it.. nothing on there! It does say TDC TC CA. whatever that is..

If you just put a search in for one you can find a nice selection. LOVE IT!!! I can't wait to be in better physical shape so I have an option for a gym. i always loved taking those dance type classes and ZUMBA is awesome!! you kind of lose yourself to the music if you don't mind not actually following all the steps...
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 06:31 AM   #585
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jenmay78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,624
Gallery: Jenmay78
Stats: 284.6/237.8/199
WOE: Weight loss surgery/JUDDD
Start Date: June 10, 2013
I heart you all TOO!! I came back because this is the place that kept me motivated and in check. I never really KNEW it until I was spinning out of control. Then it was just easier to surround myself with people who weren't interested in uplifting their condition. It's a cold and desolate place to be because no one cares and will not tell you that you are destroying yourself.

On the brighter side; I will look into the peddler on Amazon. LOVE Amazon!! I buy most of my things there. They support workplace equality...something my family is a stronger supporter of. I know what you mean by Zumba. I am hopeless when it comes to dancing..no rhythm. I'm Latina...nuff said...no these hips do not lie...they are not shaking with the beat...they shake to their own beat LOL
Jenmay78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 06:37 AM   #586
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,633
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenmay78 View Post
I heart you all TOO!! I came back because this is the place that kept me motivated and in check. I never really KNEW it until I was spinning out of control. Then it was just easier to surround myself with people who weren't interested in uplifting their condition. It's a cold and desolate place to be because no one cares and will not tell you that you are destroying yourself.

On the brighter side; I will look into the peddler on Amazon. LOVE Amazon!! I buy most of my things there. They support workplace equality...something my family is a stronger supporter of. I know what you mean by Zumba. I am hopeless when it comes to dancing..no rhythm. I'm Latina...nuff said...no these hips do not lie...they are not shaking with the beat...they shake to their own beat LOL
I hear you!!! too funny

I am actually using my peddler right now. makes writing a little shakey, but it works!! keeps me busy while reading and doing other work.. love amazon too!!!
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 11:12 AM   #587
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,633
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
A few things I have noticed since starting this interesting plan:

1) MASSIVE energy-- so much I have move my body all the time. I even find myself doing arm exercises in the bathroom stall..

2) My skin is sooooo smooth!! The biggest change in skin is my heels!! They were getting dry and cracked so badly that I thought there would never be a change. Well today they are getting pink and smooth! It has been YEARS since I had smooth skin on my heels.. I AM AMAZED and i don't understand what it is.

3) since i stopped drinking so much fluid my feet do not swell at work anymore. I sleep well, don't get up to pee 6 times a night. I still have room for improvement but it is better!!

4) I can eat anything and I don't hurt. Anything.

5) I have hit a peak in my weight... expected of course. I have to stick this through though, so it will go downhill. I can FEEL my gut getting smaller though.

6) My hourly flucuation with HEAT ( hot flashes) are evening out this week. I don't have any cold times at all, and the HOT times are much less.

7) My temperature is steadily in the mid 98's after 6 days. Metabolism is purring..

If I think of more, I will add... Oh and I am THRILLED to be eating this way..
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 11:26 AM   #588
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jenmay78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,624
Gallery: Jenmay78
Stats: 284.6/237.8/199
WOE: Weight loss surgery/JUDDD
Start Date: June 10, 2013
Hi Deb,

I am so intrigued with you and your changes. I would LOVE smooth heels and good skin. I was a hungry girl this afternoon and noticed that after I ate my meal I wanted more. I drank some and let my mind catch up with my tummy. I want to only eat to satiety. No more no less...I've found that I can eat less some days and more on others. Intuitive eating I guess...I love that you are doing well with this. That is great...please keep posting your changes and observations
Jenmay78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 11:33 AM   #589
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,633
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenmay78 View Post
Hi Deb,

I am so intrigued with you and your changes. I would LOVE smooth heels and good skin. I was a hungry girl this afternoon and noticed that after I ate my meal I wanted more. I drank some and let my mind catch up with my tummy. I want to only eat to satiety. No more no less...I've found that I can eat less some days and more on others. Intuitive eating I guess...I love that you are doing well with this. That is great...please keep posting your changes and observations
Thanks Jen! I know you should definately listen to your body .. you are doing very well with that. Some days we just need to have more.. your body won't lie .. well too much...

Just keep on doing what you are doing, and so will I!.. EXCITED!!!
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 11:42 AM   #590
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jenmay78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,624
Gallery: Jenmay78
Stats: 284.6/237.8/199
WOE: Weight loss surgery/JUDDD
Start Date: June 10, 2013
Me too!! I think I jumped from different WOE so often because I was envious of the what that person could have and that I was in a WOE that said that was not allowed. I think by allowing myself sugar and starch; it granted me the freedom to make my life my own. I don't know how else to describe it except it works for me and I love the way I feel. I am satisfied and committed. I can not say the same for any other time I tried to lose weight. Let's be good to ourselves
Jenmay78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 11:45 AM   #591
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,633
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenmay78 View Post
Me too!! I think I jumped from different WOE so often because I was envious of the what that person could have and that I was in a WOE that said that was not allowed. I think by allowing myself sugar and starch; it granted me the freedom to make my life my own. I don't know how else to describe it except it works for me and I love the way I feel. I am satisfied and committed. I can not say the same for any other time I tried to lose weight. Let's be good to ourselves
PERFECT!! I love IE and I love just letting go of the restraints of diets.. I am excited for both of us, I could have written all of what you just said..
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 01:06 PM   #592
Way too much time on my hands!
 
shari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 12,264
Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186/179-mini goal
WOE: hcg 2.0
Deb, that's wonderful news!! What a great difference made already in just 6 days. I can only see it getting better. Congrats on exercising!! How lucky you are to have a pool in all this heat and one of the best exercises for back problems. Love your posts about the new plan, keep 'em coming

Julie~ I agree with Deb, you have a lot going on but adding exercise helps so much with stress, as you already know. We'd love for you to join us and post here.

Jen~fingers crossed for interview tomorrow. Like Deb said, your positive attitude is so contagious...take that to the interview and they will love to have your energy around them. Congrats on exercising and moving!!
shari is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 01:13 PM   #593
Way too much time on my hands!
 
shari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 12,264
Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186/179-mini goal
WOE: hcg 2.0
oops forgot to add exercise for today was interval training using a youtube video that was recommended by a personal trainer. It was intense and only about 15 min or so, but I was out of breath and sweating like I'd been on my treadmill for 30 min+ I was cursing under my breathe while doing it, but good stuff LOL
shari is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 01:18 PM   #594
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,633
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Deb, that's wonderful news!! What a great difference made already in just 6 days. I can only see it getting better. Congrats on exercising!! How lucky you are to have a pool in all this heat and one of the best exercises for back problems. Love your posts about the new plan, keep 'em coming

Julie~ I agree with Deb, you have a lot going on but adding exercise helps so much with stress, as you already know. We'd love for you to join us and post here.

Jen~fingers crossed for interview tomorrow. Like Deb said, your positive attitude is so contagious...take that to the interview and they will love to have your energy around them. Congrats on exercising and moving!!
Thanks Shari! I am just flabbergasted at how fast revving up my metabolism is going.. and THRILLED!!! I will continue to post small and large things that I notice..

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
oops forgot to add exercise for today was interval training using a youtube video that was recommended by a personal trainer. It was intense and only about 15 min or so, but I was out of breath and sweating like I'd been on my treadmill for 30 min+ I was cursing under my breathe while doing it, but good stuff LOL
WOW!!! that is wonderful! .. I would be like you after 15 min also.. It will take time so give yourself lots of growing room!.. Excited for you though! You did it!..

OH YES JEN!! GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR INTERVIEW!!!!
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 01:46 PM   #595
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jenmay78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,624
Gallery: Jenmay78
Stats: 284.6/237.8/199
WOE: Weight loss surgery/JUDDD
Start Date: June 10, 2013
Hi Ladies! 20 minute brisk walk this afternoon. It was effortless because i had companionship. One of my co-workers is active and has allowed me to come with her on her walks. I thank her each time for taking me on a walk. I love how I feel when I get back. Interview is at 1:30pm tomorrow...eeekkkkk...this is the 4th time i've interviewed with this company. Time to git er dun! lol!!

Great job with the exercise!! I'm planning on taking the kids to the pool or a walk depending on what they are in the mood for.

Hugs!
Jenmay78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 05:26 AM   #596
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,633
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenmay78 View Post
Hi Ladies! 20 minute brisk walk this afternoon. It was effortless because i had companionship. One of my co-workers is active and has allowed me to come with her on her walks. I thank her each time for taking me on a walk. I love how I feel when I get back. Interview is at 1:30pm tomorrow...eeekkkkk...this is the 4th time i've interviewed with this company. Time to git er dun! lol!!

Great job with the exercise!! I'm planning on taking the kids to the pool or a walk depending on what they are in the mood for.

Hugs!
Morning! I did my little bike about an hour yesterday, then pool for 30 min, and today I am just so happy it is FRIDAY!.. Not much time today, so I am hoping to pop in when I can. Heading to my Mom's after work, and will be back Sunday. CHALLENGE is to continue to exercise while eating like a queen!

Jen good luck, you got this!!
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 06:07 AM   #597
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jenmay78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,624
Gallery: Jenmay78
Stats: 284.6/237.8/199
WOE: Weight loss surgery/JUDDD
Start Date: June 10, 2013
Thanks, Deb!! Great job with the movement and activities. You're body is probably loving every minute of it. You can do this...eat and continue down this amazing path you have found. My plan this weekend is to definitely get out and walk. I found out that I live 2.4 miles from work. I am going to challenge myself to walk to work each day, then take a bus home. Not sure about the bus thing, but it sure sounds amazing.
Jenmay78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 06:47 AM   #598
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,633
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenmay78 View Post
Thanks, Deb!! Great job with the movement and activities. You're body is probably loving every minute of it. You can do this...eat and continue down this amazing path you have found. My plan this weekend is to definitely get out and walk. I found out that I live 2.4 miles from work. I am going to challenge myself to walk to work each day, then take a bus home. Not sure about the bus thing, but it sure sounds amazing.
oh WOW Jen, that is quite a goal you have! ESPECIALLY in the heat of Texas! YIKES! .. One thing for sure your body temp will be GREAT!.. and burn off whatever you want to burn..

My body is loving every minute of exercise I give it. I forgot how it feels to have some strength again. Not MUCH, but some..

One thing I am Loving about this, is my skin. Like I said the other day, I had always heard you should drink plenty of water to keep your skin soft, but I am finding drinking way LESS is doing the trick for me, along with the other thiings I am doing of course.

I now only have about 6 cups of water a day compared to where I was before. Only 1 tea and 1 coffee among that total. My skin on my arms is as soft as a baby's behind! IT IS SO WIERD!! . now if I could get the skin on my face to turn back the years to about 29 or so........

Anyway!! Good luck again Jen, and have a marvelous MOVEMENT DAY!!!

OH I forgot to add!! MY BOY ADAM LAMBERT IS JOINING GLEE!!! whooo hooo.. never watched Glee before, but now I WILL!

Last edited by Deb294evr; 07-12-2013 at 06:48 AM..
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 06:53 AM   #599
Way too much time on my hands!
 
shari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 12,264
Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186/179-mini goal
WOE: hcg 2.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenmay78 View Post
Hi Ladies! 20 minute brisk walk this afternoon. It was effortless because i had companionship. One of my co-workers is active and has allowed me to come with her on her walks. I thank her each time for taking me on a walk. I love how I feel when I get back. Interview is at 1:30pm tomorrow...eeekkkkk...this is the 4th time i've interviewed with this company. Time to git er dun! lol!!

Great job with the exercise!! I'm planning on taking the kids to the pool or a walk depending on what they are in the mood for.

Hugs!
WTG Jen on keeping active!! Keeping fingers and toes crossed for the interview today. Just keep your positive attitude and the rest is history....4th interview is very, very promising.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
Morning! I did my little bike about an hour yesterday, then pool for 30 min, and today I am just so happy it is FRIDAY!.. Not much time today, so I am hoping to pop in when I can. Heading to my Mom's after work, and will be back Sunday. CHALLENGE is to continue to exercise while eating like a queen!

Jen good luck, you got this!!
WTG Deb on exercising!! I'm so glad it's Friday too. Hope Mom is well, safe travels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenmay78 View Post
Thanks, Deb!! Great job with the movement and activities. You're body is probably loving every minute of it. You can do this...eat and continue down this amazing path you have found. My plan this weekend is to definitely get out and walk. I found out that I live 2.4 miles from work. I am going to challenge myself to walk to work each day, then take a bus home. Not sure about the bus thing, but it sure sounds amazing.
One of my good friends did this prior to her getting married...she lived a couple miles from work and decided to walk there daily for exercise. She monitored what she ate but did not go on a strict diet. I can't explain how amazing she looked and all the weight she lost just from doing this. She did it for about 4mths or so and looked like she'd been working out for a year or more. Great way to challenge yourself because you will definitely see a difference.

Checking in here vs. my journal because I gotta run to meet a client but wanted to add that I did a Zumba fitness program from youtube and loved it!! I'm all over the map with trying various things but am challenging myself to at least move every day, even if it's only 20min. I still want to do the treadmill but I'm really feeling the zumba dances too. I was really sweating after 20min and it takes a lot for my body to heat up, I don't sweat easily. I feel great! BBL...

Last edited by shari; 07-12-2013 at 06:54 AM..
shari is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 07:00 AM   #600
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,633
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
WTG Jen on keeping active!! Keeping fingers and toes crossed for the interview today. Just keep your positive attitude and the rest is history....4th interview is very, very promising.



WTG Deb on exercising!! I'm so glad it's Friday too. Hope Mom is well, safe travels.



One of my good friends did this prior to her getting married...she lived a couple miles from work and decided to walk there daily for exercise. She monitored what she ate but did not go on a strict diet. I can't explain how amazing she looked and all the weight she lost just from doing this. She did it for about 4mths or so and looked like she'd been working out for a year or more. Great way to challenge yourself because you will definitely see a difference.

Checking in here vs. my journal because I gotta run to meet a client but wanted to add that I did a Zumba fitness program from youtube and loved it!! I'm all over the map with trying various things but am challenging myself to at least move every day, even if it's only 20min. I still want to do the treadmill but I'm really feeling the zumba dances too. I was really sweating after 20min and it takes a lot for my body to heat up, I don't sweat easily. I feel great! BBL...
FANTASTIC SHARI!!! i love how you are all over the map with trying things. how else will we know we love and what works? Keep it up and great things will happen!! That is an awesome story about your coworker changed so much just from walking to work! That is awesome!

I have a zumba CD and I think I will give it a shot soon.. this weekend we are leaving, but maybe when I get back. I LOVE ZUMBA!!
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:47 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.