LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2013, 06:49 AM   #541
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SCPeachey
Stats: 271/259/145
WOE: ATKINS 72
Start Date: 6/22/13
Heyyy Deb ... Happy 4th of July!

Last edited by SCPeachey; 07-04-2013 at 06:51 AM..
SCPeachey is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-2013, 06:21 PM   #542
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Me too!! Since I was an only child until 9, I didn't have siblings to 'watch over me' but most of my friends did so they could stay out until their parents told them it was time to come in. I know what you mean about moving. I was thinking today, well eveyday LOL, that I HAVE to start exercising again. I feel better and my bf is now getting more slim and buff from working out more, putting me to shame. I told him he can't be looking good and I'm rolling beside him. Hope you have a great day too!
LOL oh Shari you are funny. Of course seeing our other half getting buff and slim is a kick in the rear to get going too!! I am facing that also, my hubby is 12 years younger than I am so he already has that going for him...

We spent the entire day outside in the pool and around it, and boy is that eye opening!!! you can't hide too much out there.. I did eat very well today, feeling good about that! I hope you and your family had a great day too!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCPeachey View Post
Heyyy Deb ... Happy 4th of July!
Happy 4th to you too Deb!!!! I just finally got sat down and reading! BUSY day! .. Hope you had a great day!
Old 07-07-2013, 09:26 AM   #543

Well the holdiay was not bad except for some wine that I really did not need. I don't normally drink much at all, and in the winter I rarely have anything. However something about lounging around the pool and summer, and Hawaiian music in the background, it makes me want to drink some amazing drinks...

I can't continue doing that though, and stick to any kind of plan. I don't need it either.. I think my mind is just so over diets of any kind. I hear the word diet, and I cringe.

Is there a way to get to goal without DIETING? Yes, there is, but it is slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww and I need this off now. Must just keep on going and put it out of my mind I guess. When I get to my goal, I am never going to diet again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No really!!!
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 05:26 AM   #544

Yep check out 180degreehealth by Matt Stone. Our goal is to be healthy for the long run. I am amazed that my body temp is so low. I don't feel cold at all, but when I wake up it is only 97. I think Julie wrote about this before. My metabolism is SHOT. Capoot. No wonder I can't lose anything long lasting. UGH.

With each diet round or dieting of any kind including Low Carb, we get fatter when we just can't stick to it. I imagine my fat % is off the charts about now.. I know I can't continue to yo yo.

Have a great day all!!! I for one, am EXCITED!!!
Old 07-08-2013, 06:03 AM   #545
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jenmay78
Stats: 284.6/244/199
WOE: Weight loss surgery/IE
Start Date: June 10, 2013
Hi Deb!!! I think the exercise will definitely help. I'm in if anyone needs a buddy to make them accountable. Deb, do you still have your elliptical?
Let's get moving and eat healthy...to hell with counting carbs
Jenmay78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 06:15 AM   #546

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenmay78 View Post
Hi Deb!!! I think the exercise will definitely help. I'm in if anyone needs a buddy to make them accountable. Deb, do you still have your elliptical?
Let's get moving and eat healthy...to hell with counting carbs
I LOVE IT!!!............

Yes, I do still have my elliptical and my treadmill and my hand weights, and and and my pool, no excuses...

Let's go Jen!
Old 07-08-2013, 06:21 AM   #547
Major LCF Poster!

Cool!! Let's get the exercise bug to bite us in the ass!! heehee
Old 07-08-2013, 06:29 AM   #548

Quote:
Cool!! Let's get the exercise bug to bite us in the ass!! heehee
Old 07-08-2013, 09:34 AM   #549

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/188.8/179-mini goal
WOE: hcg 2.0
Wow, I'm just getting to your journal and am amazed that we're all feeling the same way LOL. As you know, I began exercising today as well and feel great!! I'm totally in for a challenge of sorts and would love to be able to check in, maybe one person's journal, when we've exercised for that day. I love challenges and do very well with accountability buddies
shari is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 10:31 AM   #550

Quote:
Wow, I'm just getting to your journal and am amazed that we're all feeling the same way LOL. As you know, I began exercising today as well and feel great!! I'm totally in for a challenge of sorts and would love to be able to check in, maybe one person's journal, when we've exercised for that day. I love challenges and do very well with accountability buddies
This is a great idea Shari! I don't mind hosting the exercise journal.. Whatever you all would like to do!!

I just took a walk at lunch instead of worrying about what kind of food to have today.. I am eating nice whole foods and EXERCISING!!
Old 07-08-2013, 12:12 PM   #551

Now that is wonderful!! YES!!
Old 07-08-2013, 12:38 PM   #552
Major LCF Poster!

Yes, and it is what our bodies want...no more diets!! lol I'm in and took a stroll to the CVS in beautiful downtown Austin. I have a big job interview at the end of the week so I need that extra boost of energy and feel good to land the job of my dreams
Old 07-08-2013, 01:00 PM   #553

Quote:
Now that is wonderful!! YES!!
YES!! thanks Shari, I feel so much better today!

Quote:
Yes, and it is what our bodies want...no more diets!! lol I'm in and took a stroll to the CVS in beautiful downtown Austin. I have a big job interview at the end of the week so I need that extra boost of energy and feel good to land the job of my dreams
Good luck Jen!! Your confidence will get you far!!! I am so excited about everyone having the same thoughts at the same time... We can form this habit and become healthier along the way. Diet, no thanks. There are better ways to get there and I am finally accepting!
Old 07-09-2013, 06:00 AM   #554
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning Deb!! I walked 10 minutes and plan on doubling that today. I wanted to ease myself into it It was so nice to get out of the office. I plan to do the same today and take the kids out this evening when I get home.
Old 07-09-2013, 06:04 AM   #555

Quote:
Good morning Deb!! I walked 10 minutes and plan on doubling that today. I wanted to ease myself into it It was so nice to get out of the office. I plan to do the same today and take the kids out this evening when I get home.
I love this plan of yours!! I think that is a great idea to ease into things. I was like you yesterday in that I came home and just didnt want to get up. HOWEVER.. I made myself get my suit on and get into the pool for laps.. I am so happy I did! Had a nice half hour swim and then was ready for the rest of the evening!

It is so easy just to justify how hard you worked all day ( boredom! ) and then not do anything. I think we will get into a habit if we do this every day! EXCITED!!!
Old 07-09-2013, 06:10 AM   #556
Major LCF Poster!

Good for you Deb! I just love that we are all getting into shape by moving. It's really easy and good for us. Your body and my body and Shari's body will thank us
Old 07-09-2013, 06:17 AM   #557

Quote:
Good for you Deb! I just love that we are all getting into shape by moving. It's really easy and good for us. Your body and my body and Shari's body will thank us
AGREE!!! thanks Jen!
Old 07-09-2013, 08:00 AM   #558

Just a pop in to talk about what I have changed since Saturday. Gave up diet soda. Not because I feel it is "bad" for me, but because I was just drinking too much of it each day. One leads to another without thinking. I gave up about half of my total amount of fluids each day. I was OVER drinking. That includes water, tea etc. ( I was around 1.5 gallons!!! a day )

Reading in the 180degreehealth forum and Matt's books I see that I don't really need as much water as I was always told. Immediate relief for me. My swollen ankles, night pees, constant having to GO are gone in 3 days. I DO HAVE A LONG WAY TO GO THOUGH!!!! just a disclaimer.. haha

This is counter to everything I have ever read. However when i got my labs back recently my sodium was too low. This is a classic sign of too much water( and other drinks ) Moderation is the key for me now. AND , I can sleep.

I am also not afraid of carbs at this point. I am refeeding them slowly so I can adjust my metabolism. My Metabolism today is JUMPING. Temps up all morning and I can't sit still! I am doing my exercise bike while I work. ( little under the desk kind) I get up and walk every hour. I do arm exercises in the bathroom stall. WHO IS THIS PERSON?...

Ok, so 3.. that is THREE days in and I see this much improvement, i am going to continue and hope for a weight loss to follow. I AM eating more, no doubt, but it is burning like a furnace in me now. I know some say it takes months or years to get going and to lose weight again. Those folks are doing the refeeds in excessive calories to get their bodies healed. I believe I can do this without pushing in food. WE SHALL SEE.

ok, back to work!

Last edited by Deb294evr; 07-09-2013 at 08:07 AM..
Old 07-09-2013, 09:25 AM   #559
Major LCF Poster!

Go Deb!!! I love that you are doing this! If there is anyone who can over drink water...it would be you Love that about you...now it is time to over do the exercise bit...i need to get into the zone.
Old 07-09-2013, 09:40 AM   #560

Quote:
Go Deb!!! I love that you are doing this! If there is anyone who can over drink water...it would be you Love that about you...now it is time to over do the exercise bit...i need to get into the zone.
Thanks Jen!! Yep, it would be me.. experiment in fulll bloom...
Old 07-09-2013, 01:48 PM   #561

wow, that's incredible news! Look at you, Ms. energizer bunny LOL. WTG!!
Old 07-09-2013, 01:53 PM   #562
Major LCF Poster!

Let's train for life! Love the energy on this blog/journal
Old 07-09-2013, 02:49 PM   #563

Quote:
wow, that's incredible news! Look at you, Ms. energizer bunny LOL. WTG!!
LOL yes I am!! I love this new energy.. hope it lasts! Thanks Shari!

Quote:
Let's train for life! Love the energy on this blog/journal
YES YES YES!!! I love the idea of getting our lives to where we have always wanted to be. I'm game! Heading out the backyard and the pool, enjoy your evening..
Old 07-10-2013, 06:06 AM   #564
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning, Deb! I slept like a baby last night Exercise in...play and swimming for 1 hour. I was exhausted! I chased and played with my 3 and 10 year old boys who are much quicker than I am right now...Lol!
Old 07-10-2013, 06:13 AM   #565

Quote:
Good morning, Deb! I slept like a baby last night Exercise in...play and swimming for 1 hour. I was exhausted! I chased and played with my 3 and 10 year old boys who are much quicker than I am right now...Lol!
Well your kids are EXCELLENT exercise for you!!. GREAT JOB!!

I was figgety all day at work, and went home to do some laps in my pool. Then that seemed like work instead of fun, so I decided to just have FUN in the pool!.. actually did some taebo exercises while running around like a maniac! Sure am glad nobody was home yet!

I am also sleeping much better, but do have to get up at 5am now, so not really getting enough sleep. Will try to catch up on weekends. I am finding with drinking less fluids I am able to stretch out my sleep so much more than before, so this is a great benefit!! EXCITED STILL!...

AS for eating.. I eat to hunger, and stop. I find this much easier when i include the warming foods ( this is from Matt Stone's book) All the things I used to avoid like the plague, are actually helping me keep my metabolism up!! WHO KNEW!..

Have a great day all!
Old 07-10-2013, 06:51 AM   #566
Major LCF Poster!

Holy crap! Deb!! I just read some info about Matt's book and eat for heat. I am completely speechless. It sounds insane...but, I am so intrigued. You absolutely must let me know results and your temperature. I'm going to buy his book when I get paid on Monday. I am so intrigued! Tell me more if you have time about this and why it works. Have you seen any changes besides the energy? Are you weighing?
Old 07-10-2013, 07:16 AM   #567

Quote:
Holy crap! Deb!! I just read some info about Matt's book and eat for heat. I am completely speechless. It sounds insane...but, I am so intrigued. You absolutely must let me know results and your temperature. I'm going to buy his book when I get paid on Monday. I am so intrigued! Tell me more if you have time about this and why it works. Have you seen any changes besides the energy? Are you weighing?
I know Jen, it is a fascinating book. I am reading the Diet Recovery 2 book first. Then I will read Eat for Heat. It is really amazing and lots of people have changed their lives. I am not brave enough to eat the massive calories he says to eat, but I think I can do this on less. My temps are staying up around 98.4-98.8 the last 2 days. My morning temp is still low though. 97.7.

Not as bad as it was.. I started out at 96.4!! That is crazy. Anyway, I eat like a queen, and can feel the energy bursting out of me. I have weighed and am gaining some. He says you will gain before you turn around and lose on tons of calories. I just don't want to gain too much so I have put a limit of 5 -10 pounds. I FEEL SO GOOD THOUGH!!

I did keep track of cals yesterday and it was almost 3000... YIKESSSSSSSS

I don't know how this will go, but reading from other people who have done it, it is a lasting thing that changes your metabolism for good. Unlike HCG, you actually get to eat. ALOT.

Anyway, today I am eating to hunger since my temps are so high, and I shall see! I know I am not afraid of carbs right now.. its CRAZY!!!
Old 07-10-2013, 07:21 AM   #568

I also wanted to say that those who he suggest eat tons of cals are coming off very strict dieting and eating disorders.. like they should eat up to 6 - 8 k cals a day! WHAT?.. no way I could. But most are so depleted in every way they have to. SLOWWWWWWWWWWWWLY of course.

I imagine I would love to live on 2500 or so cals a day and LOSE. that would be awesome. EXERCISE is a must for me though, nothing even formal, just moving more and this is what I am doing. Also adding in some weights to help with muscles.. EATING WARM foods though, make me feel amazing.
Old 07-10-2013, 07:24 AM   #569
Major LCF Poster!

EEEkkkk!!! I am so excited to see how this works for you. It makes sense but I am too scared to do it. Ice cream, pizza, sugars...Just typing those words makes my butt feel bigger

Would you keep a diary of what you are eating and let me know? I want to see everything that goes in and how the losses go. Naturally, your body will gain. I ate like that before and gained and gained...I wonder what the difference is??
Old 07-10-2013, 07:25 AM   #570
Major LCF Poster!

Eating WARM foods...what is that?