LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2013, 09:38 AM   #361
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
That's wonderful!! Nothing takes off weight like this plan and I think it has to take a certain level of frustration to willpower through it. Not wishing you to feel this way, but I think this just adds fuel to the fire. Good luck and I'm glad there's no hunger
Thank you Shari! I need all the support I can get!!! YES, frustration is a very strong motivator!!
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2013, 09:55 AM   #362
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Ahhhhhhhhh! >:o)

I am here lady to support you in anyway I can. I am no expert at this protocol unlike YOU!!!! You can so do this Deb no matter how long you do it. I ate off protocol foods a few times but just decided to stick at it and I am not doing too bad, not yet. I am such a foodie and have to work at it everyday. I hear you about the extra poundage just finding its way on your body, peri-menopausal here so completely understand. I am sooo excited for you and want you to know that I am here to cheer you on with good days ahead of you as well as bad(well we won't hope for too many bad days ). Here in P3 I am really not counting any calories, I am just eating when I feel contented and FULL! I am however watching certain kinds of foods and their reaction in me when consuming them. I can also tell what foods are not good for me when the scale goes up a bit but I tell you that darnned scale has a mind of its own. I wished I could be more helpful to others following this plan but I get crazy batty with all the number stuff and how much of this did you eat and how many pounds did you lose. I do know others are just trying to figure out what may help them but I am a big failure at explaining it all to them. I really don't mean to be this way but it is just so hard for me to keep things straight for me let alone try to help someone else out on their way of eating or getting the stupid scale to get moving on down for them. Sorry for the rant, I get crazy about all this losing weight stuff. Hey this is your journal and I want to celebrate YOU and this new venture you are on(okay so it's not new to you because you have done it before but, it is new today). Deb, Deb, Deb(did I get your attention?) Deb, I know you will do well this round and I just want you to know that no matter what plan you are on that you are simply AWESOME and that you always will be.

Have a Super, Duper Sunday!

MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 10:04 AM   #363

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagieDen View Post
I am here lady to support you in anyway I can. I am no expert at this protocol unlike YOU!!!! You can so do this Deb no matter how long you do it. I ate off protocol foods a few times but just decided to stick at it and I am not doing too bad, not yet. I am such a foodie and have to work at it everyday. I hear you about the extra poundage just finding its way on your body, peri-menopausal here so completely understand. I am sooo excited for you and want you to know that I am here to cheer you on with good days ahead of you as well as bad(well we won't hope for too many bad days ). Here in P3 I am really not counting any calories, I am just eating when I feel contented and FULL! I am however watching certain kinds of foods and their reaction in me when consuming them. I can also tell what foods are not good for me when the scale goes up a bit but I tell you that darnned scale has a mind of its own. I wished I could be more helpful to others following this plan but I get crazy batty with all the number stuff and how much of this did you eat and how many pounds did you lose. I do know others are just trying to figure out what may help them but I am a big failure at explaining it all to them. I really don't mean to be this way but it is just so hard for me to keep things straight for me let alone try to help someone else out on their way of eating or getting the stupid scale to get moving on down for them. Sorry for the rant, I get crazy about all this losing weight stuff. Hey this is your journal and I want to celebrate YOU and this new venture you are on(okay so it's not new to you because you have done it before but, it is new today). Deb, Deb, Deb(did I get your attention?) Deb, I know you will do well this round and I just want you to know that no matter what plan you are on that you are simply AWESOME and that you always will be.

Have a Super, Duper Sunday!

OH Maggie I love love love your passion!!!! Thank you so much for all you the support you give me, no matter what I do...

I am bound and determined that I am going to have a successful round.. perfect?? UM NO.. but successful.. I take what others have done and use what works for me, and accept that some stuff just won't. That is ok by me though!! Everyone who follows this journey has something to add to mine.

I am grateful to you ladies who come by and give me the uplifting I need!! We are all in this together and by golly we are going to get there one day at a time!.. Thanks again Maggie!..

I will update daily, the good and the not so good... The NOT so good is that I am starting at almost 200 after loading.. UGH.. Never want to see a 2 at the beginning again..

Only going down from here..
Old 04-07-2013, 10:24 AM   #364
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yea I was in the 2's when I started as well. It is in the past so I will leave it there, only forward from here and hopefully into new territory. I so want this for myself Deb I really do. I don't want this necessarily for vanity reasons(although that isn't bad in itself) but I NEED this so much for health reasons. Watched all of the Supersized vs. Superskinney episodes so I do know it has scared me somewhat straight. Do you see where I said somewhat? I have to want this and if I don't I am only fooling myself. I am so a work in progress and I know we are all in this together. I so desire to get to that place where I do say enough is enough and get it done but I believe I am at a place where I am on fire on and off in getting this poundage off of me. Do I need to have a health scare to get my butt going? It is amazing to me how I have such victory in other areas of my life but this relationship with food is still a mystery to me or is it that I just don't or won't do the work I know it intales for me to have victory in it. Don't mean to go on about it, it is what it is and I have come to terms with myself that this is a one day at a time deal for me because anything other than that is too much for me to handle. My goal is in sight and how long it will take me to reach it is a mystery to me at the moment and you know what I am okay with that.

Onward........

Old 04-07-2013, 10:55 AM   #365

Quote:
Yea I was in the 2's when I started as well. It is in the past so I will leave it there, only forward from here and hopefully into new territory. I so want this for myself Deb I really do. I don't want this necessarily for vanity reasons(although that isn't bad in itself) but I NEED this so much for health reasons. Watched all of the Supersized vs. Superskinney episodes so I do know it has scared me somewhat straight. Do you see where I said somewhat? I have to want this and if I don't I am only fooling myself. I am so a work in progress and I know we are all in this together. I so desire to get to that place where I do say enough is enough and get it done but I believe I am at a place where I am on fire on and off in getting this poundage off of me. Do I need to have a health scare to get my butt going? It is amazing to me how I have such victory in other areas of my life but this relationship with food is still a mystery to me or is it that I just don't or won't do the work I know it intales for me to have victory in it. Don't mean to go on about it, it is what it is and I have come to terms with myself that this is a one day at a time deal for me because anything other than that is too much for me to handle. My goal is in sight and how long it will take me to reach it is a mystery to me at the moment and you know what I am okay with that.

Onward........

I am right there with you sister!! I love your point of view on this and could have written it myself.. but you did it for me!. We can do this Maggie, when WE inside, whatever gets to that point. I hope it does not take a health scare to get us there though!..

I know we honestly have to take it one day at a time, because that is all we have right now.. So far so good here, and it is 1 pm. Hunger stay away!..
Old 04-07-2013, 11:09 AM   #366
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hunger stay away.....

Old 04-07-2013, 03:37 PM   #367

Quote:
Hunger stay away.....

Thank you Maggie! so far your prayers are working!!

Day 1 I usually have hunger. Sometimes LOTS, today I am doing fine. I am using the IM drops this time. I have the pellets also, but I decided to just stick with what worked for me the first time. So far so GREAT on the no hunger. Of course this could change, so keeping that in mind.

So far today I have had: ( YES, I am rogue! )
I am eating some small meals throughout the day, based on what I like.

Coffee NO CREAM.. OMG.. that is unusual for me, but I made some good Columbian coffee that was perfect, so no cream needed.

Half grapefruit

2 egg whites with a few strips of bell pepper

small salad with 10 med shrimp- waldens farms dressing

4 oz. chicken breast with a sliced cucumber

radishes with 1/4 c. ff cottage cheese

100 g. Tilapia and spinach

Strawberries and tea, then done for the day.

Cals are around 600- 650 which is fine for ME.

I will check in tomorrrow morning, I am off work just cuz I want to be..
Old 04-08-2013, 05:22 AM   #368

Made it through the night without eating.. haha.. great. No hunger. Drops working fine. Down 3.8 for day 1. Load weight gone, and another pound for fun..

Now on to the chub that has been piling on lately!.. One day at a time, and I am in it for TODAY.
Old 04-09-2013, 04:21 AM   #369

Yesterday was harder. Much. Not because of hunger, but the old mindset. Really a hard day. Down another 1.4 today though. Today, one step at a time. Really hate P2 though. Hate it.
Old 04-09-2013, 04:48 AM   #370
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
Yesterday was harder. Much. Not because of hunger, but the old mindset. Really a hard day. Down another 1.4 today though. Today, one step at a time. Really hate P2 though. Hate it.
Yea DH hated it to this past round, I can't say I blame you. Are you going to try to stay with a shorter round, it may help thinking that you can do anything for 21 days. The old mindset definitely is the problem in P2 and it is work indeed to keep in front of us what we want out of the protocol. I am telling you though Deb the inches lost on the protocol are amazing and fitting in my clothes better is what kept me going. I am here just to lend you some support and tell you that you are strong and can get through this. Have a nice Tuesday!

BTW- Way to go on the pounds released!

Last edited by MagieDen; 04-09-2013 at 04:49 AM..
Old 04-09-2013, 05:05 AM   #371

Quote:
Yea DH hated it to this past round, I can't say I blame you. Are you going to try to stay with a shorter round, it may help thinking that you can do anything for 21 days. The old mindset definitely is the problem in P2 and it is work indeed to keep in front of us what we want out of the protocol. I am telling you though Deb the inches lost on the protocol are amazing and fitting in my clothes better is what kept me going. I am here just to lend you some support and tell you that you are strong and can get through this. Have a nice Tuesday!

BTW- Way to go on the pounds released!
thank you Maggie! I needed this today.

Yes, 21 days is all I have in me at this time, and that is going to be a stretch.. I have to look at the rewards. I MUST..
Old 04-09-2013, 05:12 AM   #372
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
thank you Maggie! I needed this today.

Yes, 21 days is all I have in me at this time, and that is going to be a stretch.. I have to look at the rewards. I MUST..
Here's a thought, maybe just look at this as a Detox from all the other foods you were ingesting and just cleanning out your body. You will be doing your body good and the wonderful benefits that come from it. You will feel so much better and carry yourself so much better, I know that I do. In P3 adding back in fat and other foods is where I can tell some things in the past that I was eating was causing my problems. I am still hard headed about giving up such foods so you are right it is our mindset. I think some things we can change and some things we will struggle with giving up unless something drastic happens to us. I have said this to you before being Diabetic hasn't always stopped me from ingesting a food I know will cause my sugar to spike and you would think it would. I am my own worst enenmy and if I would just get out of the way and work the plan the way it should be worked I would be better off. I want to encourage you to go back and watch some of Robin's videos and other videos that can help to inspire you to stick with the at least 21 days. I know you will do it!
Old 04-09-2013, 05:22 AM   #373

Quote:
Here's a thought, maybe just look at this as a Detox from all the other foods you were ingesting and just cleanning out your body. You will be doing your body good and the wonderful benefits that come from it. You will feel so much better and carry yourself so much better, I know that I do. In P3 adding back in fat and other foods is where I can tell some things in the past that I was eating was causing my problems. I am still hard headed about giving up such foods so you are right it is our mindset. I think some things we can change and some things we will struggle with giving up unless something drastic happens to us. I have said this to you before being Diabetic hasn't always stopped me from ingesting a food I know will cause my sugar to spike and you would think it would. I am my own worst enenmy and if I would just get out of the way and work the plan the way it should be worked I would be better off. I want to encourage you to go back and watch some of Robin's videos and other videos that can help to inspire you to stick with the at least 21 days. I know you will do it!
Yes, Maggie, I am going to pull Robins videos back out today and listen while I work. Those REALLY helped me before. Also, I know she really stresses at least 21 days, and I will do it, I just don't like it..

I do think looking at this as a detox is so true. I already sleep better at night without the dairy, although I love it. I think it causes me some inflamation. My sinus's are more clear. I have to keep it up.

Thanks again hon.. you have wonderful advice!!
Old 04-10-2013, 07:30 AM   #374
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Quote:
Thanks Shari! Yep, I have had it. I went up 3 pounds last week for no apparent reason!!! I loaded Friday and Saturday and today is day 1 of my P2. I am just going to suck it up and do it!!

Heading to the store right now, but will update when I get back.
So happy to see you're in the groove!
Quote:
So today is day 1 P2. Gained a crazy amount of weight recently, and I just have to get control. I am hoping this gets me off the food train, and just allows me to make peace with the whole thing. UGH!!!!

Anyway, no hunger yet. I am keeping everything crossed that I do NOT have hunger. I will power through though, knowing that it WILL get better.

Hope everyone is doing wonderful !!..
Hope the hunger stays away. Glad you're enjoying coffee (w/o cream even!!). That's been my key to success w. the VLCDs. I add hnh to my morning coffee and it keeps me happy, regular , and satisfied t/o the morning. You've got to find what work for *you* and keeps you on track. You're off to a great start. I am so happy for and proud of you!! It's nice after all that frustration to see the scale go down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
That's wonderful!! Nothing takes off weight like this plan and I think it has to take a certain level of frustration to willpower through it. Not wishing you to feel this way, but I think this just adds fuel to the fire. Good luck and I'm glad there's no hunger
This! I agree. I need to get ticked off and disgusted enough to fully commit!

Quote:

Onward........

Yes! You can only control today. You can plan for tomorrow, but our choices today are all we can make. You're doing great!!

Deb-I know you've wrestled w. doing this round. I *so* get that! I too tried what I could to avoid it. I built hcg up in my mind as the worst possible experience to be avoided at all costs . But, truthfullly, once I bit the bullet, it wasn't that bad. I wasn't hungry and tried to keep busy, went to bed early and drank a LOT of water. Eventually the weeks passed and I got to move on to P3. What I'm trying to do differently this time is look at it as a 9-10 week commitment. The first 3 weeks are the hardest w. the most sacrifice, but the stabilization phase needs to be taken as seriously so I don't end but back re-doing this round again! I am trying to wrap my head around the commitment to 6 more weeks of self control and sacrifice. You always stabilze so well, I'm sure you will this round too. One day at a time. You're off to a great start!!
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:03 AM   #375

Thanks Julie.. Yep, I am biting the bullet and just doing it. I MUST keep busy though, or all I do is think about food, and I am not hungry. So irritating!!!!

I still hate P2, but it works. Down again another pound, and the water is leaving my body. I can feel it in my work pants already..

I know it is not for long, so that is how I have to get through it. I do stabilize pretty well, and overall have kept off 72 pounds or so since 2009/10.

I just recently started gaining for no reason I could think of, so I HAD to do somethiing.. desparate? yep to me it is...

oh well.. today is going fine, just thinking about food. ugh.

Hope all turns out well with your daugher Julie!! I also hope your P3 is painless for you! Do what you have to do to make it STICK!!! I know I am going to do my best also..

Have a wonderful day!!!
Old 04-11-2013, 04:51 AM   #376
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning Deb just checking in on you. I heard on the news there were some tornados in your neck of the woods as well as in Arkansas. I hope all is well with you?
Old 04-11-2013, 05:03 AM   #377

Quote:
Good morning Deb just checking in on you. I heard on the news there were some tornados in your neck of the woods as well as in Arkansas. I hope all is well with you?
Good Morning Maggie.. thanks for checking on me.. Yep, everything is ok here, they got pretty close to my Mom's house though, so we were concerned. All is well, she is fine too.

I tell you this weather is just nuts though!! Snowstorms, hail, rain, thunder and lightning big time this spring. Love living in the midwest....

Well my day yesterday was much better. I was busy thank goodness. I was not hungry, never am really now. By the time I got home though, I started dreaming of bacon... No, I didn't eat it, but I thought about it!...

Down another .8 and mentally I needed it. Mon-Thurs, down 5.6. not real great, but I will take downward movement anyday!! I was doing nothing but going up up up!!!

Hope all is well with you dear
Old 04-11-2013, 05:06 AM   #378
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Good Morning Maggie.. thanks for checking on me.. Yep, everything is ok here, they got pretty close to my Mom's house though, so we were concerned. All is well, she is fine too.

I tell you this weather is just nuts though!! Snowstorms, hail, rain, thunder and lightning big time this spring. Love living in the midwest....

Well my day yesterday was much better. I was busy thank goodness. I was not hungry, never am really now. By the time I got home though, I started dreaming of bacon... No, I didn't eat it, but I thought about it!...

Down another .8 and mentally I needed it. Mon-Thurs, down 5.6. not real great, but I will take downward movement anyday!! I was doing nothing but going up up up!!!

Hope all is well with you dear
Storming and raining here as well Deb so the hubster and I couldn't go for our morning constitutional walk. Eh. I just used the treamill so all is well. I agree the weather is nuts and I am happy to hear that both you and your mother are alright. Hey any release is a good one in my book, better than where you were right? Again, glad to hear that all is well, have a super duper Thursday my friend.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:07 AM   #379
Big Yapper!!!!

Glad you're all doing ok!! Crazy weather!! I'm actually loving our Spring this year. Best one I've had (weather wise) in our 7 years here in AZ. I hate to say it out loud as I'll jinx it, but it's still pretty cool (normally we're using the a/c by now). I'm sure that's hard for you mid-westerners to imagine right now, but it's been in the 90's historically.

So glad you're dropping Deb!! It's such an encouragement in P2! (or anytime ). Staying busy is so helpful esp in P2. I agree, it's not true hunger, but I always want to eat!! Be strong, you'll be in P3 before you know it! And WTG on keeping off so much weight. That's such an amazing accomplishment!!
And thanks for the prayers for dd. She's gotten a clean blood report so we're hoping oral steroids will help.

Last edited by julieboolie; 04-11-2013 at 09:10 AM..
Old 04-11-2013, 09:35 AM   #380

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Glad you're all doing ok!! Crazy weather!! I'm actually loving our Spring this year. Best one I've had (weather wise) in our 7 years here in AZ. I hate to say it out loud as I'll jinx it, but it's still pretty cool (normally we're using the a/c by now). I'm sure that's hard for you mid-westerners to imagine right now, but it's been in the 90's historically.

So glad you're dropping Deb!! It's such an encouragement in P2! (or anytime ). Staying busy is so helpful esp in P2. I agree, it's not true hunger, but I always want to eat!! Be strong, you'll be in P3 before you know it! And WTG on keeping off so much weight. That's such an amazing accomplishment!!
And thanks for the prayers for dd. She's gotten a clean blood report so we're hoping oral steroids will help.
Wonderful news on your daughter Julie! I know you were worried.

Thank you for the support and well wishes.. I agree, it is an accomplishment to keep it off that long, I just had to nip it in the bud before it started to get out of control again! I wonder to myself why all of the sudden it started heading back UP... ugh...

Anyway!! Keep on doing what you are doing and have a great P3!! I will be joining you soon! ( I HOPE!!!)

90 degrees at this time of year? YIKES!!!!!! I would shrivel and die down there....
Old 04-12-2013, 04:53 AM   #381

Thank god it is Friday! Starting next week, I am back on OT. Good and bad. Will be tired but more money. Also can not think about food.

For me this is the worst part, not thinking about food. Not hungry. Just see everyone else EATING. It would be nice to have someone else in my house do this with me, but nope. They eat whatever they want, whenever they want to...ugh....

Anyway! not feeling sorry for myself, just venting.. It will be worth it at the end of this.. especially if I can keep it off. I did not weigh this morning, because I was thirsty and drank water before I got out of bed. Nope aint weighing....

Have a great weekend all!!!...
Old 04-12-2013, 05:59 AM   #382

Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Hi Deb - Happy Friday!!! I just saw you are doing a round - best of luck to you!!! There's so many good options now. I like the 800 calorie plan where you eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Seems much more doable!!! I'm excited for you )))
Gracie514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:41 AM   #383

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
Hi Deb - Happy Friday!!! I just saw you are doing a round - best of luck to you!!! There's so many good options now. I like the 800 calorie plan where you eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Seems much more doable!!! I'm excited for you )))
Hi Gracie!! good to see you! Thank you on the well wishes.. not easy at all, as you well know, but I am definately doing the 800 cal plan.. I just can't handle the 500 anymore..

Besides the obvious lack of fat and FOOD, all is well..

Hope things are going good for you too!! I need to get out and see whats up!
Old 04-12-2013, 02:26 PM   #384
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Deb jumping in to say have a nice weekend I am a little sore and tired after cleaning again so sorry I wasn't around earlier. The scale will be there when you need it so no worries on weighing. Enjoy your weekend and new OT the money will come in handy when you vacay to Hawaii this October. You are doing Going to go and veg. now in front of the television and nappy.
Old 04-13-2013, 08:04 AM   #385
Big Yapper!!!!

Have a good weekend! Stay busy and resist the endless temptations your family is having. You can do it! You'll feel even better on the beach in Hawaii b/c of the choices you're making right now! You can do it!!
Old 04-21-2013, 07:16 PM   #386
Big Yapper!!!!

Hey! Where'd you go? How is your round going? I hope you're losing well and in the zone!
Old 04-22-2013, 04:39 AM   #387
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Deb!
Old 04-22-2013, 05:46 AM   #388

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Hey! Where'd you go? How is your round going? I hope you're losing well and in the zone!
Round is going fine. Down 16 but working ot so no time to post. Now this week I have jury duty!!! Will update later cuz I cant type well on my phone
Quote:
Hey Deb!
Hi Maggie!! Will update soon
Old 04-22-2013, 04:42 PM   #389

Ok, home from Jury Duty. Federal Criminal Case. I got excused today because it happened in my town, and I had knowledge of what happened. YAY!!!! I didn't want to drive back and forth 100 miles a day for this trial. I did find the process really interesting though.

As for my eating.. P2 day 16. Almost done. Down 16 pounds, so it is good enough for me. Doing Omaha plan, 800 cals a day most days. I am really feeling exhausted though, working too much and not enough food.

Anyway, I will finish the 21 days, then on to BACON.. I mean P3.

Not hungry, just tired. I hope everyone is doing well!! Quiet around here!!
Old 04-22-2013, 08:36 PM   #390
Big Yapper!!!!

Sorry you're working too much . And tired always happens toward the end of the round, but sounds like you are combo work/Hcg tired. At least you didn't get stuck on a jury too! At least you're not hungry! That's a real bonus! only 1 more week. Then bacon!! I love fat (eating it not being it ). You're doing great! WTG!!