LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2013, 03:55 AM   #331
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/work in progress/140?
WOE: LC/HCG
Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Hey Deb! We got about 2-3 inches of snow yesterday and it was cold, crazy! So ready for spring. I feel ya on the scale...it's a love/hate relationship. Hope you have a wonderful Tuesday.
Thanks Shari!!! I think most of the country is ready for winter to end!!! Well I am up again on the stupid scale.. ugh.. I am just going to accept that I cannot eat unlimited protein and fat. I just cant anymore!! sad about this, but it is my reality now.

So!!! I have to do what I have to do. HAWAII in a few months!!! YIKES!! I am actually up about 10 pounds since the holidays and am going in the wrong direction. I know part is exercise, but I am not doing that much. I think I am just eating too much.

Today, I do better. That is all I can do.

Have a WONDERFUL Tuesday Shari!!

Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2013, 08:20 AM   #332
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/161.6/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
I hate that!! you're eating clean and exercising and gaining? That's what my winter was like. I was doing so much "sacrificing" in my eating, and working out consistently and gained back 15lbs!! I accepted it wasnt' coming off any other way, and am back to hcg. Not the best way to lose, but at least it works. Truthfully, it's not that bad. It's so much mental work though. I'm not hungry, not bored w. the food, and not keeping myself away from social settings or eating out. So far, so good. The Hawaii deadline is a good one! I've got less than 2 months! I've gotta' do it now, or hate the pictures for the rest of my days! We're even doing a vow renewal at the beach, so you know there will be memorable pictures!
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:29 AM   #333

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
I hate that!! you're eating clean and exercising and gaining? That's what my winter was like. I was doing so much "sacrificing" in my eating, and working out consistently and gained back 15lbs!! I accepted it wasnt' coming off any other way, and am back to hcg. Not the best way to lose, but at least it works. Truthfully, it's not that bad. It's so much mental work though. I'm not hungry, not bored w. the food, and not keeping myself away from social settings or eating out. So far, so good. The Hawaii deadline is a good one! I've got less than 2 months! I've gotta' do it now, or hate the pictures for the rest of my days! We're even doing a vow renewal at the beach, so you know there will be memorable pictures!
EXACTLY JULIE!!! so frustrating!!!! Anyway, If something does not change in this next month, back to HHCG I GO TOO!! I am not going to accept gaining each week!!

So, I give this a month, then on I go. It seems the older we get, the best way to get it off is with the HHCG. I just need to mentally get there first.

You are doing AWESOME!!! keep it up girl!
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:10 AM   #334

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/???/160-mini goal
WOE: Low carb
Deb, I missed that you posted earlier. I hate when that happens. It is frustrating when the scale shows a gain and you're eating on plan. I agree, we have to modify our diet as we get older and it doesn't tolerate some food the way it did before, especially higher fat. That's what made Atkins doable... Hopefully within the next month, losses with come!

Julie~glad to hear it's easier this time. Yup, the only way to do well is to stay away from all social settings for weeks LOL. But it will definitely be worth it when you see your vow renewal pics, lovely.
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:14 AM   #335

Quote:
Deb, I missed that you posted earlier. I hate when that happens. It is frustrating when the scale shows a gain and you're eating on plan. I agree, we have to modify our diet as we get older and it doesn't tolerate some food the way it did before, especially higher fat. That's what made Atkins doable... Hopefully within the next month, losses with come!

Julie~glad to hear it's easier this time. Yup, the only way to do well is to stay away from all social settings for weeks LOL. But it will definitely be worth it when you see your vow renewal pics, lovely.
Thanks Shari, I can't wait to see Julie's pics also!!
Old 03-26-2013, 09:46 AM   #336

Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/199.2/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
That sucks Deb! I am also eating good and exercising 4-5 times per week. If I am gaining I'm gonna be livid I know I'm losing inches though and I'm trying to remember that I'm probably gaining muscle. Hang in there!! I know it's hard but you are doing good things for your body
Gracie514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:50 AM   #337

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
That sucks Deb! I am also eating good and exercising 4-5 times per week. If I am gaining I'm gonna be livid I know I'm losing inches though and I'm trying to remember that I'm probably gaining muscle. Hang in there!! I know it's hard but you are doing good things for your body
Thanks Gracie! I know you are so right! I just get frustrated at it, and want to throw in the towel on exercise, but I just can't. I am going to stick it out, and see where this goes.. I just have to be more careful with my portions I guess.. ugh...

Have a great day!!!! Keep up your exercise also, you have a nice gym to go to!! I would probably do better going back to the gym, but I am kind of cheap right now...
Old 03-28-2013, 06:40 AM   #338
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Hey Deb I think for me being that I am 51 and menopausal that higher fat wasn't working so well. I do miss my fat but I think that portion size and fat wasn't helping me to lose much. I mean I would stay the same weight or get frustrated and eat other things as I did last year thus gainning weight back but I find that eating slightly lower fat helps. It seems to be a guessing game for all of us and can be quite annoying if you ask me but you didn't so I shan't go on about it. Looks like you are working on what works best for your body and I know you will be successful at whatever you figure out. Can't believe that Julie is going to Hawaii as well, you gals are some luck little ladies. Have a nice Thursday.

MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:23 AM   #339

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagieDen View Post
Hey Deb I think for me being that I am 51 and menopausal that higher fat wasn't working so well. I do miss my fat but I think that portion size and fat wasn't helping me to lose much. I mean I would stay the same weight or get frustrated and eat other things as I did last year thus gainning weight back but I find that eating slightly lower fat helps. It seems to be a guessing game for all of us and can be quite annoying if you ask me but you didn't so I shan't go on about it. Looks like you are working on what works best for your body and I know you will be successful at whatever you figure out. Can't believe that Julie is going to Hawaii as well, you gals are some luck little ladies. Have a nice Thursday.

thanks Maggie! I unfortunately agree with you. Getting older is doing something to my ability to eat fat freely on Atkins. I am NOT happy with this at all! I love fat.

I love ribeye crispy fat, and chicken crispy fat... I love bacon fat, and pork chop fat.. I love rib fat.. and butter, and cream, and all that good stuff...

I will simply have to adjust... boooooooooooooooooo :

Have a wonderful day Maggie!
Old 03-28-2013, 07:44 AM   #340
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
thanks Maggie! I unfortunately agree with you. Getting older is doing something to my ability to eat fat freely on Atkins. I am NOT happy with this at all! I love fat.

I love ribeye crispy fat, and chicken crispy fat... I love bacon fat, and pork chop fat.. I love rib fat.. and butter, and cream, and all that good stuff...

I will simply have to adjust... boooooooooooooooooo :

Have a wonderful day Maggie!
You will adjust your plan according to YOU! This I believe always works out for the best in the end. This weightloss journey is not a sprint but a marathon, as some say on here and I would agree. You can fat but not too much of it(talking to myself here). Onward.......
Old 03-28-2013, 07:54 AM   #341
Big Yapper!!!!

Deb-being as I'm in P2 and eating LOW-fat, that post about did me in!! I miss fat!! (I do have some hnh in my morning coffee, couldn't stick to plan any other way!). I hope you can determine what'll work for you. I have done lots of experimentation, but still have not tried a FF. I think Atkins warning scared me off of it, or maybe I'm keepign it as a final deperate way to drop weight if I can't maintain. I'm not sure, but when I have done high fat in the past few months I couldnt' drop any weight. I'm convinced it must be too high cals too. Bummer, b/c I love high fat! Hope this is a good day for you!

Quote:

So far so good, but I'm ready for P3! 2 more lbs and I can move on. I'll definitely have pics! I know this'll be a once in a lifetime trip (w. my dd's still being young). I kinda' wish I'd have started this round earlier, so I had a chance of being even lower on the scale, but it'll be what it'll be at this point. I'm trying to be careful w/o fully becoming a hermit. Sunday should be interesting .

Quote:
EXACTLY JULIE!!! so frustrating!!!! Anyway, If something does not change in this next month, back to HHCG I GO TOO!! I am not going to accept gaining each week!!

So, I give this a month, then on I go. It seems the older we get, the best way to get it off is with the HHCG. I just need to mentally get there first.

You are doing AWESOME!!! keep it up girl!
This sounds like my whole winter! I was doing all I could to prevent hhcg, but nothing worked for me. I'm only 43, so I don't think I'm menopausal (but would like to be done w. TOM , so maybe?). I can't seem to lose anymore. It was never something that came easily for me, but I could use LC as a good tool. But, after that first year long Atkins success, I can't seem to lose weight well. No matter what plan I try. Sigh. Oh well, I'm almost back to where I'd like to be. I sure hope I can figure it out this time!! Hope this is a great month for you and you're down at least 5lbs by the end of April.

Quote:

I am very blessed. In so many ways, but this trip is certainly an unexpected delight. Our tax return this year was very generous (they tax dh's overtime at 35%+!!). Anyway, that's what paid for it, after lots of research I found a way to fly there (honolulu then on to maui) for $350 each, which is quite a bargain. I really think I should become a travel agent. Not only do I love to plan vacations, but I seem to be good at finding deals. . Dh and I rarely celebrate our anniversary (it's July 4th) so it'll be nice to commemorate this 15th in style . I've never been to Hawaii, and am researching it a LOT. So many things to do, but we're mostly looking forward to the snorkeling (a first for all of us). Turtles!! My dd(12) loves them and now is planning to move to HI. How's your final few days of P2 going? I'll bet you're looking forward to P3!! I know I am .

I'm still plugging away w. the VLCDs. Not too bad so far. A bit lightheaded (which always happens) and not at "goal" yet, but getting closer. 2 more lbs and I get to move on! Gotta' extend through the weekend at least, hope I don't do too much damage on Easter. I suspect staying on hcg through that day will help a lot. .

Have a great day ladies!
Old 03-29-2013, 05:24 AM   #342

Wow Julie you got a GREAT DEAL!! for Hawaii good for you!

Mine is going to be much more, but my boy is getting us the trip, so I am grateful for whatever it is..

Well I FINALLY lost 2 pounds overnight! I actually ate 3000 cals yesterday, I am NOT KIDDING. I did because I was hungry all day. I wonder if that was a sign I was going to lose? Anyway, I had an entire can of MAC NUTS... holy moley! My carbs were around 24 net for the day, and I LOST 2 friggin pounds? HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN?

Today, of course my hunger is gone. I am just going to go day by day and see what happens because obviously this makes no sense.

Have a great Friday and weekend all!!!
Old 03-29-2013, 05:29 AM   #343
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

Well I FINALLY lost 2 pounds overnight! I actually ate 3000 cals yesterday, I am NOT KIDDING. I did because I was hungry all day. I wonder if that was a sign I was going to lose? Anyway, I had an entire can of MAC NUTS... holy moley! My carbs were around 24 net for the day, and I LOST 2 friggin pounds? HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN?

Today, of course my hunger is gone. I am just going to go day by day and see what happens because obviously this makes no sense.

Have a great Friday and weekend all!!!
Nothing makes sense to me in this losing weight department, just be grateful for the drop in which I know you are. Have a fantastic weekend Deb and woot woot on the 2 lb. loss!!! Adam Lambert syle of course.
Old 03-29-2013, 05:29 AM   #344

Quote:
Nothing makes sense to me in this losing weight department, just be grateful for the drop in which I know you are. Have a fantastic weekend Deb and woot woot on the 2 lb. loss!!! Adam Lambert syle of course.
Thanks Maggie!!!! you know I love it!!!..
Old 03-29-2013, 10:39 AM   #345
Big Yapper!!!!

Congrats!! I think it may have been all that fat. Mac nuts are really high in fat, and you were low in carbs, kinda a big FF day!! Whatever the cause, enjoy it!! So happy you're doing well
Old 03-29-2013, 11:22 AM   #346

Quote:
Congrats!! I think it may have been all that fat. Mac nuts are really high in fat, and you were low in carbs, kinda a big FF day!! Whatever the cause, enjoy it!! So happy you're doing well
Awe thanks Julie!! Yep, it turns out I had 287 grams of FAT!!!

Hey it was good...
Old 03-30-2013, 08:57 AM   #347

Congrats Deb! The body is so fickle...what works one day, doesn't work the next LOL. I love nuts too...once I open the can, that's it. It becomes a meal, snack then another meal Hey, but it worked for you!!
Old 03-31-2013, 12:08 PM   #348

Thanks Shari! I thought it was so wierd. Anyway, I have not weighed since and won't till next Saturday. I am having a hate relationship with the scale anyway...

Hope you are having a wonderful Easter! Not much happening here, just got back from my Mom's. She made us way too much good food. I avoided some of it, but did have some of her wonderful potato salad and a cake to die for...

I did figure out one thing, my body does not like when I go back and have some carbs. Not at all.

Back on track today and feeling better for it. No candy, no sweets, just good meat and creamy coffee so far.
Old 03-31-2013, 08:54 PM   #349

Gallery: Meek75
WOE: Whole Foods. No Sugar
Hello Deb. Stopping by to say hi and to wish you well on your plan. A new month is here. Lets make the best of it . Have a good week.
Meek75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:39 AM   #350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meek75 View Post
Hello Deb. Stopping by to say hi and to wish you well on your plan. A new month is here. Lets make the best of it . Have a good week.
Thanks Meek!! I know what you mean and I am feeling good about this week. You have a wonderful week also!!

NEW MONTH!!!
Old 04-01-2013, 06:17 AM   #351

Quote:
Thanks Shari! I thought it was so wierd. Anyway, I have not weighed since and won't till next Saturday. I am having a hate relationship with the scale anyway...

Hope you are having a wonderful Easter! Not much happening here, just got back from my Mom's. She made us way too much good food. I avoided some of it, but did have some of her wonderful potato salad and a cake to die for...

I did figure out one thing, my body does not like when I go back and have some carbs. Not at all.

Back on track today and feeling better for it. No candy, no sweets, just good meat and creamy coffee so far.
Same for me! My stomach is a bit unsettled now because I ate higher carb too. However it's always wonderful when we can be around loved ones. Back on track for us both!
Old 04-01-2013, 09:43 AM   #352

Quote:
Same for me! My stomach is a bit unsettled now because I ate higher carb too. However it's always wonderful when we can be around loved ones. Back on track for us both!
That is right Shari!!! I am all in today. Doing fine, hope you are too!!
Old 04-01-2013, 01:14 PM   #353
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sounds like you had a great weekend and Easter Deb. Whoo Hoo for being back on track. Happy Monday to you as well.
Old 04-03-2013, 05:16 AM   #354

Quote:
Sounds like you had a great weekend and Easter Deb. Whoo Hoo for being back on track. Happy Monday to you as well.
Thank you Maggie! Back to the grind, and really looking forward to spring! REALLY looking forward to the green coming back.. and he flowers.. and the POOL!!...

Hope you are having a wonderful week!
Old 04-03-2013, 07:39 AM   #355
Big Yapper!!!!

Good morning Deb!! Hope you're having a good week. I'm heading into P3 tomorrow, so I'm happy! Finallly through the VLCDs (27 today). So, hope to stick my loss and enjoy my life a bit more. Camping this weekend will be a nice challenge to start off Not the best planning, but hopefully any damage can be quickly repaired. I am NOT planning to go off plan, but hot dogs, etc over the fire could cause a bump. We'll see. Not gonna' sweat it, gonna' enjoy it!
Old 04-03-2013, 08:08 AM   #356

Quote:
Good morning Deb!! Hope you're having a good week. I'm heading into P3 tomorrow, so I'm happy! Finallly through the VLCDs (27 today). So, hope to stick my loss and enjoy my life a bit more. Camping this weekend will be a nice challenge to start off Not the best planning, but hopefully any damage can be quickly repaired. I am NOT planning to go off plan, but hot dogs, etc over the fire could cause a bump. We'll see. Not gonna' sweat it, gonna' enjoy it!
That is right! don't sweat it and have a great time!!! You did it!, so proud of you for making it through the hard part.. ( FOR ME anyway)

You can do it Julie, just enjoy P3 and know you can maintain. One step at a time.
Old 04-07-2013, 05:38 AM   #357

Hey Deb, I saw in Maggie's journal you're getting frustrated with the stalls and is considering doing a round. Best of luck if you decide to do so! Hope you're having a nice, relaxing weekend.
Old 04-07-2013, 06:22 AM   #358

Quote:
Hey Deb, I saw in Maggie's journal you're getting frustrated with the stalls and is considering doing a round. Best of luck if you decide to do so! Hope you're having a nice, relaxing weekend.
Thanks Shari! Yep, I have had it. I went up 3 pounds last week for no apparent reason!!! I loaded Friday and Saturday and today is day 1 of my P2. I am just going to suck it up and do it!!

Heading to the store right now, but will update when I get back.
Old 04-07-2013, 08:16 AM   #359

So today is day 1 P2. Gained a crazy amount of weight recently, and I just have to get control. I am hoping this gets me off the food train, and just allows me to make peace with the whole thing. UGH!!!!

Anyway, no hunger yet. I am keeping everything crossed that I do NOT have hunger. I will power through though, knowing that it WILL get better.

Hope everyone is doing wonderful !!..
Old 04-07-2013, 08:47 AM   #360

That's wonderful!! Nothing takes off weight like this plan and I think it has to take a certain level of frustration to willpower through it. Not wishing you to feel this way, but I think this just adds fuel to the fire. Good luck and I'm glad there's no hunger