Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2013, 12:03 PM   #271
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Stats: Twoterville/1st. Goal - ONEderland!
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Everyday!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
Anytime Meek! We all have to motivate and encourage each other! Here is Maggie's journal, she is doing so well!!

One life to live, One day at a time, One pound at a time!

CONGRATS TO YOU!! on getting to day 5 with 5 pounds gone!.. I found if I could make it through the first 4 or 5 days, I could do it.. GOOD LUCK!!!
Deb you are so sweet to give Meek my journal, I am so computer illiterate it isn't even funny. Thank you. I am sore from cleaning my church today up and down stairs is a workout in itself. I got in 1 mile on my treadmill this morning and then was at the church for 4 hours. I am going to just chill for an hour and maybe I will get my body moving again. Have a nice weekend Deb.
MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2013, 04:39 AM   #272
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186/179-mini goal
WOE: hcg 2.0
GM Deb! Hope you have a wonderful weekend too Hopefully the dinner will not be too bad or stuffy LOL
shari is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 05:48 AM   #273

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
GM Deb! Hope you have a wonderful weekend too Hopefully the dinner will not be too bad or stuffy LOL
Morning Shari! YES ME TOO!.. I really don't like these things but I will trudge through, having a gourmet meal and then hop out of there as soon as we can... I am just NOT a big social person... oh well..

I read your results and WOW.. I just am so amazed!!! Congrats on your success so far Shari! AND how great you feel!..
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 06:36 AM   #274

Thanks Deb, I appreciate the support..truly. I'm not a big social person either...I'm cool and comfortable if I know you but those type of settings I don't like but yeah, put on the face and manners then run!!
Old 03-02-2013, 11:38 AM   #275

Gallery: Meek75
WOE: Atkins
Thanks for sharing the link, Deb. Girl, I figured if I can make it pass day 5 then I might as well go all the way No, honesty, this has got to be the EASIEST round I've ever done! I went in knowing that there was a possibility that I'd give up and wouldn't see this through, but look at me....... day 6, no cravings; no hunger, and the lowest I've been in a long time!!

It feels like a DREAM!!!
Meek75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 02:47 PM   #276

Quote:
Thanks Deb, I appreciate the support..truly. I'm not a big social person either...I'm cool and comfortable if I know you but those type of settings I don't like but yeah, put on the face and manners then run!!
Exactly!!! I would rather snuggle up at home with a good movie but I guess I should go.. it wont last long, I hope!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meek75 View Post
Thanks for sharing the link, Deb. Girl, I figured if I can make it pass day 5 then I might as well go all the way No, honesty, this has got to be the EASIEST round I've ever done! I went in knowing that there was a possibility that I'd give up and wouldn't see this through, but look at me....... day 6, no cravings; no hunger, and the lowest I've been in a long time!!

It feels like a DREAM!!!
This is Fantastic news!!! You really deserve an effortless round!! So happy for you! Happy for you BOTH!.. and Maggie too!..

I hope I can get to the mental place you all are at before too long.. I am stuck at the same darn weight for WEEKS!.. Oh well, I may wake up tomorrow or sometime this week and say hey! this is the day I am going to make a change..

I do love the way I am eating, it is just perfect for maintenance, but not so good for losing. I know Julie is going to start a new round also .. who knows..

Right now I am watching you girls and getting motivated for something!..
Old 03-03-2013, 06:23 AM   #277

Quote:

It feels like a DREAM!!!
So happy for you!!! That is a perfect round, no hunger or cravings...and if you've made it past the first few days I agree to keep going!! Congrats on a new low!!!

Quote:
Exactly!!! I would rather snuggle up at home with a good movie but I guess I should go.. it wont last long, I hope!

This is Fantastic news!!! You really deserve an effortless round!! So happy for you! Happy for you BOTH!.. and Maggie too!..

I hope I can get to the mental place you all are at before too long.. I am stuck at the same darn weight for WEEKS!.. Oh well, I may wake up tomorrow or sometime this week and say hey! this is the day I am going to make a change..

I do love the way I am eating, it is just perfect for maintenance, but not so good for losing. I know Julie is going to start a new round also .. who knows..

Right now I am watching you girls and getting motivated for something!..
Oh me too. I really have fun when I go out, but know that I'm a homebody and would rather watch my weekly tv shows, a movie or read a good book any day. I'm trying to determine if I'm ready for a round myself. It' so mental so I know what you mean.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:17 AM   #278

Quote:
So happy for you!!! That is a perfect round, no hunger or cravings...and if you've made it past the first few days I agree to keep going!! Congrats on a new low!!!

Oh me too. I really have fun when I go out, but know that I'm a homebody and would rather watch my weekly tv shows, a movie or read a good book any day. I'm trying to determine if I'm ready for a round myself. It' so mental so I know what you mean.
I am thrilled for Meek too!.. Me too Shari! . I just love sitting in my comfy chair and catching up on my shows... .

Last night was not bad at all. I know some of the people who were there from my hubby working in the company for 16 years now. It is just they are also not real chatty so there was some very quiet times....

The FOOD was to die for though, and I did overeat.. WELL, it was free and I probably will not be back to that fancy place for another year...

Oh well, I need to get some focus to really bear down and do something to seriously get this fat off. I am a pro at maintaining, but not so good at losing in the last year or two.. I am actually at the same range of weight I got to after my successful HCG rounds of 2010. CRAZY!!

Again, I love the way I eat now, but it is not for losing weight. It is the perfect plan to maintain. I just don't want to maintain my weight close to 200!.. UGH!..

Love reading all of you ladies motivational posts and you are all losing so well, makes me want to get in gear. I just need to DECIDE.. I may do a round using the Omaha plan again, but not sure. I have plenty of pellets and drops so that would not be a problem.

Keep on doing fantastic ladies!!..
Old 03-04-2013, 03:10 AM   #279

That's great that it wasn't too bad and you enjoyed the food. I feel you, I've been up and down the same pounds for two years too. I know, we're great maintainers but that's not the goal now. If I do a round, it would have to be Omaha...Simeon's is just too strict for me to do again. I lose the same amount with Omaha eating more variety of food...love the different types of fruit and veggies!!!
Old 03-04-2013, 04:58 AM   #280
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
That's great that it wasn't too bad and you enjoyed the food. I feel you, I've been up and down the same pounds for two years too. I know, we're great maintainers but that's not the goal now. If I do a round, it would have to be Omaha...Simeon's is just too strict for me to do again. I lose the same amount with Omaha eating more variety of food...love the different types of fruit and veggies!!!
Shari there is also Dr. Lipman's plan on the Hcg. This plan allows even more snack kinds of foods I would pull items off of his plan to give to DH because he had to have more of a variety otherwise he would just cave and drop the diet so I had to keep him happy. I believe his plan also allows a bit more protein, I found him on Youtube.

Hey Deb

Last edited by MagieDen; 03-04-2013 at 04:59 AM..
Old 03-04-2013, 05:08 AM   #281

Quote:
Morning Shari! I agree, I love the variety!! If I have to do something drastic, I would do this.. The only tweak I do to Omaha is more protein on days I am not feeling the bread portions..

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagieDen View Post
Shari there is also Dr. Lipman's plan on the Hcg. This plan allows even more snack kinds of foods I would pull items off of his plan to give to DH because he had to have more of a variety otherwise he would just cave and drop the diet so I had to keep him happy. I believe his plan also allows a bit more protein, I found him on Youtube.

Hey Deb
Hi Maggie!.. I have never heard of Dr. Lipman's plan, going to google!.. I think the alternative of quitting altogether would be adding more in. That is always how I have done the plan. Off to check it out!..
Old 03-04-2013, 05:31 AM   #282
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

Hi Maggie!.. I have never heard of Dr. Lipman's plan, going to google!.. I think the alternative of quitting altogether would be adding more in. That is always how I have done the plan. Off to check it out!..
He is all over Youtube and he has the protocol up to 800 calories. He includes protein bars, Eas shakes(I have one of these from time to time) yogurt, sf jello etc..... I guess if you really feel like you need a little something you could pick off of this list. I do one boiled egg a day and I think Robin W. suggests this for some. His fruit list is also different from Omaha or Simeone's.
Old 03-04-2013, 05:34 AM   #283

Quote:
He is all over Youtube and he has the protocol up to 800 calories. He includes protein bars, Eas shakes(I have one of these from time to time) yogurt, sf jello etc..... I guess if you really feel like you need a little something you could pick off of this list. I do one boiled egg a day and I think Robin W. suggests this for some. His fruit list is also different from Omaha or Simeone's.
Very cool! Thanks for the heads up!
Old 03-05-2013, 03:31 AM   #284

hey Deb! I usually add more protein too when needed...gotta make it work for us individually.
Thanks Maggie, I'll have to look that up.
Old 03-05-2013, 04:21 AM   #285

Quote:
hey Deb! I usually add more protein too when needed...gotta make it work for us individually.
Thanks Maggie, I'll have to look that up.
Morning Shari!.. Agree, we have to do what gets us through!!!
Old 03-06-2013, 12:49 PM   #286
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Deb, Deb where art thou Deb? Come look see I put up a new Avitar because I was bored but I like it. I want to become a beautiful butterfly and fly away from this dreaded weather we are having and I know you are having it to but worse. I think I have cabin fever. I thought the picture brightened up things so I am gonna leave it. How are you lady?
Old 03-07-2013, 03:12 AM   #287

Hey Deb, hope you're okay!

Maggie~love the avatar!! Yes, leave it. Good looking out regarding Dr. Lipman, great alternative options.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:26 AM   #288
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

Maggie~love the avatar!! Yes, leave it. Good looking out regarding Dr. Lipman, great alternative options.
I am glad you like the Avi. I think it really brightens up my journal. I have been looking into Dr. Lipman's options because hubby will be starting a round next weekend so I need to be prepared. I hope my gabbing on Deb's journal will make her pop her head out and give us a shout out.

Have a nice day Deb!

Old 03-07-2013, 09:42 AM   #289

Quote:
Deb, Deb where art thou Deb? Come look see I put up a new Avitar because I was bored but I like it. I want to become a beautiful butterfly and fly away from this dreaded weather we are having and I know you are having it to but worse. I think I have cabin fever. I thought the picture brightened up things so I am gonna leave it. How are you lady?
Quote:

Hi Ladies!!! I'm here and doing fine, Just SNOWED UNDER AT WORK.. I mean overtime out the ying yang right now. I didn't even check my journal yesterday I don't think, sorry..

All is well except for working too much and eating too much. I feel like I am entitled or something!.. Going in at 5:30am and coming home around 6:30pm then going to bed... UGH. HOWEVER, I do get OT pay, so I will take it while I can!..

When I get through this rough patch, and I do have to work Saturday too, I will catch up with everyone... Hope you all are doing fine!..
Old 03-07-2013, 12:22 PM   #290
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Hi Ladies!!! I'm here and doing fine, Just SNOWED UNDER AT WORK.. I mean overtime out the ying yang right now. I didn't even check my journal yesterday I don't think, sorry..

All is well except for working too much and eating too much. I feel like I am entitled or something!.. Going in at 5:30am and coming home around 6:30pm then going to bed... UGH. HOWEVER, I do get OT pay, so I will take it while I can!..

When I get through this rough patch, and I do have to work Saturday too, I will catch up with everyone... Hope you all are doing fine!..
I am happy to hear that you are fine but the snow HAS GOT TO GO!!!! You will get one big fat paycheck and that is a good thing. Hang in there Deb things have got to get a little better.
Old 03-07-2013, 12:46 PM   #291

Quote:
I am happy to hear that you are fine but the snow HAS GOT TO GO!!!! You will get one big fat paycheck and that is a good thing. Hang in there Deb things have got to get a little better.
Thanks Maggie! I appreciate the extra money, and don't mind the work. It is just being here so long that is wearing me down some. Anyway, we are working OT, because one of our co workers daughter is in the hospital with Anorexia.. being tube fed.. poor girl is only 15.

Her momma is alone is this, no hubby or parents/siblings to help out. I feel bad for her. So happy to pitch in while I can.
Old 03-08-2013, 04:03 AM   #292

That's sad about the daughter...feeding tube, wow. Hope she gets the treatment and insight needed to overcome this..as well as the mother to go through this alone. I know the OT if very helpful!!
Old 03-08-2013, 04:08 AM   #293

Quote:
That's sad about the daughter...feeding tube, wow. Hope she gets the treatment and insight needed to overcome this..as well as the mother to go through this alone. I know the OT if very helpful!!
thanks Shari We have not heard any updates since Monday, so I really hope things are looking up for them. I know this is going to take lots of treatment, and wow.. cannot imagine.

I am at work now, and have been since 5:30 am.. but I do appreciate the OT. I need it with my youngest graduating and thinking College! This is my 5th college student and my LAST!.. holy smokes it has been so many years with kids in school.. no wonder I am broke...

Everyone have a wonderful Friday, I will try to check in later, I still need to figure out some kind of plan for my next few months!!!
Old 03-08-2013, 07:02 AM   #294

5th college student My goodness, I'm trying to see how I'm going to get just 2 through LOL. So she's a senior now...wow, time flies! Is she staying home or going away?
Old 03-08-2013, 07:04 AM   #295

Quote:
5th college student My goodness, I'm trying to see how I'm going to get just 2 through LOL. So she's a senior now...wow, time flies! Is she staying home or going away?
Since we live in a college town, she is staying home... Trying to save as much as I can!.. Thank god for student loans and things that help, but college is EXPENSIVE!!!
Old 03-08-2013, 07:10 AM   #296

Oh yeah no doubt if the boys stay here, then they will be at home too! I told them they need to keep their grades up to get scholarships because it's very, very expensive. I'm trying to save too but it still isn't enough to cover.
Old 03-08-2013, 02:03 PM   #297

Quote:
Oh yeah no doubt if the boys stay here, then they will be at home too! I told them they need to keep their grades up to get scholarships because it's very, very expensive. I'm trying to save too but it still isn't enough to cover.
I know! My youngest son, the smarty pants one.. Got full scholarships throughout school, but the others, we have had to work out ways to get them through.. lordy I am looking forward to the day when there is no more school for any of them!...
Old 03-09-2013, 05:21 AM   #298

haha...I know. I still have yearssss to go! I'm paying for private school now which is pre-k through 8th grade. I have to decide for my son in the 6th grade what I'm going to do for HS. I know another mom whose daughter is in 8th grade got a scholarship for a private HS, this is the only way I can see them continuing in private school. Your smarty pants son got his brains from his mama!! Hope you have a wonderful weekend.
Old 03-09-2013, 05:58 AM   #299

Quote:
haha...I know. I still have yearssss to go! I'm paying for private school now which is pre-k through 8th grade. I have to decide for my son in the 6th grade what I'm going to do for HS. I know another mom whose daughter is in 8th grade got a scholarship for a private HS, this is the only way I can see them continuing in private school. Your smarty pants son got his brains from his mama!! Hope you have a wonderful weekend.
Thanks Shari!... Well I like to think he got most of it from his Mama

Wow you are paying for private school, more power to you!!!.. I think that is wonderful though, so many things that we don't need out there in the public schools these days... I know your boys are getting a great benefit from this!.. I know they are smart also, so you have great things to look forward to!!! Enjoy NOW!....
Old 03-12-2013, 08:49 AM   #300
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Quote:

It feels like a DREAM!!!
WTG!! I'm so happy to read this!! I hope your whole round goes smoothly and you're down even more!!

Quote:
Me too! My 2 dd's better get scholarships!! Either e volleyball or academic, I'm not picky. Already told them they're on their own for college. I'll make sure they don't starve, but I paid for college myself and it was valuable.

Deb- how are you? Working too much? When's Hawaii for you? Sounds like a good motivator to me! You'll celebrate in paradise! I booked our trip for may 20-30. I'm under the gun now!! Dh wants to a vow renewal while there. Our 15th is why we're going. So, Hcg round was inevitable for me. Vlcd4 today. Only weighing weekly, which is hard, but I want to focus on mo than the scale. I'm walking and trying to lift light weights this round. Hopefully that'll keep me for gaining weight in P3/4 when I add back exercise, like I always do. Sigh! I'm hoping 3 weeks will get me back to the 140's, and give me enough time to stabilize before my trip. that's the plan . Hope you can make your current eating into a weight loss plan. Can you rotate the calories or something? Not quite JUDDD, but some rotation? Maybe that'll be enough to drop some lbs.?
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote