|01-05-2013, 08:53 PM||#1|
Junior LCF Member
Join Date: Jan 2013
Chasing my dream... one pound at a time. SBD
Since this is my journal I decided to do things my way!No worrying about comma splices or run on sentences or any of my normal rambling ways. I'm copying my first post on this site as my first journal entry. I want it to be here to remind myself that I'm not hiding anymore.
With that being said, here it is!
"My husband and I have had a rough past week. We decided to start using our Wii Fit again so we went out and bought a new power cord and took turns eagerly hopping up onto the balance board. It was a humbling experience, let me tell you! I will never forget the little jingle that played, "Bump, ba da da da... That's obese." I laughed so hard I almost peed my pants. Laughter is probably not the effect they were going for but it did open my eyes! My husband had gained 30 pounds since using it the last time (400+ days ago I believe) and I had only gained 3 (but that mean little computer guy didn't know I gained 50 pounds then lost 47 after having some strange stomach problems ;-P Ha ha, little man!).
My hubby is 33 and is 5'11 and weighs 220. I'm 30, 5'9 and weigh 208. I'm currently wearing 15/16 pants across the board and want to be back to a 12. However, I'm not opposed to "keep going" if that's what my body decides to do!!!! I have extremely wide shoulders and hips and an hour glass figure so I hide the weight well.... BUT I'M DONE HIDING!!! My hubby is wearing his weight around his middle so I know he'll lose MUCH, MUCH faster than me but I'm still going to chase him to keep up, lol!
So, with that being said, my husband and I have decided to start following South Beach Diet tomorrow morning! We have a menu almost completed, have eaten up or disposed of or frozen left-overs that are not friendly for phase 1 and are ready to begin this challenge. (When I say "ready" I mean I'm afraid to fail, scared my hubby won't stick with it and I'll have to do this by myself and generally not feeling so good about this decision. Ask me in 5 minutes and I'm sure I'll be fine again :-)
I'm ready to go spend the next couple hours devouring every bit of info about SBD available on this site but wanted to introduce myself first.
I look forward to sharing my journey and learning more about yours.
**** I started South Beach Diet on Wednesday, January 2, 2012. I've already lost 5 pounds and I'm actually feeling great. Yes, I'm surprised. I didn't KNOW I was strong enough to do this.
I've had cravings but they seemed to have greatly diminished today even after my hubby and I ate out at Texas Roadhouse for lunch. He had the pork chops, salad and green beans and I had BBQ chicken, green beans and house salad minus eggs and croutons. Did I forget to mention I asked for the BBQ chicken minus the BBQ sauce and just a little bit of cheese? The server laughed and told me to look around the restaurant. People either had a salad in front of them or something deep fat fried... very few of us had "food" in front of us. I told her I had been craving a salad but opted for some straight up meat. It was great having a server who understood!
We opted to have a lighter dinner and decided upon spaghetti squash and a homemade Thai peanut sauce (made with natural peanut butter) with a side of broccoli and a side of grape tomatoes. Hubby loved it and I decided I needed less sauce on mine next time and should have had the squash with a quick home made "marinara" sauce and had broccoli on the side. Oh well. I still felt satisfied after the meal!
I'm off to create the rest of the weekly menu and I feel like I'm dragging... I don't think I feel hungry, just tired. I am determined to post my menu by tomorrow night! However, if I do start feeling hungry I will be having a string cheese and a few almonds.
|01-13-2013, 01:10 PM||#2|
Junior LCF Member
Join Date: Jan 2013
My last week of phase 1 has gone splendidly! I have only lost 1 pound so far but I do still have two days left and it is that TOM. Hubby has lost 9 pounds and I've lost 5. Although I've only lost 5 pounds I'm wearing pants I haven't worn in the past year or so!!! I'm very pleased with our success and the fact we've stuck to the diet plan.
I've struggled with eating chicken that I cook at home so I'll have to look into cooking it a different way. I've been able to eat turkey breast and low fat ham and I have experimented with new vegetarian meals.
My biggest thrill with this way of eating is that my chronic stomach condition has almost 100% subsided! Per my doctor's recommendation I had been taking two anti-diarrhea pills before I ate my main meals and I have not had to do that. In fact, the ONE meal hubby and I "cheated" on (pepperoni thin crust pizza - 1 square piece for me - and salad at my MIL's house) I did take the pills and regretted it the next day :-D
This journal has been my biggest downfall though. I promised myself I would record my foods and how I felt afterwards (stomach condition wise) as well as track my weight and I haven't done that. I'm sure if anyone is reading this they appreciate me NOT writing as I tend to ramble, lol, but I do need something long term to keep me accountable.
So, here is my current weight loss from January 2nd until now. I went from 208.6 down to 203.2.
Here are the reasons why I think I didn't lose as much as I wanted:
- Artificial sweeteners (I found I snacked more when I had flavored waters or sugar free jello)
- I overdid it on the pistachios
- Although the diet said tomatoes are fine, I had them at almost every meal and wonder if this a contributing factor to my stall lately
- I did NOT always remember to have snacks- I work in a preschool and I have a 1 hour break and eating snacks in the classroom is not allowed. I broke the rules when I remembered to eat and scarfed down a part-skim string cheese and 15 or so almonds.
- The last few mornings I had been making a coffee and greek yogurt smoothie but wasn't having anything else with it. I probably should have had a veggie or meat or nuts with it. I'll go to another board and ask for clarification.
- I told myself if I could survive the first two weeks of phase 1... THEN I would start exercising. So, with my two weeks ending on Tuesday I will begin exercising soon!
Here are my goals for this next week
1. Eat a better breakfast (sans eggs... yuck!!!)
2. Drink more water
3. Look for different ways to prepare chicken or buy pre-cooked chicken (oscar mayer??) for on top of salads for lunch (checking nutrition labels of course)
4. Begin exercising (go to bed way earlier and get up earlier... even about 6 would work a few times a week instead of 6:45)
5. Try on the rest of the 25 pairs of pants and see which ones fit now and GO OUT AROUND TOWN AT LEAST ONCE
6. Study up again on phase 2 way of eating.
7. Visit the grocery store after learning more about phase 2.
8. Decide if I'm going to do a few extra days of phase 1 or start phase 2 with hubby.
9. Lose another 2 pounds
10. Think of another goal as this list can't have an odd number of goals! Maybe look up more vegetarian recipes and try to make 2 of them!