Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Weight Loss Journals (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/weight-loss-journals/)
-   -   godsbeloved79's Final Destination 2013 (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/weight-loss-journals/792929-godsbeloved79s-final-destination-2013-a.html)

godsbeloved79 01-05-2013 05:37 AM

godsbeloved79's Final Destination 2013
 
I kept going back and forth about starting a new journal for the new year and finally decided to do so. I believe I could have kept on with my old journal and been successful, but I didn't want to be reminded of all the excuses I made back then. So here I go eager and focus to get the weight off and be that healthier and more confident woman that is screaming on the inside to come out.

godsbeloved79 01-05-2013 05:39 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Atkins Rules!

I continue to witness the results of a low carb lifestyle, even with the people who had their doubts about this WOE are losing weight and feeling great. I just need to make it through these first 2 weeks and I know all will flow after that.

My uncle knows how I love Olive Garden's dressing, so he picked me up a bottle along with a few cans of white tuna. He wants to see me succeed along with my other family members; and of course the hubby.

godsbeloved79 01-05-2013 05:40 AM

It's the weekend!

I was determined to get as much cardio as I could get in this weekend and I'm sticking to it. In-house cardio with OnDemand because of the rain.

50 - squats
50 - crunches
20 minutes - walking in place with stretching (legs and arms)

limetwist 01-05-2013 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by godsbeloved79 (Post 16172786)
I kept going back and forth about starting a new journal for the new year and finally decided to do so. I believe I could have kept on with my old journal and been successful, but I didn't want to be reminded of all the excuses I made back then. So here I go eager and focus to get the weight off and be that healthier and more confident woman that is screaming on the inside to come out.

I think this is a smart choice. If a fresh slate is what you need, then a fresh slate it is! :) Good luck!

Quote:

Originally Posted by godsbeloved79 (Post 16172791)
It's the weekend!

I was determined to get as much cardio as I could get in this weekend and I'm sticking to it. In-house cardio with OnDemand because of the rain.

50 - squats
50 - crunches
20 minutes - walking in place with stretching (legs and arms)

That's awesome. When it's rainy, I know tempting it is to just laze around inside, especially on the weekend. Keep it up. :) Squats are incredible and will kick your butt if you're not careful. :laugh: I love them!

godsbeloved79 01-05-2013 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by limetwist (Post 16172819)
I think this is a smart choice. If a fresh slate is what you need, then a fresh slate it is! :) Good luck!

Thanks limetwist. I needed the fresh start and I feel good about it. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by limetwist (Post 16172819)
That's awesome. When it's rainy, I know tempting it is to just laze around inside, especially on the weekend. Keep it up. :) Squats are incredible and will kick your butt if you're not careful. :laugh: I love them!

I've been procrastinating for so long, I'm more determined then ever. I have a host of supporters that have made it to Goal and are maintaining; pushing me along. Although I'm doing this for me, I feel like I would be letting them down if I failed also. Thanks again for chiming in and encouraging me this morning. Take care :hugs: and please follow my progress.

godsbeloved79 01-06-2013 02:25 PM

It's been a great weekend and I'm pleased to say that I got the cardio in that I set out to accomplish. It was hot this afternoon but I got a nice power walk in.

I'm going to bite the bullet and weigh in the morning. I originally decided I wasn't going to go by the scale, but focus more on how I feel and how my clothing fit.

Meek75 01-07-2013 06:39 AM

Happy Monday, Lyn :hiya:

Here to follow you and wish you well this week! You can do it! :hugs:

ceecee08 01-08-2013 06:33 AM

Morning Lyn!!!!

I love your new avi!!! Sooo cute. Have a great day on plan.

godsbeloved79 01-08-2013 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by @iamMeekness (Post 16177894)
Happy Monday, Lyn :hiya:

Here to follow you and wish you well this week! You can do it! :hugs:

Hello Meek :hiya:,

Thanks for your continued support. We're going to get it done!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceecee08 (Post 16180529)
Morning Lyn!!!!

I love your new avi!!! Sooo cute. Have a great day on plan.

Good Morning ceecee,

Thanks I loved the plaits, just took them out this weekend. You have a great low carb day also! ;)

godsbeloved79 01-08-2013 07:47 AM

So I got fully dressed yesterday morning and remembered that I was suppose to weigh-in and there was no way I was weighing and adding extra ounces, lol

So I weighed in this morning and I'm 227.5 lbs. That's not too bad from my last weigh-in which was 228.5. BUT I'm sure I have lost a few lbs because I didn't weigh in the beginning. So that means I was probably up to 231ish :dunno:. I was thinking to myself about all the diets out there and Atkins WOE rules; I mean look at the foods we are allowed to eat and still lose.

Meals:

b/ Garcia beef sausage and 1 cup green tea
l/ chicken salad with Tyson chicken breast (cukes cheese and bacon bits)
d/ steak and broccoli with cheese
s/ slim jims or dilled pickles if needed

64 ozs of water or more

Meek75 01-09-2013 06:02 AM

Hey Lyn,
Just stopping by to wish you well today.
Keep up the good work! ;)

godsbeloved79 01-09-2013 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by @iamMeekness (Post 16182894)
Hey Lyn,
Just stopping by to wish you well today.
Keep up the good work! ;)

Thanks Meek. Same to u :shake:.

godsbeloved79 01-09-2013 06:50 AM

Good Morning,

After reading a few success stories yesterday, it confirmed that preparation is not only key; but vital. I prepared a roast that I can eat off for a few days. I'm going to continue to cook large quantities of meat, because veggies are quick and no problem to whip up; but as long as I have meat handy I believe I can't fail.

I truly feel this is the time and season where I will be a success story and be able to help others lose weight keep it off and be healthier.

Meek75 01-09-2013 01:23 PM

Amen. I believe you will too. We have a testimony and God will use us to help some many others.

I can't wait for you to share your story :jumpjoy:!!

godsbeloved79 01-09-2013 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by @iamMeekness (Post 16184042)
Amen. I believe you will too. We have a testimony and God will use us to help some many others.

I can't wait for you to share your story :jumpjoy:!!

Thanks for believing in me Meek :hugs:

Meek75 01-10-2013 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by godsbeloved79 (Post 16184088)
Thanks for believing in me Meek :hugs:

ALWAYS! :shake: :high5: :hugs:

godsbeloved79 01-10-2013 12:40 PM

Good Afternoon,

I'm so sluggish. I'm struggling and can't wait to get home in the bed.

I know each round is different and I think the coffee and Pepsi withdrawals are finally catching up with me. I have a 35 minute ride home too. :cry:

godsbeloved79 01-10-2013 12:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Good Weekend Tips

Meek75 01-11-2013 01:28 AM

Oh no, Lyn. I know the feeling, but it will pass soon. Hold on. Girl, my commute is about an hour in the evening and I dislike the drive with a passion - especially when I'm feeling bad. I hope you were able to go to bed early.

Thanks for the weekend tips! I'll sure be using them.

Have a great weekend!! :)

Meek75 01-11-2013 01:29 AM

Lyn, please share those tips in our group on FB. Thanks.

godsbeloved79 01-11-2013 06:24 AM

Honor the Lord with Your Body

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“You were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.” (1 Corinthians 6:20, NIV)

TODAY’S WORD from Joel and Victoria

Scripture says that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, and we are to honor the Lord with our bodies. How do you do that? You take care of it. You respect it. You treat it as valuable. You use your body to bring Him glory. When you stand strong against temptation, you are honoring the Lord with your body. When you take care of yourself by eating properly and getting enough sleep, you are honoring the Lord with your body. You are saying, “Lord, thank You for this gift of life. I am choosing to take care of myself so that I can serve You with my whole heart, mind and strength.”

As we enter into the new year, many people make new goals about their health. Let this be an encouragement to you to stay on track with good habits. As you honor the Lord with your body, you will be strengthened and empowered by His peace. You’ll be able to stand against temptation and embrace the good things He has in store for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Father, today I commit to honor You with my body. Thank You for the gift of life. Thank You for empowering me against temptation. Show me the plan You have for me today so that I can honor You in everything I do in Jesus’ name. Amen.


— Joel & Victoria Osteen

godsbeloved79 01-11-2013 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meek75 (Post 16187555)
Oh no, Lyn. I know the feeling, but it will pass soon. Hold on. Girl, my commute is about an hour in the evening and I dislike the drive with a passion - especially when I'm feeling bad. I hope you were able to go to bed early.

Thanks for the weekend tips! I'll sure be using them.

Have a great weekend!! :)

Good Morning Meek,

I feel revived and full of energy this morning. I'm hanging in there, because the best is yet to come and I just can't wait to be able to look back and say "I did this" and kept the weight off for good.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Meek75 (Post 16187556)
Lyn, please share those tips in our group on FB. Thanks.

I sure will.

godsbeloved79 01-11-2013 08:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Non-Scale Victories

I love the fact that when I start low carbing I lose inches quicker then the scale moves.

My linen slacks are fitting looser and I'm not afraid to bend over and be scared of them splitting. I was in denial before and would wear them super tight.

I'm also going to use a cleansing tea recommended by one of my co-workers this weekend.

Meek75 01-11-2013 12:37 PM

Great word today, Lyn. Thank you so much for sharing.
We will get there in due time. Just keep on keeping on. Like you said; "The best is yet to come."

Girl, where did you get that tea from? I did a citrate cleanse lastnight, but... always looking for the next best thing :laugh:.

godsbeloved79 01-13-2013 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meek75 (Post 16188884)
Great word today, Lyn. Thank you so much for sharing.
We will get there in due time. Just keep on keeping on. Like you said; "The best is yet to come."

Girl, where did you get that tea from? I did a citrate cleanse lastnight, but... always looking for the next best thing :laugh:.

Anytime Meek :shake:. It's motivation that's going to keep us going. I want to see results and in order to see them, we have to give it all we got.

I got the tea from Winn Dixie for $2.29 for 20 bags. It gives you a natural bowel movement while detoxing and it's all natural ingredients.

godsbeloved79 01-13-2013 12:16 PM

The weekend has been great. I was able to get a lot done around the house, while having some QT with hubby watching the football games.

I drank 2 bags of the Badia tea and had a great bowel movement both Sat and this morning. I know TMI but this is my journal and I want to be able to come back and see what worked for me then to get me where I shall be.

Another thing that I think will help me to stay focus, is that I'm back into Mary Kay as a consultant and we have weekly meetings and I dare not be the only one there that's not comfortable in their skin. Whatever it takes to keep me going, I'll take it. :D

godsbeloved79 01-13-2013 12:41 PM

Updates
 
2 Attachment(s)
Before pic 229 lbs or so. Christmas 2012 down another .5 lbs

godsbeloved79 01-14-2013 07:29 AM

Good Morning,

Boy does the weekend fly by. Oh well I'm grateful to be employed.

I'm excited about my results thus far and also having such a support system that believes in me.

I have a one week pass to 24-Hour Fitness with a trainer and I'm going to take advantage of this offer to get more active :workout:.

Meek75 01-14-2013 07:49 AM

Good morning Lyn. Yes, the weekends go by too fast! Ugh, I could really use one more day. But, it does feels good to be back at work. ;) You are doing so well. Very proud of you and the progress you're making. Keep up the good work and have fun at the gym.

godsbeloved79 01-14-2013 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meek75 (Post 16194320)
Good morning Lyn. Yes, the weekends go by too fast! Ugh, I could really use one more day. But, it does feels good to be back at work. ;) You are doing so well. Very proud of you and the progress you're making. Keep up the good work and have fun at the gym.

Thanks Meek. I could use an extra day also :).

I truly appreciate your support on this journey :hugs:. No many how many times I fall, you are always there to encourage me to dust myself off and get back to it again.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:54 AM.