Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2013, 04:03 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: PennyPrepper
Penny's Progress Wheat Belly Way

Well I started yesterday and weighed in at 189, waist 46. Since I have a fat belly and can't seem to lose it I decided to try Wheat Belly. Yesterday I was home alone so I was bored and ate a lot but nothing bad.

I had several ham and cream cheese rollups and almonds for breakfast. Lunch was a hamburger patty with bacon and cheese. Same for dinner. I grazed on almonds a lot during the day. Also had a few more roast beef, pickle and cream cheese rollups. And I made one cheddar "cracker" by microwaving a pile of shredded cheese until it melts.

Today I had 3 ham and cream cheese rollups and almonds for breakfast. Lunch was the same as yesterday. For dinner it will be chicken rolled around cream cheese and peppers and wrapped in bacon and salad. I've snacked on almonds and might have a clementine in a bit. No hunger or carb withdrawals yet. A friend gave me 2 grocery bags filled with lemons so I can have lots of lemon infused water. The family is back today so all is well!

Last edited by PennyPrepper; 01-02-2013 at 04:05 PM.. Reason: change title
PennyPrepper is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2013, 09:58 PM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Fam loved the dinner! I pounded chicken breasts, salted and peppered. Then spread with a mixture of cream cheese and jalapenos. Rolled and wrapped with partially cooked bacon. Very yummy but I pulverized the chicken so it was a hot mess. Day 2 and it's going well. Tomorrow we try wheatless pizza.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:14 PM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Well it's day 3 and I couldn't resist stepping on the scales....3 lbs gone!!!
Old 01-04-2013, 08:20 AM   #4
Junior LCF Member

I'm really feeling great. Hubby is getting his glucose levels under control. We had Maria's healthified pizza for dinner last night and it was wonderful! I'll probably make this once a week. Hubby was thrilled to have pizza.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:04 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/170/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2, 2012
PennyPrepper, your chicken recipe sounds fantastic. Are you following the Wheat Belly diet from the book "Wheat Belly"? I have heard good things about it.
GailyGail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 02:58 PM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GailyGail View Post
PennyPrepper, your chicken recipe sounds fantastic. Are you following the Wheat Belly diet from the book "Wheat Belly"? I have heard good things about it.
Yes! It is wonderful. Yesterday I was out running around all afternoon and at about 4:30 realized that I still wasn't hungry. They were passing out chocolate and polenta samples at Trader Joe's. I had no problem saying no thank you. I wasn't even interested.

We had the Chicken Scampi from Gourmet Girl. It was so good, and I hate cauliflower. My husband is insulin-dependent and his blood sugar levels have dropped dramatically.

I just made the Maria's Healthified Rolls for lunch and they are delicious. You'd never know that they were made without wheat.

Dr Davis' Wheat Belly Blog, Gourmet Girl Cooks and Maria's Healthified Blog have lots of great recipes!
Old 01-06-2013, 09:06 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JessieBear
Stats: (218) 192/150/150 5'6"
WOE: Wheat Free
Start Date: 12/28/12
I also started Wheat Belly on Dec 27th and am down 9 pounds so far. Its like picking grains of sand out of a swimsuit though. That insidious little grain is in EVERYTHING. Still can't believe it is the second ingredient in Twizzlers.

Just ordered a burr grinder so that I can buy the less expensive mill meals and grind them into 'flour' to make some of these recipes.

Good luck to you on this plan. I feel TONS better and it has only been 11 days.
JessieBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:34 PM   #8
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessieBear View Post
I also started Wheat Belly on Dec 27th and am down 9 pounds so far. Its like picking grains of sand out of a swimsuit though. That insidious little grain is in EVERYTHING. Still can't believe it is the second ingredient in Twizzlers.

Just ordered a burr grinder so that I can buy the less expensive mill meals and grind them into 'flour' to make some of these recipes.

Good luck to you on this plan. I feel TONS better and it has only been 11 days.
Thanks Jessie! I'm excited and feeling really good. Today is day 6. Yesterday I had quiche and clementine for breakfast. 2 mini sandwiches made with Maria's Healthified Rolls recipe. Dinner was bacon avocado burger wrapped in lettuce leaves. I snacked on almonds and cashews. No hunger or cravings!

I made a quiche for breakfast today and also had a clementine orange. For dinner, it will be roast, faux potatoes and salad. Squash and broccoli for DH since I'm not much of a veggie eater.