Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2014, 10:28 PM   #2071
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
Ok had to add...... I'm still up and had the munchies. ( dh is asleep )
there is really nothing here for me. I need to buy groceries tomorrow. Got out an Atkins bar, then remembered I had a few HB eggs and a little bacon from this morning !! Score

Had my 2 HB eggs and 2 slices of bacon and I'm good to go !

Night all !
shelby'snana is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2014, 08:02 AM   #2072
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Good girl!
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 08:41 AM   #2073
Blabbermouth!!!

scale is up 154.8 ??? Oh well, I know if I stay the plan it will work !!

Going to cut up the cheesecake into small pieces and freeze it.......
Old 07-10-2014, 10:05 AM   #2074
Blabbermouth!!!

Okay froze all the cheesecake yesterday.

DS2 and fiance came over and had supper with us ! I was starving !!! All i ate all day was a HB egg and 8 grapes. We had hamb/hot dogs.... I had 1 1/2 hamb patty with lettuce and a weenie with mustard. Had some SF jello before bed.

I am starting Atkins 72 tomorrow after lunch.
Going to Houston to look for "mother of the groom" dress :/ She is doing her last fitting for bride's dress I told her if I find one I am buying a smaller size. I refuse to continue weighing this much !

scale was up this am...... but I was "full" ....TMI.......lol ! Not anymore ! lol !

We will go to Tx Roadhouse for steak, green beans, and salad then my Atkins 72 will start.

You guys know me...... all or nothing !! I've decided it will be ALL !!!!!

Going to cook lots of chicken breasts in oven today and freeze some for next week. Also will have DH cook ribs ( yum yum ) and freeze some of those too...
Bought 36 eggs yesterday And a block of sharp cheddar ! I'm ready to go and get this crappy weight off !

ALL of my Large clothes are going in garage sale. I will have nothing to wear if I don't lose ! Talk about motivation !! I CAN DO THIS !

hope you all have a great day !

ATTITUDE is the difference between an ordeal and an ADVENTURE !!

'If you're tired of starting over, then QUIT stopping !"
Old 07-10-2014, 10:31 AM   #2075
Big Yapper!

You go, girl! Those LC bars and such will really mess you up. '72 is always what I've done when doing Atkins. That's funny about buying the dress one size too small. I ordered my wedding gown TWO sizes too small! The people tried to refuse to comply but I insisted. I did that awful Cabbage Soup diet, dropped 18 lbs and the gown fit. Snuggly, but it fit. I didn't discover Atkins until 2 years later. Halleluiah!!

Have a great day, Laura. I'm off work til tomorrow.
Old 07-10-2014, 04:45 PM   #2076
Blabbermouth!!!

enjoy your day off Cheryl !

You did Atkins 72 ? I didn't realize that ! It seems like it would take all the guesswork out of it day to day and buying groceries would be a breeze !! LOL !

Weaned down some today :
coffee with CO
greek yogurt - then threw the rest away
salad with hamb patty and mayo/mustard/olive oil dressing - 2 pickled okra

Will eat bacon and eggs if I get hungry again

Room is a mess ! Clothes all over, shoes all over, dining room table is covered in stuff. Got all the clothes in bedroom on crappy cheap hangers, need to get out in garage later and hang all those clothes up too. They sell better if they can see them.

Just need to peek into DS1's closet - mostly Shelbyville in there ! lol ! Her clothes and toys and blankets etc...... she took over !

Looked like rain earlier and the sky got really dark and wind picked up ~ but it blew right over us with NO rain ! It is a lot cooler and more tolerable out there now. PTL !

be back....... I'm a talker this week huh ?? lol
Old 07-10-2014, 06:40 PM   #2077
Big Yapper!

You're closets are all organized but your house is now a mess! That's what would happen to me if I attempted such a feat.

Yes, Atkins '72 was what I did when I first joined LCF. I was doing really well on it but couldn't seem to get below 200 so I got impatient and switched over to homeopathic HCG pellets and that got me down to the low 180's (if memory serves) then I did a summery free-style plan that got me down to 159 for one day, then I lost focus and slowly but surely regained it all back.

I did Atkins '72 for the first time in the summer of '98. Lost 40 lbs over 4 months and thought that was spectacular. Now if I was losing only 10 lbs/month I'd be freaking out. When I do '72, I don't eat carrots, peas, corn or any of the starchy veggies, I stay away from high glycemic fruits like watermelon (I almost never used to eat fruit but I don't think that needs to be the case. Fruit offers lots of good nutrition but berries and melons are supposed to be the best.)

I don't count carbs, I just eat what I know is allowed. (As you can tell, I'm currently back on this plan but I don't like to talk about it. If it ain't broke, don't fix it, right?) I know you know what I mean.

Must try and unwind to get to sleep. 10 o'clock might not sound early to you but my body rebels against all mechanical and electrical devices that tell it to rise and shine.

PS: I think the key to eating fruit is to eat it with heavy cream or something that lowers the impact of the sugar. They make sugar-free cool whip or something. I'd feel more comfortable with the whipping cream and ez-sweetz and mixing it myself.

Last edited by CherylB; 07-10-2014 at 06:45 PM..
Old 07-10-2014, 07:22 PM   #2078
Blabbermouth!!!

wow Cheryl all I understand you can have 1st weeks is 2 cups of salad,meat,eggs,hard cheese. Then add 5carbs per week to tolerance ( still losing )

I just had 1/3 chicken breast,2 HB eggs, and a piece of bacon. Not appetizing..... but I need to do this !

Sleep well dear friend !
Old 07-11-2014, 07:32 AM   #2079
Big Yapper!

There's a great Atkins '72 thread (a sticky) in that forum on LCF. It lays out all the rules for Induction. You're pretty much right on. Some people stay on Induction for much longer than just the two weeks or so cause they want to get to goal faster but it might not even make it happen quicker. Some things slow '72ers down, like too much cream in their coffee, too much cheese, using cream cheese too soon, and stuff like that. Or even not using enough fat, but I know you're not coming from a low fat mentality and it won't be an issue for you.

Good luck!! Working today so I have no time to chat. Bbl. Have a great day, Laura.
Old 07-11-2014, 08:55 PM   #2080
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Hope your dress-hunt goes well. I love how motivated you are!
Hope your computer's not buried in the piles from the closets!
DebbyL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 09:23 PM   #2081
Blabbermouth!!!

What a busy day ! Worked hard on garage sale last night and went to Houston today and then worked on garage sale again for hours DS1 and GF here helping - she and I went to HOuston.

I'm beat ! will bb tomorrow !!
Old 07-12-2014, 09:37 PM   #2082
Blabbermouth!!!

well sale wasn't nearly as good as usual ! Some of our signs were down :/ - we wondered where everyone was. DH made more and DS put them out again and then it picked up

No one seems to want much clothes and NONE of my scrubs sold ! planning to take what doesn't sell to women's crisis center and maybe some to resale shop . No biggie

Super tired after it was done ( going to have it for a few hrs tomorrow ). We decided to go to Walmart and ended up having steak/shrimp at a nice restaurant in Town. It was so good !!

Hope you all enjoyed your day ! I will try to catch up tomorrow !
Old 07-12-2014, 10:28 PM   #2083
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sounds like a hard day. I hope tomorrow works out better for you. I've never done the garage sale thing... Kudos to you for going to all that work! At least you got a special dinner!
Old 07-13-2014, 12:10 AM   #2084
Blabbermouth!!!

saving this here so I can find it easier ! You guys might like to try this too !

JustJo's salad dressing :

Garlic Dijon Vinaigrette

20 oz oil
12 oz good red wine vinegar (DON'T use white vinegar that's for cleaning)
1 T. Dijon mustard (I use Walmart's Great Value, it taste just like the Dijon I use to buy in France)
2 t. salt
1 t. pepper
1 garlic clove for every 2 T. of dressing

Procedure:
In a blender, on high speed, blend all ingredients together except for garlic and pour into a quart jar. Keep refrigerated.

Just before serving, crush a clove of garlic for every 2 T. of dressing -- 2-3 T. is enough for about 5 oz. of leafy green salad.
Makes 1 quart or 4 cups and Zero carbs except for the garlic!

WARNING: Please learn from my mistake, do NOT put the garlic in with the other ingredients!! I tried that once hoping to save a step and the garlic got a rancid taste sitting in the mixture. What I do now is process all my garlic in a food processor and keep it in another jar in the frig then add about 1 t. to my vinaigrette when I ready to eat my salad. Makes life sooo easy with the "bag o' salads". No fuss no muss!!
Old 07-13-2014, 07:33 AM   #2085
Big Yapper!

Sounds nice, Laura. Sorry the garage sale was a bust. I've always found them not worth doing. People want you to give stuff away. In the end, that's just what you ended up doing, but to people in need.

I'm working today. Storms will dot the entire afternoon and evening. Please, PLEASE pray for me. 9 hours is a terribly long time to be with someone who is truly miserable and you are the only one to vent to. AND we have a woman coming for an interview at 4:30. I wonder if she'll call and ask me to cancel it. I hope not cause the person needs to see how things are when t-storms (or mowing) is/are going on.

Last edited by CherylB; 07-13-2014 at 07:35 AM..
Old 07-13-2014, 07:49 AM   #2086
Blabbermouth!!!

Going to do it again today for 6 hrs - 10-4 --- we'll see how it goes.

This days off isn't much fun ;/ Oh well, part of being a grown up huh ??

Praying that it goes pretty smooth for ya cheryl !! Hot HOT here !
Old 07-13-2014, 07:43 PM   #2087
Blabbermouth!!!

Well it was pretty slow today Hot and then started raining for a while...
Did sell some stuff but will be calling Crisis center and the resale shop so I can drop off all these clothes !

still trying to eat meat,eggs,cheese, and small amt of lettuce. But boy do I miss variety !

Today's food :
coffee with co
hamb patty
cheddar cheese
hb egg
pork ribs
few bites of salad

I will try to keep with the VLC but I know I won't stay at induction longer than one week ( if I make it to Friday ) I just need more variety than that. I'm a foodie !!!!

Asked the ones that have lost so well on '72 and they didn't recommend I do the chia seeds daily..... well guess what ? Things aren't moving After yrs of having problems with that, I don't want to go through that again !!

Tomorrow is last day off and i'm really tired... really tired.

Hope you all have had a great weekend ! Off to check in with you guys !
Old 07-13-2014, 08:31 PM   #2088
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ah too bad it didn't go well today. You will feel so good to get rid of everything though! Nice cleaned-out house!
We met a man from Texas today. Motorcycling to Alaska...I said "escaping the heat, huh?" & he nodded vigorously!!
Old 07-13-2014, 09:31 PM   #2089
Big Yapper!

That's so funny, Debby. As a former transplanted Texan, that makes me grin from ear to ear.

Laura, Debby's right. You have done amazing work at home this week. It's no wonder you're tired! Maybe you took on too much for one week. Anyway, it's nearly over and you can go back to work and get some much-needed rest.

What is happening on the Labor and Delivery front? Is it on the back burner?

I want to tell you that you can eat way more than a "few bites of lettuce." Make a salad. Put cheese and diced up chicken breast and bacon crumbles and lots of your favorite dressing on the salad and eat that for a meal. It doesn't have to be eggs/bacon/meat. I haven't had a single egg in the nearly 2 weeks I've been back on LC. (Correction! It's two weeks today, now that it's the 14th.) And I have almost no appetite whatsoever so if I'm not in ketosis, I'm "close enough for government." And I'm down 8 lbs (shoosh! Don't tell anyone. I'm keeping that under my hat.)

I buy rotisserie chicken from the grocery store and nosh out on the skin. When I reheat the meat, it's with butter, garlic, salt and pepper and I dip it in ranch. I eat things like fresh green beans or broccoli in a ziplock steamer bag with butter, garlic, salt and pepper and add cheese when it hits the plate. That is sometimes my meal. I am not a big protein eater. Sometimes it's just nice to eat veggies, ya know?

I'm even eating a piece of fruit per day. Not every day but I'm buying peaches and eating them as they get ripe. And before bed, I cut up a large tomato (unfortunately not home-grown) into a bowl and I add salt and ranch (I love my ranch dressing.) I am a happy camper and I haven't had one stinking egg! I got so sick of eggs. Today was my first tuna salad, too.

Just enjoy the WOE. It's not drudgery. Don't listen to those people who say it is that strict. I would avoid tomatoes (and limit onions) in the very beginning and the fruit, but if you add cream to the berries or melon pieces, I'm sure you can get away with it every few days.

Last edited by CherylB; 07-13-2014 at 09:34 PM..
Old 07-14-2014, 06:11 AM   #2090
Blabbermouth!!!

the way you are eating is more like the way I usually LC. Veggies and occas fruit. Meat and veggies. Some eggs....... and Ranch, lots of ranch
Old 07-14-2014, 07:38 AM   #2091
Blabbermouth!!!

yep thinking I will go back to my regular LC .... I will consider last 3 days a meat/egg fast !

Back on chia seeds for sure ! TMI !

Going to be super hot again today ! UGH......... I wanna go to Colorado ! Can someone make that happen for me ????

The lady with the insurance co had to come again this morning to draw my blood AGAIN. The company called and said they didn't have enough of my blood. She drew the exact same amt from me and Tom ??? They must have lost it or dropped it and thought we weren't smart enough to figure that out ;/

Anyway I had to get up at 7:15 am - she was gonna be here between 8-9 . She got here at 8:30 and I am now drinking coffee trying to get rid of headache. Boy I am addicted to coffee. I was dying without it !

Dyed my hair last night. Still trying to let bangs grow out .... so not fun.

May go to chiro today - neck is really tight and feels like it needs to pop . Has been for weeks and it feels better after I go.... so expensive though !
Was in a wreck as a kid and we were rear ended ( all us kids were in back seat ) I think I have arthritis in my neck possibly from this .

bbl friends. I'm in a chatty mood..... wish we could all meet in person and hang out !
Old 07-14-2014, 11:49 AM   #2092
Big Yapper!

BUT I never eat things like Atkins bars or shakes. Just real food. I don't remember what you may have said about why you needed your blood drawn. Why did they come to your house? I must be losing it cause I don't remember anything regarding this.

If you find someone to take you to Colorado, take me too! I loved the times I spent there when I was in my 20's. Could have stayed for good but never lived there. Always thought I might. Maybe someday I will! Life is unpredictable.
Old 07-14-2014, 12:40 PM   #2093
Blabbermouth!!!

We changed our life insurance and they have to re-draw you . Something was messed up or lost I guess so she had to come again today. They do a big physical and ask you a million questions !

Luckily she was only here a few minutes and I could have my COFFEE !!!!
Old 07-14-2014, 12:40 PM   #2094
Blabbermouth!!!

I usually make my own shakes with almond milk, protein pwd, and chia seeds - to keep things moving ~~~

atkins bars if I'm in a bind only ~ they are expensive and I would rather have real food !
Old 07-14-2014, 12:41 PM   #2095
Blabbermouth!!!

Just had some yummy leftover pork ribs ( no sauce ) and SF jello
Old 07-14-2014, 12:54 PM   #2096
Blabbermouth!!!

Forgot to answer ! Going to do OB on 2 days next two times I'm off...... tues and wed both time. That way I'll get a day off after my 6 before working those 2. I'll be tired, but the $$$ will come in handy and hopefully I'll learn something !
Old 07-14-2014, 02:44 PM   #2097
Big Yapper!

That is a lot of work! I'd keel over after that many shifts all bunched together. One day off in between wouldn't cut it for me. I'm glad you can rebound like that. Hope all goes well with the insurance lab draw results. I can't get life insurance because of the number of meds (and type of meds) I take. Pitiful.
Old 07-14-2014, 07:40 PM   #2098
Blabbermouth!!!

that's too bad Cheryl !

Pan fried some fish in olive oil/butter after we ran to town - took TONS of stuff to Salvation Army !! Man they had some nice stuff in there. I'd never been there :0 bought me a scrub top lol !

Made a big pot of the taco soup i love later and we got garage all cleaned up and put the stuff for resale shop up till next week when I can take it. They couldn't take any donations today.

We are tired but glad we got rid of so much . It's a good feeling
Old 07-14-2014, 07:58 PM   #2099
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good job! I truly can't imagine how you get anything done in that heat!
We just had to go through that insurance/medical stuff again this year... switched insurance because of rates. Should be good for a while now... Both of us scored at the top of the health charts - Mine beat DH That's funny, because if you saw us, he's the one that's always been 'fit'
Hope you burned off some of those lbs. that you want gone...
Old 07-14-2014, 08:22 PM   #2100
Blabbermouth!!!

I hope so too.. I've been back on plan since June 27 - down 6-7 lbs so far but so much more to go .

You're right ! It was HOT !