Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2013, 06:58 PM   #181
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby'snana View Post
Ok, was hoping scale would drop a little this morning, but still the same. Keep reminding myself I was 150 the day before Christmas ( remember I fell off the wagon for about 4-5 weeks ? Was stressed about lots of things and diet was not on my priority list )
So, I know most of that was water weight, but now am 138.8 (again) and want to get to goal before my birthday in May. So..... we shall see !
Hoping and praying these 6 shifts go MUCH better than the last ones ! Thanks Debby for wishing "good Dr's" on us !! We need them
Everyone have a great day !
Thanks! I did, in spite of Shelby getting fixed today. Poor baby.
You're doing so good, Laura that's great that you're in the 30's after being in the 50's so recently. Think on the good!
It is a lot of work, losing wt. I let that fact work for me... not worth "blowing it" on food. Today on Dr Oz, they showed how the processors use sugar, salt, & hydrogenated fat to make people lose control & eat too much. So, eating those foods is like playing with fire... which we already knew, but just confirms.
You're really gonna need your strength & good sleeps for those shifts. Hope it goes smoothly.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2013, 11:19 PM   #182
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
Exhausted. Super busy shift. Now I have a terrible sore throat too. Ugh.......
shelby'snana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:30 AM   #183
Blabbermouth!!!

sorry for the downer post last night ( this am ?) Still have a bad sore throat, congestion, ears hurt.... hope it's not strep. still 5 shifts to go this week :0

All I ate yesterday was :

B - coffee
2 sausage patties

L- 3 small salmon patties LC with chipolte mayo

D - NADA !! Way too busy at work to eat

snack - 1 atkins shake

Hopefully today will be better and I can actually eat ! Also , might ask the ER Dr. to look at my throat, if not , I will try to squeeze into my Dr. sometime today. I really feel lousy !

Have a great day everyone ! It's sunny and nice here. Too bad I won't get to enjoy it

Scale this am 138.2 !

ATTITUDE is the difference between an ordeal and an ADVENTURE !!

'If you're tired of starting over, then QUIT stopping !"
Old 02-27-2013, 07:05 PM   #184
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hope your sore throat heals up fast! I've been fighting that thing with Reactin Sinus - which is a 12 hr allergy pill with sinus stuff. Its what the Dr's use to keep from getting sick here in Canada. It really does work (most of the time) if you start taking it soon enough. Course I also take echinacea, garlic, vitamin C, etc. etc... Sure hope you got help. How does that work, in your line of business? I wouldn't think they'd want sick nurses working.

You gotta plan for better meals when you work!! Hard to keep the body going on low-fuel AND long hours.

Have a restful evening!
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:25 PM   #185
Blabbermouth!!!

thanks Debby. Home now - good shift today )

Made sure I ate something right when I got to work and then had a small bowl of salad tonight.

Food today :
B - coffee --- used the last of my CO !! Need to get more !

L - 5 meatballs with ranch

D - small bowl of salad

snacks - 6 grapes, about 8 grape tomatoes

I was a good girl today and only drank about 1/2 the tea I usually drink. Made myself drink plain water for the rest. ;( Don't like plain water much, but want to see if cutting down AS will help me drop these last lbs !

Tired, will check in tomorrow
Old 02-28-2013, 07:20 AM   #186
Blabbermouth!!!

morning !

Sleep was not happening last night. Between sore throat and stuffy nose, I also had terrible leg cramps......the kind that make you want to scream out loud !!

DH came home at 8 and I woke up when he got in bed. Could I go back to sleep ?? Not with Allie jumping on and off the bed and walking back and forth between us.... She's rotten !! She just wanted back out. DH puts her out while he showers and such, but the weather is beautiful, and she wanted out to play !

oh well, it's hump day....day3 at work. praying today is nice

Scale is my friend 137.2
Going to stick to plain water for 1/2 the day again

Plan to make some eggs before I head to work ~~~

Have a wonderful day !
Old 02-28-2013, 11:18 PM   #187
Blabbermouth!!!

pretty good shift today, but still not feeling up to par ??? Sore throat is even worse, but it's only slightly red and I can't figure out why it hurts me soooooo BAD ;(
I just gargled with warm salt water when I got home and Oh My Gosh, it set my throat on FIRE !! Why ???? I always have done that with sore throats and it soothed it ! Can't figure this out........

3 down, 3 to go...... praying I feel better before I'm off. We need to get stuff together and organized for a garage sale in next month or two.

Food was good today !

B - coffee
2 fried eggs in butter
1 cheese stick

L - salad with tuna, HB egg, ranch and veggies

D - grilled tilapia and shrimp with grilled zucchini and broccoli

And , I had ANOTHER leg cramp at work. My darn left calf is so sore from all the cramping I've been having last few nights ! Talked to the ER dr and he wants me to start taking potassium. Will just take this week - I ran to Walgreens tonight and got some - and see if it helps. My potassium is not low. DH thinks its the exercises I've been doing, and I have been doing some different ones this week ??? so who knows.....
boy those things really hurt

Gonna sleep in DS's room, don't want to wake up any earlier in am than I have to . Hope I sleep well and hope you all do too ! Night !
Old 03-01-2013, 06:37 AM   #188
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Garden
Stats: 176/144.8/Skinny (5'4")
WOE: LC/LC
Start Date: 12/12/11(restart)10/02/13
Hi Laura! Looks like you are doing very well despite the aches and illness - sorry you've been under the weather .

Your sweet grand-daughter is absolutely gorgeous. Watch out when she becomes a teenager - HEARTBREAKER !!!! Better lock her up !!!

I'm not posting too much these days, but still maintaining and aware of myself !!!
Garden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:50 AM   #189
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garden View Post
Hi Laura! Looks like you are doing very well despite the aches and illness - sorry you've been under the weather .

Your sweet grand-daughter is absolutely gorgeous. Watch out when she becomes a teenager - HEARTBREAKER !!!! Better lock her up !!!

I'm not posting too much these days, but still maintaining and aware of myself !!!
Thanks Susan ! Glad to hear you are doing ok ! That sunshine will make your days much sweeter and I know you are itching to get outside and enjoy your beautiful yard

Take care ! You are doing great
Old 03-01-2013, 07:59 AM   #190
Blabbermouth!!!

morning !

Didn't sleep till after 4, but did sleep really well after that. Up at 9 cooking bacon/onion, and cabbage...needed to use up the last of the bacon.

Throat is better !!! Maybe I burned the whole darn lining off ??? haha ! Man, I hope it stays that way More congested, but I can handle that !

My package is at the post office so I'll stop and pick up the outfits I ordered for Shelby for her birthday They are so cute <3 Her birthday is April 21 - can't wait !

Have meatloaf and grapes at work and I'm taking the cabbage and some meatballs and ranch so I should be good to go today .
That fish and shrimp must have been more salty than I thought. 137.8 this morning. Will drink lots of extra water today .

Hope you all have a good day ! Cool and crisp sunny day here !!
Old 03-01-2013, 08:22 AM   #191
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning!
That's great that you're getting better. Must be getting good Dr's this week

Yeah, seems like all seafood is naturally salty. That happens to me too. makes it hard to eat once a week!

Well, I'm experimenting this morning, had Quinoa, chia & coconut oil for breakfast. The calorie/nutrients look excellent, but my tummy is not liking it now. Hope that passes!

Have a great day!
Old 03-01-2013, 11:12 PM   #192
Blabbermouth!!!

Well, felt better all day and this evening my voice went completely out. Just squeaks. It was already sounding like a MALE frog, but now it's gone....... ugh. It's hard to take care of people when you can't talk !!

I had an old bottle of prednisone (steroid) from Mexico from years and years ago, the ER Dr. tonight said "I'd take some if I were you " haha ! I just took some and hope to wake up with a voice

Food Today :
B - bulletproof coffee
bacon
HB egg

L -meatloaf, cabbage with onions and bacon, cantelope ( wasn't hungry so only a little of each )

D - 5 meatballs with ranch

snack- about 8 grapes

Tons of ice water for my throat !!!

Debby hope your tummy feels better. I actually saw chia seeds in the store the other day - will wait until goal to try them as I stall so easily .
Need to make my tilapia at home and pan fry them so I can control the salt. They are in a bag in the freezer individually frozen. So easy. I just forget they are there

night all !
Old 03-02-2013, 07:57 AM   #193
Blabbermouth!!!

woke up way too early , feeling like crud again , still no voice....... offered my shift to co-workers but it's a beautiful Sat here, so of course no one wants it.

Going to work. Congested and coughing too. Wouldn't you want me taking care of
you ??

Have a nice weekend everyone .
Old 03-02-2013, 09:23 AM   #194
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Well, felt better all day and this evening my voice went completely out. Just squeaks. It was already sounding like a MALE frog, but now it's gone....... ugh. It's hard to take care of people when you can't talk !!

I had an old bottle of prednisone (steroid) from Mexico from years and years ago, the ER Dr. tonight said "I'd take some if I were you " haha ! I just took some and hope to wake up with a voice

Debby hope your tummy feels better. I actually saw chia seeds in the store the other day - will wait until goal to try them as I stall so easily .
Need to make my tilapia at home and pan fry them so I can control the salt. They are in a bag in the freezer individually frozen. So easy. I just forget they are there.
Sorry you're not feeling well today, nope I sure wouldn't want someone sick taking care of me... do you have to wear a cloth mask? If you have a cold or cough at our hospital they make you.

Actually, I believe the chia seeds have helped take the water retention away (dropped the 2 lbs in the 3 days I've eaten them). Of course I am using them instead of my other seeds/nuts (and I haven't had to take cold meds either) I'm feeling really good too, the benefits are super!

The nausea came from having too much coconut oil with it... it doesn't soak it up like the oats do. Going to move half the oil to my afternoon snack.

Hope you feel better soon & have a good Saturday!
Old 03-03-2013, 11:18 PM   #195
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm off !!! Finally !! Working sick for 6 days was a killer.......

So excited to be able to relax and sleep in tomorrow . What a Blessing !

ttyl
Old 03-04-2013, 07:03 AM   #196
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good for you ! Happy rest-time!
Old 03-04-2013, 11:40 AM   #197
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks. did sleep in and it felt great. SUPER windy here today !! Gosh not good, hope there's no fires :0 Supposed to be upper 70's today.

I have eaten bad 2 nights in a row, just for an hour or so, but wow, you can do a lot of damage in an hour ( or at least I can ) ..... making my list for grocery store now. Was at the end of work week and after feeling bad I guess I just caved and ate junk. Oh well, it's a new day and I know getting some rest will help me feel better .

Not sure what we are doing today. Laundry for sure ! ( so exciting around here )

ttyl !
Old 03-04-2013, 07:07 PM   #198
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Thanks. did sleep in and it felt great. SUPER windy here today !! Gosh not good, hope there's no fires :0 Supposed to be upper 70's today.
I have eaten bad 2 nights in a row, just for an hour or so, but wow, you can do a lot of damage in an hour ( or at least I can ) ..... making my list for grocery store now. Was at the end of work week and after feeling bad I guess I just caved and ate junk. Oh well, it's a new day and I know getting some rest will help me feel better .
Not sure what we are doing today. Laundry for sure ! ( so exciting around here )
ttyl !
Ah, too bad about that. Need to throw out all junk! Shop for good stuff.
Hungry girl had some good alternatives on Dr. Oz.... would be good to have that on hand. I'm going to look for some mung fruit... try it. Would be nice to have something powdered for my purse.
Hope the junk doesn't cause too much wt. gain.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:19 PM   #199
Blabbermouth!!!

was nice to be off today ....... headed to bed. Night all
Old 03-05-2013, 08:59 AM   #200
Blabbermouth!!!

Very frustrated today !!

Woke up with a backache, stuffed up head, coughing and aching all over. Feel like a truck ran over me. Feel 70 years old........ trying to figure out what the heck is going on

Not sure if I am just worn out and not over what I had all last week

Or, is it really possible that having a sandwich, chips and ice cream 2 nights in a row ( which other people can eat every day of their lives ? ) is causing me this much misery ?? I am all "stove up" - just took a super long hot hot shower and am now on a heating pad...

This last 1 1/2 yrs I have started vitamins, exercised more than in yrs, watch what I eat - not perfect, but at least 95 % of the time on plan.....eliminated most of the sugar and flour from my diet. And then, I wake up like this ((( Old Lady Syndrome !

Trying to get motivated to go into town to health food store - out of CO - and then hit grocery store - need to restock produce and get some wings .

I am just in the worst mood. And then last night, DH didn't want sausage that I had thawed out, so he wanted to go out to eat. Had chicken breast smothered in red onions,mushrooms,tomatoes, cilantro,jalapenos and white wine sauce. Really good -- replaced my rice/beans with salad......... wondering if the sauce had flour in it. Surely even if it did, I didn't get more than 1/2 tsp or so....... at the most !!

And scale of course is up from my cheating those 2 nights 140.6 !!

so frustrating to be good so much and then 1-2 meals totally de-rails me. I know, I know, don't cheat........ I KNOW this but when i'm sick or exhausted I tend to want comfort foods.

Rant over : over and out
Old 03-05-2013, 10:56 AM   #201
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sorry you're sick today Laura,
It sounds like the cold held off & is there in full force now. It is a bad one & lasts at least 2 weeks, usually a lot more. I'd focus on resting & healing from that... Cold meds, etc... Sorry you're blue.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:48 PM   #202
Blabbermouth!!!

Made some lunch - sausage, fresh spinach sauteed, and jalapeno poppers. Ate a little, not a lot ( can't taste much ), had a quick nap, feeling better now. Beautiful day outside - need to get some sun and relax.

Drinking lots and lots - need to flush those lbs away !
Old 03-05-2013, 05:47 PM   #203
Blabbermouth!!!

Walked Allie for a bit and played ball with her outside. Feeling better now had some motrin earlier.

Food Today :
B - coffee
1 sm. slice of LC cheesecake

L- 1/4 link of sausage - small amt of spinach - 4 jalapeno popper halves

D - southwestern taco soup

Snack - 1 lg. beef stick

May have another snack before bed if needed. Drinking tons today !
Pray I wake up feeling better tomorrow.

Have a nice night everyone !
Old 03-05-2013, 09:02 PM   #204
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That's good that you feel better!
Old 03-06-2013, 02:46 PM   #205
Blabbermouth!!!

Good day today once I got moving ......

Went to the Health Food Store ( I was soooo excited that DH wasn't with me, I could just take my time, not have to pay shipping,etc......) and what did I buy ??? Nothing !!
Their prices were soooo HIGH ! I think I would prob come out ahead to buy it all online and pay the shipping fee !
That was crazy...... and I wanted to try kelp chips ( everyone says they are so good ) but I ended up buying fresh kale at the grocery store..along with tons and tons of other produce. I will try to make my own !

Got some steaks to go with shrimp I thawed out...DH said he will grill them. Also got some eggplant to cook for DH as a surprise . Mushrooms .

I got wings to make tomorrow too.... love them <3

Well, I bought out the store, but was mostly produce... the clerk when I checked out said " wow, that's a lot of produce , ...... that's great " Made me feel good

Walked Allie and did my dumbbells and stretches. Didn't end up getting my CO, gotta get some next time I go to Walmart I guess. I do have some fat bombs in the freezer, need to put those in my coffee to get my co till then.

Beautiful day here... hope you all are having a great day
Old 03-06-2013, 07:35 PM   #206
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Great! You got out & restocked your veggies. I'm that way about the health food store too. Its so hard to pay such high prices.

T'was a beauty of a day here too. Glad you also got a nice one.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:12 PM   #207
Blabbermouth!!!

Yes, i bought tons and tons Lots of good food ! hoping that all these fresh veggies and my vitamins will help me to not get sick again ........

Weather was awesome ! Neat that you had a cold sunny day. That's my favorite
Old 03-06-2013, 08:53 PM   #208
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Yes, i bought tons and tons Lots of good food ! hoping that all these fresh veggies and my vitamins will help me to not get sick again ........
Weather was awesome ! Neat that you had a cold sunny day. That's my favorite
Great plan... 'cept you gotta cook it all. That's the hardest part for me.
I have to cook up big amounts to have ready to serve in containers & keep from having it go bad... hate throwing away food. Should be some tasty dishes too
Old 03-06-2013, 09:56 PM   #209
Blabbermouth!!!

That's ok.. I love to cook <3

I forgot you don't enjoy it anymore. I don't know what I would do with myself if I didn't cook ! Even with housework, laundry, walking Allie etc.... I would go bonkers with boredom if I didn't cook. Weird huh ?? And I always cook tons of extras on Sun,Mon to take to work for the week.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:41 AM   #210
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning ! Weight is down to 138.2 this am.....finally coming back down.

Sunny pretty day here !

Food yesterday :

B - coffee
L -southwestern soup
snacks - pork rinds with sour cream, grapes
D- steak, shrimp,eggplant parmesan ( not breaded )
snack - smooth move tea with lemon

Need to clean house today ! Don't want to, but DS2 will be here tomorrow so want to get it done before he gets here

TTYL !