WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
TOTALLY BORED...............
shelby'snana is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-17-2014, 01:40 AM   #2012
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Sorry, sweetie. Good book to read? I see you are asleep. I went to bed too early and work around 1:30 am. Trying to get back to sleep but failing so far. 4:40 am presently. Have a good day, Laura.
CherylB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 07:13 AM   #2013
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
Morning Cheryl !

I finally went to bed at 1:40 am ..... got up at 8:30. Back to work today. it's a pretty sunny day , but supposed to be really hot this week !

Have done some really light exercises this last few days and have eaten very little . Scale isn't moving much, guess I really did GAIN this weight, it's not just water weight ! Oh boy.....

I had a big pile of clothes in my floor that were too big and are going into garage sale. Last few weeks I've been reaching over and pulling a top, or a pair of scrub pants etc. out of pile and washing them...... No more. Gonna bag those suckers up this am before I leave and have DH put them out in storage building. I have plenty of capris and tops , I just can't fit into them. Plenty of scrubs too. Oh well..... maybe if I walk around uncomfortable and looking like a stuffed sausage I'll keep my promises to myself and get this crappy weight off ! All around my belly and boobs too Last place I need to get bigger ;/

Plan to stay positive all week ~ work has been pretty bad lately ~ and I know getting a negative attitude doesn't help. God will get me through this ! Feeling better and dropping some weight will help too !!

Hope you all have a great week !

ATTITUDE is the difference between an ordeal and an ADVENTURE !!

'If you're tired of starting over, then QUIT stopping !"
Old 06-18-2014, 11:17 PM   #2014
Blabbermouth!!!

just checking in.... 2 shifts down. 5 to go !

staying LC ~~ it's been pretty easy Lots of tempting foods tonight in ER, cheesecake, brownies, homemade tortillas........ some of my favorite foods. But I had a taco salad and said no to everything else. Pretty happy about that !

Hope you are all doing good.
Old 06-18-2014, 11:41 PM   #2015
Big Yapper!

Very brave on getting rid of those clothes. I can't stand to be uncomfortable. I'm glad you're doing well but be kind to yourself. I find super tight clothes that show all the bulges and won't allow you to even sit, squat or bend comfortably has the opposite affect on me. I eat out of self anger.
Old 06-19-2014, 07:59 AM   #2016
Blabbermouth!!!

sorry should have been 2 down, 4 to go ! Woohoo !! Hump day today

No worries Cheryl. I actually haven't bagged them up, they are still there..... but I've decided I'm NOT going to touch them.

I've been on here since 2011 and what good have I done myself or my health by bouncing around for 3 yrs ??? None !

I plan to get to goal and stay there. I felt so good at 133.5 , I can't imagine how freeing it will be to get to 127 !!!

It's super hot and humid and I will keep reminding myself how bloated and crappy I feel with all this extra weight on .;/ It's miserable !!

155.2 this am.

Food yesterday :
lunch meat
coffee with CO
meatballs with cheese/marinara
taco salad.

Doing a load of clothes. drinking coffee. Pretending I'm retired and don't need to be getting ready for work

Have a wonderful day !
Old 06-19-2014, 08:47 AM   #2017
Big Yapper!

Hope you have a great rest of your work week, Laura. I LOVE your new saying in your siggy. Did you make that up? Sooo true. Bon voyage on your adventure!
Old 06-20-2014, 08:53 PM   #2018
Blabbermouth!!!

Update :

DIl called me at work last night~~ severe abd pain and back pain with nausea. I said "gallbladder"

She woke DS up and he took her - with both kids in tow - to ER. I said I would head that way when I got off at midnight.... didn't get off till 1am. Drove over an hour to ER and Jared had taken the kids home. DIL got medicated and they said they would admit her and take GB out today
I went to their house and showered ( 3am ) and slept in the living room with the kids so my DS could sleep ( he had been up since 4:30 am )

Wyatt had never had a bottle. DIl only breastfeeds. Fun. Had to get him to take bottle. Luckily she had frozen breast milk.

Today they waited all day for surgeon to stop by.... he showed up at 6pm and said he will do surgery tomorrow am. !! What an A**...... she sat there all day waiting. Ugh.

didn't work today. Now not working tomorrow either.DS can't be with her in pre and post op with the baby and Shelby. No way.

Kids are being good, but I'm pooped.. lol ! Prayers appreciated for DIL ! Thanks friends
Old 06-20-2014, 08:55 PM   #2019
Blabbermouth!!!

Cheryl I read that on a thread about "your favorite quote" or something and I loved it too !
Old 06-21-2014, 08:56 AM   #2020
Blabbermouth!!!

She will go into surgery soon ! Thanks for prayers !
Old 06-21-2014, 09:09 AM   #2021
Big Yapper!

OMG, Laura. Someone presents to the ER with symptoms like that and they put her on the back burner? That's horrible. I had my gallbladder out but I didn't have anything in the way of symptoms besides a very specific and persistent pain on my sternum. I thought it was my heart (naturally.) I could place the tip of my finger directly on it. Went to the ER, intern walks in, presses over my gallbladder area, I respond with "ouch", he turns around and says "gallbladder" as he removes his gloves and walks out of the room.

Do you mean the siggy that the man had about diabetes? Yeah, I really thought that was written so well.

Thank God DIL had frozen some breast milk for emergencies. I guess it wouldn't kill him to have formula in a pinch. I'm glad the kids are well and that you are able to take this time to help out. That's the great thing about your job; the way you cover for each other when the chips are down. That's worth a great deal more than money sometimes.

I will say a prayer for DIL now. Might already have been taken out but I'll pray for a speedy recovery too. BTW, I had a lap-chole and I wasn't instructed to do it, but with my large abdomen, I bought one of those abdominal binders to wear in the first week post op. It made a huge difference. In fact, I packed to leave FL as soon as I got out of the hospital cause my contract there had ended. I hardly felt any pain with the binder on.

That's how I spent my 40th birthday! Having my very first surgery. The rest of the 40's stayed the same and now I'm well into the 50's and still don't have my ducks in a row. (Well, I'll be 52 in August.) But if I don't take this seriously, I will have peed away two decades of my life. What a waste and a shame that would be.

I'm making smarter choices now and I need to just remember that it all comes down to what we choose in the moment, as each moment presents itself. The rest will take care of itself. Have a great day and God bless your DIL and all your family, as well as the friends you work with.
Old 06-21-2014, 09:36 AM   #2022
Blabbermouth!!!

The surgeon did put her there ,....... what a piece of work. She just went in........

Mine was so easy too ! nothing to it
Old 06-21-2014, 10:48 AM   #2023
Blabbermouth!!!

Jared says she's out of surgery and did good ! PTL !
Old 06-21-2014, 01:22 PM   #2024
Big Yapper!

Yea!!
Old 06-21-2014, 06:16 PM   #2025
Blabbermouth!!!

Exhausted...........
Old 06-21-2014, 07:50 PM   #2026
Big Yapper!

I'll bet. Sleep tight, Laura. You are a good Mom/Mother-in-law/Gramma/Wife, etc.
Old 06-21-2014, 09:19 PM   #2027
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
I'll bet. Sleep tight, Laura. You are a good Mom/Mother-in-law/Gramma/Wife, etc.

Thanks Cheryl . You are so sweet.

Wyatt was fussy ALL day.... wore me out trying to make him happy. Think he missed his momma and daddy

Took them home about 7pm and then found out DS2 and GF were coming over.... Oh my gosh ! They just left at 11pm !

i was really looking forward to a nice quiet evening here by myself after the last 2 days

Last shift tomorrow. Doing the cold water challenge with some co-workers Watch for it on FB !!
Old 06-22-2014, 08:12 AM   #2028
Big Yapper!

Wow. That was the last thing you needed! Have no idea what the cold water challenge is but I'm going to FB next and maybe it will be found there. Have a good last shift and some great days off. REST. That's an order.
Old 06-22-2014, 08:29 AM   #2029
Blabbermouth!!!

morning CHeryl. It won't be there now.

It's a challenge that started to raise money I think for a firefighter...... you either jump in a pool of ice water or someone pours ice water over you and you donate $10 to charity. If you REFUSE you donate $100 to charity !

Supposed to be done within 24 hrs of being 'called out' but our shift couldn't coordinate it, so we are all doing it tonight at 7pm. I have to run outside and do it and then run back in and change and keep working !!!! lol !

DH cheated and did it here at the house with DS before work the other day. I'll share it. He did not want to do it .... I'll find it and post it ...

Yep, I'm tired. DS and his friend did pick the garden for DH , there was nothing cooked. I ended up at legion hall picking up hamburgers at almost 10pm...... I was just so tired.

Hope your shift at Dee's goes good and mine too !!
Old 06-22-2014, 09:04 AM   #2030
Big Yapper!

Thanks. I saw the video of your hubby. It looked like a shock to his system. Do not call me out. I'm an old fart and don't participate in things like that.
Old 06-22-2014, 11:31 PM   #2031
Blabbermouth!!!

ok then.
Old 06-23-2014, 12:32 AM   #2032
Blabbermouth!!!

Off ! Yay !

DIL is doing good. Tired and a little sore.....

DH will be off this morning . Going camping wed - sat ! Yippee !!!!
Old 06-23-2014, 10:11 AM   #2033
Big Yapper!

Have fun!!! Take pics to share with your pals.
Old 06-24-2014, 06:05 AM   #2034
Blabbermouth!!!

Got lots of laundry done yesterday . Today will be running errands, chiro.... looking for some tops, buying DS2's wedding cake , having lunch with his fiancee .Packing for little getaway !

Will go by and check on DIL and kiddos

Have a great day !
Old 06-28-2014, 06:24 PM   #2035
Blabbermouth!!!

Home now ! Boy was it HOT and HUMID here compared to the hill country ! It's amazing the difference a few hours can make !

Air conditioner acted up on way home in DH's truck. 94 F !!!! It started working again about 30 minutes before we got home . Thank Goodness !
Guess it needs more freon. ????

Doing laundry and putting stuff away slowly. DH is out there in camper cleaning it ~ he never lets me do it.... He gets it SPOTLESS. He's very type A

We went swimming in canyon lake yesterday with Allie. The water was so cool and refreshing ! Loved it

Talked to the camp hosts .... they were super nice and loved their job ... I have researched this so many times, I think we would love doing that ! Hopefully one day

I'll ttyl friends ! ( never got on computer while gone, just had phone )
Old 06-29-2014, 08:33 AM   #2036
Big Yapper!

I loved the pics you posted on FB of Canyon Lake. By the looks of the sites around yours, it wasn't crowded. It never was when we would go there. Nice to see some things haven't changed. I love Canyon Lake and the Hill Country. I wish I could come back for a visit again soon. I flew back there in 2007 and did a trip down memory lane. Sad how so many places I knew had changed. The place I lived in the country had changed so much that I drove completely by it and didn't realize I had until I saw the little diner up the hill. Then I knew exactly where I was and drove back down and looked at all that had changed. Yow.

Do you ever camp along the Guadalupe River? O.M.G. My favorite place on earth. (Well, maybe that's a slight exaggeration.) Talk about a refreshing place to swim and tube! Do you have some tubes? Go tubing for me.

Sorry you had a/c trouble with the truck. You must have been roasting. Hope it's nothing serious. Glad your hubby likes to do the cleaning. No wonder you want to keep him.
Old 06-29-2014, 09:07 AM   #2037
Blabbermouth!!!

We were only like 5 miles from river road. Yes, we like tubing too ! We tried fri afternoon but they wouldn't rent us tubes at 3:30 - 4 hr float time -

Come to Texas ! You could stay here and we could have lots of fun on my week off

We love the hill country too . It's an amazing place.........

The campground was super nice and quiet. It didn't fill up till Friday afternoon and every spot was taken ! lol !
Old 06-29-2014, 05:00 PM   #2038
Big Yapper!

I would love to come back down again on the next year. I will keep s squirling away my money and we'll see where life takes me. Gotta run. Talk later.
Old 06-29-2014, 09:25 PM   #2039
Blabbermouth!!!

Today I cleaned house and DH spent the day outside doing yard work.

it was really hot again. ;(

i got a h/a and took a quick nap then made Linda's LC lasagna .... then DS1 called and invited us over for fajitas Had a good visit and good food ( I took caesar salad )

Home now. Will take DIL to her f/u appt tomorrow to be released so she can drive etc. She has done great since her surgery ...
I am going to return some clothes I bought last week before we went camping. I actually bought some loose,comfy clothes :0 I know I am heavier now and I will just continue to cheat if I have those loose clothes around. Found my receipts and they are going back to store.

I am really trying so hard . I am finding each time I have to start over it just gets harder and harder. I know this, I just need to STOP !

Back on for 2 days now, just need to get through 2 weeks or so..... Kick my Butt if I don't !!!

oh well, relaxing with DH just watching TV.....have a great night y'all !
Old 06-29-2014, 10:12 PM   #2040
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
You go for it Laura!
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote