LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2014, 09:29 AM   #1981
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
Well, honesty time

Came home last night in a foul, foul mood A Dr was a smarta** to me and really pissed me off I have a terrible temper !!

Anyway I was fixing to get off but I was fuming

So I came home and tried eating some grapes, then some peanuts,..... I typically eat the WHOLE house when I'm mad....

Then I dove head 1st into ice cream and had a sandwich and chips. Miserable right after.....

Over and done. I know I was just super tired and since I didn't blow my stack ~~ I was stressed. I should have let him have it ! I would've felt better !

oh well..... back on track today. I'm very upset with myself. I was doing so good.

ATTITUDE is the difference between an ordeal and an ADVENTURE !!

'If you're tired of starting over, then QUIT stopping !"
shelby'snana is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-2014, 09:30 AM   #1982
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Partyof7
Stats: 44 down, 104 to lose.
WOE: JUDD induc.UD 4/10/14 Goal: Under 50g carbs day
Start Date: March 16th 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby'snana View Post
DS is feeling a little better. Hasn't passed out anymore. They took Wyatt to Dr. this am and he is now on abx for it also - just in case.

I called and cancelled on the baby shower Sat - everything I read said 3rd trimester is the worst time someone could get it and they could pass it to their baby. Also that even though we've had the Tdap , we could still get a mild case .... Just not worth the chance. She might have friends there who are pregnant or with small babies.

So, I will keep my Sat off since it's already covered and I guess I'll work Sun ;/ I really was looking forward to the whole weekend off. No one has picked up the shift though

Really pondering and trying to come to grips with my eating. It's so frustrating !! I hate to admit it, I really do.... but when I am around heavier people I think "what's the big deal ? They seem happy and fine with not being "perfect" " Then when I am around someone smaller and wearing cute clothes I think " what the he** is wrong with me ? What am I thinking pigging out and not caring about my health ? "

Bipolar ?? lol ! I can go from one extreme to the other in a flash !!

Weight is up.... way up ! I need to make a decision and stick with it ! I hate being like this. A girl at work is going on a trip in a few months and is trying to do LC ( her way ) . Told her BF - it'll be easy , someone at work does it and is so dedicated she will help me . Yeah right.... as I sit here unable to wear almost all of my clothes !!

Boiling eggs and checking out the fridge for options to take to work tomorrow. I know deep down in my heart that LC is the way for me to be healthy and feel and look better. I just have to pray and stay the course for a week or so to get in the "zone". Then, it's just so easy ! I need to remember how easy it was and how satisfied I was !!!

ok, enough of this late night rambling. Night all and wish me luck !
If you are bipolar - so am I!
In fact, sometimes I think by actually caring about weight - I become MORE insecure. Isn't that weird?
I feel good, but less confident lately. Like my outside weight doesn't match my inside - I'm still tubby, but I feel thinner. So then my self esteem takes a huge shot when what I see doesn't match what I am feeling.

I hope your day at work went well yesterday.
Partyof7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 01:40 PM   #1983
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Oops! Looks like Partyof7 cross posted with you, Laura. You most definitely did NOT have a good day at work. I'm sorry, honey. Been there! I'm sorry the Dr was so unfair. Would love to hear the details. Maybe it would help to get it out. Why is it that we take our anger out on ourselves? I'll never understand that.

I was texting with my sister today. She wanted to know how I've been. I confessed that I am still eating and drinking beer and lazing around and she had just done her 2+ hour swimming pool routine and walked the dog for 6 miles in the humidity and maybe some rain. (She said they were soaked so it could have been either/or or both.) She said she would have preferred to be joining me in my sloth.

Her heart isn't in it but she does it anyway. She says that God carries her through these things and that it isn't of her own strength that they get accomplished. I think I know what she means cause in times past when I've felt delivered from some things that used to overpower me, I knew it was a gift.

I think you and I need to rely more on God for our strength and motivation. Let Him carry us through each day and leave our burdens at His feet. I know; easier said than done. But at least I can pick up the Bible and read each day. That would be a very good place to start.

I told my sister (in the same short conversation via text) that I hadn't hit rock bottom yet. She said, "I'm sorry you haven't hit your bottom yet. It is a tough place to be when you do, but it starts a new beginning that can lead to success."

New beginnings. The best of those come from the Lord and not of ourselves. I know that and I'm sure you do too. I hope you have a much better day today.
CherylB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 05:37 PM   #1984
Blabbermouth!!!

Yes it seems party of 7 and I did cross post !

Thanks cheryl I try to turn my problems over to the Lord, it's so hard not to stress.

Tired today !

DS1 came over for a bit . He's feeling so much better ! wyatt is better too !

DH and I went to town and ran errands..... so hot and humid. Then it rained and it was even worse !

Been back on plan all day.

coffee with CO
protein shake
beef brisket
dill pickles

Have been reading back on my journal and am shocked that so much of what I was eating then, I'm not eating now.
i was so good to do my walks and such then too. Not now.

DS1 and family are taking us with them to the "sanctuary" ( a posh place where they own a lot ) tomorrow. super nice clubhouse and pool that is by the water. DH will take his boat .....
I'm so excited ! My back is really sore, but I think swimming will help it a lot

Had lunch late, so probably just a snack before bed.

Hope you all had a good day !
Old 06-09-2014, 05:37 PM   #1985
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby'snana View Post
Well, honesty time
Came home last night in a foul, foul mood A Dr was a smarta** to me and really pissed me off I have a terrible temper !!
Anyway I was fixing to get off but I was fuming
So I came home and tried eating some grapes, then some peanuts,..... I typically eat the WHOLE house when I'm mad....
Then I dove head 1st into ice cream and had a sandwich and chips. Miserable right after.....
Over and done. I know I was just super tired and since I didn't blow my stack ~~ I was stressed. I should have let him have it ! I would've felt better !
oh well..... back on track today. I'm very upset with myself. I was doing so good.
So sorry that happened! But alas, that's life... when I have a bad upset I take a st.johns root tab. or some of my homeopathic stuff for stress, it really helps. Also what Cheryl was saying, giving it to the Lord & His help through all of this (which I'm sure you were praying)! HELP!!
Two steps forward, on step back... get right back at it.
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 09:10 PM   #1986
Blabbermouth!!!

Just found this on another thread...... we have tons of squash from the garden. Gonna
make this !

Linda's LC recipe :
CREAMY SQUASH CASSEROLE
4 medium yellow squash, cut into half moons (about 1 1/2 pounds before trimming)
1 small onion, slivered (2 1/2 ounces)
2 stalks celery, finely chopped
2 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
4-8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded *

Sauté the onion and celery in the butter along with the chicken bouillon granules until the celery and onion are very soft and a little browned, about 20 minutes. Meanwhile, cook the squash in boiling water (or microwave) until tender; drain very well and pat as dry as possible. Combine all of the ingredients in a greased 1 1/2 quart casserole or 6x8" baking dish. Bake at 350º, uncovered, 30 minutes or until nicely browned and bubbly.

Makes 6 servings

* I used 8 ounces of cheddar in mine because I wanted it to be very cheesy. 4 ounces would be plenty if you want to cut back on the fat and calories so I've included the counts for both amounts.

With 4 ounces cheese:
Per Serving: 203 Calories; 18g Fat; 6g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 4g Net Carbs

With 8 ounces cheese:
Per Serving: 279 Calories; 24g Fat; 11g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 5g Net Carbs
Old 06-09-2014, 09:23 PM   #1987
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Let us know how you like it!
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 05:47 AM   #1988
Blabbermouth!!!

Really loud strong storm this am !! Kept waking me up and I would smile and go back to sleep ! I love storms when I'm sleeping.

Had some greek yogurt and then peanuts last night instead of supper.

Did not weigh this am ... went straight to coffee.....

Sun is shining. Kids should be here between 9 and 10 ..... then we'll go swimming !
Taking fruit and string cheese. DIl is taking lunch meat and sandwich stuff. I'll eat the lunch meat.

Have a great day !
Old 06-10-2014, 10:14 AM   #1989
Big Yapper!

Old 06-11-2014, 08:28 AM   #1990
Blabbermouth!!!

We had fun yesterday. Did some swimming and me and Heather (dil) took turns watching Wyatt under pavillion. He wasn't a fan of the sun or cold water

Shelby had a blast ! She's pretty red in places. Suntan lotion just kept wearing off....

DH and I were pooped !! And we had promised SHelby she could spend the night She was good though and we went to bed early

She woke up raring to go .... me I'm dragging

Will make jalapeno popper chicken today. zucchini - will bake it in oven - I saw a new recipe i've never tried.
have Ribeyes for today too

I did have off plan food last night when Shelby was eating. Ugh.

not going to let it get to me . LC is my WOE and one meal is not going to de-rail me !!

Taking Shelby to town today. Need corn for the squirrels... Whole family is supposed to come over tomorrow ~ DH is cooking a big brisket and we will do "Father's Day" when everyone can be here !

ttyl !
Old 06-11-2014, 08:31 AM   #1991
Blabbermouth!!!

Have some fresh sweet corn and fresh okra too ! Squash and zucchini also Any of you garden ? Only a few tomatoes so far.
Old 06-11-2014, 10:13 AM   #1992
Big Yapper!

Your foods sound so yummy. I love squash casserole too. I have a different recipe I got off of Linda Sue's website. I've made it a few times but I find it too easy to eat the whole thing in one sitting.

I used to enjoy gardening. I haven't gardened at all since I moved here. There doesn't appear to be a good place to do it without going onto the other side of the yard which is really on the upstairs neighbor's side. We don't really have "sides" but ykwim. If they started building something over on my side, it would feel a bit odd.

Enjoy your fresh veggies and your grand kids and your days off work.
Old 06-11-2014, 04:52 PM   #1993
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks Cheryl. It has been a good day !

We slept in and then I took Shelby to Walmart ~ she was excellent ! I had the talk with her before we went in that if she asked for everything she saw or whined and cried that I would be taking her to car and then to HER house. It worked !

We have been playing, watching "her shows" , she learned how to "shuck" corn lol ! and she fed the squirrels !
DH is mowing up around house and then we'll go back outside for a bit.

I made the jalapeno popper chicken and roasted zucchini in oven. - Didn't read the recipe right I guess. Mine never got crunchy and crisp. It was still good.

On plan all day.

scrambled eggs
jalapeno popper chicken and zucchini - just a small amt. Wasn't sure what we were doing for supper since DH wasn't home yet from his errands.

May make that squash casserole tomorrow with the sweet corn and DH wants German potatoes ( boiled then smashed with bacon, bacon grease,red wine vinegar and grilled onions ) They are to die for....... DIL loves them too.

May make a big caesar salad for supper with a little more chicken. It was good

Hope you all have enjoyed this hot summer day .
Old 06-11-2014, 07:34 PM   #1994
Big Yapper!

YUMMO. Sounds like a wonderful potato dish. Man oh man how I love potatoes. If only I could lose weight eating them. Why weren't my Irish ancestors fat? Was it because they didn't add fat to them, like butter and sour cream? Makes me wonder sometimes. It kept them alive through famine. Makes me think of the "food combining" stuff like Suzanne Sommers always talks about.

I'm glad you had a great day and Shelby did good in the store. Best to always have the talk before going for the shopping cart. Goodnight, Laura. I'm heading to bed soon. I had a good day too. Got some much-needed housework done. Well, I put a good dent into it. Now I don't feel like I'm drowning as badly.

Sleep tight.
Old 06-11-2014, 07:43 PM   #1995
Blabbermouth!!!

Night Cheryl. Yep, those potatoes are good...... I won't be eating them !
Old 06-11-2014, 08:01 PM   #1996
Big Yapper!

Night.
Old 06-12-2014, 12:08 PM   #1997
Blabbermouth!!!

Outside ! HOT !!!

Have shelby's pool out there and the dog's pool........

DH has brisket on pit... Me and Shelby have been out in pool Had to come in for a while. She's watching Frozen . She loves it and has it practically memorized !

Corn in shucked, okra is cut up and potatoes are peeled and in pot with cream of tartar so they will stay white till I cook them. Tea is made.

DH won't just kick back and relax. He is out there killing himself, cutting limbs and working in yard.

Shelby and I were calling him to come get in her little pool and he kept saying No... so I said ok just get in the doggie pool ! He DID Shelby loved it... :0 lol ! He pulled cowboy in with him to cool that silly dog off too . It was funny :!

ttyl !
Old 06-12-2014, 12:39 PM   #1998
Big Yapper!

How cute! I'm glad he stopped all his frenzied yard work long enough to get wet and make you laugh. Bet Cowboy was racing around after that. So the dogs are totally used to the underground fence now? Enough to chase a ball if thrown within the perimeter?

I'd forgotten that about cream of tarter and potatoes. I'm making regular potato salad for a picnic at the farm this Saturday. I said I'd bring something so that's what they needed. I know it tastes better if made ahead and sits a while but I'm working all day tomorrow. Do you think it's too early to make it today and let it stay in the fridge until Saturday afternoon with a tight plastic wrap over it? I'm thinking it would be better than if made that day.

Enjoy your yummy food and family fun. Thank God for a/c!
Old 06-12-2014, 02:04 PM   #1999
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh yeah Cheryl the dogs don't even have their collars on most of the time. They are doing great !

Yep he was funny !

I would think you could make it today for sure !!

busy busy ttyl !
Old 06-13-2014, 06:43 AM   #2000
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning !

Whole family came and we had tons of food..... I was good. Brisket ( no sauce ) with 4 bites of sweet corn (yum) and caesar salad !

The house was bombed ~ I swam lol ! with Shelby in her kiddie pool off and on throughout day and then cooked. I was super tired.

They left at 9pm then I had to clean up all the mess in the kitchen. All of Shelby's toys are still all over living room. Will do those later...... ;0

She tried to stay another night....... uh nooo....... I didn't get to go to chiro yesterday, so I'm going today ! My back has been hurting some for a few days.
Headed to Houston tomorrow with future dil and he Mom and best friend. Supposed to be picking out her flowers, dresses for her mom and me for wedding ( not happening, I told her I will look for one I like, but not buying till August when i see what size I need ), eating out ~ hoping for steak
Should be fun !

Went to bed at 1:30am and up by 8am ! WHat's up with that ? But, i feel good
Old 06-13-2014, 10:40 AM   #2001
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyinlove56
Stats: Alittle to much for this short gal
WOE: No sugar or flour/LC my way
Start Date: Feb 17, 2014
Hey there Laura....thanks for visiting my Journal...I did talk to you there LOL...
Really nice to meet you... Come on over anytime...
ladyinlove56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 08:12 PM   #2002
Blabbermouth!!!

Nice to meet you too Mary Frances ! I enjoyed your journal so much. I read all of it ! lol !!

We rode down to Port Aransas today and checked out some RV parks. Ate out and came home. There was a "festival" going on and the wait to cross to beach at Port A was an hour and 1/2 !!

Hope you all had a good day !
Old 06-13-2014, 09:06 PM   #2003
Big Yapper!

Ooh. Long wait! Hope it was worth it. Too tired to say much more. If you want to hear how my day at work went, check the horsey thread.
Old 06-14-2014, 06:21 AM   #2004
Blabbermouth!!!

nope we didn't wait..... came home.
Old 06-14-2014, 11:31 AM   #2005
Big Yapper!

So you didn't go to Port Aransas. You said you checked out RV parks there.
Old 06-14-2014, 07:45 PM   #2006
Blabbermouth!!!

We didn't get to the beach. We went to Rockport and the Town of Aransas pass...... just looked at a few RV parks.

Home. Loooong Day ! I left at 9am ~ we looked at cakes, went to the flower shop, went to Houston ~ mall, eating out, Hobby Lobby.... just got home at 9:30pm.
I'm pooped ! It was fun though
Old 06-15-2014, 07:29 PM   #2007
Blabbermouth!!!

Relaxing Sunday here at home. We never left the house and spent 99 % of day indoors. Watching TV and browsing internet ~ both of us !

Tummy was really nauseous and bloated all day ~ bad food choices last day and 1/2 ! Ugh.....

Today's food :
Coffee with CO
fried eggs (2)
HB egg (1)
Leftover ribeye ( maybe 3 oz ) ?

Really haven't been hungry at all ~ yuck

Found a dress for wedding yesterday in Houston and it was too tight around bust area. They didn't have a larger size and I never found another one that I liked as well. I was actually gonna wait and get the larger size.... But i'm NOT. I'm just gonna suck it up and stay on this WOE that I should be doing in the 1st place ~!!
Have about 14 weeks until wedding and I know I can loose quite a few lbs in that time frame. Just do it Laura !!! For Heaven's Sakes, you know what to do.......

Giving myself a pep talk here ~~

Boiled eggs and made a big pan of meatballs today. Will make more things tomorrow for work week.

going to Walmart in AM and then will pick Shelby up to spend most of the day here.

What are you guys up to ??
Old 06-16-2014, 02:09 PM   #2008
Blabbermouth!!!

Having a good day here !

Ran to town and got my Rx's and hit Walmart for a few things.

Picked up Shelby and she is still here playing . Being very good !

Food today :
coffee with CO
Lunch meat ( small amt ) with garden veg CC - thanks Mary Frances for that idea
2 pieces of bacon
Small bowl of Pork roast I made in pressure cooker

that's it so far. Not really hungry. Trying to drink lots of water

Last night I ended up eating a string cheese, 2 grapes, and then pork rinds with sour cream.... still not much food all day

Back to work tomorrow. Need DH to grill those pork chops for me !

i've already have HB eggs, celery,pork roast,lunch meat,CC , and pork rinds ... have brussel sprouts with bacon roasting in oven right now

hope you are all doing ok ! Boards are super quiet

Last edited by shelby'snana; 06-16-2014 at 02:18 PM..
Old 06-16-2014, 02:35 PM   #2009
Big Yapper!

Sinus infection city. No desire to talk. Enjoy the high you're on!
Old 06-16-2014, 03:12 PM   #2010
Blabbermouth!!!

Awww... sorry you are still sick Cheryl !