LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2014, 09:00 PM   #1951
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
Hi ladies

Party was very nice. Food meh....... Didn't dance at all I love to dance !! Shelby had a blast ! She ran and played and danced with all the kids non stop ! So happy for them - 50 yrs ! wow ......

Home and vegging in front of TV . Night all !
shelby'snana is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-2014, 09:16 PM   #1952
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Glad you had fun ~ Is it getting quite warm down there now?
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 09:02 AM   #1953
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
She's probably sweating her little fanny off, Deb. Texas is brutal in the summer and their Spring is a very short season. Laura, glad you had fun. Sorry the food was so-so. Why didn't you dance? Have a great Sunday.
CherylB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 11:34 AM   #1954
Blabbermouth!!!

yep, high 80's - 90's next week !! It's hot and sunny !

Put the little 'doggie pool' out a minute ago and Allie loved it. Have to soak Cowboy down with water hose, he won't get into pool .

Cooking up a storm ...kitchen is a mess !! Working OB ( orienting ) tomorrow so will do 7 days in a row this week :0 I have to be there at 6am for a c-section ...... oh boy . ;/

We don't dance unless DH is in the mood to..... never have. And, of course he wasn't in the mood. Boo....;/ I love to dance.

DS1 finished his outage a few days ago and he was sick for a week or so at the end. Got an abx shot , took abx, steroids, etc.... still no better. He's exhausted. Told him to go to ER and get a cxr and labs...... he's there now. Waiting to hear. I bet he has pneumonia. He's been worrying me.

DS2 went deep sea fishing today. He was so excited. Should be on his way in right now.... can't wait to hear if he liked it !

I put a cute video of Wyatt on FB

ttyl !

ATTITUDE is the difference between an ordeal and an ADVENTURE !!

'If you're tired of starting over, then QUIT stopping !"
Old 06-01-2014, 06:23 PM   #1955
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow! Hot & busy.
Hope your DS gets well soon.
Now I understand why you didn't dance... maybe you should of danced with someone else!
Old 06-01-2014, 10:10 PM   #1956
Big Yapper!

Hope both your sons have good reports when you hear from them. Women often just dance together facing each other in a circle. I think it looks stupid but I guess it's the only way they can dance sometimes. I'm going to go check Wyatt's video. It's 1 am but I'm off for the rest of the week.

What a long week you have ahead but how fun that you're going to take part in a C-section! I was present for one of those in nursing school. I was positioned at the mother's head and there was that drape up so they can't see the actual surgery and I was so excited. I hope I didn't ruin the experience for her.

I think Cowboy will enjoy the pool eventually. It's going to be less shocking to him than being hosed. Ttyl. Sleep well.
Old 06-02-2014, 08:22 AM   #1957
Blabbermouth!!!

OB was good. stayed 6 hours. Just got called - will go in again in a bit - prob stay about 6-8 hours again. It's 40 miles each way, so I want to stay a while when I get there.
Old 06-02-2014, 09:01 AM   #1958
Big Yapper!

That sucks that you went home and had to go back in but I hope you can give us the gory details of the C-section and all those body fluids later on. OB is full of body fluids. A gush here and a gush there, everywhere a gush gush.
Old 06-02-2014, 09:14 AM   #1959
Blabbermouth!!!

oh no... I was there 6 hours. Left at 10pm. They just called and I will go from like 12-7pm today. Just orienting so no specific hours. ( so glad cause I need more hours $$$ )
Old 06-02-2014, 10:15 AM   #1960
Big Yapper!

Oh. That's better than it sounded originally. Enjoy!
Old 06-03-2014, 08:01 AM   #1961
Blabbermouth!!!

They were actually busy ! This OB dept is pretty slow normally ( which sounds like a slice of Heaven to me ) - but I got to see stuff I didn't know. I only stayed 6 hrs, I could've stayed longer, but I was tired and I start back to ER today.

Forgot I am off this Sat and Sun !! My cousin has her baby shower ( yep, the one that didn't ask me to be a hostess ) in Austin and I took Sunday off so I wouldn't have to make that trip there and back and then be at work next morning !

Being lazy this am.... Having coffee , watching TV, playing on computer ....... pretending I'm off ?? lol ! Will jump in shower in a bit

Hot here !! 90's predicted all week !! :0

hope you all have a great week !
Old 06-03-2014, 08:31 AM   #1962
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sounds like my mornings! I gotta jump up & run soon too.
Hope you have a great day!
Old 06-03-2014, 11:37 PM   #1963
Blabbermouth!!!

DS1 came to ER - we kinda made him - can you say Whooping Cough AND Pneumonia ?

Yep, he's sick. And Wyatt has a cough. ER Dr. wants him seen by his pediatrician tomorrow to get on Antibiotic too.
Old 06-04-2014, 07:01 AM   #1964
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh no!Wow, hope the kids don't get so sick. God bless& heal
Old 06-04-2014, 08:45 AM   #1965
Big Yapper!

Holy smokes! A double whammy, no less. I hope Wyatt is spared (as well as little Shelby.) I hope he mends quickly and the symptoms subside rapidly.
Old 06-05-2014, 08:07 PM   #1966
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

How's it going? How's your sickies???
Old 06-05-2014, 11:44 PM   #1967
Blabbermouth!!!

DS is feeling a little better. Hasn't passed out anymore. They took Wyatt to Dr. this am and he is now on abx for it also - just in case.

I called and cancelled on the baby shower Sat - everything I read said 3rd trimester is the worst time someone could get it and they could pass it to their baby. Also that even though we've had the Tdap , we could still get a mild case .... Just not worth the chance. She might have friends there who are pregnant or with small babies.

So, I will keep my Sat off since it's already covered and I guess I'll work Sun ;/ I really was looking forward to the whole weekend off. No one has picked up the shift though

Really pondering and trying to come to grips with my eating. It's so frustrating !! I hate to admit it, I really do.... but when I am around heavier people I think "what's the big deal ? They seem happy and fine with not being "perfect" " Then when I am around someone smaller and wearing cute clothes I think " what the he** is wrong with me ? What am I thinking pigging out and not caring about my health ? "

Bipolar ?? lol ! I can go from one extreme to the other in a flash !!

Weight is up.... way up ! I need to make a decision and stick with it ! I hate being like this. A girl at work is going on a trip in a few months and is trying to do LC ( her way ) . Told her BF - it'll be easy , someone at work does it and is so dedicated she will help me . Yeah right.... as I sit here unable to wear almost all of my clothes !!

Boiling eggs and checking out the fridge for options to take to work tomorrow. I know deep down in my heart that LC is the way for me to be healthy and feel and look better. I just have to pray and stay the course for a week or so to get in the "zone". Then, it's just so easy ! I need to remember how easy it was and how satisfied I was !!!

ok, enough of this late night rambling. Night all and wish me luck !

Last edited by shelby'snana; 06-05-2014 at 11:45 PM..
Old 06-06-2014, 03:41 AM   #1968
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Garden
Stats: 176/144.8/Skinny (5'4")
WOE: LC/LC
Start Date: 12/12/11(restart)10/02/13
Laura - Sorry to see that there is sickness in your family. It sounds like a good choice for you to stay away from the social gatherings right now. I hope you do not suffer from the illness yourself!

Weight loss is something we all battle each day. You will come to terms with what you want and need to do. Just think about running after Wyatt! He will be walking and running around the yard before you know it! You need to be healthy for the grandkids and yourself. I look at myself and think: Not Bad for a soon to be 57 year old! I see many over weight people and think: Why? Because of constantly making the wrong choices with food. Don't get me wrong, I indulge in the wrong choices sometimes, but I try not to do it all the time. You will get back in the groove when you make up your mind to do it. You have to do it for yourself, but also for your growing family. LCF has been a wonderful tool for keeping me on track.
Old 06-06-2014, 07:48 AM   #1969
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks Susan . aka "skinny" So proud of you . I'm really gonna try to get back into the groove..... I can do it !!
Old 06-06-2014, 08:21 AM   #1970
Blabbermouth!!!

Well, couldn't sleep last night. Didn't fall asleep till after 4am and woke up probably 10-12 times - finally got up at 9.

Gonna be a long day !! But, I'm off tomorrow so it'll be oK

had coffee with CO

taking string cheese, artichokes with lemon/butter ( hope they reheat well ) , HB eggs, and greek yogurt to work. Will try to find something else too.... that won't be enough till midnight tonight ! Think I still have some grapes in fridge at work too.

DIL said son and grandson are still coughing but are better. Hope i get to check on them tomorrow .

Have a great day !
Old 06-06-2014, 08:28 AM   #1971
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Glad things are under control & hopefully healing up with DS & babies.

Staying the course is definitely easier than on & off of carbs... takes a few days to get your body to 'forget' 'em. Hope you find your sweet spot again soon.
Old 06-06-2014, 08:43 AM   #1972
Blabbermouth!!!

me too . Thanks Debby Off to work.....
Old 06-06-2014, 09:21 PM   #1973
Big Yapper!

Just catching up before I go to bed. Laura, I so feel you, girlfriend! I think we suffer from the same thing, whatever the hell that is. I think you nailed it on the head when you said that if you talk about how good you're doing on plan, soon after you struggle. I don't understand it but it happens to me too. I don't know if it's some kind of self destructive gene or that I feel prideful for saying how good I'm doing or what, but I might as well just order a pizza and a case of beer and settle in for the next relapse.

I'm very glad you won't be attending the shower. Better to be safe than sorry. And I'm glad that everyone is being treated medically and will soon rebound.

I'm really the LAST person who should be giving advice but it wasn't that long ago when you said you were "in the zone" and that it was effortless. You said you were loving the WOE and it was totally natural to you. I've been there and it's wonderful when everything is clicking along. Maybe when you have time, go back to those pages in your journal and reread what you wrote. Remember the things you were eating (I think Jalapeno Poppers was one of your favorites) and try to get a sense of where you were inside at the time. It will help you to regain your footing.

That's what's the best thing about journaling. You can go back and refresh your memory and step back in time. I don't know what it is that makes us want to undermine our success. If I did, I'd certainly share it with you so we could both benefit from the information. I agree that LC is the right way for me to eat and maintain my health and emotional wellbeing, but I find it so hard to be "separate" from others who are not making that commitment. And when I'm feeling separate, it feels like I'm all alone in it and that I'm missing out on all the "good stuff" that the others can enjoy. (By "the others," I mean the naturally thin people, the ones with no metabolic disorders or those who have just said "SCREW IT: I'm going to live my life as a fat person.")

I know I'm not happy as a fat person. I have 100 lbs to lose. I have regained it all. It is so hard to acknowledge that I came within less than 20 lbs of my goal only to lose focus and go back to my old habits of numbing myself with food and booze. But like Garden said, all it is is a series of making the wrong choices. You do it often enough, you are going down. You do it once in a blue moon for a special occasion, it's not a big deal.

I have a book called "The Principal of the Path." It's very basic stuff but sometimes going back to the basics is just what we need. Check it out if you are interested in reading something that might give you a little boost. Sometimes a little boost is all we really need.

We love you.

Last edited by CherylB; 06-06-2014 at 09:24 PM..
Old 06-06-2014, 11:55 PM   #1974
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks Cheryl, I will go back and read my journal for inspiration. It's pretty neat I can get inspiration from my OWN journal huh ???

I've never heard of that book , may check it out online .......

I'm glad I'm not going to Austin too..... I don't think they mind much anyway

Soooo glad I'm off tomorrow !!! Then just one more shift

tty tomorrow !!!
Old 06-07-2014, 12:14 AM   #1975
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh ! BTW , food was spot on today

Lots of water

coffee with CO
HB egg
string cheese
little bit of turkey lunch meat (deli)
grilled snapper/shrimp with grill veggies
peanuts

I'm pretty determined that I can get back in my "zone" where I'm happy and have lots of energy. And..... I actually have clothes that fit !! I need to get back in them !
Old 06-07-2014, 01:19 AM   #1976
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Partyof7
Stats: 55 pounds down, 95 more to lose.
WOE: JUDD induc.UD 4/10/14 LC'ish, Calorie awareness
Start Date: March 16th 2014
Hi Laura, sorry I've fallen behind in reading your journal. Bookmarking my spot
Partyof7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 07:10 AM   #1977
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Enjoy your time off! Glad you had a good day too
Old 06-07-2014, 09:35 AM   #1978
Blabbermouth!!!

morning !!

Beautiful sunny day here.

Hi Kati - you didn't miss much lol ! I ramble a lot when I'm tired and working
debby i will !!

Gonna go to grocery store and get lots of meat and cook some fresh okra out of garden.
I see jalapeno poppers in my future today :0
Old 06-08-2014, 08:40 AM   #1979
Blabbermouth!!!

morning !

Getting ready for work and was reading back on my journal..... was weighing around 137 and every few days I would have a little cheat.... bouncing scale ...... back on track...... cheat.....

It's amazing to read back....

Will read even more after today. I was doing SO GOOD and I messed it all up !!

hope you all have a Blessed Sunday ! ( DH said last night at work was the worst he's had since he came there ) So glad I was off !
Old 06-08-2014, 08:45 AM   #1980
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hope you have a great day at work. Glad you're getting yourself back on track.
Have a blessed Sunday!