Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-2014, 10:32 AM   #1862
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
Hi !!

Slept like a rock last night. We were so tired lol ! Kitchen was a DISASTER so had to clean that up after everyone left. It was a great day though

Today is Shelby's REAL birthday. Heather has her at McDonald's right now and I'm meeting them at bowling alley in a bit. Shelby has discovered she likes playing there lol
I am taking some stale bread - the park is close to there and we'll go feed the ducks I hope

Back on Premarin. The clonidine had stopped working and then we tried zoloft ( who knew ? ) for a few weeks, hot flashes were getting worse and worse. So..... I give up. I'll take the darn expensive stuff for a while longer. ;/

I have decided after much debate ( with myself ) that I'm not going to talk about my eating or WOE anymore. Sorry guys. I just keep bouncing around and going on and off plan and don't want to bring anyone else down or tempt people that what I'm doing is right or wrong. i'm doing fine and want to have peace with myself.
I love you guys and if you don't mind I will just keep rambling and visiting with you all anyway !

ttyl !

ATTITUDE is the difference between an ordeal and an ADVENTURE !!

'If you're tired of starting over, then QUIT stopping !"
shelby'snana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 11:08 AM   #1863
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
I love feeding ducks and always have loved it. In fact, it's been way too long since I fed a duck. Thanks for the idea!

Sounds like you've got a wonderful day planned. I saw the video Shelby's other G-ma made her on FB. So adorable! to you, Shelby. I hope you eventually find a solution to the hot flash issues that won't require Premarin. Read up online about Premarin horses and their babies. It will change your mind in a New York minute. I was told that Black Cohosh helps with hot flashes but have never tried it.

I couldn't agree with you more about not talking about dieting anymore. I just wrote the same exact thing on MY journal. It's so counterproductive, isn't it? And the more times I know I've been seen falling off the plan, the less I believe I can stay on plan at all. I do things much better when I keep the details to myself. It appeals to my sneaky side, I guess.

So, come here and just talk about other things. Don't disappear, okay?
CherylB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 01:31 PM   #1864
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby'snana View Post
I have decided after much debate ( with myself ) that I'm not going to talk about my eating or WOE anymore. Sorry guys. I just keep bouncing around and going on and off plan and don't want to bring anyone else down or tempt people that what I'm doing is right or wrong. i'm doing fine and want to have peace with myself.
I love you guys and if you don't mind I will just keep rambling and visiting with you all anyway !
ttyl !
Sorry to hear that Laura, I have always found your journey to be realistic & encouraging. Its good to realize that we're all a work in progress & there's no magic WOE... at least there hasn't been for me... always gotta work at it & keep changing it up.
I enjoy your rambling too though.
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 08:22 AM   #1865
Blabbermouth!!!

morning

Cheryl that's what I was trying to do , get off premarin. But, nothing else is working. !!
Still having hot flashes after 5-6 days on it, miserable yesterday at work. Nothing like being all sweaty and red faced at work in front of everyone I tried black cohosh and several others yrs ago and they didn't do anything for me. Ugh.

Sorry Debby I just think it's best for me right now.
Cheryl I saw that on your journal about your WOE ~ just was too tired to respond.

Couldn't sleep last night. Didn't go to sleep till 4:30 am ! Going to be a long day.......

Dogs are doing good . I love having the fence so Cowboy can run loose !

having extra coffee this am to make up for lost sleep. Hope you all have a great day !
Old 04-23-2014, 10:48 AM   #1866
Big Yapper!

I'm so glad the fence is working out so well. Was it difficult to install? I love having one here where I rent. What a sense of freedom to just open the door and know my dog is safe to go out and be independent.

I'm really sorry your hot flashes are so strong. I can understand your frustration. It really is embarrassing when you are at work and can't control things and have to walk up to people and made your introduction. "Hi. My name is Laura and I'll be your nurse tonight." "Aren't you glad I'm your nurse? Please excuse me while I go stand in front of this fan for a few minutes. Be right back. I'm okay! Really."

I'm sorry you a rotten nights sleep. I finally had a great sleep cause my Restoril came in the mail yesterday. I was afraid to check the mail because I didn't want to see an empty box yet again. I went out right before bedtime and there it was.

I think the sleep disturbances are tightly wound up with the menopausal stuff. Is it peri-menapause at this point? I would die if I didn't have a fan in my bedroom. I used to have a remote-controlled tower fan that oscillated. OMG! I miss that thing.
Old 04-23-2014, 06:17 PM   #1867
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That's great the the fence is working out!! Good thing hubby's listen hey?
Sorry you're having hot flashes... do you have anyone there that you can see for homeopathy? That's what got me through it symptom free.
Old 04-24-2014, 08:03 AM   #1868
Blabbermouth!!!

lol ! I had a pt's caregiver tell me " go cool off honey, we're ok " I said 'sorry you got stuck with a menopausal nurse ! ' they laughed ( women ) my face was beet red and I was breaking out in a huge sweat ~ very appealing ~ NOT !

Fence is amazing So happy that it's working out well

Day 3 ~ we've been busy and not sleeping well isn't helping

Hot and humid here ! Can''t believe I saw you had snow Debby ! I want to come lay in it !!!!!!
Old 04-24-2014, 08:19 AM   #1869
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby'snana View Post
Hot and humid here ! Can''t believe I saw you had snow Debby ! I want to come lay in it !!!!!!
That's funny Laura!
Old 04-24-2014, 09:28 AM   #1870
Big Yapper!

Laura, you'd melt all that snow in no time at all! That's funny about what the pt's caregiver said. Do you have a fan you can park yourself in front of when you need to? Buy one of those little desktop ones and it will keep you going. You can sit beside it while you chart. Do you do paper charting still or is in on computer? Everything's gone computer. I sort of hate that. Then again, if it's a good program, it can be nice.

Do you guys have a swimming pool? Maybe you should get one of those "blow up" ones. It would make the long Texas summers so much more enjoyable. Then you can get the little hard plastic kiddy pool for the pups.
Old 04-25-2014, 08:32 AM   #1871
Blabbermouth!!!

Getting ready.. quick drive by !

Computer charting. Fan ?? In the ER we never get to sit and 'just chart' it's up and down - fan wouldn't help me. I have threatened to put an ice pack in my bra more times than I can count though !! lol And I would.....

No pool. Just a bigger plastic one for Shelby ( has a little bitty slide ) and a smaller one for dogs.

Flashes seemed better yesterday. Maybe I'm leveling out on Premarin now .. who knows

TaTa ladies !!
Old 04-25-2014, 10:06 AM   #1872
Big Yapper!

Yeah, I guess there isn't much sitting down in the ER. Silly me! Ice packs in your bra is an interesting idea. Or how about around your neck? I'm glad you're beginning to feel more level on the meds.

Have a great rest of your day.
Old 04-25-2014, 11:43 PM   #1873
Blabbermouth!!!

Pretty good day ..... only 2 more to go !!!
Old 04-26-2014, 08:15 AM   #1874
Blabbermouth!!!

Yesterday the Dr that came on at 7pm was cold . We have a little portable "air conditioner" in the ER cause the central system can't keep up when the ambulance doors are continually opening and closing. The humidity is terrible here....
Anyway we turned the little one on and he said " ooh turn that off ! I'm cold " as we all stood around sweating..... Grrr... I was burning up and had several difficult pt's and was running around.
When will I get to be the one that says "it's cold" ??? I'm waiting .......................
Old 04-26-2014, 11:23 AM   #1875
Big Yapper!

Oh, man! Throw that man a lab coat! Seriously, Laura. Get him a nice heated blanket from the warmer (most hospitals have one) and wrap that puppy around his shoulders, then crank that a/c up full blast.

Humidity sucks.
Old 04-28-2014, 09:13 AM   #1876
Blabbermouth!!!

horrible horrible shift yesterday !

And hot flashes out the wazooooooooo :/ !

DH's stepmom came while I was at work ( a day early ) -- house not clean, sheets not ready, no food in house ! lol ! I slept in today - stayed an hour over last night at work - and she's gone out visiting old friends probably ~~~ poor thing.! We'll take her out to eat tonight and she will get to see boys and grandkiddos
Old 04-28-2014, 10:16 AM   #1877
Big Yapper!

Oh no! I'm so sorry, Laura. Is your work week done now? I hope so. Enjoy DH's stepmom and the kids.
Old 04-28-2014, 08:17 PM   #1878
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hope things turn around for you. Are there any homeopathic consultants in your area? Those hot flashes sound debilitating!
Old 04-30-2014, 07:50 AM   #1879
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh boy....... so tired...... everyone is gone now. Yay !! ( But DH is grumpy ) Ugh. Shelby was a handful with Betty here. Between them both and all the kids here for supper last night they wore me out !

Weather is beautiful cool breeze and 70's today. Was up to mid 80's last few days and now a little "cool" front blew in and it's great .

Need to renew my nursing license and driver's license this week.

being lazy right now
Old 04-30-2014, 09:02 AM   #1880
Blabbermouth!!!

Ok found out why DH was mad. He wanted to plan a get together or something as a surprise for my BD and said all the kids knew it. DIL called last night after they left and asked me if we had any plans for next days off. She wanted me to keep kiddos while she goes to dentist etc.. I said no.

He thought she should have asked him not me because then he told me about the possible surprise ( which I don't want anyway..... ) We usually just go out to eat !! He didn't let me do anything for his 50th so I don't want to make a big deal out of mine :0
Old 04-30-2014, 10:05 AM   #1881
Big Yapper!

PLUS you just had all that activity. A simple meal out sounds better to me, too. Sorry he got upset when his plans for you were foiled, but it worked out better for you this way.

Enjoy the cool days while they last.
Old 05-01-2014, 07:48 AM   #1882
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning !
Slept in this am, took benadryl at midnight ~~ wow ! after not taking it for so long it worked great ~ helped my allergies and I slept so good.

Headed to Houston with DIL and kiddos today ! I am loving having them so close ! DH has elected to stay home . Wonder what about 2 kids in carseats made him want to stay home ? lol !!

DIl wants to check out Costco and I am picking up my niece and nephew's BD presents, so we will stop by my brother's house and visit on way home. They have not even come to see Wyatt.....;/ He was 6 weeks old Tues and they are only an hour away. ( around here that is nothing ! ) The kids are excited to see him.

Hoping to have a great relaxing day. I used to go shopping all the time but money is tighter now (???) and I don't go anymore just for enjoyment.

Better finish this coffee and go get ready. Hope you all have a great day !
Old 05-01-2014, 08:17 AM   #1883
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Have fun!
Old 05-01-2014, 09:48 AM   #1884
Big Yapper!

Hope you have a great time. Weird that your brother hasn't been over to meet Wyatt yet. Some people just aren't into newborn babies. They like them better when a little older and more alert. But still, that's odd.

Sorry money is tight right now. Enjoy your shopping trip with your family and avoid impulse buying (I'm really bad about that.) Glad you slept great with the Benadryl!
Old 05-02-2014, 09:15 AM   #1885
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm seriously ticked !

my cousin ( my uncle had his kids about the same time as my kids ) - she is 29 - is having her 1st baby. The baby shower is in June. I took off work and have already ordered her gift. ~~~ Just got the invitation and she invited her Aunt on her Mom's side and my brother's wife to be hostesses. I was never asked and am just another guest on the list I guess. Sometimes I wonder what I have done to people. I saw them recently and they didn't mention that any family were helping put it on...... I just saw my SIL yesterday and she never mentioned it either.

This cousin and her sister are coming to Houston tomorrow to hang out and spend the night with my brother and his family . We are an hour away and were not invited.

I give up. ;/
Old 05-02-2014, 09:37 AM   #1886
Big Yapper!

I'm so sorry. That must really hurt. I think it's best to talk about things like that with the person who has offended you, to find out what made them do what they did. Probably it was just an oversight and they had no thought that it might hurt you. Don't let it fester inside. Just find a way to bring it up in a manner that won't be accusatory or whatever. Let her know that you want to be included and are eager to be a part of it all.
Old 05-02-2014, 10:22 AM   #1887
Blabbermouth!!!

nope no oversight.

Since my Grandmother, Mom and Dad passed this is my whole family

Me and my family (DH and 2 kids)
Brother ( his wife and 2 kids )
Uncle ( his wife and 2 kids )
Cousin ( her husband and 2 kids )

How could it be a mistake ??

I'm the black sheep with my own family. Have been for a long time, just not made so obvious I guess until now. I'll live..
Old 05-02-2014, 10:32 AM   #1888
Big Yapper!

"Black Sheep"? Can I ask why? That sucks, Laura. I feel for you.
Old 05-02-2014, 10:56 AM   #1889
Blabbermouth!!!

I wish I knew. I think because we don't "party" and stuff . ?? That's all I can figure. They all have always gotten together several times a year and we are only included occasionally.

Weird but true. And my brother always makes sure I know when they get together, like he is rubbing it in. I am DONE.
Old 05-02-2014, 07:41 PM   #1890
Big Yapper!

So you're more "Christian" than they are? Would that sum it up?