Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2014, 06:59 PM   #1831
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Oh, man. I hate when that happens! Makes you want to chug a gallon of water to fill up the void and stop the hunger. But when you have food right there calling your name and no hope of finding something "legal," it happens. We've all been there. Just take it as a learning experience and pack snacks like nuts and cheese or deviled eggs in a small cooler when you go places. You already know this.

When it's pizza, that's an easy one to alter cause you can just scalp the toppings and eat those. But Chinese? Fugetaboutit. Best you can do then is crispy duck. Seems everything Chinese (made for us Americans) has a sweet flavor even when it isn't supposed to. Death by sugar.

Relax and enjoy your evening. Hope you don't wake with one of those bad headaches.
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2014, 07:06 PM   #1832
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
Yeah Cheryl, they didn't have any water or cups. Everything in boxes. Guys were drinking beer of course.
If we had been going home soon I would have waited. But, I didn't.

yep, I know to take snacks. Just didn't realize we would be there that long. Ugh.
shelby'snana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 10:06 AM   #1833
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning all.

Woke up with headache in middle of night ( wonder why ? )

Back is OUT.... I didn't help too much with unpacking, mostly watched Shelby and Wyatt but I must have done something..... will head to chiro later today.

Hoping for a slow relaxed day. Going to pick up more almond milk and greek yogurt while in town.
Cooking will be something simple and quick . Hoping to train dogs some more later. Poor Cowboy has been shocked 2-3 times --- Allie hasn't . I think she's pretty darn smart !

have a great day !
Old 04-17-2014, 10:19 AM   #1834
Big Yapper!

Oh no. I thought you had it off shock right now? Poor Cowboy! Does he completely leave the ground and spin in the air? That's what most dogs do when they get the shock. I hope at least you have it on the lowest setting right now. When they get used to it, they will love being free to run and play within the boundaries.

I called it! (The headache, that is) But I wished that you wouldn't wake up with one. Talk about an incentive to eat right. Now that you say there was beer, I'd have just had beer. That's filling, plus it's fun. And no MSG!

Sorry about your back. That's great that your Chiro always takes you right in when you feel bad. I hope you have a great day, once your headache and back are all fixed up. Happy shopping.
Old 04-17-2014, 11:35 AM   #1835
Blabbermouth!!!

Headache went away. I got up and took Imitrex and went back to bed around 4 maybe and it was gone when I got up.

We only have these days off to totally train the dogs ( the plan says to do it over 2-3 weeks.) We don't have it turned up high and the dogs are doing great They both took off at a trot toward the fence line and they both stopped ABOUT 10 FT AWAY !! So smart !!

Off to chiro in about an hour. She will fix me up $$$ of course. Worth it

Just picking up a few things. Nothing major.

Hope you have a great day Cheryl !

ATTITUDE is the difference between an ordeal and an ADVENTURE !!

'If you're tired of starting over, then QUIT stopping !"
Old 04-17-2014, 12:21 PM   #1836
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Glad the dogs are catching on. Cowboy probably needed those shocks (since he's used to freedom)... when its something really compelling, he will probably run right through it... my SIL's dogs did that when elk were there to chase.
Glad your headache is gone. Hope the bone-cracker helps too.
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 02:43 PM   #1837
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi Debby yes cowboy has run through twice but comes right back. He understands. Today they are both doing wonderfully !

Just got home. Back is better ! I just took some Aleve and have a cold pack to my back. Feels great

Got Shelby a few little Easter things and a little basket
Old 04-17-2014, 05:08 PM   #1838
Big Yapper!

That's great that the dogs are training so easily. It's weird but when they do run through it and get zapped, they instinctually head back into the zone that they know is safe. I guess they think if they keep going, they will keep getting zapped. They won't but we won't tell them!

OMG, I'm so tired. Been raking and cleaning this yard of my landlady's for that $150 she offered to pay me. It's no easy money. I'm regretting this and I'll not be doing it twice. There is a certain type of tree here and there are two of them (that I can tell) that put out these long, thin leaves and when they dry up and fall off the tree, they are just like a palm leaf you'd expect to find in Florida or someplace other than CT. They stick into the grass, they slip through the tines of the rake, etc. It's a NIGHTMARE!

I'm only 1/3 done and I already told her, "never again."
Old 04-17-2014, 05:50 PM   #1839
Blabbermouth!!!

I just saw that on FB .... I'm so sorry No wonder she is paying so good !!

Get some rest and try to take it in steps.... Don't overdo it !
Old 04-17-2014, 05:51 PM   #1840
Blabbermouth!!!

Dang dogs ran through the flags a few minutes ago and across the road. Didn't seem to faze them at all..... guess we'll have to turn it up !
Old 04-17-2014, 06:31 PM   #1841
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ah, sorry the dogs busted loose. Good that you were there to see it happen.

Poor Cheryl
Old 04-17-2014, 07:02 PM   #1842
Big Yapper!

OMG! Thank God they didn't get run over. Turn that sucker up. Maybe they need more on-leash training with those flags. It seems awfully fast for them to be trained. Those underground fences are usually tough to train a dog to respect. I thought it was too easy.

Yeah, the raking is taking forever. I even busted out an old very wimpy electric leaf blower that I brought with me from the house I foreclosed on. I hate that blower but it seemed like it would work better than raking. I did a pretty good chunk of the side yard with it, but had to go back and forth, back and forth, and using my feet or hands to get some of the pointed blades of the leaves out of the grass. What a nightmare.
Old 04-17-2014, 07:08 PM   #1843
Blabbermouth!!!

Well actually we had worked with them a few days before our last work week. They DO KNOW. Allie actually stops 99 % of the time far away from flags.

We still have 4 days so we'll get it done !

Yay ! Glad you had a blower to help with some of it !
Old 04-17-2014, 07:15 PM   #1844
Big Yapper!

I wonder what tempted them to go past the fence line. That's scary. Yeah, the blower gave me a little boost when I was feeling very low. I'll just get through it the best I can, as fast as I can and then just put it away in my memory banks, never to be forgotten so as to be repeated mistakenly somewhere down the line. Honestly, I don't understand why she didn't just mulch it all when she mowed. It's not like a regular yard full of regular leaves. If it were me, I'd have just mowed them all and used the catch bag. Waste of her money and my time.
Old 04-18-2014, 09:12 AM   #1845
Blabbermouth!!!

Yeah right ?? She should have mowed over that area !!! Grr.....

Nice sunny day today.

HAVE to color my hair. It's down right pitiful. I haven't been to salon for several months and just using the " 10 minute touch up " stuff. It works ok and adds a little shine back to entire head. I am debating on getting color,cut, and highlights again for my birthday ! It's so expensive and a pain to go every 5-6 wks... but I love the way it looks ( avi pic )

Dogs are outside with collars on .... gonna watch and see what they do !

Going to Live play at a church about 45 minutes away tonight with DS2 and fiance. We are going out to eat at Tx Roadhouse ( my fav place ) so I will be having a big ribeye, green beans, and caesar salad. Yummmmm...... Can't wait . Should be a lovely evening

What are you all up to today ?
Old 04-18-2014, 10:44 AM   #1846
Big Yapper!

Getting your hair done up nice for your birthday sounds like a perfect idea. When is it? How old this year, if you don't mind me asking? Your evening sounds like a lot of fun. Enjoy yourself!

I'm going to drag myself out the door and take another crack at raking this yard cause I'm working the next three days and I'm pretty sure I won't want to rake at home and then go do all that physical labor up there, too. Today is pretty much all I have left to complete the job cause the grass is growing and she's going to want to mow.

So, on that note, adios amigo for now.
Old 04-18-2014, 11:09 AM   #1847
Blabbermouth!!!

Good luck Cheryl ! Wish I could help you !

Yes I would love to get hair done, just once it's done there's all the upkeep to keep it looking nice. My super dark brown roots with gray don't look so good lol !

I'll be 50 in exactly one month from yesterday ! Doesn't bother me, except that in Nov my DS1 will be 30 !! I can't believe it :0

Confession :
This morning when I was standing nekked on the scale I looked up and DH was smiling at me . :0 He said " well ? " I said " well what?" as I slid the scale back under cabinet.

Oh boy. I had to admit it said 146 !!! I am officially 13 lbs over my lowest weight since I started LC. Remember I was bouncing around 5-7 lbs ... well this last few weeks when I ate whatever I really went up. Down 4-5 lbs already. Glad he didn't ask last week !!!

Determined to at least get below 140 ( the weight I said I never wanted to see again ) before my BD !!
Old 04-18-2014, 03:07 PM   #1848
Big Yapper!

I feel your pain. Sounds like you have a great relationship with your hubby. Does he have to fight with his weight too? Always nice to have someone who understands how hard it really is, especially as we get older.

I'm just two years older than you, then. Not even 2 years. So you're May 17? What a great time of year to have a birthday! Mine's in the dead of summer. (Aug 1.)

I don't understand what's wrong with me. I was doing fine, then last night, went and bought fast food and pigged out. Bought a box of wine, which I'm now drinking. Now I want a pizza. I swear it's because of the booze. I was drinking some light beer yesterday. I just don't think I can drink. It makes me feel good and then it enhances my appetite and my will to stay on-plan goes to hell in a hand basket. It happens over and over again. I simply can't drink unless it's a special occasion. I don't want to accept this, but it's the truth.

I'm sorry. I seem to be using your journal as my own lately. I'll have to copy/paste to put all this on mine.
Old 04-18-2014, 08:03 PM   #1849
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sorry about the scale thing. Good that you can communicate about that with dh.
What do you use on your hair that is 10 minutes? Is it a touch-up? I always do my own... so expensive & time-consuming going in... would probably look better though.
Hope the dogs pass their test.
The play sounds like a great way to celebrate Easter.
Old 04-18-2014, 09:01 PM   #1850
Blabbermouth!!!

The play was amazing !! Such a Blessing.. so happy that we went

DH is great I just love him so much. He was just teasing me . He's 6'4" and about 220. Not really overweight, just a belly lol !

The hair dye is just store bought and for roots only..... takes 10-15 minutes and then you run it through hair in the shower and it kind of adds some shine. Works oK, not as good as salon of course. Much cheaper though !!
Old 04-19-2014, 04:59 AM   #1851
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Garden
Stats: 176/144.8/Skinny (5'4")
WOE: LC/LC
Start Date: 12/12/11(restart)10/02/13
Have a fantastic Easter with your growing family Laura! You are blessed and doing well!
Garden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 03:14 PM   #1852
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks Susan ! Yes I am truly Blessed

Having a wonderful day..... sunny 80 outside. DS2 and DH and I are hanging out outside playing with dogs, DH working in garden. DS2 and I just ran to town and bought briskets and ribs for big BBQ tomorrow ! Yum.....

Used my "furminator" brush on Cowboy !! oh my gosh ! Looked like I was shearing a sheep lol ! Fur all over the backyard. Had to rake it up Unbelievable how much fur that poor dog has.
DH put out the "dog pool" and Allie had a blast. Snickers is here and liked it too. DH had to put cowboy in.... he wasn't too sure about it. lol !

Hope you all are enjoying your Easter weekend !
Old 04-19-2014, 06:12 PM   #1853
Big Yapper!

Texas BBQ for Easter. What could be better? Yummy. Cowboy's shedding that much? We need another picture! That's awesome they have their own little pool. I'll bet Cowboy "warms up to it" after a while. Water is what makes Texas summers livable.

Enjoy your Easter with your family.
Old 04-19-2014, 07:12 PM   #1854
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Happy Easter!
Doggie pool & that good grooming sounds great for your dogs.
Old 04-19-2014, 09:06 PM   #1855
Blabbermouth!!!

The pool is just a plastic kiddie pool from Walmart but it cools them down

Happy Easter to you both !
Old 04-19-2014, 09:18 PM   #1856
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Laura,
My DH wants one of those kind of kiddie pools...
Old 04-20-2014, 12:15 AM   #1857
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Partyof7
Stats: 44 down, 104 to lose.
WOE: JUDD induc.UD 4/10/14 Goal: Under 50g carbs day
Start Date: March 16th 2014
Hi Laura!
I enjoyed peering in to your journal Birthdays and hair touch ups (go to the salon! This is my first treat when I hit 290!) shock collars and doggiedoos. Your journal has it all. LOL

Just wanted to subscribe so I can be your newest cheerleader.
Partyof7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 06:04 AM   #1858
Blabbermouth!!!

Awwww. Thanks for stopping in. Yep, I ramble on and on about anything and everything ! lol !!!

hope you all have a wonderful Easter Sunday !
Old 04-20-2014, 07:19 PM   #1859
Blabbermouth!!!

Was a wonderful service and a beautiful day with family ! I'm so tired but it was fun !
Old 04-20-2014, 07:50 PM   #1860
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good for you! Hope you get a good rest.