Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2013, 11:51 AM   #151
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
OK, I'm off now .....saw DS2 for a bit this morning .......sunny here and will get out and walk later Need some exercise to de-stress !!!

Will be back on plan starting today...... have time to cook and that relaxes me. I'm silly
shelby'snana is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-2013, 12:09 PM   #152
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Lidia
Hi Shelby! I'm new here and have been reading a couple of journals on this site. My highest weight was 176lbs last December and as of last friday I was at 166. My goal is 140 maybe even 135. But I'm taking baby steps. Right now, I'm just trying to get into the 50s. I just wanted to say you look great and will be checking your journal for motivation. My next weigh in will be next friday (FEb.22). Hopefully I've lost a little more, by then, although yesterday I cheated with some "MonCherie" chocolates that were given to me for Valentines by my sister. I should have thrown them out but my hubby loves them, so I put them in the fridge, thinking I would be strong enough to deal with the temptation. But I'm back on the wagon today and reading your journal has served as fuel to keep going!
Lidia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:06 PM   #153
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks Lidia ! Glad you checked in and good luck on your Feb 22nd weigh in ! I'm back LC as of today...tummy issues all week eating junk, stress at work......totally not worth it ! I knew that ......

What WOE are you following ?
Old 02-19-2013, 12:40 AM   #154
Blabbermouth!!!

Awake ! Went to sleep before 7 pm after I took a muscle relaxer - neck has been in a "crick" for 4 days - thinking I need to pop it, but can't get it to. Used dumbbells and stretching, but still was super tight.

Walked Allie a mile, wasn't sunny any more, but felt good to get outside and we played ball for a bit
Did dumbbells and mock push ups against wall to try and help my neck too...
Some leg exercises too.

Food for today
Coffee when I woke up at noon
Walmart salad - grilled chicken, tomato, jalapenos, cheese and spicy chipolte ranch dressing. Pretty good
8 grapes
LC meatloaf and sauerkraut

Now awake having us tea and pork rinds with sour cream

Getting hair done today and dropping off signed taxes ( ugh....we have to pay a bunch )
Going to make DH stew with leftover roast that was in freezer. He loves stew ;0

ATTITUDE is the difference between an ordeal and an ADVENTURE !!
Old 02-19-2013, 03:30 PM   #155
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby'snana View Post
Awake ! Went to sleep before 7 pm after I took a muscle relaxer - neck has been in a "crick" for 4 days - thinking I need to pop it, but can't get it to. Used dumbbells and stretching, but still was super tight.

Walked Allie a mile, wasn't sunny any more, but felt good to get outside and we played ball for a bit
Did dumbbells and mock push ups against wall to try and help my neck too...
Some leg exercises too.

Food for today
Coffee when I woke up at noon
Walmart salad - grilled chicken, tomato, jalapenos, cheese and spicy chipolte ranch dressing. Pretty good
8 grapes
LC meatloaf and sauerkraut

Now awake having us tea and pork rinds with sour cream

Getting hair done today and dropping off signed taxes ( ugh....we have to pay a bunch )
Going to make DH stew with leftover roast that was in freezer. He loves stew ;0
Sounds great Laura!
I had that same thing last week in my neck. You know what worked for me? Remember Jane Fonda's work-outs? (search for:
my yoga online poses inversions plow-pose-halasana) there's some diagrams... of what I'm talking about. (hope this makes sense).
At then end of one of them a yoga position she had us do... lay on back throw feet up & over top of head... then, holding legs slowly roll down the spine. Fixed my neck in a couple of roll-downs. Only do when you're feeling limbered up (wouldn't want to try this 1st thing out of bed), and also on a carpet. It just clicks everything back in line. Hope it helps you too. The muscle relaxant will help too!
Enjoy your time off! Looks like you've got a running start!
Old 02-19-2013, 04:43 PM   #156
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks Debby I will check that out. Neck actually feels so so much better today ! I think the combination of the "crick" and stress had it so tight...... but with all the exercises last night and sleeping with the muscle relaxer on board ( which I can't do well when I'm working cause I stay sleepy ) seemed to work.

I still will try that pose though, sounds like a good stretch !

Slept in...went to bank, dropped off taxes, got hair done and came home and sat outside with DH and played with Allie. We walked about 1/2 a mile or so before dark.

I cooked shrimp, collard greens with bacon and onions - my 1st time to try these ! Very good ! and some yellow squash/zuccini together with butter
Didn't eat breakfast or lunch today. Had 1 slim jim and some grapes and an atkins bar - just snacks but wasn't very hungry so it was ok
Old 02-19-2013, 04:44 PM   #157
Blabbermouth!!!

Here's supper !
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0613.jpg (32.6 KB, 5 views)
Old 02-19-2013, 04:46 PM   #158
Blabbermouth!!!

thanks Debby just saw where you posted it on FB !! So sweet
Old 02-19-2013, 05:29 PM   #159
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
thanks Debby just saw where you posted it on FB !! So sweet

Quote:
Here's supper !
DebbyL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:19 PM   #160
Blabbermouth!!!

had a few grapes for a snack and gonna eat some celery with pimento cheese in a minute so I won't wake up hungry.

DH did all the dishes for me He mowed the yard today too... Sweet man

I need to clean the house tomorrow . they say it will probably rain next two days. might get lots of cooking done too ! Never got DH's stew made, need to do that too.

Have a good sleep everyone !
Old 02-19-2013, 09:42 PM   #161
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Cute picture! what a little beauty.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:16 AM   #162
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
Cute picture! what a little beauty.
thanks

Drinking coffee....being lazy. DH is hungry , wants me to make his stew !! Will do in a sec...

Hazy here today , supposed to rain later and maybe all day tomorrow ;/

TTYL !
Old 02-20-2013, 11:35 AM   #163
Blabbermouth!!!

Cleaning house. Made DH's stew. He loved it ( I don't )

Going to make Paula Deen's sour cream pork chop recipe for supper tonight ! It looks easy and delicious.... I love pork chops And it's Low Carb woo hoo !
Old 02-20-2013, 07:35 PM   #164
Blabbermouth!!!

got everything done today in the house that I planned to. We have a class at work in the morning, so I will plan to mop good tomorrow evening.

Made Dh's stew, made a LC cheesecake for this weekend, made LC meatballs, and made LC sour cream pork chops ! Oh. And I made some jalapeno poppers :0

The pork chops were a little tough, should have let them simmer longer, but they were still good .

Walked Allie and boy was it windy !
Had a craving for ice cream, but made the pork chops and had 2 with green beans instead. woo hoo !!

Hope you all have a great night ! Gonna watch Criminal Minds or Law and Order :SVU with DH. They both taped earlier.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:06 PM   #165
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sounds like you're using your time well, cooking away I LOVE pork chops!

We had BBQ Sirloin Steaks so yummy!

Hope you're getting the rest you need.
Old 02-21-2013, 05:08 AM   #166
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning everyone ! Didn't sleep too well, and DH wanted to go to early class !! Yuck ;/
They were having it at 8:30, 11:30 and 6pm -- guess which one I wanted ?? Yep, 6pm..... I do better in the evenings than rushing in the morning. Oh well,.....had my shower and drinking my coffee, gotta straighten this wild hair next...

Supposed to be wild weather here today, not sure if we'll go out to eat lunch after class or not ??

Hope you all have a wonderful day
Old 02-21-2013, 05:10 AM   #167
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
Sounds like you're using your time well, cooking away I LOVE pork chops!

We had BBQ Sirloin Steaks so yummy!

Hope you're getting the rest you need.
Sounds good ! How do you make BBq sirloins ? On the grill I guess ?
Yes, had a good day yesterday ... cooking is so relaxing to me...can't wait to taste my LC cheesecake, I hope it turns out good, I'll take a few slices with us in case someone else doesn't want the "real" one.
Old 02-21-2013, 05:36 PM   #168
Blabbermouth!!!

Went to class this morning and then went to another little town to try out a place we have heard rave reviews about...... their boiling pots.

Well, I didn't want the boiling pot, so I ordered grilled shrimp and double salad. Mine was GROSS.....little baby shrimp ( expected big beautiful shrimp ) and they weren't done all the way....;(
Dh got the shrimp boiling pot with potatoes, sausage, shrimp, and corn on the cob. His was good...I had one of his shrimp. didn't tell him mine wasn't good since we had driven 30 more miles to get to the place !

That was lunch. No breakfast. Supper was leftover pork chops and I fried cabbage with bacon and onions.

Just tried a piece of my LC cheesecake and it's good,...... not as good as the dessert I'm making to take to get together, but it's what I will eat.

Getting Shelby in the morning ..making list so we don't forget stuff. Gonna make jalapeno poppers, sopapilla cheesecake, dip, salsa, etc..tomorrow to take with us.

Hope you have all had a good day !
Old 02-21-2013, 07:13 PM   #169
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Sounds good ! How do you make BBq sirloins ? On the grill I guess ?
Yes, had a good day yesterday ... cooking is so relaxing to me...can't wait to taste my LC cheesecake, I hope it turns out good, I'll take a few slices with us in case someone else doesn't want the "real" one.
That's good, I used mine up (cooking at a sports-fishing camp too many summers). Plus its too much work to cook nice things when I can't eat it & dh has trouble eating it by himself. I do cook nicer for company though.
The sirloin I just sprinkle with garlic powder (for me), for dh I marinate it in sundried tomatoe salad dressing, then bbq. I use the bbq all year round, for all kinds of things. Fast & easy
Quote:
Went to class this morning and then went to another little town to try out a place we have heard rave reviews about...... their boiling pots.

Well, I didn't want the boiling pot, so I ordered grilled shrimp and double salad. Mine was GROSS.....little baby shrimp ( expected big beautiful shrimp ) and they weren't done all the way....;(
Dh got the shrimp boiling pot with potatoes, sausage, shrimp, and corn on the cob. His was good...I had one of his shrimp. didn't tell him mine wasn't good since we had driven 30 more miles to get to the place !
That was lunch. No breakfast. Supper was leftover pork chops and I fried cabbage with bacon and onions.
Just tried a piece of my LC cheesecake and it's good,...... not as good as the dessert I'm making to take to get together, but it's what I will eat.
Getting Shelby in the morning ..making list so we don't forget stuff. Gonna make jalapeno poppers, sopapilla cheesecake, dip, salsa, etc..tomorrow to take with us.
Hope you have all had a good day !
Bummer about your lunch not being good. It does seem that you can do so much better cooking for yourself these days... although I like somebody else doing the work & clean-up.
Are you feeling better now that you're back on LC?
Old 02-21-2013, 07:45 PM   #170
Blabbermouth!!!

It's ok..... we had been wanting to try that place for a long time. I learned always order what they are known to be GOOD at, not just anything off the menu !

I feel better, I just was off for about 4 days and then right back on. Stress sends me over the edge, I have always eaten when upset. ;/

Your steak sounds good I think my shrimp today had quite a bit of salt .. we'll see tomorrow .

Have a good night
Old 02-22-2013, 12:50 PM   #171
Blabbermouth!!!

Have our sweet Shelby ! Ran errands and had Allie bathed and pampered at Petsmart Home now and the house looks like a tornado already !! haha ! She loves scattering her toys all over the living room
Old 02-22-2013, 07:28 PM   #172
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yay! You got to have Shelby. Bet you're having a great time!
Old 02-23-2013, 06:32 AM   #173
Junior LCF Member

Hi! Well, my weigh in was yesterday (Feb.22) and although I've been following my diet exactly by the book (BTW, I'm following Atkins and I'm on induction still), I didn't lose one single lb!! (166) But on the bright side, I've been using Ketone Test Strips and it proves I'm in ketosis, which means I'm burning fat for my primary source of energy but I guess you being a nurse already know that, he-he. These strips give me a lot of motivation. On other occasions, if I wouldn't lose anything, in spite of following the diet, I would really get down on myself, wondering what I was doing wrong. Now, I know I'm still on track and all this is just part of the process. My next weigh in will be on March 1st, so hopefully the scale will go down, if only a little. Oh! I forgot to tell you! This morning I was able to fit into some jeans that were too tight to wear comfortably a couple of weeks ago. I am feeling great today! I'll check with you next weekend! Oh! and can I get your recipe for LC cheese cake?
P.S.Have a great time with Shelby!
Old 02-25-2013, 07:03 AM   #174
Blabbermouth!!!

Glad you are doing well Lidia and wtg on the jeans !!

I will go to the cheesecake thread and post it....that's where I got it !
Old 02-25-2013, 07:05 AM   #175
Blabbermouth!!!

Great Cheesecake Recipe..
I finally found my favorite cheesecake recipe from the olden days and tweaked it to make it LC friendly.

You could make it crustless, or with a flaxseed meal/almond meal/cinnamon/sweetener/melted butter crust. Or a nut crust..

I baked my crust for about 10 minutes at 325..Then here is the recipe
for the filling:

Preheat oven to 375...

For a 9 inch springform pan:

2 (8 ounces) packages of cream cheese, softened to room temp
2 eggs
1/2 cup sweetener of choice
1 tsp. of vanilla

Beat this all with an electric mixer until smooth. Pour into prepared pan or
over slightly baked crust. Bake 20 minutes at 375.

Remove from oven and let it sit for 15 minutes cooling on a rack. Meanwhile turn your oven up to 475.

Now, mix the topping:

1 cup sour cream
1/4 cup sweetener
1 tsp. of vanilla

After the 15 minutes of cooling, spread the topping on the cheesecake and return to the oven for 10 minutes.

Remove and place on rack until room temperature. Then cover with foil or wrap and refrigerate for 10-12 hours until firm.

Makes 10 servings..

It's good. Hope you like it too ! Sorry didn't capture who posted this....... :0
Old 02-25-2013, 09:51 AM   #176
Blabbermouth!!!

Shelby was lots of fun and I'm exhausted ! She is one bundle of energy

Visit with family was good. Got there with my cheesecake sopapilla ( which I thought would be something different ) and my SIL was pulling her dessert out of the oven, SAME EXACT THING !! I just put mine away ....... left over 3/4 of it at DS and DIL's on the way home when we dropped Shelby off.

Was a very stressful drive home. Corrected DH;s driving and he was livid ! Says I always do that........blah blah blah........

Got home and was pretty bummed out.....Don't stress well anymore..ate bad and took muscle relaxer, hot shower and climbed into DS1's bed at 6:30...... didn't get up till 8:30 this morning.
There was tons and tons of carbs at my uncles and I didn't touch any of it... not one bite. Scale was down this am so I'm happy Went walking with Allie - it's really nice outside

Have a great Monday everyone ! Back to work tomorrow
Old 02-25-2013, 01:48 PM   #177
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ah Laura,
Sorry for the stress last night.

Good for you, avoiding the carbs & losing wt.!

Hope you get a "good Dr" at work this week.
Old 02-25-2013, 04:22 PM   #178
Blabbermouth!!!

no worries..... just a bad evening that's all. We were tired too...

DH taught me how to drive his tractor and I went to the "back of the land" (haha ! only 5 acres) - and he cleaned out the fence line with a chain saw. Trying to take me out to eat too. I said nah, we have food here.

Windy and cool ! Hope you all had a good evening too .
Old 02-26-2013, 07:51 AM   #179
Blabbermouth!!!

Ok, was hoping scale would drop a little this morning, but still the same. Keep reminding myself I was 150 the day before Christmas ( remember I fell off the wagon for about 4-5 weeks ? Was stressed about lots of things and diet was not on my priority list )
So, I know most of that was water weight, but now am 138.8 (again) and want to get to goal before my birthday in May. So..... we shall see !

Beautiful day outside Have lots of food from freezer to take to work this week. Meatballs, meatloaf, chicken legs, salmon patties, LC cheesecake, ......what's not to love ? Will fill in with salad, tuna, cheese, slim jims, grapes, etc...

Hoping and praying these 6 shifts go MUCH better than the last ones ! Thanks Debby for wishing "good Dr's" on us !! We need them

Everyone have a great day !
Old 02-26-2013, 05:47 PM   #180
Junior LCF Member

Thank you!