Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2014, 10:06 AM   #1681
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
Oh Cheryl !! He's doing better ...... did dig a few holes earlier in the week, but yesterday when Allie and snickers were outside, I let him off the 30 ft cable and he just ran and ran and played with them. Loved it !

I did that 2 more times during the afternoon and evening and he was very good about coming when I called him. He needs the exercise and freedom to run ~

DH and I are now talking about the underground fence idea. I thought we would do about 1/2 acre, but DH wants to do about 2 acres !! The dogs would love that !
It will be expensive but not nearly as much as a real fence.

Raining here.... hope you have some improvement in your weather today

ATTITUDE is the difference between an ordeal and an ADVENTURE !!

'If you're tired of starting over, then QUIT stopping !"
shelby'snana is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2014, 11:41 AM   #1682
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
They are a great alternative to a fence. It just takes a little time to teach them with flags and taking them on a leash all along the perimeter and letting them get close enough to hear the tone but not to get zapped. I think you're supposed to get to the place where they hear the tone, then you yank them back so they fear the tone. A couple of acres would be wonderful! You could maybe even plant a bush or two along the back fence line as a visual for the dogs to remember that's where the tone lives.

It is a tad warmer today. In the 20's which is tolerable. No snow in sight!
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 03:06 PM   #1683
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Yes, definitely a boredom thing... digging. Hope you can figure a way to get him exercised till you get that awesome fence! Poor Molly... going bizzerk 5 more days!
Have a blast with Shelby!
DebbyL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 06:44 PM   #1684
Big Yapper!

I'm glad Cowboy is settling into his new lifestyle. Molly, hang in there, cutie! You can make it! Hope you're all having a great night. Enjoy your time off, Laura.
Old 03-05-2014, 03:17 AM   #1685
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Garden
Stats: 176/144.8/Skinny (5'4")
WOE: LC/LC
Start Date: 12/12/11(restart)10/02/13
Hi Laura! So excited for you becoming a grandma again! Do you know if it's a boy or girl? Love sweet little baby cuddles!
Garden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 05:56 AM   #1686
Blabbermouth!!!

morning Susan !

Nope, they decided since it's their last one, they want to surprise us ! I think it's a boy though....... lol !

We will know in a week. Talked to DIL when I went to Shelby's gymnastics last night and she said " the beddings coming in next week , so no one is allowed at the house " I hope she thinks a 3 yr old can keep her mouth shut !

Hope you have a wonderful day. Hard coming back from vacation I'm sure ...
Old 03-05-2014, 11:22 AM   #1687
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby'snana View Post
morning Susan !

Nope, they decided since it's their last one, they want to surprise us ! I think it's a boy though....... lol !

We will know in a week. Talked to DIL when I went to Shelby's gymnastics last night and she said " the beddings coming in next week , so no one is allowed at the house " I hope she thinks a 3 yr old can keep her mouth shut !

Hope you have a wonderful day. Hard coming back from vacation I'm sure ...
This went over my head.
Old 03-05-2014, 03:50 PM   #1688
Blabbermouth!!!

lol ! She and DS decided we can't know the sex of the baby. The bedding will either be "boy" or "girl" bedding, so we can't see it

If Shelby figures out it's boy or girl -- she won't be able to keep the "secret"
Old 03-05-2014, 04:40 PM   #1689
Big Yapper!

Oh! I missed the "they wanted to surprise us" part and thought they too weren't aware of the sex. Okay. Got it now. Yeah, that's not going to stay a secret for much longer.
Old 03-05-2014, 08:05 PM   #1690
Blabbermouth!!!

DIL found out today she's dilated to a 2 and her cervix is "ready" ! They say in the next 2 weeks...... hoping and praying it's on my week off !
Old 03-06-2014, 03:30 AM   #1691
Major LCF Poster!

Soooooooooooooo Exciting!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep us posted on his or her arrival!
Old 03-06-2014, 06:17 AM   #1692
Blabbermouth!!!

just read this on another thread : It makes Low Carb so simple ! I love it !!
Thought I'd share ......

Gallery: moonmirror
Stats: 199.4/179.0/140
Start Date: 11.1.13

Swap out bread, sweets and fruits for vegetables. Done.

Whenever you might have eaten rice, eat veggies. Whenever you might have eaten bread, eat lettuce. Whenever you might have eaten fruit, again; eat vegetables.

My daughters and I do not follow Atkins. We simply eat vegetables in place of all dense carbohydrates. My eldest daughter tracks her eating just by this ONE CHANGE, and her diet is always about 25-35 carbs a day and around 1200 to 1800 calories depending on the day.
Last edited by moonmirror; 03-05-2014 at 03:49 PM..
Old 03-06-2014, 06:21 AM   #1693
Blabbermouth!!!

Taking Shelby to her mama this morning. We are headed out on our little camping trip later today

Tired, can't wait to just go relax......

House is bombed ...toys everywhere and dirty dishes in sinks.... doing a load of clothes now. Yesterday we were super busy and Shelby didn't get a nap. DS2 and GF came over and stayed so we ate supper late......
We can't leave with the house like this ! lol ! We will get it all cleaned back up before we leave later.

Weather is supposed to be around 68 so hope we have a good time ! I will check in with you guys !!

Have a great day
Old 03-06-2014, 08:51 AM   #1694
Big Yapper!

Laughing about the house being bombed. Oh well. That's what happens when you have lots of love and happenings under your roof. Enjoy it while it lasts. How was Shelby without her nap? Does she get cranky?

I hope DIL has the baby when you're off, too. If not, I hope someone is able to cover your shifts for you for a couple days; maybe in exchange for covering theirs? Do you know anyone who works in that 6 day block that you are off? Maybe someone would do you that favor. There are people out there who have no life, so it's possible.

I hope you get the house tidy enough that you can go on your little camping trip and enjoy your time away. Who takes care of the dogs when you're away?

I do the same thing as suggested in your other post. I've never actually counted carbs.
Old 03-06-2014, 09:28 AM   #1695
Blabbermouth!!!

yeah, we can't stand the house like that. It's ok while she's here playing, but then it's clean up time !

She gets really cranky and cries easily ...... oh boy ..

Just took her to her Mama and she didn't want to leave. I will make sure we take her camping soon when it warms up and she can do lots of outside stuff. Shouldn't be long !

Allie goes with us ! I just let cowboy off cable and let him and Allie run all over. he just loves it :0
DS's will check in on him and play with him. Hoping we can find a good underground fence soon and get it installed. It will be perfect I hope :0

talk to you later ! Gotta finish packing !
Old 03-06-2014, 03:14 PM   #1696
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Hope you recovered you bombed home & have fun camping!
DebbyL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 12:47 PM   #1697
Blabbermouth!!!

camping now Brother and his family will be here by supper tonight. Weather is windy but in low 60's so it's still nice.

hope you all enjoy your weekend !
Old 03-07-2014, 05:34 PM   #1698
Big Yapper!

60 sounds like Heaven to me. Have fun camping! Hope you have a fabulous time together.
Old 03-08-2014, 04:13 AM   #1699
Major LCF Poster!

Have a great and relaxing time! 60 does sound like heaven! Can you share those temps with us? We are "springing forward" with the time, so I hope that also wakes up the sun to warm up the mid-atlantic region.
Old 03-09-2014, 01:18 PM   #1700
Blabbermouth!!!

Man, I'm glad to be home ! It was soooo windy and mostly in the 50's the entire time we were there. It started drizzling yesterday around lunch and then was POURING from about 5pm till this morning ! I bet we got 3" of rain. Poor DH was wading around in 4-6 inches of water trying to unhook everything and take down this morning ! The sites were low, but you couldn't tell until all that rain.
My brother and his family were supposed to stay until Tues am but he said he is getting stuff ready this afternoon and pulling out Tomorrow am. There's just water standing everywhere !

Everything is unpacked. Laundry going. Cowboy had stuff scattered all over backyard :/ He was bored. He cried and cried when we pulled in. Poor baby.... hated to leave him here.

DH and I got nice long hot showers and are resting. I said " what does it say about me that I want to get into my jammies and it's only 3 o'clock ? " He just smiled. I'm pooped!

Well, off to go check and see what you all have been up to ! ttyl !
Old 03-09-2014, 03:58 PM   #1701
Major LCF Poster!

That was not the best getaway at all! I'd be in my pj's too! You can look back on it and laugh though!
Old 03-09-2014, 07:40 PM   #1702
Big Yapper!

Oh, what a drag! All that rain while camping. There's nothing worse! At least you had the RV but camping is camping. I'm sorry, Laura. And you got sick too? Some little vacation you had! Poor Cowboy. I'll bet he was in need of a lot of hugs and love when you got back. He's one handsome boy. I love his eyes. So soulful.

Enjoy being back in your home and staying dry. Sleep well and get better fast.
Old 03-10-2014, 11:07 AM   #1703
Blabbermouth!!!

nope still have the cough and congestion making me crazy

Slept in this morning. Got a text from my boss - she had asked me to work 7a - 7p for my 1st 3 shifts this week..... I said I could but was really dreading getting up at 4:30 am !
She said someone covered them and I can work my normal schedule ! I was just gonna do it as a favor to her

have hamburger meat, ribs and turkey breast thawing. DH will cook the ribs and I will make 2 meals with the hamb meat.
Had leftover broccoli, so we just had broccoli/cheese soup for lunch... i love it

Cowboy did get extra love and attention yesterday . You guys know me so well And I saved the roast bones ( cooked in crockpot while camping ) for him, so he loved those.

Planning to make poppers,cabbage,squash casserole, and DH wants some 'fried taters' with onions and butter ~~ only my favorite dish in the whole wide world next to poppers ~~ but I WILL NOT EAT ANY !!
DS1 will be here after work so he and DH can put them away and I won't have to look at them anymore !

Kind of sunny and low 60's right now. Glad we came home with another day to "gear up " for the work week.

ttyl !
Old 03-10-2014, 01:40 PM   #1704
Big Yapper!

Oh thank God that you didn't have to work mornings! That was a close call, Laura.

Yum! I have poppers too. I just have to put my disposable plastic gloves on to clean and handle them, then I can put them in the oven. I need to do that before they go bad. I have a large "tube" of hamburger as well. Maybe I should make a meatloaf or something with it. That's always challenging without breadcrumbs. I've used Almond meal in the past and it was okay. Pretty good, actually.

What I REALLY should cook is a chili. I love that stuff. Problem is I end up eating too much cause it's just me in the house.
Old 03-10-2014, 03:03 PM   #1705
Blabbermouth!!!

did you see the mozzarella/marinara meatloaf on FB ? That's what I have in the oven ! Yum, poppers.......... Don't you dare let them go bad !! lol !
Old 03-10-2014, 03:33 PM   #1706
Big Yapper!

No! Can you share it so I can see the recipe without hunting? I just bought four things of mozzarella. It was on sale.
Old 03-10-2014, 03:39 PM   #1707
Blabbermouth!!!

Marinara + Mozzarella Meatloaf
Recipe courtesy George Stella

Prep Time 15 min/ Cook Time 75 min/ Serves 8

Shopping List
2 pounds lean ground beef
11⁄2 cups marinara sauce, no sugar added
1⁄4 cup diced red onion
3 large eggs
1⁄2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1⁄2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper
3⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and ready a nonstick 9x5 loaf pan for baking. (Or spray a regular loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.)

2. In a large bowl, mix the ground beef, 1 cup of the marinara sauce, diced red onion, eggs, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper. (This is easiest done with your hands.)

3. Evenly fill loaf pan with the meatloaf mixture, patting with your hands to form an even top. Bake uncovered for 45 minutes.

4. Remove loaf from oven; drain any excess fat or liquid, and then top with the remaining 1⁄2 cup of marinara sauce, and all of the mozzarella cheese. Return to oven and bake an additional 30 minutes, or until a meat thermometer registers 165 degrees. Drain fat from pan once more and let rest 10 minutes before cutting into 8 equal slices.

George’s Tips | When buying marinara sauce, it is very important to read the labels! Look for the sauce that is the lowest in sugar. While tomatoes contain some natural sugars, check the ingredients list for any sugar or corn syrup that may have been added. With so many jars to choose from, there’s no need to buy the one with added corn syrup!

Variation | If you do not have a loaf pan, simply form a rounded loaf by hand in a large baking dish. Also, you can make an Italian Vegetable Stuffed Meatloaf by adding 1⁄4 cup of diced roasted red peppers and 1⁄2 cup of diced fresh zucchini.

calories:425|fat: 28g|protein: 29g |fiber: 1g|net carbs:6.5g
Old 03-10-2014, 03:40 PM   #1708
Blabbermouth!!!

I just topped mine with the marinara and mozz ~~ it smells good !
Old 03-10-2014, 03:48 PM   #1709
Big Yapper!

Thank you! I will look it over closely. I know right off the bat that I don't have any red onion. I guess it wouldn't matter that much. Do you think?
Old 03-10-2014, 03:55 PM   #1710
Big Yapper!

I just went on google to see if I could find a picture of this meatloaf and I stumbled on Pinterest. Never been there, just signed up. (Can I say that?) Looks like I can spend days on that site and not get bored. Great! Just what I needed; to spend more time on the computer.