LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2014, 07:31 AM   #1561
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
OK I'm back.

DH went to the house and no one answered door. I went to work. Called the animal control people twice ..... he didn't return my call. DS2 went to the house and talked to the lady.... turns out DH knows some of her family ... and she said yes, he's home and has a dog house and he's on a "CHAIN" now. She says he won't stay home, but yes they want him and his name is 'buddy'.
Poor dog. I may go talk to her next week when I'm off and see if there's a way he can play some with Allie and stuff. I just love him and hate him being chained over there with no one playing with him. I know, NOT MY DOG>>>>>

Boiling eggs, drinking coffee..... 3 more to go !

Last night my back was really really sore... has been for days. Was laying in bed praying and said 'all healing comes through you Lord' and the pain went away INSTANTLY !!! seriously ! I was laying there smiling thinking how good GOD is to me Thought I would share with y'all !

Have a great day !

ATTITUDE is the difference between an ordeal and an ADVENTURE !!

'If you're tired of starting over, then QUIT stopping !"
shelby'snana is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2014, 08:47 AM   #1562
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
WOW! Praise the Lord! I love when He surprises us like that. I hear of so few healing miracles but I think that one qualifies.

I'm so sad for Cowboy. So they keep him outdoors on a chain all year long? That has to be illegal in a place that gets so incredibly hot. That's just inhumane. I mean, why have a pet if you only go out to feed and water it and give it a couple pats on the head once a day? How sad.

I had a sister (passed on) who used to do that too. A dog house, a chain, and two bowls. Why? She would only bring him inside if it was brutally cold. What a life.

Have a great day, Laura. I hope you are filled with that feeling you experienced when He took your pain away in that instant.
CherylB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 02:22 PM   #1563
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
PTL about your back!
Bummer about Cowboy-Buddy. Hope things work out better for him.
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 11:19 PM   #1564
Blabbermouth!!!

home now, guess who's in the garage on the 30' cable ?? ( garage side door is open ) Hehe..... he came back before DH went to work and he put him on it !! Cowboy was soo glad to see me when I got here What a sweetie pie

We will have to go talk to her.... DH said he had a rope he was dragging that he had chewed threw.... and it was SUPER tight around his neck. ARG.....;/ DH was not happy !

Allie is outside playing with him. Need to get her in so I can go to bed.

2 more shifts .... Praying they go well. New Dr's start tomorrow .

Night all
Old 02-01-2014, 08:25 AM   #1565
Blabbermouth!!!

morning !

2 more shifts. DH's brother is coming from Louisiana on Monday and staying till Thurs ? I will need to get up Monday morning and clean this house. And these dogs need a BATH bad..... they stink !!

Taking a LC meatloaf I made the other day and froze and making some kale chips in the microwave to take also. I have been having a hard time staying LC .... do good all day or 90 % of day , then have something off plan and have to start over ! I will do this. I know I can !

Can't wait to be off ~~

ok, gotta get ready and get off this computer ! Have a wonderful day !
Old 02-01-2014, 10:42 AM   #1566
Big Yapper!

Wow. He doesn't want to be confined to a life that's limited to a few feet. They said they were going to use a chain and decided on a rope? They don't deserve to have a dog. I can't believe it was so tight around his neck. I don't think even if you adopted him and kept him inside your home that he would stick around. He was "born to run." What do you think is the answer for poor Mr Cowboy?

I hope things go smoothly with the new Dr's. Are they interns or veterans? You have to really be on your toes with those newbies.

I'm sorry you're having trouble staying onboard with LC right now. Terrible when you go off plan and then you can't get back on. I know all about that. How do you make kale chips? I'd love to try them. Are they at all bitter? That's the rotten thing about LC. So few "crunchy things" to snack on. Deviled eggs get very old after a while.

Hang tough and gut it out. Soon you'll be right back in the zone.

Last edited by CherylB; 02-01-2014 at 10:44 AM..
Old 02-01-2014, 07:05 PM   #1567
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Interesting that you've ended up with Cowboy. Think the owner will come looking for him? Oh - goody... bathing dogs!

Hope those last shifts go fast for you.
Old 02-01-2014, 09:49 PM   #1568
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: greengeeny
Stats: 226/167.2/135
WOE: Eating less than 20 carbs a day
Start Date: September 13, 2013
Wow...I just finished reading and catching up on the Cowboy situation. Poor dog, and more importantly, poor you! It is hard when they sneak into our hearts, and then leave. Especially when you know he is not going to a safe place. Hopefully something works out. I am sure that the 30' chain is better than what he had. And, you will keep him warm and safe and fed. Good luck!
greengeeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 05:31 AM   #1569
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Garden
Stats: 176/144.8/Skinny (5'4")
WOE: LC/LC
Start Date: 12/12/11(restart)10/02/13
That dog loves you! And he does not belong with the other household.
I think it is "fence time" whether it's to keep 2 dogs in or one dog out.

I'm sure things will calm down soon for you in all aspects of life and you'll get back to good, healthy eating habits.

It's a whooping 40 degrees at 8:00 Am !
Garden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 08:29 AM   #1570
Blabbermouth!!!

morning all

Should be getting ready for work But it's raining and dreary and I'm in denial that I have to go .....

Having coffee.....

Will try to make my long story short !
DH went and talked to 'buddy's' owners. A lady and her 3 sons - sons moved here from Colorado recently where buddy got to run loose on lots of land - they all work and don't have lots of time to play with him. DH said they are all super sweet and sad about the dog. Youngest son ( around 21 ) is the owner. He is considering letting us have him _" if i can visit him " OF COURSE you can visit and play with him any time !!!

They are supposed to let us know today or tomorrow.

DH is considering a fence Finally !

For some reason my computer won't let me upload the "up close" pic of Cowboy's face, but I put it on FB. I'll upload a few of the pics when he 1st showed up here.

DH's brother is still supposed to come tomorrow for 4 days, but it's supposed to rain the whole time. Reason for visit ? To fry oysters ( outside ) and golf They need to re-schedule, but we'll see.

Yep, I'm determined to get back on track. Had fried rice and cookies last night after being super good all day

Birthday is in May, will be 50

Ok, gotta finish this coffee and get presentable !

BTW, new Dr's yesterday were great. No complaints
Old 02-02-2014, 08:33 AM   #1571
Blabbermouth!!!

Cowboy - I got a close up of his beautiful eyes and it's on FB. I'll try to get one here when I'm off. He looks pretty rough here
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1400.jpg (28.6 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1401.jpg (29.9 KB, 7 views)
Old 02-02-2014, 08:41 AM   #1572
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow! That's a great development on Cowboy & a fence! Nice looking dog.
Wonderful your new Dr's are working out. Hope they continue to be 'nice' after they get comfortable.

Have a great day!
Old 02-02-2014, 08:49 AM   #1573
Big Yapper!

He does have a beautiful face. I went to FB to see the head shot and the second pic you posted here shows it almost as well. He definitely looks like he's part wolf. Very sad that he used to have a ranch to roam around on and now his life has become so limited. I'm glad they are considering letting you keep him. Do you think a fence will contain him? Some dogs will get out one way or another if they have a mind to. I once had a Dalmatian mix that was that way. He was impossible!

Doesn't sound like a good day to fry oysters and golf. Glad they are going to reschedule. I hate those days when you really have to push yourself to go to work but I'm glad to hear that the new Doc's are working out so far.

If you derail in the evening, try to go to bed early. I have been doing that this past week. It's hard to get used to but I think I finally am. I'll drop 20 lbs just from not porking out every night.

Have a great shift at work and a great week.
Old 02-02-2014, 12:11 PM   #1574
Blabbermouth!!!

At work -- crazy doc ! Ugh ...

No so far Cheryl they haven't rescheduled - he's still
Coming

I think he would stay , but who knows ? I do know he needs a bath in the
Worst way !
Old 02-02-2014, 03:18 PM   #1575
Blabbermouth!!!

Lol ! I was wrong . It was 49 hehe !!
Old 02-02-2014, 05:13 PM   #1576
Big Yapper!

Wait. What's 49? How old you'll be on your next birthday?
Old 02-02-2014, 06:31 PM   #1577
Blabbermouth!!!

Lol ! I
Put it was 71 degrees this morning and it was 49
Old 02-03-2014, 12:15 AM   #1578
Blabbermouth!!!

Home and I'm off. Hot shower and comfy pj's ! Yippee !!!

I don't know where I got this am that it was 71 degrees. I woke up hot and turned off the central heat and turned on the central air ! LOL ! When i left for work I realized it was 49 and texted DH ~~ he said he was freezing when he woke up this afternoon ! I must be going crazy .......

Nutty Dr till 7pm... real quack. He is one that came a few times and now he's in with the new group of really good dr's. I don't think he'll be there long. ( please dear Lord ). Drove me crazy .... ;/

DH's brother has the flu and isn't coming. Sorry he's sick, but so glad I don't have to do all the sheets and clean house and bath dogs all before noon tomorrow !! Is that mean ?

Hope you all had a great Sunday !
Old 02-03-2014, 12:16 AM   #1579
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh yeah, Cowboy is officially ours ! DH went and bought him a collar and 50 # bag of dog food. He's really gonna put up a fence I think... I'm excited !

We will get him all of his shots since we can't be sure ....

Night !
Old 02-03-2014, 09:12 AM   #1580
Big Yapper!

That's awesome! Glad you won't be getting exposed to the cold DH's brother is having right now, either. You must need some time away if you thought it was 71 degrees and switched on the a/c. Glad you're down to just one lousy Dr and that the dog is getting all his shots and the fence is approved.

Things are really looking up! Enjoy your day off.
Old 02-03-2014, 04:53 PM   #1581
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey !

Well, I bathed Allie and Snickers ( was babysitting and she is getting fixed in the AM )

THEN......

just now DH and I got Cowboy in the house and into the shower !! It is in the 40's outside so we had to corral him into the shower. Thank goodness we have a tiled 5 ft shower - no tub. He was scared to death - the owner told DH he doesn't like baths - wonder if he's only had 1 in his life lol !!

We both had to get into the shower.. it was so comical ! 2 humans and a scared big dog ...... lol ! I think once we were rubbing all over him and he realized it was ok, that he enjoyed it

But, at the end he did get hot and start panting. We hurried and got him out of there. We were covered in dog hair. What a mess !!

Anyway now all the dogs and humans have had their baths... Get to sweep and mop tomorrow for sure now !
Old 02-03-2014, 05:13 PM   #1582
Big Yapper!

I absolutely love how dogs hate the bath itself but are the happiest beings on the planet as soon as you're done towel drying them and turn them loose! What did Cowboy do when he was free to race around? OMG. They are funny animals.

Sounds like your hubby has fallen in love with Mr Cowboy too. Yea!
Old 02-03-2014, 05:40 PM   #1583
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So glad Cowboy's yours. Good job on cleaning him up. Hope he doesn't find something to 'roll' in! I use a collar & leash for Molly, wrap the leash around the handles - very tight, so she can't go anywhere with her head... also warm water in the tub makes her relax a bit... but mostly discipline... 'sit', petting, & never get the water in her ears & eyes. They are so happy to 'survive' is what I think Cheryl!
Old 02-03-2014, 05:47 PM   #1584
Blabbermouth!!!

He's on the 30 ft cable out in garage/back yard. DH did buy him a trolley cable - 60 ft long - for outside that we will try out ....

He's perfectly happy now.

Told DH if we hadn't had to be naked - both in the shower and the dog too - it would have made a hilarious video ! lol ! Can you picture it ? No NEVER MIND ..... don't !!!
Old 02-03-2014, 05:51 PM   #1585
Big Yapper!

I don't know if it's survival or just the element of breaking free after being confined and made to endure something very much against their will. At any rate, it's one of my favorite things to watch. More fun than a barrel of monkeys.
Old 02-03-2014, 05:52 PM   #1586
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby'snana View Post
He's on the 30 ft cable out in garage/back yard. DH did buy him a trolley cable - 60 ft long - for outside that we will try out ....

He's perfectly happy now.

Told DH if we hadn't had to be naked - both in the shower and the dog too - it would have made a hilarious video ! lol ! Can you picture it ? No NEVER MIND ..... don't !!!
Old 02-03-2014, 06:55 PM   #1587
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

LOL! Next time.. bathing suits & record!
Old 02-04-2014, 09:24 AM   #1588
Blabbermouth!!!

Cool and dreary here today...

Have some new pics of Cowboy now that he's clean ! I promise I will hush about him ....

Getting some housework done. DH took him to vet and got his shots and checked for heartworms...... $$$ Oh well..

should have 3 pics. But looks like one didn't upload
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1442.jpg (38.8 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1441.jpg (58.8 KB, 7 views)
Old 02-04-2014, 11:27 AM   #1589
Big Yapper!

He's got the most amazing eyes. Don't hush about him! Post as many pics as you can. Get him from all angles. We need a profile shot.

Sorry for the dreary day. I just cleaned up the snow from yesterday's storm. It's already mild enough to be melting it and compacting it so the depth is shrinking down. Clean up wasn't bad (thanks to the driveway being plowed at 9pm.) But another storm approacheth. Will wake up to a brand new mess tomorrow morning. I have to work tomorrow, too.
Old 02-04-2014, 04:15 PM   #1590
Blabbermouth!!!

Awww Cheryl, you have had your fair share of bad weather this year Hope it's not as bad as expected.

Walked BOTH dogs ... Don't think cowboy had ever been on a leash. Jumping and criss crossing I was laughing so hard trying to hang on to both of them. He calmed down and did pretty good

Talked to DH and told him I will need his help staying on LC for several days in a row. I'm still having cheats/binges ... I know I've gained. Nothing fits right. My BD (50) is coming in May and I don't want to be miserable and fighting this.
Will pray for strength, I know if I make it a few days to a week, I will be back in the "zone" where I enjoy being

Going to eat some Garlic Chicken soup I froze the other day for supper. Sounds good

Hope you all are having a good day too