Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2014, 08:55 PM   #1531
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
Went to town today to go to Chiropractor and DH needed to run a few places. Ended up deciding to go on to Houston and have dinner and a movie . Date night..

Went to Costco ..... I just love that place ..... I got almond milk, coconut oil, pumpkin seeds, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, wings, etc..... yum yum.....
Went to Tx Roadhouse for a big ole' Ribeye ..... and there was no movie we wanted to see ! lol !

Ended up at Mattress Firm.... our Tempurpedic we spent a fortune on a few yrs ago is awful, and we were looking for a queen for the camper. The one in there hurts my back.........

You guessed it ! Ack !!! We bought a king for the house and a queen for the camper and even with free delivery, no tax, and sales, we spent a ton !!! They are so expensive for the ones that don't hurt my back. ;(

I really hope and pray that I will sleep sooooo much better with a good mattress. And our sale person reminded us that our Tempurpedic has a long warranty and we can get it REPLACED under warranty and then sell it ! Woohoo ! I would not have thought of that. I thought, no way I want another one...... but we can put it for sale and boom ! Put the money on the new one win=win !

ATTITUDE is the difference between an ordeal and an ADVENTURE !!

'If you're tired of starting over, then QUIT stopping !"
shelby'snana is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2014, 09:31 PM   #1532
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Is Tempurpedic the same as memory foam? Just curious. I had a memory foam mattress topper and it had a good memory, alright. The shape of my body was still visible in it when I got out of bed! Granted, I was very large at the time, but I ended up cutting it up into sections and using it for a dog bed. Lucky her.

That's wonderful that you have new beds for home and when you're away from home. Have a great night. It's after midnight and I must hit the hay.
CherylB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 06:51 AM   #1533
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Garden
Stats: 176/144.8/Skinny (5'4")
WOE: LC/LC
Start Date: 12/12/11(restart)10/02/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby'snana View Post
Went to town today to go to Chiropractor and DH needed to run a few places. Ended up deciding to go on to Houston and have dinner and a movie . Date night..

Went to Costco ..... I just love that place ..... I got almond milk, coconut oil, pumpkin seeds, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, wings, etc..... yum yum.....
Went to Tx Roadhouse for a big ole' Ribeye ..... and there was no movie we wanted to see ! lol !

Ended up at Mattress Firm.... our Tempurpedic we spent a fortune on a few yrs ago is awful, and we were looking for a queen for the camper. The one in there hurts my back.........

You guessed it ! Ack !!! We bought a king for the house and a queen for the camper and even with free delivery, no tax, and sales, we spent a ton !!! They are so expensive for the ones that don't hurt my back. ;(

I really hope and pray that I will sleep sooooo much better with a good mattress. And our sale person reminded us that our Tempurpedic has a long warranty and we can get it REPLACED under warranty and then sell it ! Woohoo ! I would not have thought of that. I thought, no way I want another one...... but we can put it for sale and boom ! Put the money on the new one win=win !
Wow! You can fit a queen mattress in your camper! That's a hotel on wheels!
Garden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 07:07 AM   #1534
Blabbermouth!!!

Yes, Cheryl, the tempurpedic is a high end memory foam that was supposed to be "the best" and it isn't.
I know there are cheaper memory foams out there, but they offer little to no support....
Never want another one !! Glad you used yours for a dog bed I like that !
Susan, yep it has a queen and the living room couch turns into a bed also.

Will be sooo nice to have a wonderful bed in there because when my back is "out" and we are camping with the other bed, it's no fun at all ;/

Cowboy was here this morning ! poor baby was probably left out last night and it was below freezing. Grrrr.......makes me furious ! I just love him. He stole my heart !!!

bbl ladies, gotta drink some coffee..... hehe
Old 01-25-2014, 09:06 AM   #1535
Big Yapper!

How long has Cowboy been gone? I haven't heard you talk about him for a while so I was curious. I remember now that you let him come and go. Does he look scrawnier?
Old 01-25-2014, 11:22 AM   #1536
Blabbermouth!!!

lol ! He looks just fine. DH thinks he likes having "2 homes" and I'm such a pushover for dogs

Dogsitting Snickers who has been in heat, not having fun trying to let her and Allie out to pee with him around. He's doing good, but boy would I be in the "doghouse" () if an accident happened ! She is getting fixed next week.....

Windows open. Making a big pot of Garlic Chicken Soup... it smells wonderful. Added some celery and mushrooms that weren't in the recipe.... needed to use up the mushrooms.

2 meatloafs in the oven. One is mine.... small one - and a bigger one like I used to make them... smells wonderful in here.

Hope you all are enjoying your Saturday. Just a beautiful cool day here !
DH and DS2 went golfing and DS1 is asleep, working nights next few nights.

Life is Good
Old 01-25-2014, 03:40 PM   #1537
Big Yapper!

Woops! Better watch that little girl like a hawk. I'm glad Cowboy's enjoying his dual life.

I wish I could come and sample all your yummy meals! All I really need is someone to cook for me and then all my dietary problems would be solved. Better come up with a "plan B" pretty fast.

Have a great night. Enjoy the dogsitting.
Old 01-26-2014, 05:32 AM   #1538
Major LCF Poster!

You are such a softie for the animals, Laura! I'm sure Cowboy looks at you with some big ole eyes and you get a big ole smile on your face!
Old 01-26-2014, 08:11 AM   #1539
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garden View Post
You are such a softie for the animals, Laura! I'm sure Cowboy looks at you with some big ole eyes and you get a big ole smile on your face!
now Where on Earth did you get that idea ??

He is just the cutest boy ! DH said " why are you feeding him again ? He's out there peeing on everything !" my son was here and we just smiled at each other.

Then , DH closed the garage. Was supposed to get in high 20's ~~ I took a blanket and said " I want to leave the door cracked ~ JUST TONIGHT~ cause it's supposed to get cold again." He rolled his eyes and said I know how you feel and why you are doing it, but he has a home.
I cracked the door and called him ~ he was still back in the back ~ and gave him a blanket in the garage
Old 01-26-2014, 08:46 AM   #1540
Blabbermouth!!!

Had planned to try out a "Cowboy Church" that my DS1 and DIL like. It's about 45 min from here.. but on the way to where they live... some of DIL's family go there and love it. Slept in DS2's room ~ DH and DS moved out our old mattress and we cleaned under the bed, since they are delivering the new one today ~ and I didn't set an alarm and overslept.

Still going to head over there and get Shelby and take her to the movies ! I have never taken her... they take her ~ there's one close to their house. Our closest one is over 30 miles away ;/

Such a pretty day. DH and DS2 are going to put the boat in the river and "run it" I would normally LOVE to go ( DH turns the radio on the boat to the 70's - 80's music and turns it up ) !! But, my back is still sore, so I'll just wait.

have had a few off plan snacks last 2 nights, ugh..... gotta stop !!!

Tomorrow is Dentist and hair appt .... maybe chiro again..... and then lots of cooking ! Mondays are always busy before the work week. Oh well......

Hope you all have a wonderful Sunday !
Old 01-26-2014, 11:17 AM   #1541
Big Yapper!

I didn't know there was a river near you. What's it called? Is it fun to run? I love the Guadalupe. Texas has the best rivers.

I'm glad you are enjoying your time off. I'm looking forward to my days off. This is day two on my four-day stretch. Temps only in the teens with wind. It is what it is.
Old 01-26-2014, 12:09 PM   #1542
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Sounds fun! Have a great day!
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 03:43 PM   #1543
Blabbermouth!!!

Ok, drove an hour and called DIL, she said Shelby was at her GGM's house.... went there and their WHOLE family was there. Beautiful day ~ kids everywhere ~ so of course Shelby didn't want to go !! lol ! I didn't blame her one bit

We used to all meet up at my GM's house and all of us cousins had a blast ~ great memories

So I stayed and visited a bit and then drove an hour home. I was fine with it.

Mattress people are late, were supposed to be here between 1-5 , it's not 5:40 and they are still about an hour they said.... oh well,......

DH said boat ran great ~ may go back to river tomorrow afternoon. We'll see. Cheryl the nearest river is super close -right down the road. ( Called Tres Palacios River ) It's small.
A few miles from here is the Colorado River....

ttyl !
Old 01-26-2014, 04:12 PM   #1544
Big Yapper!

The boat ran great? That's so funny! When you said they were going to "run the river", I pictured rapids, a canoe and two people paddling away. Funny how I can be so wrong about things that I think I thought I understood.

Glad you had some time with your family. Hope the mattress comes and is everything you hope it will be. I'd love a new mattress someday. I told myself if I got to goal weight, I'd invest in a new one. I thought I would have bought it at least 2 years ago. Oh, well.

Night night!
Old 01-26-2014, 04:18 PM   #1545
Blabbermouth!!!

too funny ! Nope, they were in the boat !

It was DIL's family ~ aunts, uncles, cousins and her grandparents. I just adore her Grandma and Grandpa

Night Cheryl !
Old 01-26-2014, 04:59 PM   #1546
Blabbermouth!!!

7 pm and they are here now ........
Old 01-26-2014, 05:03 PM   #1547
Big Yapper!

Check with their delivery policies. Usually if they don't come within their scheduled time, they give you something back. Check it out!
Old 01-27-2014, 02:47 AM   #1548
Major LCF Poster!

How was your sleep? Hope it was great!

Ahhhhhhh! To be boating in January! Now that would be pleasant!

Gatherings with kids everywhere is a pleasant memory for me too!
Old 01-27-2014, 07:26 AM   #1549
Blabbermouth!!!

nah Cheryl, those guys were lost and tired..... no biggie I guess.

Slept good Susan, but had the heat at 67 and I woke up HOT several times ! lol ! I'm so hot-natured !

Dentist, hair, and chiro today...... will be busy !

Check back later !!
Old 01-27-2014, 10:08 AM   #1550
Big Yapper!

That's strange that the delivery truck didn't have a GPS. You got a heated bed? I hope it also cools! You live in TX, after all. Have a good day of trotting around.
Old 01-27-2014, 01:29 PM   #1551
Blabbermouth!!!

nope , got new sheets and their 600 thread count (ugh) and had the central heat on.... too much for this old lady ! lol !

( supposedly the higher the thread count the softer they are, but also makes them hotter )
Old 01-27-2014, 02:27 PM   #1552
Blabbermouth!!!

Chiro - done
Dental cleaning - done
Hair - colored and trimmed - done

Feet up in comfy chair with blankie - done
Old 01-27-2014, 06:10 PM   #1553
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby'snana View Post
Chiro - done
Dental cleaning - done
Hair - colored and trimmed - done

Feet up in comfy chair with blankie - done
Old 01-28-2014, 02:47 AM   #1554
Major LCF Poster!

Hot flashes!?! Yuck!
Old 01-28-2014, 07:24 AM   #1555
Blabbermouth!!!

Hope not Susan, I'm on premarin and don't have so many anymore..

Back to work today. 37 outside now,... think it's supposed to drop throughout day. I cross a causeway getting to work ( over a bay ) so shouldn't have any trouble on the way to work, but wonder about coming home after midnight ?? Hmmm...... Hopefully there's no ice !

hope you all have a good day and stay warm
Old 01-28-2014, 09:30 AM   #1556
Big Yapper!

Drive safely and take your time, especially over that bridge. Hope you have a great shift.
Old 01-29-2014, 08:16 AM   #1557
Blabbermouth!!!

morning !

No ice here ~ 37 now and cloudy

Work went ok , new group of Dr's coming on Sat Feb1st ~~ Dr's that DH worked with at other hosp, he likes them so things should get better on that end.

Animal control just showed up at door. People in the RV park are complaining about cowboy !! DH told them where he lives, and said if they don't want him we will take him <3
Scared cause he hasn't come back and I'm not sure how we would keep him here this week..... we are both working and don't have a fenced yard. Not sure how he would react to that 30' cord Allie used to be on. ?? Oh well, they probably tied him up......don't see how that is ok, but him running loose isn't ?? Ugh........

Hope you all have a great day. Gotta throw some clothes in the dryer !!
Old 01-29-2014, 01:05 PM   #1558
Big Yapper!

Oh, that sucks about Cowboy. I wonder how many other names he's been given at all the places he visits. I guess some aren't pleasant, given that they called animal control. That's so sweet of your hubby. I don't think tying up the dog is a good idea, since he came into your life with what was left of a rope still attached to him. He needs to be kept indoors and taken for long walks. If he's that pretty, seems strange that nobody will keep him.

That's FABULOUS about the new Dr's coming. Answer to prayer? Hope so! Time will tell. Hang in there, Laura! Wait and see.
Old 01-29-2014, 04:12 PM   #1559
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
That's great about the new Dr's!
You may have to call the animal control to find out what happened with Cowboy. They probably have to go through a particular procedure to relocate him. Sounds like you may be getting that fenced-in yard in the future...
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 10:19 AM   #1560
Major LCF Poster!

Sorry to hear about Cowboy. Some people just don't like animals.