Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
you need to watch it Cheryl, so darn funny

Thanks Gail !

Susan, you can do it !!!

My scale bounced up today and yesterday...... haven't cheated on anything and drinking lots of water, so not sure what's up ??? Frustrates me. :/ But, I am still fitting in my smaller clothes just fine, so not sure I trust the # ~~~
shelby'snana is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-2013, 04:18 PM   #1412
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Sorry the scale is messing with your head. It's just playing with ya. Don't sweat it! You know you're right on point. You can take that to the bank.

Be careful? Are you referring to my little Frodo incident? I just was talking with the manager and she confessed that yesterday, Frodo chased after the two teenage boys that were working with me this afternoon. They took off running and almost knocked the manager over in their attempt to get away from the horse. Now, wouldn't that have been something she should have shared with me in her note today?
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 06:20 PM   #1413
Blabbermouth!!!

lol I meant watch it ~~ as in Johnny Carson !
Old 12-28-2013, 06:27 PM   #1414
Big Yapper!

Okay. Yeah, it just now clicked when I read it again. I had "Frodo on the brain." The other ladies were telling me not to tie his front leg up and do a "take down" to teach him who's boss.

I started to watch the Johnny Carson thing today. It's not a "best of" like I thought it was. It's a PBS program that lasts about 2 hours. Very good so far.
Old 12-28-2013, 09:32 PM   #1415
Blabbermouth!!!

Long day today. Walked Allie and Snickers about a mile when the sun came out and it was pretty .

DH's stepmom leaves in the morning. DS1 is working days so hopefully next 2 days will be peaceful and quiet.

Cleaned out some bathroom drawers and a bathroom closet today. So much junk. ;/ Need to tackle my bedroom closet. Yikes !!

Going to get some sleep now. Hope you all had a wonderful day .
Old 12-29-2013, 07:04 AM   #1416
Blabbermouth!!!

edit ~~ DS1 is working nights not days, so he will be sleeping most of the day ...

Morning all ! Betty is gone already. Having coffee and relaxing.... threw lots of sweets and crap out . She loves to graze and eat cookies and fudge over and over between meals lol !!
She also brought kolaches ....... one of my fav things ....... but, I didn't even want one ! yay !

There is a stray dog outside ~~ looks like 1/2 wolf ~ seriously ~ and it's a boy ~ he is dragging a rope behind him, so I guess some meanie had him tied up and he got away . I just hate that !!! Such a cutie
I hope someone takes him in. We never have boy dogs. DH refuses to.

Nice that the weather is ok today ~ supposed to get up to 65 later. 47 now.

Hope you all have a blessed Sunday !

ATTITUDE is the difference between an ordeal and an ADVENTURE !!

'If you're tired of starting over, then QUIT stopping !"
Old 12-29-2013, 09:21 AM   #1417
Big Yapper!

If it were me, I'd be out there with the stray dog, trying to get that rope off of him. I hope it isn't very long. If he's still around, try to get it off, Laura. He could get strangled if he tries to slip under or over a fence or just get caught by it if he cuts to close to a tire while walking around a parked car. Poor guy.

I don't like boy dogs either. They scent mark everything. At least if a girl dog feels the need to do that, she can't aim!

WTG on chucking all the toxic treats now that the party's over and MIL went home. Is she really heavy? Grazing will do that to a person. I know cause that's how I've been eating for a long time now. Eating three meals a day is so foreign to me. I hope I can learn to do something of that nature when I reign it in again, which will be very, very soon.

I'm glad you got a walk in while it was nice and sunny. Hope you don't have to tip-toe around while DH sleeps. I always worked nights when I was doing nursing. It was just a better fit for my biorhythms.

Have a lovely Sunday, Laura. I'm going to be spending mine out in the rain at the farm. I hope one or both of my volunteers show up.
Old 12-29-2013, 06:40 PM   #1418
Blabbermouth!!!

Sorry you had a rough day at work Cheryl. That's hard working in the rain, I used to do it walking my mail route for years..... no fun.

Betty was heavy until she had cancer in her leg last year. She actually is doing so good and probably lost at least 50-60 lbs last year. She looks much healthier. She is 6 ft tall !! lol ! I'm the "short stuff" of the family

We went shopping with DS2 and fiance this afternoon and then went to Texas Roadhouse Of course, I had a big 'ole Ribeye It was delish !

Hope you all had a good day. Not sure where everyone is ..... ???
Old 12-29-2013, 06:52 PM   #1419
Blabbermouth!!!

Rant : !!!! Skip if not interested !

i made some LC fudge 2 weeks ago and have eaten it slowly ..... can't find the recipe I used ~ it was really good too ;/

Today I found several recipes for LC fudge and made one... used up LOTS of LC sweeteners and cream cheese that are expensive ~ and it's awful ;/ ;/ I tried it and immediately got nauseated. I'm so mad. Threw it away !

I hate it when I use up the expensive stuff that I have to order online and then it is no good. Really irritated right now !

i know i should just stick to whole foods ~ which I do most of the time ~ but like to have a little something if I want a snack , especially with all the sweets around at work and home last 2 weeks. Ugh.......

Can't believe I've looked all over on the internet and can't find that recipe ! Maybe a lesson learned ??
Old 12-29-2013, 08:01 PM   #1420
Big Yapper!

You made it two weeks ago and now you can't find the recipe? It was online? That sucks, Laura! What a waste of time and money and what a disappointment. I'm sorry cutie.

Your MIL had cancer in her leg? That's odd. I'm glad she's better now and has dropped so much weight. WTG, MIL!

I hope you can find your LC fudge recipe again. Sorry you had to toss the stuff you made. There was no fixing it? Boooo hissss.

Sleep well. I have to unwind now. No Restoril tonight so I'm hoping for the best.
Old 12-30-2013, 05:16 AM   #1421
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Meg41
Pardon the interuption but it was right here on LCF! You posted that your DH loved it

Chocolate fudge

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1/4 stick Unsalted butter
3oz unsweetened chocolate
1 cup swerve sweetener(powdered)
1tsp vanilla
8oz cream cheese
1/2 cup walnuts(optional)

Melt butter over low heat. Add in chocolate and melt. Add in sweetener. With a mixer, mix cream cheese, vanilla, and chocolate/butter mixture together. Add in nuts if using. Line a 8x8 pan with parchment paper and spoon in mixture. Refrigerate.
Meg41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 05:49 AM   #1422
Blabbermouth!!!

no interuption at all ! Thanks for stopping by

Actually need to admit that I posted that on the wrong blog...... so embarrassing I didn't go back and change it ~~

That's the one I didn't like, but in all honesty, I must have done something wrong or my cream cheese may have been bad or something. The recipe looks fine !

Thanks for trying to help me out !
Old 12-30-2013, 08:54 AM   #1423
Big Yapper!

Bummer! I thought your problem was solved. Nice try, Meg.

Have a good day, Laura. It's sunny here, thank God. No more rain!
Old 12-30-2013, 11:17 AM   #1424
Blabbermouth!!!

lol ! Nope , I didn't remove the post when I realized there were 2 fudge threads at the same time.
i have looked all over on LCF"s and google, and can't find the one I used. Dang... It was good too !

Dog sitting again, ran to town and ran errands and went to chiro... back has been sore this week.

Nausea last night would NOT go away, finally ate some saltine crackers ( 1st time off plan since sept or oct..) and then, since I already had something I ate some oreos
lol !

Feel fine today and no cravings. No change on scale either. happy about that.

Chicken breasts in the oven. Boiling eggs. DH will grill hamburgers later. Should be good to go for work week. Days off sure went by fast !!

Hope you are all having an awesome day !!
Old 12-30-2013, 03:32 PM   #1425
Big Yapper!

Sorry you were feeling nauseated, Laura. I get like that sometimes if I go too long without eating. I'll get hit with a wave of it but then it passes. I get that rather than the stomach growl that others get. Glad eating the crackers and oreos didn't mess with you.

Days off always do go fast, don't they? Funny how that is. I have one more shift to work and then I'm off for two. OMG. I had FIVE teenage kids helping me today and it was way more work juggling them and giving them things to do and then leading them by the hand to get some of them to do the tasks than it would have been to just do it all by myself. I am not someone who enjoys hanging with teens.

Even when I WAS a teenager, all my friends were between 18 and 21. Now I'm trapped and have to find a way to communicate simple instructions to get them to understand. Today I just asked these three girls to top-off the waters that are in the four run-in areas. I said, "Just grab a bucket from inside this grain room and use the water faucet right here and add water to the buckets in those areas." They were all dazed and confused.

I walked away and saw they were walking into the horses stalls, so I knew right away that they hadn't understood me. I went back and tried to explain it a different way. Still they were bumbling around and they wanted to know how much water to put in them. I said, "Enough to top them off without them running over." It's not rocket science, y'all. So then I see them going in the grain room and grabbing a bucket that already had water in it. Trouble was, the damn thing was plugged into the wall!

I had to go and stop them. I helped them put the water in their bucket (they needed help with that too, if you can imagine that) and then two of the girls carried the one bucket to the run-in bucket. I had to walk away at that point. I couldn't take it anymore. I won't ask them to do that stuff anymore.

I'm afraid I'm not cut out for this particular facility. I'm not good with all these newbies. I just can't change my perspective enough to appreciate them and to train them adequately. I don't understand what I'm doing wrong or how I could teach them better. I want to knock my head into a wall.

(Sorry. Should have written this on my own journal.)

Last edited by CherylB; 12-30-2013 at 03:33 PM..
Old 12-30-2013, 09:11 PM   #1426
Blabbermouth!!!

sounds so frustrating cheryl, sorry it was a rough day ;/

Cooked lots of food today and DH grilled the burgers. DS2 and fiance came over and ate too so there went some of them. lol !

The stray dog ( looks like a wolf ) is still here lol ! DH was outside and it was following him around . He tried to run it off, but it just came right back wagging it's tail.
Long story short, I opened the back door and he was playing ball with him !
Such a sweet, sweet dog and he has those blue/gray eyes. Beautiful ! Of course, he pees on everything ! DH has never let us have a boy dog because he doesn't want them peeing on tires and stuff around the house.

But, he's been fed 3 times today ( he was sooooo hungry ) and he's sleeping in the garage on a sleeping bag <3 DH says we can't keep him, but he can stay for now while we try to find someone good to take him ! He's smitten !!!

Really don't want to work New Year's Eve in the ER tomorrow ! Will say a prayer that things go smoothly and everyone is safe !

Take care and enjoy your New Year's Eve everyone !
Old 12-30-2013, 09:11 PM   #1427
Blabbermouth!!!

Enjoyed a big LC SF Hot Chocolate after my shower. Sooo good !
Old 12-30-2013, 09:19 PM   #1428
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Stray dog found a sucker!! LOL. Hope things work out for him. Probably there is someone looking for him. Will you be putting an ad out?

Hope you don't have a crazy night in ER on New Years' ...praying is a good idea!
Sleep well!
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 09:29 PM   #1429
Blabbermouth!!!

nope no ad. He had an old rope hanging from his neck like he had been tied up. I hate that and hope his owner DOESN"T find him ! He is such a sweetie and yes, I'm a huge dog lover. Hate to see one neglected or abused in any way.

I'll try to catch a pic of him and post it soon
Old 12-31-2013, 07:48 AM   #1430
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: greengeeny
Stats: 226/167.2/135
WOE: Eating less than 20 carbs a day
Start Date: September 13, 2013

Last edited by greengeeny; 12-31-2013 at 07:50 AM..
greengeeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 10:44 AM   #1431
Big Yapper!

I'm glad to hear you're taking care of that beautiful dog for now. Good luck letting him go when you find another home for him. Sounds like the kind of dog that will come back to you no matter where he gets placed. ("Homeward Bound" like).

I'm going to work in minutes but I hope you have a calm and manageable New Year's Eve at work. God bless you and Happy New Year!
Old 12-31-2013, 06:46 PM   #1432
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Happy New Year!
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 07:46 PM   #1433
Big Yapper!

Happy New Year, Laura! Hope your day at work is going well, considering the holiday. If it isn't, it's almost over.
Old 12-31-2013, 11:33 PM   #1434
Blabbermouth!!!

my shift went fine.

Happy New Year to you all ~
Old 01-01-2014, 05:19 AM   #1435
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Garden
Stats: 176/144.8/Skinny (5'4")
WOE: LC/LC
Start Date: 12/12/11(restart)10/02/13
Happy 2014 Laura!
Garden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 10:01 AM   #1436
Big Yapper!

Whew! Bullet dodged!
Old 01-01-2014, 11:19 PM   #1437
Blabbermouth!!!

Super busy, crazy day ! Oh my gosh !! I'm so tired.....

Hope you all had a great day !
Old 01-01-2014, 11:32 PM   #1438
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: greengeeny
Stats: 226/167.2/135
WOE: Eating less than 20 carbs a day
Start Date: September 13, 2013
I'm curious about the fudge recipe now too!!!
greengeeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 02:51 AM   #1439
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Garden
Stats: 176/144.8/Skinny (5'4")
WOE: LC/LC
Start Date: 12/12/11(restart)10/02/13
Rest Laura!
Garden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 08:49 AM   #1440
Big Yapper!