Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2013, 08:11 AM   #1261
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
"A much better DR"? That does not compute. WTG on the lower scale number. Sorry you have to cook more food already! Funny how it gets eaten and you have to start all over. Hope no intoxicated patients tonight.
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2013, 08:11 AM   #1262
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
oh no !! It was 70 degrees Muggy and foggy... I went 50-60 all the way..... thanks for worrying about me <3
shelby'snana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 08:13 AM   #1263
Big Yapper!

WHEW!
Old 12-05-2013, 08:13 AM   #1264
Blabbermouth!!!

we keep crossing each other lol ! The Dr. last night was a sarcastic a** and kept the ER full while he talked on the phone. The other 2 girls on my shift had words with him... tense. ... I give up. I really don't like working with him and he's here again tomorrow. Very sarcastic, makes little comments ( passive / aggressive ) I just try to ignore him.

today's dr. is a sweet lady in her 50's - quiet and sweet to staff and pt's . Love it when she's there
Old 12-05-2013, 08:19 AM   #1265
Big Yapper!

I know it. I feel like we're playing tennis or something.

The Dr! Okay. I got it now. With the capital R I didn't know what DR stood for. Yeah, he sounds like a royal creepo. He has to be a very unhappy guy. Funny how unhappiness spills out of a person and all over everyone he/she is around. Maybe pray for him.

Have a good night with the nice middle-aged female Dr.
Old 12-05-2013, 08:29 AM   #1266
Blabbermouth!!!

Yep ! Gotta get up and finish getting ready. Much happier sitting here with Allie beside the Christmas tree...... wish I could call in and stay home. lol !
Old 12-05-2013, 09:47 AM   #1267
Big Yapper!

I used to have a real problem with calling in sick when I wasn't. It was so bad that if the thought even entered my mind, I usually caved in to it. It was a terrible compulsion. Funny thing is I have never called in sick (real or fake) since starting the farm job. I know they can't find someone to do the job so I know I need to go. Plain and simple. I hope this is going to teach me (finally!) to be reliable when it comes to just "showing up" when scheduled to work, if I ever do go back to healthcare.

Have a great night, Laura.
Old 12-05-2013, 11:29 PM   #1268
Blabbermouth!!!

home from work. Cold !! 38 on the way home ! Degrees, that is . Clear and beautiful night

Just made taco soup and have clothes drying.... Gave Allie her Comfortis. She hates it. lol !

plugged in the tree so I can enjoy a few moments of it tonight. Going to have a small bowl of soup before I go to bed. Yum.....

Had my cereal/granola with almond milk for breakfast
Greek yogurt about 4pm
Small bowl of lettuce with ranch and string cheese
Another bowl of greek yogurt tonight about 10pm

I think I've had enough dairy for today lol !!!

may leave early in the morning and get a rotisserie chicken on the way to work. I will take soup too.

Hope you all are not too cold. I know if it's 38 here, y'all are freezing !

Hope you had a great night. Sleep well.

ATTITUDE is the difference between an ordeal and an ADVENTURE !!

'If you're tired of starting over, then QUIT stopping !"
Old 12-06-2013, 04:05 AM   #1269
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/170/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2, 2012
That taco soup sounds so good -- it is the Cheri's Taco Soup recipe from Linda Sue? I really want to make that. I think your menu looks really good. Greek yogurt is really, really good for you too.

I am sorry that DR was such a jerk. Your work is stressful enough without someone making obnoxious comments like that. You must be a wonderful nurse, Laura, because you are so kind, compassionate, hard-working, pragmatic and reliable. When Tony was in intensive care, I was so grateful for his nurses -- they were just fantastic in every way. Know that alot of your patients and their families really appreciate what you do.
GailyGail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 11:07 PM   #1270
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks Gail.. you always say the sweetest things Yes, it was Cheri's soup. We just love it !

Good day today.....HE was back, but not as bad as usual. We don't have him on our shift any more the rest of this month

Very sleepy today.. couldn't wait to get off. :0 Tomorrow is last shift (yay!) since we took Sun off !! Yippee !!!
I plan to do my Christmas baking and shopping this coming week and the weather will be cold ( 30'-40's ) so I will definitely be in the mood After I work my next 6 it will be the 23rd !! Wow, it's flying by....

Do you all have your tree/decorations up ?

Oh well, I think I'll go to bed early and try to get some extra rest. Almost overslept this morning, so I think I need it.

Night all !
Old 12-07-2013, 08:45 AM   #1271
Blabbermouth!!!

Good Morning

Last day of work. 35 degrees outside

Weight is still bouncing around , but is still down. !! Yippee !

All food on plan, having fried eggs in butter before work. Taking lettuce, cheese and chicken breast for a quick salad at work and will have greek yogurt, so I'm good .

Out of so many things, will have to make a HUGE shopping trip to get groceries !

Hope you all have a wonderful saturday....
Old 12-07-2013, 10:12 AM   #1272
Big Yapper!

It's your FRIDAY!! Happy for you! Also happy that it's that cold in south TX. If that keeps up, you might even see some white stuff for a short period of time. Enjoy your Christmas shopping and baking.

I don't know if I'll do much decorating. I enjoy putting things up but the taking them down is sort of depressing. I'll think it over and see. Last year I was really into it. Bought more stamps and was going to send out lots of Christmas cards. And then the Newtown massacre happened at that elementary school and we were all so devastated. I couldn't celebrate anything after that. Such a difficult and confusing time it was.

Have a good night and I'm glad you're done working with that Dr for the rest of the month. Someone needs to put him in his place when he's being a jerk. Give him a taste of his own medicine.
Old 12-07-2013, 10:32 AM   #1273
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: greengeeny
Stats: 226/167.2/135
WOE: Eating less than 20 carbs a day
Start Date: September 13, 2013
just checking in on you. it has chilled down here quite a bit as well. As for that doctor, someone with some type of power will notice soon how he acts. A patient will call in, or a nurse will anonymously report it. The bad people always seem to weed themselves out eventually.
greengeeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 11:21 PM   #1274
Blabbermouth!!!

Yes, Cheryl and GG -- so glad I don't have to work with him any more for a while .... hoping forever.

off now.
Old 12-08-2013, 05:23 AM   #1275
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/170/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2, 2012
Hey Laura, I hope you are enjoying your weekend! So glad your weight is down -- you are such a good healthy, consistent eater. I learn alot from your menus.
GailyGail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 01:55 PM   #1276
Blabbermouth!!!

Christmas music playing.... fireplace going..... Snickers and Allie cuddled in blanket on my lap Life is Good
Old 12-08-2013, 03:59 PM   #1277
Big Yapper!

Aw! Wish I had a fireplace. I guess I could turn on my electric one. Will go do that right now. There! Now I have a fireplace, too. Thanks for the idea.
Old 12-08-2013, 08:12 PM   #1278
Blabbermouth!!!

Had a nice day off Did a little laundry. DS 1 came by after work to get his stuff so I got to see him, and DS2 and Kristina came and visited for quite a while too....

Breakfast was homemade granola/cereal with almond milk.
had steaks and shrimp for supper. Slice of LC cheesecake for dessert

Nice quiet day was great after my work week. Very Blessed.
Old 12-08-2013, 08:29 PM   #1279
Big Yapper!

Yea! Sleep tight.
Old 12-09-2013, 08:32 AM   #1280
Blabbermouth!!!

scale jumping ALL OVER the place today Frustrating.

Headed to town ~ they mark all the meat down on Monday mornings, going to see if there is any left. We got up super early and then went back to bed for a snooze...... might all be gone .

Also going to Walmart, it's cold and cloudy, hoping everyone else stayed home but I doubt it.

Have a great day !
Old 12-09-2013, 09:13 AM   #1281
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: greengeeny
Stats: 226/167.2/135
WOE: Eating less than 20 carbs a day
Start Date: September 13, 2013
Hope it was a good haul for you with the meat
greengeeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 09:23 AM   #1282
Big Yapper!

Good luck!
Old 12-09-2013, 01:47 PM   #1283
Blabbermouth!!!

Yep all the marked down meat was gone..grr... just got 2 big packs of hamb meat so I can make chili or LC lasagna or something. Bought groceries and went to Walmart for lots of stuff.
Picked up Rx's - -- I made an appt next Monday with a new dr. and will try to get my Premarin changed to something else. It's $50 month , $600 / year !!! Surely I can find something else cheaper that will work.

DH insists on shopping with me .... and he HATES it ! Gets frustrated with traffic, people, lines, etc....... and then he's grumpy and I end up grumpy. ;( Really not fun.

And we still have 2 more days of shopping this week ! Ugh. Hope he doesn't do this every time !

Rainy and cold, picked up Snickers so she's not sitting in a dark house while they both work today.
Old 12-09-2013, 02:18 PM   #1284
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Early bird gets the worm! Snooze you loose...
Sorry you missed the meat deals!
Funny your DH want's to shop with you if he hates it. I'd much rather shop alone myself... and don't enjoy DH's stores... best to get dropped off, while he goes to his stores or sections.
Enjoy your time off!
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 04:46 PM   #1285
Blabbermouth!!!

Ever since our schedules changed, we have been together on all our days off - nice, but since he doesn't like shopping ( esp. Christmas shopping ).... I don't know why he goes with me !!

Then DS came over after work and was grumpy.

What's the deal ? Must be this time of year.

making chili . Watching TV with DH.

Night all.
Old 12-09-2013, 07:45 PM   #1286
Big Yapper!

Okay. I want your chili recipe. Does it rock? I have one that's very good (LC one) but I think it's a little too caloric. Maybe if I drain the burger it wouldn't be so high cal. Sure is tasty, though. Sorry for the grumpy men in your life. Finances are usually at the core of holiday grumpiness. Try to reign in the costs and they will lighten their moods. Tell them how much money you saved!

Why do we call hamburger "ham"? I always wondered about that. Anyone know? Just a curiosity of mine. The origin of names and sayings.

Night-night.
Old 12-10-2013, 06:09 AM   #1287
Blabbermouth!!!

lost my post......ugh.

Morning !
Old 12-10-2013, 06:30 AM   #1288
Blabbermouth!!!

Ok, let's try this again.

Cheryl, my chili is just meh, not special. I kinda jump dump stuff in. Chili pwd, cumin, paprika, small can tomato sauce, onion, garlic, salt, pepper, etc..... used water cause I forgot beef broth yesterday. This time I did use a little cream cheese and xanthan gum to thicken it.

Up early - went to bed early. ( I know, unusual for me.... just wanted the day to be OVER )

34 degrees this am ! Enjoying coffee ... scale is bouncing all over last 2 days, so frustrating when it was going down so good. No cheats.

I bought lots of stuff to make my holiday favorite desserts for everyone ( family and work ) . I'm still not even tempted to taste them so It'll be good to make them again. I only made the bare minimum last year and I missed it !

I will make me some LC fudge and cookies and freeze them so I can have one if I want.

Think I will have lots of greek yogurt and eggs today if we stay home. They both are soooo good and fill me up without that "full" feeling.
I'm still having my goal of 133.5 by Jan 1st !! That would be awesome !

Hope you all have a safe and wonderful day !
Old 12-10-2013, 06:36 AM   #1289
Blabbermouth!!!

Talked with DH last night about shopping. He admits he doesn't like it. But, with us living at least an hour from stores that are "worth going to" we always try to hit all the ones we need. I told him to drop me off and go to the ones he wants, he said we'll just take 2 cars !! lol ! That's stupid, ( but secretly would be more fun for me ) lol !

I think he was upset too cause he wanted this AWFUL chinese place that he likes ( I told him I would eat at home - then I said "go wherever you want ) When he went to turn in there, I said "I'm not eating that"..... so he was hungry too....... ;/

I just hate spending $20 for crappy salty food that isn't even good.

Now, a juicy steak and some broccoli and tea ?? I would have been all over that lol !
Old 12-10-2013, 09:49 AM   #1290
Big Yapper!

It's very hard to do LC and eat Chinese food; crappy or not. It's also hard to satisfy two people with differing views on things. Taking two cars is kind of nuts, from the gas and cost aspect of it but then again, he might be right. But if you took one car, when you got picked back up and were in the same vehicle again, you might have interesting things to talk about.

34 degrees? No sign of snow? You're really close to being cold enough to get some. I hope you get some soon. I posted a couple pics on my journal, just for you. I know you want it bad. Me? As long as we keep getting little snows like this, I'm okay with it. Last year showed me just how bad it can get and I'm just afraid of what might come next.

Have a nice day!