Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2013, 11:07 PM   #1231
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby'snana View Post
Nope I eat high fat all the time and the burgers were lean -- I'll be fine . Everyone else is fine as far as I know
Feel better soon!
CherylB is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2013, 07:13 AM   #1232
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
All better this morning ! Having coffee and can't wait to get home and get settled in -- need to do lots of wash and cook today and tomorrow for the work week --- also can't wait to weigh
shelby'snana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 07:16 AM   #1233
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
So glad to hear that!
Yes, I'm looking forward to getting home tonight too. Fun to go, good thing its fun to come home too!
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 10:59 AM   #1234
Blabbermouth!!!

We're home now. Unloaded fridge and freezer and then "pigged out" on leftover veggies and 2 turkey wings ..... I was so hungry ! We didn't eat breakfast . Cooked up some bacon that I didn't cook last few days and doing some laundry.

We got our tree the other day and it's on the porch. Will do it tomorrow after the people come to clean the carpet ( I swore I would never do this again, but here I am......) Can't wait to have it up !!

ttyl !
Old 12-01-2013, 11:14 AM   #1235
Big Yapper!

Have fun decorating your tree!
Old 12-01-2013, 07:14 PM   #1236
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good for you! I know that scarfing down feeling... did that last night at the restaurant! Missing meals...
Is it a real tree? Hope it lasts the season out!
Old 12-01-2013, 07:51 PM   #1237
Blabbermouth!!!

Well, got all the laundry done and made a huge pot of beef tips,gravy and a pot of mashed potatoes ( I took out a small serving of beef tips before I thickened them for DH and DS )... Thawing out big pkg of hamb meat and big pkg of chicken breasts to cook tomorrow.

Nothing sounded good to me so I had a handful of peanuts, pork rinds, then a small serving of greek yogurt. Weird huh ? They were spaced out over several hours.

People are coming to clean the carpet early in am , will decorate tree tomorrow night !! Yay ! I love Christmas time. Have watched 2 Christmas movies tonight... They are so uplifting and sweet.

Hope to see scale sts or maybe down some tomorrow. Felt weird to go 4 days without weighing :0

have a nice relaxing night ladies !

ATTITUDE is the difference between an ordeal and an ADVENTURE !!

'If you're tired of starting over, then QUIT stopping !"
Old 12-01-2013, 07:53 PM   #1238
Blabbermouth!!!

sorry ~~ yep ! It's a real tree ! We love them
Old 12-02-2013, 05:02 AM   #1239
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: greengeeny
Stats: 226/167.2/135
WOE: Eating less than 20 carbs a day
Start Date: September 13, 2013
I love real trees as well I plan on getting ours next weekend. Have a great day!!!
greengeeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 07:25 AM   #1240
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning ! The guy is here cleaning the living room carpet..... so loud !! My DS is sleeping and has to work tonight , so I hope it doesn't take long

Watched Christmas movies yesterday evening..... aw man !! I just want to watch them all day every day ! lol ! I love them <3
It is supposed to be 78 today ! Ugh...... can you say enough already with the warm weather ????
They say we'll get a norther' by sat and it will be a high of 48 That's more like it !

Last year I didn't make my toffee, peanut brittle,and all the stuff that I have always made. This year I will. I like to take it to work and give it to people as little gifts. So good ....... but I won't take a bite. No way. I would not be able to be around it at all if I did. :0

Decided on meatloaf and jalapeno popper chicken/basil pesto chicken. I will cook up the rest of the hamb meat and throw it into a ziplock in freezer for later this week and also boil some chicken breasts and do the same for quick meals later this week.
Sure makes it easy when we start running out of meals for work, I can whip something up in a few minutes

Weighed this am ;/ Up to 139.8 ~~ I did eat 3 fried eggs at midnight last night ~ not sure if that's why, since I ate them late, or just holding some water... I know I did not eat ONE bite off plan. When everyone else was saying how miserable they were Thanksgiving day and the next day at DS's Thanksgiving at his house. I was just fine I did WANT my DIL's dressing though ~~ it's the best I've ever tasted ! But, NOPE ! not going there.

Hope you all have a great day ! Will decorate tree and pretend the air conditioner is not on and I am not wearing shorts ! lol !

ttyl !
Old 12-02-2013, 10:13 AM   #1241
Big Yapper!

You're too funny, Laura. I wish you lived in a colder climate. Have you ever? Maybe if you did, you wouldn't long for it quite so much. Seasons are nice but it seems the ones I prefer are the shortest ones of all. Just my perspective, I guess. Time flies when you're having fun, as the saying goes.

Can I ask you something? Why do you clean your carpet before putting up a live Christmas tree? I would think you'd want to clean it after the tree was taken out. Just curious.

Have a great time decorating and making all your favorite treats for gift-giving! You do sound chipper and full of holiday cheer! Enjoy your day.
Old 12-02-2013, 11:01 AM   #1242
Blabbermouth!!!

Nope cheryl, I have never lived anywhere cold.....always South Texas. DH thinks I would get sick of it too...lol !

There are stains in the carpet that come back through over and over and we are having family over for Christmas eve ( and Snickers isn't having "accidents" over here anymore ) so I wanted it clean and fresh. I love Christmas and the tree skirt I have is quilted ~ and really big ~ I bought it years ago at a craft show ~ so it's pretty easy to vacuum up the needles.

Been cooking my BUNS off !! Boiled chicken, cooked hamb, made meatloaf, made a new recipe of mexican chicken ( instead of basil one ) and made the jalapeno popper chicken..... and sweet tea for the guys. Kitchen is Bombed !! I'm gonna chill for a while then I'll clean it up.

Will decorate tree after DS goes to work.... still letting carpet dry just to be sure.

have a wonderful day
Old 12-02-2013, 06:12 PM   #1243
Big Yapper!

Oh! The old "recurring carpet stain syndrome." I hate when that happens. Better to have a nice, fresh carpet then! Your tree skirt must be heavy duty if you can vacuum it. Sounds beautiful, too. Pics, please! (I know. That's my mantra.)

Have a great night. I wish I lived next door. I'd pay you to keep me fed.
Old 12-02-2013, 07:10 PM   #1244
Blabbermouth!!!

lol ! And I would feed you Yep, it's a heavy quilted one and I love it.

Can you believe they are saying 84 for tomorrow and 80 for the 2 days after that !!! Then the cold front on Fri or sat .....yay!!

My tree is up and lights are on. Put lights on the porch Will put ornaments on tomorrow night.... pretty little tree ( only a little over 6 ft ~ we used to do 8-9 ft ones ) DH did good

Carpet looks great. We just put the furniture back. Was a busy day.... hope you have a great night !
Old 12-02-2013, 07:21 PM   #1245
Big Yapper!

That's too hot! It's December, for crying out loud. Go away, heat! You can come back in a couple of months. Let people chill out for a while, will ya?

There! That should do it.

Goodnight! I'm going to bed now. Glad you got so much done and can now relax for the evening, too. WTG!
Old 12-03-2013, 08:00 AM   #1246
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning ! Having coffee....CO came in yesterday, so I am enjoying having it in my coffee again

Back to work today..... beautiful day ! Can't believe it's going to be so warm though.

Hope you all have a blessed day
Old 12-03-2013, 06:31 PM   #1247
Blabbermouth!!!

Downloaded the LCF app to my phone - never thought to do that before ! Just checking in - good shift so far
Old 12-03-2013, 07:04 PM   #1248
Big Yapper!

I didn't know you needed an ap to use LCF on the phone. Where do you get it? I just go online and go to the website. It's not fun, though. Everything is so small and I have to expand it to see anything.

I hope you have a nice night and good day tomorrow. Hope things cool off again soon.
Old 12-03-2013, 07:24 PM   #1249
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: greengeeny
Stats: 226/167.2/135
WOE: Eating less than 20 carbs a day
Start Date: September 13, 2013
Just checking in on you. I can't even imagine having my airconditioner and shorts on. lol. It's pretty pleasant the last few days, in the 40's. Tomorrow in the 50's. Ohio's weather is so crazy...one minute I am freezing my toes off, the next I am outside in a sweatshirt...possibly short sleeves. There is never a definite plan. Seasons? We have seasons all right
greengeeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 07:46 PM   #1250
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That's cool that you answered from work. Was that because of the new app? I'll have to download that too... You must of had a nice day back to work.
Old 12-03-2013, 08:01 PM   #1251
Blabbermouth!!!

I just went to apps and typed in low carb friends and there it was ! Lol ! Yes, good shift so far .... Shhh ... It's not over yet
Old 12-03-2013, 11:16 PM   #1252
Blabbermouth!!!

I understand now what you mean Cheryl, yes I could always get it through the internet on my phone, but was such a hassle.... With the app I put it on the subscription page and I could "pop in" when I had a few minutes !

Was a good day, probably won't always be able to. But I enjoy checking in with all of you and seeing what you are up to !!

Home now and tired. Won't finish the tree tonight.. Eating greek yogurt and gonna hit the bed pretty soon. Listened to Christmas music all the way home Sigh . <3

Scale was down this am, but bounced around some... yes I weighed multiple times ! lol ! Will see what it says in am. Someone at work asked me tonight if I had lost more weight Got lots of compliments on new haircut too. It's not that much different , but it 'lays' prettier.

Night night !
Old 12-03-2013, 11:19 PM   #1253
Blabbermouth!!!

GG - thanks for checking on me Hope your day got better and good luck on your applications ! Will say a prayer for you ! (hugs)
Old 12-04-2013, 06:48 AM   #1254
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/170/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2, 2012
Laura, I am so glad you got a bunch of nice compliments on your weight loss and hair too! That must be very motivating to say the least! Go you!
GailyGail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 07:30 AM   #1255
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks Gail. I think they noticed the haircut and then someone commented about weight. But, alas,......scale bounced back up this am. ;/ I am determined to get it off and stop messing around.

I read back on my journal to my 1st post last Jan.1 --- I was 145 and saying that I had been 133.5 during summer of 2012.

I don't want to keep doing this year after year. I was 5.5 lbs from goal !! I know my Dad suffering and then passing had a lot to do with it, but I know everyone goes through rough/sad times. I can do this.

Hoping to get to 133.5 before Jan 1st ~~~ may not happen, but I'll get as close as I can !!

still putting ornaments on tree. Woke up early ! Enjoying coffee with CO and cinnamon and I'll admit it :-0 Watching a christmas movie lol !
Old 12-04-2013, 09:32 AM   #1256
Big Yapper!

I think it's a great thing, to go back and read posts you wrote long ago. It really shows you how far you've come (or in my case, how far you've slid ) and it's just fun to read where your head was at, at the time.

on the compliments. You're really getting into the Christmas spirit, aren't you!

Have a great day. I'm off to learn how to use the tractor at work.
Old 12-04-2013, 11:19 PM   #1257
Blabbermouth!!!

Home now. Was not a good day at work. Went there in such a good upbeat mood and had several pt's ruin that !! Ugh...... was not a happy camper. ;/

Fog was really horrible driving home... 40 miles with very few cars on the road and couldn't see well at all. Scary stuff.

Going to watch the 10 pm news ( they re-run it at 1:30 am ) to see what's up with the front. 70 driving home and with the fog, wondering if the front is closer than I thought. That would be great .

A guy I worked with tonight said I looked smaller..... maybe I'm in for a whoosh after all ? lol ! One can only hope.

I'm beat. Ttyl ! hope you all had a great day !
Old 12-05-2013, 06:46 AM   #1258
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So great on the looking smaller compliments!
KUTGW! Hope your day goes better!
Old 12-05-2013, 08:01 AM   #1259
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning

Weight is down today. Will see if it sticks !
Cold front is supposed to blow through by 2pm It's 70's right now and muggy, but then that nasty weather is gone and will be in the 40's - low 50's for a solid week !!! I'm so happy :0

All the food I cooked is gone. Wow. I have my granola/cereal I made last week and some LC cheesecake ( that is to die for ) that was in freezer. I think I have 1 or 2 HB eggs left at work and GY. Guess I will need to make taco soup tonight when I get off. ;/Can't believe how fast it all goes with DH and I eating twice a day!! It looks like so much food when I'm done cooking it all lol !

Watching the weather channel and having a good cup of coffee Today is a MUCH better DR - she's really sweet - so it should be a much better day. And hopefully I will not have any drunk pt's today :0 I really have my patience tested with them.;/

see ya laters !!
Old 12-05-2013, 08:06 AM   #1260
Big Yapper!

That's weird it was so foggy there last night cause it's foggy here right now. Fog isn't something we see a lot here. I guess it's more common in low-lying areas near water. Come to think of it, that's exactly the description of where I live.

Sorry you had such a bad night. It's a mixed bag crap-shoot. I'd go into work with a decent attitude and my head held high and most mornings I'd leave with my head drooping and my tail between my legs, so to speak. Nurses earn every penny. I can't imagine how things are going to be in the next 5 years or so.

When you said "70", did you mean you drove that fast in the fog? That's crazy! I'm so glad you lived to tell the tale. Fog is scary stuff when you're driving on a highway. You can't assume that the road is clear ahead. Some morons may have bumped into each other and haven't pulled to the side of the road to sort out their differences. Next thing you know, things escalate and more cars are added to the accident. I know you have a long drive and you want to get home, but please be careful.