Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2013, 04:17 AM   #1171
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Garden
Stats: 176/144.8/Skinny (5'4")
WOE: LC/LC
Start Date: 12/12/11(restart)10/02/13
September is a beautiful month to get married! At least in Maryland! Don't know about weather in Texas. I know what you mean about the mother dresses! I hated the dresses at the bridal stores when my DD got married. I opted for a dressy blush sheath dress with a jacket from a local dept store!
Garden is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2013, 07:19 AM   #1172
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
morning !

DS1 came last night to work 4 days ~ brought DIL and Shelby ! She is growing so fast ....

All I ate yesterday was a salad with ribeye sliced real thin,cheese, and ranch and before bed a little serving of greek yogurt and weight still STS ! I wasn't hungry at all..... thought for sure the scale would drop ~ even exercised some and drank lots of water

I wonder sometimes if the scale doesn't "set" itself, because mine puts a * beside the weight and when you get on, it jumps to that in a flash ~ seems like it doesn't even have time to calculate the weight ! wonder if it's correct ? making up excuses aren't I ? I always weigh 3 times no matter what it says .

Today's another day..... need to get groceries and cook up a BIG batch of chicken breasts I thawed out ! I will make at least 3 ways and freeze some I'm sure.
Cooked a roast in pressure cooker yesterday and lots of okra.

Will check in later. boards have been really quiet last few days.

Back to work starting tomorrow

ATTITUDE is the difference between an ordeal and an ADVENTURE !!

'If you're tired of starting over, then QUIT stopping !"

Last edited by shelby'snana; 11-18-2013 at 07:20 AM..
shelby'snana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 10:23 AM   #1173
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
When I have been seriously in doubt about the scale's accuracy, I've been known to take the battery out, put it back on the floor, do a little dance on top of it (to make sure all was moving as it should when I stepped back on it again), replaced the battery and then reweighed. Don't think it ever supported my theory that something was stuck but you can try it next time, too! That little * would have me wondering too.

The boards really have been quiet. I think a lot of it was because it was the weekend, and then there were those terrible storms wrecking havoc in the middle of the country. And as one person explained it to me on another thread, (in a kind and funny way,) they have lives apart from LCF and can't always post.

So glad you got to see Shelby. She's such a cutie. What sorts of things is she doing now at this stage of her growth? Is her speech changing? Meaning, is she enunciating differently or more clearly? Kids say things in the cutest ways. When I was a step-grandmother (for a while, long long ago and far far away), my eldest step-grandson was talking about something in the water off the end of the little pier at a place we were all visiting. He called it a "Cwab twap."

OMG, Laura. It is sunny and 60 degrees today. It's only here for one day, then back into the 40's I think we go. I will embrace it for as long as it's here. It's so strange how the yellow jackets and other bugs think it's Spring when you get a warm up like this. They're out looking for places to build their nests.

Have a great day, sweetie.
CherylB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 12:23 PM   #1174
Blabbermouth!!!

It was in the 80's here last 2 days... very humid and 77 now. DIL and Shelby just left. I still need to cook all that chicken and run to town to get groceries !!

Shelby is very articulate..... uses big words and has a huge memory! She will be so bored in preschool/kindergarten ! lol ! So much out there for kids to learn nowadays. they are sponges !

Better get busy. Eating a piece of deer sausage/string cheese. Then, headed out !

Have a wonderful day !
Old 11-18-2013, 05:04 PM   #1175
Big Yapper!

That's great, Laura. I love brainy kids! It's exciting to see how far they will go in life. Have a great night. Back to work tomorrow, right? Hope you have an excellent week.
Old 11-18-2013, 05:12 PM   #1176
Blabbermouth!!!

Exhausted !

Bought groceries and then came home and cooked :

Poached 2 huge breasts and froze them
Cut up 3 huge breasts and made Jalapeno Popper Chicken - if you haven't tried this one, you are missing out ! It's delicious !
Cut up 2 more breasts and made a basil pesto / cheese recipe - saw someone else here make it - just improvised

Also cooked a big pot of mashed potatoes for DH and DS
Steamed broccoli

Made the roast and okra last night, so plenty of food for next few days

Cleaned up most of kitchen and then DH finished for me !
Washing sheets now, DH just bathed Allie and Snickers - they rolled in something nasty outside and stunk bad

Have a wonderful night ladies !
Old 11-18-2013, 06:23 PM   #1177
Big Yapper!

So much cooking! Wowser. Do tell how to make the chicken poppers, please. Need recipe!
Old 11-18-2013, 07:14 PM   #1178
Blabbermouth!!!

here ya go ! try it , you will go crazy for it

Jalapeno Popper Chicken by LowCarbLayla

I've been trying to be a bit more picky with giving recipes 5 stars but I just can't find anything wrong with this chicken. It just doesn't deserve 4 stars. It didn't do anything wrong so it shouldn't be punished! I found this recipe on Mommie Cooks via Pinterest and boy am I glad I did. I had some cilantro that I needed to use and I really love making cream sauces with cream cheese or Laughing Cow so this was right up my alley for the night. It was only sort of jalapeno popper tasting but that doesn't even matter because these are some fabulous flavors mixed together. If you like jalapeno, cilantro and bacon then this is the recipe for you! *INDUCTION FRIENDLY*

5 STARS
3 servings
3.3 net carbs per serving

3 chicken breasts
a sprinkle of cumin (I used about 1/2 tsp)
a sprinkle of chili powder (I used about 1/2 tsp)
a light sprinkle of salt
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 jalapenos, seeded and chopped (we are wimps so we just used 1 but I recommend 3)
4 oz full fat cream cheese
3/4 cup chicken broth
3 slices of bacon, chopped
1 TBSP chopped fresh cilantro (can use 1 tsp dried but I don't recommend)
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Pan fry the bacon until crisp. Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon but leave grease. Sprinkle cumin, chili and salt on each side of chicken breasts and pan fry in the bacon grease until cooked through, flipping half way. Remove chicken and keep warm. Throw chopped jalapeno and garlic in pan and cook for approximately 2 minutes over medium heat. Add chicken broth, scraping and deglazing the leftover yummies in the pan. Add cream cheese and stir in until melted. Add shredded cheddar and stir until melted. Add bacon crumbles and cilantro, stirring through for a minute or so. Spoon sauce over chicken.
Old 11-18-2013, 08:37 PM   #1179
Big Yapper!

Talk about "ooh la la"! Thanks for the recipe, Laura. I've sent it to myself in an email. Will make that soon. LC can be a nice way to eat. I'm so sick of being inflamed and in pain. Starches are evil!
Old 11-19-2013, 02:52 AM   #1180
Major LCF Poster!

That certainly looks like a yummy recipe Laura!

BTW - I got in trouble when I mentioned the P******** site on here. How'd you get away with it? I love, love, love P********! Gonna check out "Mommie Cooks".

Also, I've noticed that the "Albums and Photos" option is not available anymore. I know you were having trouble uploading photos. Any resolutions there?
Old 11-19-2013, 07:53 AM   #1181
Blabbermouth!!!

139.6 , 139.6 , 140.2*, 140.2 * ~~~

Getting ready for work. Have a wonderful day !
Old 11-19-2013, 08:57 AM   #1182
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
Talk about "ooh la la"! Thanks for the recipe, Laura. I've sent it to myself in an email. Will make that soon. LC can be a nice way to eat. I'm so sick of being inflamed and in pain. Starches are evil!
Yes they are ! Evil !
Old 11-19-2013, 08:58 AM   #1183
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garden View Post
That certainly looks like a yummy recipe Laura!

BTW - I got in trouble when I mentioned the P******** site on here. How'd you get away with it? I love, love, love P********! Gonna check out "Mommie Cooks".

Also, I've noticed that the "Albums and Photos" option is not available anymore. I know you were having trouble uploading photos. Any resolutions there?
Not sure , I went to the Thread " Jalapeno Popper Chicken" and just copied and pasted.

Yes there are changes..... ugh.

Have tried pics twice, no luck.... I have no patience , so I haven't messed with it again.
Old 11-19-2013, 09:15 AM   #1184
Big Yapper!

I have never been to that site that begins with the p. I will now have to go see what all the fuss is about! Have a great day, everyone. Laura, so funny how you have to weigh four times each time you weigh. OCD much? Pick a spot that seems the most level and just leave the darn thing right there. I think moving it around only gets it discombobulated.
Old 11-20-2013, 07:55 AM   #1185
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning !

trying to think of everything I ate yesterday ::

B-3 scrambled eggs in butter
s- greek yogurt
L - small amt of basil/pesto chicken with broccoli
s- 2 HB eggs / 2 oz nuts
D - roast / broccoli
s- string cheese stick

Had the munchies all day !

Ok, only weighed twice this am.
139.6 , 140.2 * ~~ whatever ~~

Started wearing all my new scrubs yesterday ~ bright cute tops and new pants too . It's amazing how much better I felt !
I ordered like 7 tops and they were all on clearance and super cheap !

I need to put all of my worn out scrubs into the garage sale ( when we have one ) Lots of too big ones......

Forgot to buy unsweetened applesauce the other day at the store, was hopping mad !! I have been buying all the stuff to make this healthy granola with dried cranberries ( yes, I spent 8 hours drying them in the oven last Sun) and then don't have one ingredient ???

Going to mix some of the nuts, un coconut,cranberries,chia, etc.... this am ~ will mix with almond milk and eat some as breakfast cereal.
next time I hit the store I will get the applesauce and make the granola !

Enough rambling...... gotta get ready !! lol !

ttyl !
Old 11-20-2013, 12:32 PM   #1186
Major LCF Poster!

I'd be doing the happy dance if I saw any of those number on my scale !

Hey - I'll trade scales with ya' !
Old 11-21-2013, 07:47 AM   #1187
Blabbermouth!!!

139.6 all 3 times today ! I'm going to claim it .

Day 3 ~~ hope it starts going by quicker...

Leaving early today, co-worker had a BD on our days off and it's a big deal there ~ they all like a special day ~ other co worker is making chicken spagetti and I am picking up salad stuff and those little crunchy crostini rounds....

AND, a rotisserie chicken for me ! I will have chicken and melted cheese on top of lettuce I love it

Can you believe ALL that food I made Sun and Mon is gone ? I guess DS1 tore into it too...... lucky that I have some sausage in freezer to take and going to have that salad for lunch !

Hope you all have a great day ! 70's and muggy here.......ugh......
Wish there was white stuff on the ground.
Old 11-21-2013, 10:19 AM   #1188
Big Yapper!

The 130's! Yahooooo! WTG, Laura! I used to love buying new scrubs in a smaller size. I used to have the cutest tops back when my weight was on the lower end of chubby.

All the food is gone? Holy smokes! You must be a good cook.

Sorry it's muggy. You're finally in the 70's and you can't even enjoy it. White stuff? How far of a drive would you need to take to find some white stuff if you were in the mood to find some? Ykwim; when the winter really moves in and there is snow in other states. I hope it's a while from now, but I'll post pics when we get some. I hope it's a LONG while from now. I wish I had a garage.

Enjoy your chicken/cheese and lettuce meal! Hope the rest of your work days go without a hitch.
Old 11-21-2013, 12:13 PM   #1189
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: greengeeny
Stats: 226/167.2/135
WOE: Eating less than 20 carbs a day
Start Date: September 13, 2013
70s sounds good to me It's in the high 30's~low 40's here. Congrats on the breakthrough on the scale!!! How exciting
greengeeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 12:19 PM   #1190
Major LCF Poster!

YAY! Laura!

Good for you making the scale stick!

I hate it when the leftovers mysteriously disappear in the middle of the night!
Kids!
Old 11-22-2013, 08:35 AM   #1191
Blabbermouth!!!

Yesterday was a terrible shift ! Worked my tail off !!! Left work late, got to bed at 2am. Thankfully feel pretty good this morning. 3 more to go......

Cool this am and drizzling rain. 52 !! yipppeeeeeee !!!!! It was thick and humid for last 2-3 days and just felt awful.

Weight is down again this am. Not surprised. Who could eat ??? I had the salad for lunch and tore the legs off the chicken and wolfed them down ( picture it, I was actually walking to clock out, detoured into break room and ripped those suckers off the bird and munched out ! ) lol . was starving !! Won't claim it though, have to wait and see.

Really feeling encouraged that scale is moving and DH has actually said he might start to work towards more LC. He already eats what I make, but will eat crackers with the chili, bread with the sausage, etc..... but he likes almost everything I eat ! Have been reading to him out of Grain Brain when we were camping. Scary about the Alz/Dementia being linked to flour/sugar..... He had to watch my Dad's horrible decline too.

NOT going in as early. Going to get there at straight up 12 ! I usually get there 20 minutes early. Nope, not today !

Down to my last smidge of CO. :0 Have ordered more, hope it gets here soon !
Out of my protein pwd too, but checked the store and they have changed brands or something cause they had 7 carbs per scoop !! WHAT ???? My other one only had 2-3 !

Ok , tt you guys later. Have a good day .
Old 11-22-2013, 08:37 AM   #1192
Blabbermouth!!!

thanks sweet friends for all the congrats. I thought that scale would never move.....
Old 11-22-2013, 09:26 AM   #1193
Big Yapper!

I'm sorry your shift was horrible. Funny, thinking of you ripping those chicken legs off on the run, though. (Was that a pun?) You're so cautious about claiming a drop on the scale. Are you equally as cautious when it goes up? Food for thought.

Hope you have an excellent last three days. Glad it's cooler!
Old 11-22-2013, 10:46 AM   #1194
Big Yapper!

Laura, that gorgeous winter image you posted on facebook caused me to fill the void I had (time-wise) before work to go searching online for pretty winter computer backgrounds. Check this one out! It's the one I chose.

It's even larger if you can find it yourself online. I googled and it was there. Very crisp and clear image, too.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Winter background, owl, deer.jpg (72.7 KB, 4 views)
Old 11-22-2013, 11:11 PM   #1195
Blabbermouth!!!

wow ! Beautiful !

good day today. so sleepy....... night all.
Old 11-23-2013, 08:17 AM   #1196
Blabbermouth!!!

Was 41 last night, and high for today is 45 ! I just love it

Weight was down even more so I "claimed" the weight from last 2 days . Will see if this one sticks or not. Only thing I have changed is the amount of tea and AS I use. Not much else that I can think of , but scale started moving so I'm happy as a clam about that.
Found some OLD horrible pics of me at work ..... oh my gosh, some people couldn't believe it was me ! Even DH said "I don't ever remember you looking like that !" Pics don't lie........ I brought some home so I can look at them and know I don't want to go back. I looked so bloated and unhealthy !

if I get time to mess with this computer and can take pics of those pics I will post them. Unbelievably sad..

co worker told me last night "Oh, we are doing a Thanksgiving meal with the other dept's on Sunday night, so can y'all bring a dessert ?" He tells me at almost midnight on Fri night ????
Guess it will be a boxed cake mix ! I'm not getting up super early to make something homemade or going to store to get a lot of ingredients with so little notice. Not how I normally am, but I've been to the store twice this week. Would have been great to have some notice !

2 more shifts ! Hope they go smooth...

Enjoy your Saturday everyone !
Old 11-23-2013, 09:52 AM   #1197
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Ah, good find on the pics! Its hard to find those, as most of us won't let anyone take a pic when we're large... least I don't & then if they did... I tear 'em up! I have a few though & remember how gross it felt.
Making a mix is more than I would do... it would be 'bakery-made.'
Hope your shifts go smooth!
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 11:43 AM   #1198
Big Yapper!

I'm with Debby. Just buy a cake or something on your way to work on Sunday. I'm assuming there has to be a decent store near the hospital. The hospital isn't out in the middle of nowhere like you are where you live, is it? Funny that they asked the LC'er to bring desert. I think people like to tempt us to see how much we can take.

I'm happy for you that it is so much cooler now. What a relief! I hate the heat. I don't know how I survived for so long in the hot locations I used to live in. I know I was much lighter then, so it was easier to handle it.

I hate pics of me when I'm fat. I think that's why I'm always the one with the camera in my hand. It's the safest place to be in the room! Laura, I'm glad you are claiming the new lower weight.

I'm off today but was up half the night so slept even later than usual. Sunny day, too. Oh well. At least I got some sleep eventually.

Have a lovely day, ladies.
Old 11-23-2013, 11:26 PM   #1199
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh well, I'm a sucker for cooking/baking. I'm making 2 things ! :0 Each dept signed up for part of the "meal" and ER was given desserts....unbeknownst to me of course . Since there are only 3 nurses and one is DH I will make 2..... Crazy I know.

but, I chose simple things that won't take long. Just had a HOT shower and waiting to hang some permanent press before I head to bed. Was going to make one tonight and one in the morning, but i'm tired. Will get them both tomorrow.

pretty good day. ready to be off though...... getting tired.

hope you all had a good day..... gonna check on the clothes and head to bed

Night all.
Old 11-24-2013, 12:02 AM   #1200
Big Yapper!

Night night! Writing this from my smartphone so we'll see if this posts or not. Sometimes smart or not, Damn thing don't work. Enjoy your baking. Sleep tight. Hot showers do help to relax. I should have taken the bath I was thinking of taking. I'm having another "all nighter." I hate insomnia.