Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2013, 06:12 PM   #1081
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
thanks Debby. We are looking forward to it !

Food today :
coffee with CO
1 string cheese
3 bites of dark meat chicken
greek yogurt
small serving of GailyGail's chicken casserole

Headache didn't go away till 6pm ~~ took tons of medicine all day and it finally gave up and left !

played outside with dogs ( snickers was here ) and Allie is pooped ! It was such a pretty day

De-boned chicken and made the casserole. Pork chops weren't thawed all the way so will do them tomorrow. Thawed out some pork ribs so DH can bbq those on the pit too

Kind of nauseated all day with my headache so didn't eat a lot today. All those medicines on an empty stomach weren't a good idea After the greek yogurt I started feeling better. Lesson learned as Debby says

Have the chicken broth and bones in the crock pot. Going to cook them till morning and then strain it and freeze in portions Better than buying it as I need it.

Hope you all had a great Sunday ! ttyl

ATTITUDE is the difference between an ordeal and an ADVENTURE !!

'If you're tired of starting over, then QUIT stopping !"
shelby'snana is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2013, 06:34 PM   #1082
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Pretty good, getting all the food done-ahead, in spite of not feeling well. I sure have it fresh in my mind, trying to get stuff done when body doesn't co-operate. Glad you're feeling better. A friend at church had to stay home today because he ate a little wheat... thought it would be ok... knocked him for a loop.
So ambitious, making soup broth! WTG!
Funny, Allie's worn out... I sometimes think another dog would be a good plan for Molly.
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 06:46 PM   #1083
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
NOOOOO! Two dogs=Twice the work. Did that, won't do it twice. And you never know how they will relate to one another. I got a field English Springer Spaniel pup. BEAUTIFUL. But she and my current dog were both of the same, alpha mentality. There were urine wars, separation anxiety destruction, and on it went. I went through such hell with the two of them. And to top it all off, the mailman taught (or rather "encouraged") the Springer to jump the fence that I put up all around the back yard, so then I had to go around the entire back yard AGAIN and extend the fence as if I were trying to keep deer out. In the end, Springer Spaniel found a new home on a lovely horse farm. All's well that ends well, but the guilt I went through over what to do for months and months took a real toll on me.

WTG on the cooking and stock-making. I have a turkey carcass that I saved to make stock with. If I don't do it asap, it's going to go bad. I'm sick of wasting food. I have carrots and onions, just need some celery and I can boil that stuff for a long time and then freeze it all up in batches. I love soup. Tis the season!

Goodnight, ladies. I've been typing my fingers off, either on my cell phone or my laptop for hours on end. I'm POOPED! Ttyt.
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 07:49 PM   #1084
Blabbermouth!!!

Yes, Allie and Snickers love each other. It took Allie a while, but they are great now They played and played and ran all over ...... Allie is not on her cable anymore . Did I tell y'all that ? A few weeks ago, she started being so good and coming when we called her. So now she is loose when outside ( we are usually out there too ).

Broth smells amazing !

Debby, i forgot to tell you that your Sunday sounded just lovely Super !

Cheryl, hope you had a great day today. Get some rest

Gail's casserole was good ! DH liked it a lot

Will do the pork chops and pork ribs tomorrow and we are running to town for Rx's and more veggies for me to cook.
Got to pick up almond milk too..... Sam's let me return the 3 pack the other day and put it on a gift card for us. I couldn't believe it

Watching football with DH and playing candy crush....addicting game

night all !
Old 11-03-2013, 08:22 PM   #1085
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Laura It sure is great to feel good again! Looks like we'll be getting that 'snow' tomorrow! Another chilling challenge! I need to figure out how to dress for it again... got so spoiled with such a warm & wonderful summer...
Glad your casserole was a hit!
Old 11-04-2013, 08:13 AM   #1086
Blabbermouth!!!

morning !

Cheryl - don't waste it, throw it all in the crock pot and leave it ! Mine had the broth, bones,onions, celery, bay leaves, etc.......

Debby - just saw your beautiful pic on FB ! Wow ~ what an amazing view you have and you know i LOVE the snow Can I come live in your "postcard" ? lol !

Fixing to get a hot shower and pour up my bone broth to freeze. Light shower outside ~ we will run to store here in a bit .

What's everyone doing today ?
Old 11-04-2013, 09:45 AM   #1087
Blabbermouth!!!

still raining...just enough to be messy ;/

Just found this on FB - someone's response about LC BBQ sauce, I might try it and throw those boneless pork ribs in the pressure cooker .

Response:
I make a melting sauce with butter, garlic, green onions, parsley, tarragon, pepper, sea salt, dash of Worcester and a dollop of sour cream mixed together in my food processor. Its amazing on top of a good steak or chicken. Even a burger or fish. You could mix up the herbs...make it your own.
Like · Reply · 3 · 27 minutes ago via mobile

Hopefully DH can grill them at least on the gas grill for a bit ~ then I'll pressure cook them so they will be super tender. May "dunk" them in this sauce
Old 11-04-2013, 05:32 PM   #1088
Blabbermouth!!!

Found this on 'Healthy Living How to ' on FB - would like to try it, but don't have hemp seeds ( don't know where to get them either ) or cocoa nibs ( I have unsweetened choc chips, maybe I could use a couple ? )

Super Food Cereal
Prep Time: 1 minute

Cook Time: 5 minutes

Yield: 1 Serving

Ingredients

1/2 oz. Raw Cacao Nibs
1/2 oz. Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
1/2 oz. Chia Seeds
1/2 oz. Sliced Almonds
1/2 oz. Hemp Seeds
1 oz. Wild Blueberries
Unsweetened Almond Milk
Vanilla Stevia
Directions

Place a cereal-sized bowl on kitchen scale and measure out ingredients.
Add unsweetened almond milk and a few drops of stevia.
Let soak for 5 minutes, top with blueberries and enjoy!

sounds good for something different !
Old 11-04-2013, 07:54 PM   #1089
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby'snana View Post
morning !
Debby - just saw your beautiful pic on FB ! Wow ~ what an amazing view you have and you know i LOVE the snow Can I come live in your "postcard" ? lol !
What's everyone doing today ?
Yep, well, load up the new 5th wheel & come on up!
I worked today. Enjoyed watching Molly experience her first snow... so cute.

Have a good evening!
Old 11-04-2013, 08:11 PM   #1090
Blabbermouth!!!

I wish !

Snow falling sounds so peaceful and from the pictures, yes, you are fixing to be in a Winter Wonderland

I bet Molly was excited to see the snow ! How neat that you were there to see her in "awe" of it

Hope work went well. I go back tomorrow for my 4 nights.

Have a good night !
Old 11-05-2013, 03:14 AM   #1091
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Garden
Stats: 176/144.8/Skinny (5'4")
WOE: LC/LC
Start Date: 12/12/11(restart)10/02/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby'snana View Post
Found this on 'Healthy Living How to ' on FB - would like to try it, but don't have hemp seeds ( don't know where to get them either ) or cocoa nibs ( I have unsweetened choc chips, maybe I could use a couple ? )

Super Food Cereal
Prep Time: 1 minute

Cook Time: 5 minutes

Yield: 1 Serving

Ingredients

1/2 oz. Raw Cacao Nibs
1/2 oz. Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
1/2 oz. Chia Seeds
1/2 oz. Sliced Almonds
1/2 oz. Hemp Seeds
1 oz. Wild Blueberries
Unsweetened Almond Milk
Vanilla Stevia
Directions

Place a cereal-sized bowl on kitchen scale and measure out ingredients.
Add unsweetened almond milk and a few drops of stevia.
Let soak for 5 minutes, top with blueberries and enjoy!

sounds good for something different !

I bet flax seeds would work too, Laura. Sounds kinda yummy...is it eaten cold or warm?
Garden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 07:55 AM   #1092
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: greengeeny
Stats: 226/167.2/135
WOE: Eating less than 20 carbs a day
Start Date: September 13, 2013
I loved your picture on facebook! Such a pretty picture out of your window. Mine is nice, but definitely not that pretty.

I definitely would love to make a homemade broth. Maybe I will buy a chicken I like to throw all of my leftover veggie scraps into a tupperware bowl with a lid and keep it in the freezer. Even little meat scraps too, from dinner. Once a week, in winter, I put the contents of the bowl into a pot of broth, and voila...surprise soup!! Always a special treat.
greengeeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 09:16 AM   #1093
Big Yapper!

"Surprise soup"! Too funny, Green. Glad you like it!

When I do my stock, I use a "stock pot" that has a straining pot that fits inside it. When I'm done boiling it and it's all ready, I just pull out the strainer and all the solids come out easy. Then when it's cooled, I pick through for the good meat and toss that back into the stock. I still haven't done it, btw. I gave the carcass the sniff test last night and it's still with us.

I agree. Debby's pics are amazing. And I love how Molly is digging it too. (The snow, I mean.) I hope everyone has a great day. Today is my fifth and final day of work. I have two days off after today but I need to go in on Thursday afternoon for a couple of hours to lead one of the horses in a lesson. They were totally desperate. Volunteers are going into hibernation already. This extended Fall semester isn't going to fly. My prediction.
Old 11-05-2013, 09:32 AM   #1094
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greengeeny View Post
I loved your picture on facebook! Such a pretty picture out of your window. Mine is nice, but definitely not that pretty
That was Debby ! Man, I wish I had that view....lovely !

morning all !

Drizzling and humid here. Just closed windows and turned on air. Sticky...

Woke up at 9 or so as usual. Drinking coffee and doing a little laundry. Boiling some eggs for work.

Put a rub/marinade on pork ribs. May just throw them in pressure cooker since it's raining.

Do any of you cook brussel sprouts ? There is a thread on here and they sound good cooked in pan with bacon ( of course ) or roasted in oven.... may do those today too Sounds good for something different.

ttyl !
Old 11-05-2013, 09:55 AM   #1095
Blabbermouth!!!

Susan, I thought it sounded good too ! think I will make my version of this now - I have some roasted pumpkin seeds in the pantry for a recipe for homemade CL cranberry granola - will put a few of those and some flax seed in there. Looks like it's cold, will try it that way !

Will let you know how it turns out
Old 11-05-2013, 10:08 AM   #1096
Big Yapper!

Laura, I was just reading what you wrote on Deb's journal about the size of your ER. I didn't realize it was such a small facility. I wonder what the average number of patients you see in a night (or day) in your ER. If you can get by with only 3 nurses and 1 MD, it mustn't be too many at one time. That doesn't go that way, though. I'm sure of that! It is probably a trickle sometimes and a flood at other times.

I love brussel sprouts. When I make them, I just put them in one of those steamer bags and pop them in the microwave and nuke them for the amount of time it says to on the bag (Ziploc brand, I think) and let them cool down a while before unzipping the bag, then I just cut them in half, salt them and dip them in mayo. My late hubby taught me about mayo and brussels. He gave me all sorts of bad eating habits.

Sorry you had to resort to putting your a/c back on. It's better than suffering, though! I hope you have a nice day, Laura. Enjoy those brussels, no matter how you cook them! (Always good with bacon, too.)
Old 11-05-2013, 10:20 AM   #1097
Blabbermouth!!!

Yeah, it's not big.... but that is a problem when it's bad... not enough rooms/only 1 Dr etc..... there are only 3 nurses from 12-12 (me) in the morning and late at night there are only 2 !! Can be crazy sometimes.

Hopefully one day they will make the ER bigger....... it's a lot busier than it was yrs ago when I was here.

Yep, needed the A/C ~` too humid !
Old 11-05-2013, 11:07 AM   #1098
Blabbermouth!!!

ok, I tried it ~ was pretty good. Decided not to use the SF choc chips - I bought them , but have never used them

Just used a tsp of each thing, didn't want to waste expensive ingredients in case I didn't like it !

unsweetened coconut
flax - 1/2 tsp
chia - 1/2 tsp
slivered almonds
pumpkin seeds
stevia
1/2 scoop of protein pwd - just because !
about 10 blueberries
unsweetened almond milk

pretty good. Might mix up all the stuff in a container and keep in fridge - or take camping - could add the blueberries and almond milk when i scoop some out to eat !

Debby is this something like you eat for breakfast ~ or used to ? I remember you ate something with hemp seeds I think.....

Last edited by shelby'snana; 11-05-2013 at 11:08 AM..
Old 11-05-2013, 12:21 PM   #1099
Major LCF Poster!

Love brussel sprouts! I get the frozen petite ones. Nuke them for a couple minutes and then roast 'em for an additional 10-15 minutes in the oven @ 425 with olive oil, salt and butter. Delicious! Lots of fiber!
Old 11-05-2013, 03:12 PM   #1100
Blabbermouth!!!

Getting ready for work.

Pork ribs were amazing ! I rubbed them with paprika,salt,pepper,onion pwd,garlic salt,seasoned salt,red pepper flakes and then soy salt and 2 tbs of BBQ sauce. Let them marinate several hours in fridge, then into the pressure cooker they went !

They were boneless and like butter.....so tender and juicy !
Had them with the brussel sprouts with bacon and onion

yum yum......

Also taking Cheryl's yummy pork chops and leftover okra....

Praying for a good week . Rain has stopped now. Allie is outside playing. She will NOT like being left alone All night long..... she pouts.
Old 11-05-2013, 04:27 PM   #1101
Big Yapper!

Wow! I love when ribs come out that way. Tough ribs are the absolute PITS. I don't bother cooking them cause I'm never happy with how they come out. I might try your recipe sometime.

Oh, man. The Brussels sound great, too. Making me hungry!

I hope you have an excellent week at work. It's cool that your dog can now be off the tie down when you are out there with her. I know I didn't comment on that before so forgive me. My head has been all over the place the last week or so. But now I have a day off and I can relax a bit.

I may even take a nice hot bath with my very last bath bombs. Need to find where to buy me some more of those. They were a gift.

Goodnight!
Old 11-05-2013, 04:57 PM   #1102
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yeah! Me too! I was going to comment on that too. Good for you! Dog that stays home!
Old 11-06-2013, 12:55 PM   #1103
Major LCF Poster!

I don't know why, but pressure cookers scare me! I guess I must have heard bad "blow up" stories about them when I was young . I just cook my ribs in the oven slow and low.
Old 11-06-2013, 01:43 PM   #1104
Blabbermouth!!!

Good night last night. Hoping for another one ! Still raining here...can't believe it ! supposed to be in the 40's by morning ! I am so excited !

scale down

Have to take DH's truck to get the 5th wheel thingy put in the bed of his truck tomorrow, and pick him up ~ of course it's in the opposite direction of work 25 miles ..then drive to work. Have to leave an hour earlier !

Take care !
Old 11-06-2013, 03:53 PM   #1105
Big Yapper!

Old 11-06-2013, 05:03 PM   #1106
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Glad last night went well... hope tonight does too!
Old 11-07-2013, 06:07 AM   #1107
Blabbermouth!!!

Was a great night So happy Hope you all enjoy your day . Sunny and cool here ! Yippee !!!! :0
Old 11-07-2013, 09:02 AM   #1108
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: greengeeny
Stats: 226/167.2/135
WOE: Eating less than 20 carbs a day
Start Date: September 13, 2013
Laura, just realized that I told you your picture out of your window was beautiful and it isn't your picture!! It's Debby's...lol.

It has rained here like crazy too. And, it is very cool. Lots of colorful leaves everywhere. I love this time of year!!!
greengeeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 10:45 AM   #1109
Big Yapper!

You're on a roll, Laura! Night shifts can be so much nicer.

We're all being rained on? It's raining here, too! It's supposed to stop by 3 but only time will tell. I have to be out in it for about an hour and a half around 3.

Time for a new holiday ticker, GG! Nice losses, BTW.
Old 11-09-2013, 01:12 PM   #1110
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm off and thankful for the 10 days off ....... sleepy, need to get moving DH is in a hurry to leave !

Have a great day !