Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2013, 11:39 PM   #991
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Good night! Me too!
DebbyL is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-2013, 04:05 AM   #992
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/170/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2, 2012
Laura, I hope you are feeling better. Have you ever tried talking a warm bath with Epsom Salts? That can help relieve tired legs and back pain. Your okra sounds good. I have never made okra but really want to after reading your post.

Hope you have a better day today!
GailyGail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 04:22 AM   #993
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Garden
Stats: 176/148/Skinny (5'4")
WOE: LC/LC
Start Date: 12/12/11(restart)10/02/13
Hope you slept well! I don't know how you keep up with the pace of being an ER nurse!
Garden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:06 AM   #994
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/bouncing again/127 5'2"
WOE: moderation
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011~ Moderation 3/15/14
morning girls !

Slept like a rock ! :0 I was really tired..... so out of shape, need to start exercising again. My legs and feet were so sore..

Yes, Gail, I wanted to at least soak my feet in hot epsom salts water. But, DS1 was sleeping down by the bathroom with the salts and the tub. So , oh well. He has to get up at 3:30 and it was already 1:30, didn't want to take a chance of waking him.
The HOT shower felt wonderful anyway. I love them !

So hoping today is easier. Weather is beautiful

Found out DH and I are both off Sunday ! Woohoo !!!!!! So, only 5 shifts and then off Sunday, then a training class for HazMat on Monday Sounds good to me

Hope you all have a blessed day !
Old 10-23-2013, 10:40 AM   #995
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby'snana View Post
just got home . Crazy busy shift..left late again ! ugh......

Felt fine except my legs and feet are killing me. Was on my feet running the whole shift, barely got to sit and chart. Had lots of bad (serious) pt's too.... kept me hopping !

just took an over the top HOT shower and fixing to hit the bed. Wow, hope tomorrow is better.

Ate GY at 4pm, steak and okra at 9:30 pm and sometime in between a cheese stick and HB egg...... super tired.

ttyl !
Oh, man! I feel your pain. "Only 5 shifts left and we get Sunday off." You sound so optimistic about those 5 shifts. More power to you, honey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garden View Post
Hope you slept well! I don't know how you keep up with the pace of being an ER nurse!
Amen. Though I worked in Telemetry and that was as nuts as the ER many nights (and days.) It was like the ocean tide. The patients would be moved out of their Tele beds and to other floors during the day, and then the tide would come back in each night and we'd get slammed with admissions. Some of which should have gone straight to ICU.

Laura, I hope the rest of your week goes smoothly and you are actually bored at times. So bored that you can kick off your shoes, put on those OR booties and go running and sliding down the halls. That used to be fun.
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 08:18 AM   #996
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That's super Laura! Hope things are going well!
Old 10-24-2013, 08:36 AM   #997
Blabbermouth!!!

morning all !

Pretty good day yesterday . Another stunning weather day ! Wish I was off.....

Day 3 today,..... will be glad when it's done. HUMP day as the camel says lol !

Hope you all enjoy your day too ! ttyl !
shelby'snana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 11:32 AM   #998
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: greengeeny
Stats: 226/167.2/135
WOE: Eating less than 20 carbs a day
Start Date: September 13, 2013
You have an amazing day too I woke up to SNOW this morning, but not much. It was a heavy wet snow, and melted by noon. Today is day one of my weekend. I always have thurs and fri off!
greengeeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 12:32 PM   #999
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Greeny!! NO!! Snow!? Oh my, that's early... Enjoy your "week-end"
Old 10-24-2013, 05:37 PM   #1000
Big Yapper!

OMG. Not snow in October! Way too soon.

Laura, hope your work week keeps going well. Rest when you can!

to everyone else out there.
Old 10-24-2013, 08:53 PM   #1001
Major LCF Poster!

We usually get a light snow in October. Halloween is usually freezing for us. November is usually very cold and snowy. Then we get a break for a while. Sometimes that is what you get when you live in Ohio
Old 10-24-2013, 08:58 PM   #1002
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yeah, very similar to here... normal for us is Halloween for our first snow. But sometimes its a week early. It was a gorgeous day here today!
Laura will have to come up & play in our snow.
Old 10-24-2013, 09:24 PM   #1003
Big Yapper!

I think Laura just might enjoy that, after roasting all those months in TX. Been there, done that! Snow is wonderful when you can go and enjoy it and then head back home to where it's in the 60's and 70's.

A good Fall for us in CT is pretty mild (50's/40's) through Thanksgiving, then winter moves in to stay. But a couple Octobers back is when we had that wicked snow storm just a day or so before Halloween and it did so much damage to trees and our power was down. Some people were out of electricity (and all that goes with it) for over a week. I was down for 3 days and decided out of desperation that I was going to get up that morning and drive south with my dog until I found a motel 6 that had power (they accept dogs.) Then at about 0500 the power came on.

I had been camping out on the floor in the one room where the fireplace was. My allergies were going berserk from candles and all that wood burning and kerosene oil in lamps, etc. I just couldn't take another day of it. Thankfully, that was the end of my misery. And the hell of it was NOT KNOWING when it would come back on. Listening to the radio day after day, there was no indication when it would be restored.

So, anything can happen here in good old New England. I'm hoping for Thanksgiving!

Last edited by CherylB; 10-24-2013 at 09:26 PM..
Old 10-25-2013, 11:43 PM   #1004
Blabbermouth!!!

laura would love to go !! lol ! It's been upper 70's here during day and mid 60's at night !

Well friends, the last 2 days were not good. ( Today was awesome though ) Really tough stuff at work. It's hard when kids try to hurt themselves and they have terrible home lives....... ;/ makes me so sad and stressed.

Weird stuff happening at work too....... I work with 2 other girls - 1 is pregnant, the other is one of the "hostesses" for her baby shower. I wasn't asked to be one. They have started whispering and stuff.......just too weird. They hang out and go shopping and stuff on our days off ~ I live 40 miles away and am off with DH so I don't go when they invite me. I guess it's causing a slight problem. Don't know.... but I really felt down yesterday stressed out and having headaches everyday is not helping.

Praying about it. Probably just me blowing it out of proportion, but getting to me none the less...

Like I said , today was great and I'm praying tomorrow is too ! Off Sunday !!

Food today :

cheese stick
southwestern soup
wings
2 HB eggs

Need to get to bed . ttyl !

Last edited by shelby'snana; 10-25-2013 at 11:44 PM..
Old 10-26-2013, 08:03 AM   #1005
Blabbermouth!!!

sorry about the rant last night. Just tired I guess.....

Weight up 1# today...wings I guess. ;/

last day , then off tomorrow ! Can't wait

Have a great day everyone !
Old 10-26-2013, 08:18 AM   #1006
Major LCF Poster!

I went for wings two nights ago, and was pleasantly surprised that they had an appetizer of "pepperoni crisps" served with ranch. They just fry pepperonis!! I never had that before and they were amazing. With wings, you can never TRULY tell until the next day. I learned that at Applebee's they lightly dust theirs with flour before cooking. It makes their wings one carb a piece before the sauces are even added!!!! ugh. I was so upset when I found out because my sister and I go there for wings often, but not anymore!!! I am sure the weight will drop back down. Have a great weekend!!!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...eightress.html

Old 10-26-2013, 09:09 AM   #1007
Big Yapper!

I'm sorry for your difficult days at work. And can relate to feeling left out of things and talked about (whispering going on you said.) People are so weird, Laura. Maybe they've interpreted your not wanting to go out with them as a thing against them. I will never understand people but the more I learn about what other people are perceiving about situations involving me, they are so far off the mark. I would try really hard to just leave it with the Lord and not read anything into it. I know it's hard, but that's all you can do.

So exciting about the change in your weather! I know that makes you . Have a great weekend, Laura. You deserve it.
Old 10-26-2013, 09:18 AM   #1008
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sorry you had that hard day. Also hope that you are reassured today about those relationships... my head does weird things to my mind when I am over-tire-over-stressed. Hopefully that is all it is.

Have a blessed day!
Old 10-26-2013, 11:26 PM   #1009
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh green, glad you found out about those wings ! You are doing awesome BTW

Yes, Cheryl, so glad it's cooler I think we all misinterpret things about each other too I had a headache anyway and with my bad pts ( teens ) 2 days in a row, I was stressed for sure. Thanks to you and Debby for the and

Today was better. No weird whispering stuff today.

Funny story, they decided to watch a "comedian" on the internet with FOUL language, lots of racist comments. Using "f" "gd" and "n" all the way through it. Said before they started Laura , if this offends you let us know . ~~ they laughed so hard people came - even the Dr - to see what they were all laughing at. They ended up with 6-8 people around the computer ! I just ignored them and surfed the internet, went to the break room, prayed, etc..... trying not to listen. It was awful. I'm no prude and I'm certainly not perfect but it was BAD

And guess what happened ?? A patient came in and they had to turn it off. Guess who the pt was ? A minister !

I told them later, y'all were listening to that trash and God sent a minister

They didn't think so, but I do !

off tomorrow .

Night all ! Thanks for all your support and friendship
Old 10-27-2013, 01:01 AM   #1010
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm still up ! Chilling knowing I'm off tomorrow ! Washed my tennis shoes from work. Boy did they need it this week ( I clorox and wash them every time I'm off )

Hope to sleep soon :0 Night !
Old 10-27-2013, 08:51 AM   #1011
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That's good!
Have a great day off!
Old 10-27-2013, 10:15 AM   #1012
Big Yapper!

God doth have a sense of humor. I hate that kind of filthy "comedy" too. If they are funny, they wouldn't need to utilize all that language to get a laugh. It just shows their lack of vocabulary, that's all.

Have you ever seen "Thou Shalt Laugh"? You can see it on Netflix if you have it. There are many of them but I've only seen the first and second ones. All Christian comedians and very funny. Clever and clean comedy. You can't beat it!

That's great that you always disinfect and wash your shoes. Don't they shrink or wrinkle up inside? What kind of shoes are they? I always wore nurses shoes.

Have a great couple of days off and I hope you enjoy your time doing something fun and relaxing.
Old 10-27-2013, 11:30 AM   #1013
Blabbermouth!!!

morning ! Went to sleep at 3am and then slept in till 11:30 ! Wow , that felt good

Washed shoes, have about 3-4 loads of laundry to do now... DH is watching football, DS2 just came by for a few minutes and I'm thawing out bacon - for poppers - and a roast for today or tomorrow .

Class 8-4 tomorrow, need to make a grocery list. Hope we swing by and see Shelby too while we are over there.

Beautiful warm sunny day here. Hope you all have a wonderful Sunday !
Old 10-27-2013, 11:30 AM   #1014
Blabbermouth!!!

i'll check that out on netflix Cheryl. have never heard of it ! Thanks !
Old 10-27-2013, 07:39 PM   #1015
Blabbermouth!!!

Ugh. DH wanted to go out to eat. I picked BBQ so I could get brisket and pickles only . They were closed. We ended up at DH's chinese place he likes. Yucky... ate meat and veggies, but I could taste the sweet on it. We were in a hurry so we could go get groceries so I just ate it.

Tomorrow is class and he wants mexican food. Fajita taco salad ( no shell ) here I come !!! i'm sure I'll be up on scale tomorrow ;/
Old 10-27-2013, 08:58 PM   #1016
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Too bad its so hard to find decent food at restaurants. Yum! Fajitas!
Old 10-28-2013, 06:34 AM   #1017
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/170/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2, 2012
You are doing great Laura! I love your story about the minister coming and asking them to turn off the filthy program. Don't worry about those two at work -- they are probably whispering about stuff that has nothing to do with you. Besides you are so well-loved by so many people for all the right reasons -- you are kind, smart, funny, genuine, honest and hard-working, just to name a few.
GailyGail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 09:35 AM   #1018
Big Yapper!

If you're up a little on the scale, you know it's just water weight. Not to worry, dahling. Do check out the "Thou Shalt Laugh" and "Thou Shalt Laugh, the Deuce" on Netflix. I hope they are still available. Some things get taken down after a while. When they take these two down, I hope they put up a few more of them!
Old 10-28-2013, 09:37 AM   #1019
Major LCF Poster!

ha ha, great story!! Glad somebody said something, or else they would be doing that all of the time!

Thank you for the compliments. I am so happy I got through my hardest hurdle, which is about 1-2 weeks in. I usually binge and everything is out the door. This time I have been much more dedicated.

Unfortunately, I have found out other things are dipped in a simple flour coating as well. My beloved Chicken Scallopine and Chicken Marsala from work!! I have been ordering them with a side of asparagus instead of pasta. Imagine my surprise when I watched them make it the last time!!! It is amazing the things that restaurants do to make food taste the way it does.
Old 10-28-2013, 06:09 PM   #1020
Blabbermouth!!!

sorry I mislead you guys I guess. She didn't ask them to turn it off, they just had to cause there was a pt.!! I thought it was funny though

Busy day, Just got home. Tired - watching Criminal Minds with DH.