Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2013, 11:54 AM   #841
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
lol ! Hasn't been talked about at all ......... as usual.
shelby'snana is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-2013, 05:27 PM   #842
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Even with the ongoing pain? I think a decision needs to be made. You're in TX, for cryin' out loud. It's not like it's going to get cold and snowy and the dog won't be tied outdoors every day for a few months. "Put your foot down."
CherylB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 05:56 PM   #843
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/170/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2, 2012
Laura, 141 is such a fantastic weight! Congratulations! You must look amazingly gorgeous. You worked hard to get there and I admire you for it. Your husband's brisket sounds divine and I love the veggies you cooked -- summer squash, swiss chard, yum! It is great that you do so well on your low carb plan with all of your responsibilities -- full time job (nursing is super demanding), taking care of your husband, kids, Shelby and dogs etc.
GailyGail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 06:15 PM   #844
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby'snana View Post
Forgot to tell ya !

141.0 this morning ! Happy girl here !

Seems like when I stress about losing I gain or STS, but when I don't stress and just eat good food it comes right off
Whoo Hoo!! You'll be entering the 130's soon!
Yep, just like people trying to get pregnant, huh?
DebbyL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 06:23 PM   #845
Blabbermouth!!!

Cheryl - allie is outside for about 30 minutes at a time then back in the house ! I have been being very very careful .......

Gail - you are so sweet ! Always so positive !!

Debby - 130's would be great ! lol ! I guess it is like trying to get pregnant
Old 09-23-2013, 06:29 PM   #846
Big Yapper!

Well, okay. If only 30 minutes at a time, I can see why the fence hasn't been an issue that's been pushed. Sleep tight, Laura.
Old 09-24-2013, 08:14 AM   #847
Blabbermouth!!!

Weight STS today..141.0

Getting ready for work...... praying for a good week !

hope you all have a great day
Old 09-24-2013, 11:23 PM   #848
Blabbermouth!!!

Really long day at work ~ busy busy !! I'm tired.....

Stayed on plan with my food, although I did let myself get TOO hungry and started having that anxious feeling like I just wanted to grab anything. But I didn't

lots of new changes at work ~ stressful. Trying not to let them get to me. DH is stressed too.

Hope you all had a great day. Off to bed....
Old 09-25-2013, 06:54 AM   #849
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ah, sorry your first day back to work had to be stressful. Hope you wake up feeling refreshed & equipped to handle change... I hate change too
Have a blessed day!
Old 09-25-2013, 08:16 AM   #850
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks Debby ....... slept good so hopefully today will be better

Scale is up 142.2 ..... ??? Makes me crazy when it does that ! I know I didn't drink enough yesterday. Too busy . But I didn't eat off plan.
They were having a birthday for a guy at work, chips, dip,cake,etc.......and I didn't touch one bite !! Ugh.

Thinking of taking off the weekend in the middle of Oct to take Shelby to a Halloween festival ... it's a few hours from here and has a petting zoo, all the pumpkins, lots of kid stuff and it should be cooler as it's north of here. She would love it ! For anyone who knows Texas, it's up around Chappel Hill - Brenham area. Might could take her to the Blue Bell factory too ~ that kid loves ice cream

Not sure what to think about all the changes at work. No raises for 4 yrs and none in sight. They are nit-picking everything to death - new management every few years there. ;( I know DH is frustrated that he changed to come work there. BUT , we both love having the schedule that we have. It would be hard to give up !

Gotta go get ready.....have a wonderful day everyone !

ATTITUDE is the difference between an ordeal and an ADVENTURE !!
Old 09-25-2013, 10:53 AM   #851
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: cfine
Stats: 276/222/199
Start Date: April 2012
Looking good, Laura!
cfine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 12:27 PM   #852
Big Yapper!

Laura, what sort of changes are happening at work? Just curious cause I'm not in healthcare anymore. PM me if it's something that borders on talking about something verboten on the board. IYKWIM.

WTG on avoiding all the junk food at the birthday work thing. That trip you're planning with Shelby sounds like so much fun! I'd love to go, too. Okay. Now I read what you wrote about the changes at work. Do you get differentials? I used to make so much more money for working nights and weekends. Then the holidays, too. My best-paying job was the one I was working for the last 3.5 years here in CT before I went on disability. They had a union, too. They paid nurses a rate for how many years you've been an RN rather than what area of the hospital you worked in (Med/surg or critical care.) That was something I'd never seen anywhere else I'd ever worked.

Thinking of all that money and how my life could be different if I could have stayed with it is so bitter sweet. If I was still working, I'd just go out and buy another car rather than trying to keep this one going. But I wouldn't have all my horse stories!

Have a nice day, ladies.
Old 09-25-2013, 05:07 PM   #853
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

[QUOTE=shelby'snana;16618511]Thanks Debby ....... slept good so hopefully today will be better
Scale is up 142.2 ..... ??? Makes me crazy when it does that ! I know I didn't drink enough yesterday. Too busy . But I didn't eat off plan.
They were having a birthday for a guy at work, chips, dip,cake,etc.......and I didn't touch one bite !! Ugh./QUOTE]
Yep! Stress strikes again! That's what happens to the scale... also the water... I've been missing my water too, opting for coffee all day long oops! We both better smarten up!
Old 09-26-2013, 09:29 PM   #854
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hope you're doing well Laura!! I imagine you had to work overtime.
Old 09-27-2013, 03:49 AM   #855
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/170/130
Start Date: January 2, 2012
Laura, changes at work are so hard. I hope things stabilize and get better over time. I love the idea of you taking Shelby to the Halloween festival. That sounds like so much fun! This is such a great time of year.

Don't get down about the 142 -- you will get rid of that 2 pounds of stress weight in no time. Pat yourself on the back for resisting all the treats and goodies at work during a stressful time in the workplace. It is a really tough thing to do.
GailyGail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 03:30 PM   #856
Blabbermouth!!!

crazy week. Working nights tonight with DH ! Will check in later.

Hope everyone had a great week !
Old 09-29-2013, 08:40 PM   #857
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Laura!!
I'm so happy/relieved to see you here today!! I was getting worried. Glad you're ok God bless!
Old 09-30-2013, 12:06 PM   #858
Blabbermouth!!!

Super busy week at work ! I was exhausted !! then a co-worker blew out his knee during the shift Sat night and couldn't work Sun night, so I said I would so DH and I could ride together and work all night together.......and I got to sleep late !! yay !!

Got 3 loads of laundry done, trash out, dishes all done, thawed out meat for today, played with dog.--- then went to work and had a great night ! Happy Girl here

We bought groceries this morning so I don't have to go anywhere today. Just took a nap and will try to go to bed on time tonight .

Haven't stayed completely on plan ... not too bad just a few bites here and there. Hope it doesn't mess my tummy up ! Was super stressed at times, just couldn't catch a break at work. Man, I miss working nights...;/

DH will grill steaks and I'm going to flash fry some seasoned cube steaks ( super duper tender ) and make a salad, then will have lunch tomorrow taken care of. - already thawed the cube steaks yesterday so I need to cook them with some mushrooms and HWC for gravy.....yum.

ttyl !
Old 09-30-2013, 06:59 PM   #859
Big Yapper!

I loved working nights. Day shift was always so CRAZY! Nights can be crazy too but the days are almost guaranteed to be nuts. WAY too many people cruising around the halls. I'm glad you are settling back down into a more normal pattern.

How do you make your "flash-fried seasoned cube steaks"? Do you pound the heck out of them? Tell me more. You are making me hungry, woman. How do you make the gravy? I used to use Xanthan gum but it gave gravies a sliminess that I really couldn't stand after the first couple tries. I think if I'm going to make exceptions, it will be a thickener in the drippings so I can have real gravy on my meats.

You reminded me that it's trash night but I took a hot soaking bath (Epsom salts and some Opium bath gel) and now all I want to do is "chill." I should take baths more often. It sure felt good.
Old 10-01-2013, 10:21 AM   #860
Blabbermouth!!!

well Cheryl, I was a dummy. Thought I bought the ones that were pre-tenderized and then when I threw them into the pan to quick fry, I realized it was just reg round steak ( tough )
Yikes ! I went ahead and cooked them quickly in the skillet, then took out and added mushrooms, white wine, and then HWC at the end ( I did put a pinch of xanthan gum at the end, but couldn't tell if it really mattered )

Just now I took the meat out of the fridge - wiped the gravy and mushrooms off of them - and put the meat only into my pressure cooker to tenderize them.

Will bake off a spagetti squash and have it over that

Chillin' right now....raining here off and on.
Old 10-01-2013, 10:24 AM   #861
Blabbermouth!!!

Yes, I work the busiest time of day. The day shift gets a break most mornings and night shift gets a break after 1am, but I never catch a break with my shift !! Frustrating !
Old 10-01-2013, 10:41 AM   #862
Big Yapper!

Your steak story was frustrating, even to read! Sorry for the trouble you had with them. I'm about to dive back into LC this month. I joined an October "challenge" thread. So far, two people have posted after I did and nary a single "welcome, Cheryl!" If they are that way, I may not bother sharing with them. I hate when people just post their stuff and go on with their day. Phooey on all of you who do that!

Have a great day, Laura. I will begin LC in a day or two. Tomorrow I cook a nice meal for my sister and her hubby. It's long overdue. I'm making a beef stew, peach cobbler, some fresh rolls (probably the frozen kind that come in a tube) and my Mom is making a tossed salad and bringing a bottle of wine. See why the diet must wait a day or so? Uh huh.
Old 10-01-2013, 08:54 PM   #863
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby'snana View Post
Super busy week at work ! I was exhausted !! then a co-worker blew out his knee during the shift Sat night and couldn't work Sun night, so I said I would so DH and I could ride together and work all night together.......and I got to sleep late !! yay !!

Got 3 loads of laundry done, trash out, dishes all done, thawed out meat for today, played with dog.--- then went to work and had a great night ! Happy Girl here

We bought groceries this morning so I don't have to go anywhere today. Just took a nap and will try to go to bed on time tonight .

Haven't stayed completely on plan ... not too bad just a few bites here and there. Hope it doesn't mess my tummy up ! Was super stressed at times, just couldn't catch a break at work. Man, I miss working nights...;/

DH will grill steaks and I'm going to flash fry some seasoned cube steaks ( super duper tender ) and make a salad, then will have lunch tomorrow taken care of. - already thawed the cube steaks yesterday so I need to cook them with some mushrooms and HWC for gravy.....yum.

ttyl !
Sounds like a very good, productive day! Hope you get rested up too! What a week!
Old 10-01-2013, 09:37 PM   #864
Blabbermouth!!!

Debby and Cheryl, hope you had a good evening ...... we caught up on our favorite shows season premieres

Law and Order : SVU and Criminal Minds

We love them

Made spagetti squash and had the steaks and gravy over that with leftover broccoli. Also green beans with bacon grease and butter

Tomorrow I'm getting my hair done ( needs it bad ) and going to dinner with my friend - we didn't get to go on last days off.

DH wants me to keep my hair longer and I am ready to cut it up shorter - I'm going to get highlights tomorrow. I like it better that way........and that's my only vice ! I don't smoke, drink (occas) and I don't spend tons of money on other things. lol ! (except food )

have a good night !
Old 10-01-2013, 09:39 PM   #865
Blabbermouth!!!

plan to do my hair like this in my avatar !
Old 10-02-2013, 04:26 AM   #866
Big Yapper!

I like your hair that way. I think I'm going to highlight my hair, too. I'm going to do it myself at home, though. The woman who cut my hair this time gave me a price of $80 to highlight it! I think that was just for the highlights and not any cutting that might be needed at that same time. I can't afford that so I'll do it myself.

I love the meal you described! I have never made a spaghetti squash. It's high-time I did, huh! Is it really a decent substitute for spaghetti? I bought one of those Spirooli (sp?) things and have yet to use it. It turns zucchinis into a spaghetti-like food. I really should try it finally. Especially now that I'm going into LC again soon. I think I will!

Have a fabulous day.
Old 10-02-2013, 09:15 AM   #867
Blabbermouth!!!

yeah I like it a lot ! Just throw a whole squash into oven for an hour or so. Let it cool and scoop out all the seeds and middle part. Then take a fork and shred it out of the shell ! Easy - salt,pepper and butter.

I love zucchini noodles for spagetti too
Old 10-02-2013, 09:24 AM   #868
Big Yapper!

Wow! That really IS easy. Must try soon.
Old 10-02-2013, 07:13 PM   #869
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I had spaghetti squash for dinner too. Yep, easy! I put coconut oil & br.sug.sub. on it.
Hope you had a good day & evening. So glad you're getting time off again!

Yes, I like that hair-do on you too. Looks easy to upkeep, is it?
Old 10-02-2013, 09:48 PM   #870
Blabbermouth!!!

Well, good day today . Ran lots of errands and got my hair highlighted and cut ! Feels so much better !

Food today :
coffee with co
2 fried eggs with butter
greek yogurt with SF drink mix
celery with almond butter
10 grapes
1 stick of moz cheese

I'm still hungry - ok the munchies - but NOT going to have ice cream ! I had some 3 times this week !! ;/
Didn't have any meals today, just snacks, so I guess I needed to eat a solid meal. May have something else before I go to sleep. DH just put in a movie so we'll be up a while.

night all !