Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2013, 10:19 AM   #811
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
LOVE the pics. To us (not having seen the real thing), we can see the beauty of the place. The one of you in the water, I thought it must have been a pool. Then the next one showed how blue and clear the sea water was and I was amazed. No wonder you had such a great time. It was brave of you to post that pic with you holding the cup. We all have tons of pics of ourselves just like that one. You didn't look so bad.

I'm so sorry you are not experiencing induction flu after all. How odd that your ankle is kicking up again. Maybe you should go to the drug store and buy one of those off the shelf braces for it. I've seen the ones they sell for knees so the must have ankle ones, too. It might give it stability that will allow you to sleep better during the night.

Too cute that you gave Shelby back to her Mom. That's what Grandparents always say. They get to love on them and spoil them, then send them on their way! The best of both worlds.

I hope you feel better soon, Laura. Thank you for the pictures. They're really beautiful.
CherylB is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-2013, 02:36 PM   #812
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Sorry you're not feeling well. Hope it gets better as the day goes on.
DebbyL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 07:25 PM   #813
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
We went to town and bought groceries and went to a wonderful BBQ place . i had brisket and pickles. That's it ! And it was very good

Got lots and lots of fresh produce Supposed to rain next few days, so I can get lots of cooking done .

Underwater pics -- ugh..... over 1/2 of them didn't turn out AT ALL !! They make you pay for them all since they had to be sent off to be developed. We won't do that again.;/ What a waste. $20 for cameras, $20 for development, and then only like 10 pics and none of them are great .

Making jalapeno poppers tomorrow for sure ! I'm really craving them Yum.

had my hot shower and gonna watch some TV and then hit the hay ! Night !

ATTITUDE is the difference between an ordeal and an ADVENTURE !!

'If you're tired of starting over, then QUIT stopping !"
shelby'snana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 08:43 PM   #814
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Nice dinner
Yeah, we have a digital camera supposed to take good underwater pics. They never turn out. Just pick up the water. Must be an art to taking them.

Have a good evening!
Old 09-20-2013, 10:05 AM   #815
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning !

Wrapped my foot/ankle with ace wrap last night and I still was awake for about 1hr last night with it throbbing . Not sure what is going on.

Raining here today. DH made Allie an appt this afternoon for Petsmart - it's 1hr from home - not sure if I will go or not. He wants to run to Lowe's . We will see how bored I am by then
If I go we will eat out while there

We were supposed to clean out closets on these days off and go through house to get ready for a garage sale .... hasn't happened. Not one bit But, honestly, I don't feel like standing on my foot/ankle for long periods of time anyway.

If I stay home I will start cooking lots of yummy foods. They are saying we might get some cool weather next week ! I will be working and won't get to enjoy it . Bummer

Hope you are all having a wonderful day !
Old 09-20-2013, 11:49 AM   #816
Big Yapper!

I'm sorry your ankle is still bothering you so much. My next suggestion would be massaging some analgesic cream into it and trying to elevate it on a pillow. Do you sleep on your side? That won't work, if so. I'm a side sleeper myself. How are things moving along on the whole fencing-in-the-yard situation?

Yea for cooler weather! Take time and go outside whenever you can while you're at work. But beware! That's how I started smoking again. I'd go out with my smoker friends on our breaks and if I was having a crappy shift, I'd bum one. I hadn't smoked for over 11 years before then.

That's so disappointing about the underwater pics. I wish they had turned out better. I found an underwater Minolta camera at a Good Will store once and I snatched it up. I just figured "Minolta=35 mm film." Nope! And you can't buy the film it takes anymore. Good thing I didn't pay more than a few bucks for it.

All the walking you do at work must really aggravate your ankle. Do you feel the pain when at work or is it only during sleep? Just curious.

Have a great day.

Last edited by CherylB; 09-20-2013 at 11:50 AM..
Old 09-20-2013, 08:20 PM   #817
Blabbermouth!!!

yes, it was such a let-down that pics didn't turn out - I was so looking forward to them !

Ankle is better for now, but it was yesterday for a while too, then keeps waking me up ;/ I do keep it on pillow and had it wrapped last night.... may rub the IcyHot on it tonight ?

Usually don't get breaks to go outside much at work. It's been extremely busy last 3 weeks or so..... hope it slows down some soon !! I HATE cigarette smoke, so no worries there !! Ugh......can't stand that smell. ;/

We took Allie to get her bath / nails done. Tried a new restaurant that DH was told was very good... boo...... it was NOT good and gave me terrible indigestion ! DH and I were both nauseated after we left there. What a waste of $30 ! I did order LC though

Picked up Snickers ( ds2's daschund ) sp....... they are in Houston looking for a new vehicle. Bathed her.... she stunk bad. ( and Allie was fresh from the groomers )- they are playing now.

Weight today and yesterday was 144.6 - hope there was nothing hidden in my food tonight that will make weight go UP .

night all !
Old 09-20-2013, 08:21 PM   #818
Blabbermouth!!!

Ankle/foot hurts during the day, but is especially aggravating when it wakes me up !!!
Old 09-20-2013, 08:49 PM   #819
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sorry your ankle is still bad. Do you have any arnica? It helps it heal, also the cream is nice... I use that AND the pain-cream... I still have tendonitis in the wrist. Trying new exercises for it & it might be helping, plus learning to avoid using that wrist as much.

Bummer that your dinner wasn't good. It is a shame when you pay good $$ for something that's not as nice as home... although, you didn't have to cook or clean up! That's my fav. part of going out!

I am quite enjoying my new foods. Hoping that I can up my calories soon too.

Have a good rest!
Old 09-20-2013, 08:51 PM   #820
Blabbermouth!!!

i've never heard of it. Just taking motrin and staying off of it for the most part .......
Old 09-20-2013, 09:04 PM   #821
Blabbermouth!!!

I forgot to tell y'all that I ordered 'Grain Brain' today. It discusses how Alz/Dementia can be caused by sugar/flour and how we can help prevent these with LC WOE ! I'm excited to read it. I posted a link on FB earlier today about it.......
Old 09-20-2013, 09:07 PM   #822
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby'snana View Post
I forgot to tell y'all that I ordered 'Grain Brain' today. It discusses how Alz/Dementia can be caused by sugar/flour and how we can help prevent these with LC WOE ! I'm excited to read it. I posted a link on FB earlier today about it.......
Cool, you can share the knowledge with us!
Arnica is a homeopathic cure for injuries & muscles.
Old 09-20-2013, 09:25 PM   #823
Big Yapper!

I wholly agree with you about cigarette smoke. I don't know how I ever smoked all those years. Now if I just catch the slightest whiff of it in the air (outdoors, from when my manager is sneaking a smoke,) I'm coughing violently and I don't even know what caused it. My lungs must be so happy to be "clean" now. I feel really sorry for all the years I was a stinky nurse at patient's bedsides. If I had it all to do over again, I'd do it differently.

I hope you have a much better night's sleep tonight and that whatever you do for your ankle, it works. Glad the dachshund isn't stinky anymore. I love how dogs rip around the house and yard after they get a bath. They seem to hate it so much while it's happening but they're never so happy as after they're cleaned up. Maybe it's because they can't wait to get dirty again?
Old 09-20-2013, 09:29 PM   #824
Blabbermouth!!!

probably...... lol ! she's such a sweetie ~~ they are having a lot of trouble potty training her ( their rental house has BAD carpet and she keeps peeing on it - smells it and "marks" her spot ) ~~ When she's here, I put her out - and go out with her to tell her "good dog, good girl" every 30 minutes - 1hr and she does well.

They kept Allie while we were gone 7 days, so I may keep her next time I'm off and see what I can do. They put her in her crate and leave her in there when she messes up. Makes me furious. ;/ She needs more attention and play time ! I don't like kennels at all........
Can you tell I'm a dog lover ?? lol ?
Old 09-20-2013, 09:38 PM   #825
Big Yapper!

Oh, that's a terrible situation. Dog's and old, stained carpeting. You just can never get those odors out and with their highly sensitive snouts, they can't help but do what comes naturally. Poor baby! I don't think crating a dog is bad as long as it's done responsibly. I don't think crates should be used as punishment but as their safe haven. But what do I know? I don't own a crate.

I'm blessed to have a huge bathroom with a tile floor, though. When I want to limit Cisco's access to the house for whatever the reason, I can just block her in there. I used to have a child gate but the neighbors upstairs asked to borrow it one day and that was about 4 months ago. Didn't think I was losing it for good. Ridiculous, don't you think? I mean, go buy one if you need it for that long. I'll probably just go buy another. Cisco hates when I put her in the bathroom and close the door. With the child gate, she doesn't feel cut off from the world.

That's great that you put that time into potty training her to go outside when she's with you. She's probably thanking God for every time she can come over! She knows what's good and what isn't good and there's no confusion.
Old 09-21-2013, 10:31 AM   #826
Blabbermouth!!!

They picked up Snickers around 2am.......they were tired and frustrated ( slick car salesmen giving them the runaround ) I still gave them an earful about puppies ! Couldn't help myself !

Slept in till 12:00 !!! No ankle pain either !

Weight this am 142.6 ! Down 2#'s ! I'll take it

Food yesterday was simple :
coffee with CO - greek yogurt with SF drink mix pwd
Chicken breast with onions, mushrooms and salad with TI dressing ( yuck )
greek yogurt again

Stopped raining but yard has water standing. Those mosquitoes are gonna LOVE us ;/
Old 09-21-2013, 10:54 AM   #827
Blabbermouth!!!

edit - I did have 8 jalapeno popper 1/2's before we left town. hehe ! Fixing to eat the ones I have left !
Old 09-21-2013, 11:39 AM   #828
Big Yapper!

YEA for all your good news, BOO for the mosquitoes. (Anybody else say to themselves "mos-skweetoes" when spelling that word?)

Have a great day. I'm heading to work. Raining here and will rain on and off until tomorrow morning sometime.
Old 09-21-2013, 11:47 AM   #829
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow Laura! You're dropping the lbs! WTG!
How's your ankle today? Better I hope.

DH's knee wasn't as sore today, looks a bit better too. Keeping up the treatments.

How much CO do you put in your coffee? Curious... might try it.
Old 09-21-2013, 04:09 PM   #830
Blabbermouth!!!

Debby my ankle is better ! Thanks for checking ! Glad DH's knee is looking better

i use about 1 tsp of CO in each cup of coffee. It makes it oily , but i like the taste
Old 09-22-2013, 05:08 AM   #831
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/170/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2, 2012
Laura, congratulations on your weight loss! That is so awesome. I really admire how you stick to good meal plans -- you eat healthy, whole foods. So glad your ankle is better too.
GailyGail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 09:02 AM   #832
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks Gail. I try........lol !

Great morning here !! 75 degrees !! WooHoo !! What a difference

142.2 today......better than the morning we left to go on trip ( even though that was 2# up for no reason ). Need to continue to work this.

DH has a brisket on the pit and is making a pot of beans, I'll cook some swiss chard today for the 1st time - maybe some zucchini , spinach ( should cook that with the chard I suppose ) ~ not sure what else I will make.

What is everyone doing today ? Hope you all have a wonderful Sunday !
Old 09-22-2013, 05:21 PM   #833
Big Yapper!

Ooh-la-la! Autumn is knocking on your door. (I love brisket!) Nice job on sliding down the scale. How did your veggies turn out? How do you cook them?

Have a great night.
Old 09-22-2013, 05:42 PM   #834
Blabbermouth!!!

Well, today didn't go as planned. Sat outside several times enjoying the nice weather !
Cut up my small watermelon ( will take most of it to work Tues for everyone there ) and our fresh pineapple.
Made the Chicken Lady's sour cream Cheesecake ! I've had the recipe forever and finally made it ! Will eat it for breakfast all week LOVE cheesecake

DH made his brisket and 2 links of sausage on the pit. Very tender and good

I guess tomorrow I will make all the veggies I bought :
spagetti squash
swiss chard
spinach

Also going to make the spinach lasagna tomorrow. DH and I love it !

Got all the laundry done and swept the floor, that's about all I did . Read Nicholas Sparks book 'The Best of Me' -- halfway done, it's a good one I love to read

Hope you all enjoyed your Sunday doing whatever makes you happy !
Old 09-22-2013, 07:01 PM   #835
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good for you! Sounds like you had a wonderful, restful Sunday.
WTG on the wt. dropping again! You are doing so well!
Is the hot season over there now? Our friends that have a farm up here & also live very close to you, are heading home now. They must have it figured for milder weather.
Hope you're having a nice, relaxing evening too.
Old 09-22-2013, 07:29 PM   #836
Blabbermouth!!!

still supposed to be in the low 90's next week, but we finally had a cool morning ! 75 is cool here ! lol !

Yes, it was a good day and tomorrow I will get busy and make my veggies ! yay !

DS1 is here now, he works next 4 days ....they got an offer on their house !! Made a counter offer and are waiting to hear !

Have a great night too Debby.
Old 09-23-2013, 06:04 AM   #837
Big Yapper!

That's wonderful about their house! I hope they get a good price. Have a great day. Wish those 70's would hang around a while.
Old 09-23-2013, 08:49 AM   #838
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning Cheryl !

It's in the 70's again today but overcast and drizzling. I thought about walking Allie today last night when I couldn't sleep, but ankle is still sore at times and I HAVE to be able to do my 12hr shifts, so don't think I'll push it. If it's not sore after a day or so at work, I'll try to walk her before work I LOVE the cooler weather !

DH went to see his Mom so I am relaxing and drinking coffee. Going to do a "taste test" on my LC cheesecake for breakfast

Have a good day y'all !
Old 09-23-2013, 11:14 AM   #839
Blabbermouth!!!

Forgot to tell ya !

141.0 this morning ! Happy girl here !

Seems like when I stress about losing I gain or STS, but when I don't stress and just eat good food it comes right off
Old 09-23-2013, 11:40 AM   #840
Big Yapper!

Yea you! And so glad the cooler weather stuck around for another day. I hope your dang ankle heals soon. What's the decision on the fence?