Sponsored Links
Old 09-12-2013, 08:34 AM   #782
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
Okay, okay I'm up.......

Well, stayed LC all day yesterday and this am scale says 143.8 . I was 142.0 when we left on trip. So, it's coming off

So tired and slight headache too...Hope today is smooth and goes quickly. Took 2 benadryl last night, but still didn't sleep very well. Oh well, another day another dollar, right ?

Hope you all have a wonderful day and for those of you lucky enough to have beautiful FALL weather, yay !!

It's not here. Still very hot. Go make it a great day !!

ATTITUDE is the difference between an ordeal and an ADVENTURE !!
shelby'snana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 09:41 AM   #783
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/138.6/?
WOE: lc
Hope your shift goes well Laura. Way to go on the loss you'll be back down before you know it.
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 11:11 AM   #784
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
That's exciting how the vacation pounds are falling back off. Like you're made of Teflon! I wish I was. Have a great day at work. I wish you had slept better. Does it help to soak in the tub before bedtime? Might relax you. Add some bubbles!
CherylB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:05 PM   #785
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Hi Laura! Did you have a great time??
So happy for you, that your wt. is so close to when you left.
I'm back too... you can read about it on my blog... not a "fun" trip, but it was good.
Hope you can share about your cruise soon... imagine you're too busy with work.
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 08:30 AM   #786
Blabbermouth!!!

Glad you made it home safely Debby !

Was so tired at work yesterday. (TMI) Had diarrhea all day ..... only ate a few grapes and some yogurt, not hungry. Just felt exhausted. Texted a lady that wants hours and she came in at 7pm and I left.

Went to bed at 9 and didn't get up till 9:40 this morning ! I woke up during the night, but I took a muscle relaxer and was able to go right back to sleep each time.
I FEEL so much BETTER ! Thank Goodness !

Don't know if it was the working extra and then the trip and all the cleaning when I got home that got me....... or just a bug, but I'm glad I feel rested today and can finish the week !

Oh yeah, my check before we left was off, hadn't looked into it yet, then DH says my check this time was REALLY off....... I had worked an extra 12 hours the 1st check and an extra 8 this 2nd check. Need to look into it today ! ASAP ! Makes me irritated.....

Have a great day everyone !
Old 09-13-2013, 08:54 AM   #787
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh good for you! I bet it was just being over-tired. Unfortunately I think we should all allow a day of rest after a vacation... but we always "push-it" That's great there was someone to relieve you!! Amazing what a good night's sleep can do for you.

Hope its an easy fix for your check.

Have a great day!!
Old 09-13-2013, 11:53 AM   #788
Big Yapper!

That's wonderful that you knew a lady who wanted extra hours and you could get out of work early. I hate when they screw up the checks. And then they always make you wait for the following payday for them to pay you what they didn't pay you.

Sorry you weren't feeling up to par. Like Debby said, you're probably just run down and need a few more solid nights of sleep. I'm feeling exhaustion myself right now, but must get to work for one more shift. At least it's cooled off again but it's overcast so will likely be humid. I just want a day or two off! I need it badly.

Ttyl.
Old 09-13-2013, 11:15 PM   #789
Blabbermouth!!!

thanks ladies. Today was stressful at 1st. There was a toxic leak and several people burned at the plant that my DS2 works at !! They called me in early and told me , but didn't say what plant. I KNEW it was DS's !! I texted him and he said he was fine , was across the street from where it happened. Thank you Lord !! I was shaking ...scary stuff.

They ended up life flighting them all out to a burn center so we didn't get any of them. But I still was there early.

New Dr. today . He was awesome !! Hope he will come back often !

I DO feel better after sleeping well last night. Fixing to head to bed and try to get 7-8 hours so I don't fall behind again.

Have a good day tomorrow ! I hope to !
Old 09-14-2013, 08:41 AM   #790
Blabbermouth!!!

Off to work. 2 more to go !!

Yesterday was chaotic and I ate pizza....... well scarfed it cause it was mass chaos for several hours.

Just pan fried some tilapia, made pepperoni chips and I have some stuff in the fridge at work, so I'm good to go today !

Did a load of laundry, took out the trash, and made my fish. Now I can go to work :0

ttyl !
Old 09-14-2013, 10:15 AM   #791
Big Yapper!

Thank God your son was safe and away when the accident happened! And thank God they all went to another facility for treatment. Burn victims are some of the toughest things to handle. Unimaginable pain and they are so immunocompromised. Scary stuff. I hope they all heal soon.

How do you make pepperoni chips? Just curious. Have a nice day!
Old 09-15-2013, 11:34 PM   #792
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm off ! Yay !

Debby , they cut me a check within a few hours of me telling them about the 'snafu' !! They NEVER do that...... I was amazed

Cheryl, yes we were so thankful Shane (ds2) wasn't injured. Another accident tonight at same plant and someone got caustic in eyes, another inhalation ....... going to tell DS2 to find another plant to work at ! Too much happening to work at this one safely. Scary stuff......

Today was the best one of the week as far as work goes..
I was really dreading this week. My Mom passed on Sept 10 and my Dad Sept 15 (today). But I was ok, because my Dad suffered so much I know they are together and in a better place. That gives me peace.

So happy to be off. Will get Shelby Tues afternoon till Wed afternoon . I really miss that little bugger

Ate junk at work last 2 days..... ugh...... and i had good food to eat. Start over tomorrow. It's so easy to stay LC, don't know why we all (generalizing here) have trouble with it....... I really do love being LC for the majority of the time. And, as much as I worry about Alz/Dementia with flour and sugar, I wonder if having them for a few days now and then will cause you to still be at high risk ???

We are debating another cruise soon...... We really did have fun and it was so nice to get away . Would love the whole family to go, not sure if the boys could swing it right now. DS1 and DIL are expecting and working on selling their house and DS2 and GF just got engaged and are needing a different car for her.......
We'll see.

ok, fixing to hit the bed and crash. Hope I can sleep late tomorrow !

Night all
Old 09-16-2013, 12:26 AM   #793
Blabbermouth!!!

Sorry Cheryl, forgot to tell ya about the pepperoni chips. ( still haven't gone to bed )

You just lay a bunch out flat on paper towels on a plate and microwave them about 1 minute. The grease soaks the paper towels. It's amazing. the chips become really crisp and they are great dipped in sour cream !

I'm not a fan of pepperoni usually, but these are great and don't give me indigestion

Hope you like them
Old 09-16-2013, 11:17 AM   #794
Blabbermouth!!!

Slept late ! till 12:15 !

Having coffee and doing a little laundry. Not even sure I will get out of my jammies today ! so relaxed..........

Weight 145.2 I really expected 151 or so, but I guess running my "ars" off all week kept it off ! Wow, what a week. I really love my schedule, but they haven't given a raise in 4 yrs, yep 4 yrs !! at this hospital and the pay is much less than other places, not sure if I want to work this hard as I'm getting older. The stress is something else !

Thinking I may check into other types of nursing that aren't so stressful if something doesn't let up in next 6 months or so.

Have my tilapia I already have cooked and I need to cook some yummy squash with butter.

Taco salads for supper !! I am craving my yummy LC foods ( Healthy foods )

hope you all are having a wonderful day !!!
Old 09-16-2013, 03:42 PM   #795
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yay! A day off for you!
I'd sure want to try & find something else with "less hours" & stress. But for now, its pretty handy that you get to take vacations on your off days.

Wonderful that your wt. stayed down through your busy week. I really do crave my veggies when I can't get them too. Squash does sound good! I'm waiting for the price to come down... might not happen.

Enjoy your P-J Day!
Old 09-16-2013, 06:34 PM   #796
Blabbermouth!!!

I did enjoy it. Cooked up some veggies ( realized I left my tilapia and greek yogurt at work ) :/

Did a little laundry. And just had a nice soak in a epsom salt HOT bath.

Tired. Going to bed early. Hope you all have a good night !
Old 09-16-2013, 07:29 PM   #797
Big Yapper!

Ooh! I think I'll go take a short hot bath, too. Might help me to sleep. I will have to try that pepperoni chip thing sometime. Thanks for telling me how to make them. You're the first person in all the years I've been doing LC (on and off) that have talked about pepperoni chips. Less grease would be nice and something other than a pork rind to dip into stuff would be appreciated.

I'm glad you got to sleep in. If you chose a different area of nursing, which do you think you'd like to try? I worked in a rehab hospital for a few years and I have to say it was the closest thing to contentment that I ever felt in nursing. There were lots of times I felt close to content in Telemetry too but rehab was just a whole different environment. We still had emergencies and codes and such but way less often. I liked that people left our facility better able to face life and live independently than when they came in. And they're there for a much longer period of time. You can really get to know them and make an impact. Think about it!

If I ever get back into nursing, I'll try my best to find a rehab place nearby. I do miss the "nuts and bolts" of nursing though. You don't do a lot of starting IV's or inserting NG tubes in places like that.

I think the urge to go take a hot bath has passed. Too late and I'm too tired. Will go grab a snack and maybe drink some tea. I had a really long day and tomorrow I go back and do it again.

I hope you can take another cruise soon. Would be awesome to get the whole clan together.
Old 09-18-2013, 07:54 AM   #798
Blabbermouth!!!

Well, I woke up yesterday feeling HORRIBLE !

I hurt all over and my back was super sore........ I took a hot shower and took motrin and then got dressed, washed sheets, and was fixing to run town to run errands before Shelby came. Did I go ?? Nope. Went back to bed...

I really thought I was coming down sick and was so down because I was getting Shelby.

Well, I woke up and felt so much better ! Then I realized I was on day 2 of VLC ! Induction Flu !!

I guess with the trip and then eating carbs at work for several days I had to go through the suffering. I haven't had that in yrs !

Anyway, even though I was having cravings I didn't give in and stayed LC . Had a big mug of broth and took Motrin one more time and BOOM ! I was all better !

Shelby is being very sweet and I think we may take her all the way home today ( instead of meeting DIL 1/2 way ) and take Allie to Petsmart She loves that place and her nails need clipping.

DH was down yesterday. Said nothing was wrong that he was just tired. He mowed in the evening and is still asleep now ( he had a long nap yesterday ). Hope he feels better today !

Need to make Shelby something for breakfast ! Ttyl !
Old 09-18-2013, 07:57 AM   #799
Blabbermouth!!!

If I run into town this morning for groceries I will pick up my underwater camera pics ! I'm so excited to see them !! I hope some turn out great !
Old 09-18-2013, 09:58 AM   #800
Blabbermouth!!!

had my coffee with CO and 2 fried eggs.

Thinking of ordering 'Grain Brain' - have you all heard of it ? It's a new book about the effects of sugar/wheat on the brain and how it leads to Alzheimers/Dementia !

that really scares the crap out of me ......seriously !
Old 09-18-2013, 10:13 AM   #801
Big Yapper!

Thank God all it was was induction flu. Sorry your dh is under the weather now. Yea!! Underwater camera pics coming up! Will they be on a CD? Then you can just load them into your computer and share them with us.

I've never heard of that book. Sounds like a very interesting and motivational read. Enjoy! What do they charge to do Allie's nails at Petsmart? Just curious. I have always done Cissy's myself but they are black nails and it's so hard to see where the quick is. Her nails really need to be ground down, rather than clipped.
Old 09-18-2013, 10:33 AM   #802
Blabbermouth!!!

It should be on CD's. I hope to be able to show some here !

We take her for her bath, ears cleaned, glands drained -- ( you don't want to know ) and nails ground down. We don't like them to be clipped !

It's usually $37 - not too bad and she LOVES going there !
Old 09-18-2013, 10:46 AM   #803
Big Yapper!

Oh, yuck. I had to have Cissy's glands drained only once in the 10.5 years I've had her. She just had this indescribably odor and I knew it could only be one thing, so I asked her groomer to express them and ever since she did that, it hasn't reoccurred. (Thank you Lord! )

That's not a bad price for all that they do at Petsmart. I need to buy me a grinder and start doing her nails myself. My sister bought one and says they sell less expensive ones. I think she said they're called a Drommel.

Have a good day. Need to get ready for Dr appointment and hit the road.
Old 09-18-2013, 05:08 PM   #804
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/170/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2, 2012
Laura, I just ordered "Brain Grain" from Amazon and I am very interested in the connection between eating carbs/sugar and the increased risk of Alzheimers and dementia. I am glad you are feeling better and I really admired the way you handled the situation when you did not feel well and felt achey. You went back to bed, took some Motrin and had some broth -- rather than say "well I am sick so I am entitled to a carb treat." You did the right thing and you always seem to do the right things over and over again -- which is why you are such an inspiration to me and others! I admire your strength and perserverance.
GailyGail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 05:19 PM   #805
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Laura,
So glad you're feeling better.
Looking forward to seeing some pics of your trip. Will you post them here? Or on fb?
Old 09-18-2013, 06:10 PM   #806
Blabbermouth!!!

I am going to order it too Gail. Thanks for your kind words. I am not perfect, I eat carbs in spurts and then come back to LC. Wish I didn't but I do.....

Will try to post pics here, but if I can't I'll for sure post some on FB !

Took Shelby to her Mom. She wore me out !

Have a wonderful night !
Old 09-18-2013, 07:19 PM   #807
Blabbermouth!!!

I think it's going to let me post a few pics from the camera. Haven't picked up the underwater ones yet !
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0380.jpg (60.6 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0363.jpg (47.9 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0314.jpg (63.5 KB, 10 views)
Old 09-18-2013, 07:23 PM   #808
Blabbermouth!!!

they aren't the best, but pics never show how beautiful a place is !
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0384.jpg (94.8 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0325.jpg (57.4 KB, 9 views)
Old 09-18-2013, 07:51 PM   #809
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

LOL! Yep, those critters called grandkids will do that to you!
Great pictures! So pretty. You look good too!
Thanks for sharing!
Old 09-19-2013, 09:47 AM   #810
Blabbermouth!!!

not feeling good today. throat is sore and voice sounds terrible. My ankle, that has been sore since we snorkeled, is starting to swell again ( from Allie's cord injury ) and is waking me up at night throbbing. Ugh.......

Need to buy groceries and pick up pics. Not sure if I will later or not.

Hope you all are having a better day than I am :/