Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2013, 05:09 PM   #751
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Oh, man. I'm sorry that happened right as you were leaving for the day. I hope you have no cramps tonight and sleep like a rock. I've never worked in a place that had so much flexibility built into the schedule. If it was a place that had 12 hour shifts, it was 7-7. (Well, 7:30, since they don't pay for lunch break.)
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-2013, 07:28 PM   #752
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/bouncing again/127 5'2"
WOE: moderation
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011~ Moderation 3/15/14
Well, I'm off now !! 10 days !!!!

Work can be chaotic and in the ER when there is a bad situation we can't leave cause all the nurses can be tied up with a stroke, heart attack , or code and the other pt's have to be tended to.
2 nurses stayed out there with the other pts and the rest of us went in on the code.
When I worked ICU and m/s (yuck) - the hours were much more structured. But, i didn't like it at all!

DH came to work 30 minutes early so I could run to the store and get stuff for fruit salad for tomorrow. He made the salsa that we are taking today before work. He is getting excited about our trip !!
Doing laundry and some packing. Just soaked my feet in hot water, listerine, and vinegar.......felt so good ! Have you all seen that soak on FB ?? Try it !!

Dining room table is covered in stuff......clothes are hanging everywhere But, I will keep at it and then get some sleep and finish in the morning. Praying weight is down some. Shorts are still tighter than I want them to go with tankini bathing suit top.

Going to "try" to take up my straps on my 2 tankini tops - the straps are too long and don't hold 'the girls' up like they should !! I need support ! I'm no seamstress by any stretch of the imagination , so we'll see how they turn out ! lol !

Have a good night and I will check in tomorrow..... I will really miss "visiting" with you guys while I'm gone !
Old 08-30-2013, 08:29 PM   #753
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby'snana View Post
Well, I'm off now !! 10 days !!!! Just soaked my feet in hot water, listerine, and vinegar.......felt so good ! Have you all seen that soak on FB ?? Try it !! I will really miss "visiting" with you guys while I'm gone !
Yeah! What an accomplishment!
What's the foot-soak do for you? sounds like it would get rid of fungus?
We're going to really miss visiting with you too! But so happy for you, to get to go!!
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 08:32 PM   #754
Blabbermouth!!!

the foot soak makes your feet soft and it kinda "tingles" with the listerine ! Feels good on tired feet

<3 ...... i really will miss y'all, but I'm so excited
shelby'snana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 07:51 AM   #755
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/149/?
WOE: lc
Have a great time Laura!
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 12:08 PM   #756
Big Yapper!

I will miss you too, honey. But don't give us a second thought while you're gone. Enjoy yourself and take pics that you can share with us when you get back. We love pics and that way, we can share in your good times.

I never heard of that foot soak but I wish I'd known about that long ago. I remember when I first got out of nursing school and was doing my first job which was 12 hour shifts, I would come home and sit on the side of the tub and just soak and rub my feet. I couldn't believe how much they hurt! Soaking and rubbing them was as close to a sexual experience as anything else I could describe. They hurt that much!

Have a very blessed time away and may you recharge every cell in your body.
Old 09-02-2013, 04:42 PM   #757
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Hoping you're having an absolutely pleasurable cruise! What a great place to be!
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 05:29 PM   #758
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
Hoping you're having an absolutely pleasurable cruise! What a great place to be!
AMEN!
Old 09-08-2013, 05:36 PM   #759
Blabbermouth!!!

Well, we are home ! It was everything I imagined and more. i never really thought I would get to visit such beautiful places and I was overwhelmed

Boat was really huge and very easy to get lost on ! lol ! I have no sense of direction. Makes DH crazy ..

Water was amazing ~~ beautiful blue and clear . So clear !

Jamaica was our 1st stop.... not our favorite. Pretty, but very poor country, sad. Came up a thunderstorm at the beach so we headed back to bus and went back to boat about 1 1/2 hours early. That was fine.

Caymans was 2nd stop . wonderful ! Went out on boat and swam with the stingrays I was totally freaked out by them ! They dropped buckets of food in the water and they were coming toward us from every direction ! I would scream when they touched my legs Then they took us to snorkel on a coral reef. DH and I ( because we are both strong swimmers ) decided we didn't need the little life vests After about 20 minutes, we needed them ! We were so tired ! The salt water kept getting in my mask ( remember, I wore contacts into the salt water ) We had a blast and were exhausted. Lots of underwater pics - have to wait for them to be developed from the cheapy underwater cameras we bought

Cozumel was 3rd stop and we went to private all inclusive beach with drinks and all food included. Had a pool and swim up bar, but I would never choose a pool over this amazing clear water ! NEVER ! We had a great time, met a couple from New Braunfels who were so sweet and we swam and ate and ate...... it was so relaxing and fun ! Our favorite

Making supper and doing laundry. Will try to post some pics later !

Missed you guys !
Old 09-08-2013, 05:45 PM   #760
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/149/?
WOE: lc
Wow that sounds like so much fun Laura! Glad you enjoyed yourself
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 05:48 PM   #761
Blabbermouth!!!

Also, for those who haven't seen on FB, we found out today ON Grandparent's Day ~~ That we are gonna have a little brother or sister for Shelby !! So excited !

What a 2 week period, DS2 got engaged and we LOVE his GF and our trip, and now a new Baby ! <3 . God is so Good !
Old 09-08-2013, 05:49 PM   #762
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaniem View Post
Wow that sounds like so much fun Laura! Glad you enjoyed yourself
Thanks Jeanie, we had never been so it was great to me ! How have you been ?
Old 09-08-2013, 06:03 PM   #763
Big Yapper!

That's so fantastic! on becoming a grandparent again, too! You sound like you're on top of the world. What an amazing trip you had. I was concerned cause you hear so many things about cruises gone awry these days. I'm relived! Can't wait to see your pics. Glad you swam with the sting rays. That's the sort of thing that is challenging in the moment but you'll always be happy you didn't back down from.
Old 09-08-2013, 06:43 PM   #764
Blabbermouth!!!

Having trouble getting pics up.. gonna try this and see if these 3 come up

/Users/lauracurnutt/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Masters/2013/09/08/20130908-165631/IMG_0239.JPG
Old 09-08-2013, 06:44 PM   #765
Blabbermouth!!!

darn, will try something else tomorrow ;/

Have a wonderful night everyone !
Old 09-08-2013, 07:34 PM   #766
Big Yapper!

Oh no! Are they loaded into your computer? If so, then it's not difficult. Click "go advanced" rather than just replying in the box below. Then click on the paperclip icon. A box will open and you click "browse" and then you can choose where the pics are. Double click the pic you want to load and you have to do that for each one. You can post up to 10 in each post. Then click "upload" and the boxes next to "browse" should become empty again.

You won't see the pics until you post or click "preview post." Best of luck. We want to see them! Sleep tight.
Old 09-08-2013, 08:08 PM   #767
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks Cheryl, that sounds much harder than how I usually load them. DH placed a photo card in my laptop and instead of showing me the pics to choose from, it shows IMG ____ with a # - no idea which pic it is ! So frustrating because there were lots. I'll try your way tomorrow. Fixing to go to bed, feeling pretty tired. Have a great night and get some rest !
Old 09-09-2013, 07:45 AM   #768
Blabbermouth!!!

Well, I jumped on the scale. Remember I was up to 142 before my trip ( with no cheats causing it )
This morning I was 147.... very happy with that. We did LOTS of stairs all over the ship and walked and walked every day with swimming too. Prob mostly water weight.

Up early. Our bed felt good Headed out to by groceries, going to cook lots today and get this house cleaned. Both DS's and GF stayed here most of the week while we were gone. Allie was nervous at DS's house, so they came here and stayed. Need to wash all the bedding and vacuum, and clean the bathrooms, bathe Allie, etc...... the list goes on and on.

ttyl !
Old 09-09-2013, 10:27 AM   #769
Big Yapper!

Doesn't it blow your mind how much work there is to do after you return from any vacation? Seems you don't get any amount of time to just sit down and marinate in the feelings you had while you were away. Back to reality! It's always great to get back to your own bed, isn't it?

Working today and have a staff meeting in exactly one hour. Need to get it in gear. TTYL. Have a nice day.
Old 09-09-2013, 01:07 PM   #770
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/170/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2, 2012
So glad that you had a fabulous vacation on the Caribbean cruise -- it sounds like a wonderful experience! And congratulations on your new grandchild -- that is such GREAT news! I'll be Shelby is excited too!
GailyGail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 05:09 PM   #771
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: cfine
Stats: 276/204/199
WOE: NK
Start Date: Atkins 4/12 Nutritional Ketosis 1/13
What a wonderful sounding trip! Mazel on your new grandbaby!
cfine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 05:12 PM   #772
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks Gail, yes it was fun and Shelby seems excited

Pics still won't transfer from mine or DH's phones onto my Mac ~~ not sure why ???

Also, DH used a photo card and put the pics from our camera into my computer, but the photos won't show no matter which way I try. It just shows #'s with no way to know which one is which , unless you click on each # and open it. No way !! Way too many pics ~~ bummer

I'm exhausted tonight.
Chores done :
vacuumed
swept porch
cleaned both bathrooms
did dishes
cooked
did dishes again
4 loads of laundry
folded clothes
bought groceries
bathed Allie
Ran to bank
mopped kitchen,bathroom, and laundry room

Cooked :
cabbage with butter
pot of chili
rice
southwestern soup
Roast with onions and mushrooms

I am so tired. Already had my shower, DH is waiting to watch the Texans game at 9 ~~ I will sleep good tonight !!

what have you all been up to today ? I was boring, but got a lot done
Old 09-09-2013, 05:14 PM   #773
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks C Fine !!
Old 09-09-2013, 07:16 PM   #774
Big Yapper!

When did you find time to be bored with all that you got accomplished today? Good grief, woman! You're a little spitfire! The food you cooked sounds so yummy, too. Sleep tight. Eventually I hope you can figure out how to post the pics but I feel your pain. We will be patient. Enjoy your bed!!

PS: Maybe you can just take a few "shots in the dark" if you can figure out which pics are the ones you took on the cruise. Who cares if you know what they are of? Just post a couple and we'll enjoy them just the same.

Last edited by CherylB; 09-09-2013 at 07:17 PM..
Old 09-09-2013, 07:24 PM   #775
Blabbermouth!!!

Ok, I have no idea which ones will show up, but I'll click on a few and see if they show up. We had lots of bad pics - fuzzy ones, etc......

I tried and they all said "invalid file" ~~ ugh !!

No Cheryl, I wasn't bored at all !! I said I was 'boring' lol !
Old 09-10-2013, 04:19 AM   #776
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/170/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2, 2012
Laura, you have amazing energy and drive as well as a stellar work ethic. I can't believe how much you got done. I wish you could take it, bottle it and sell it to me! Hope you have a great day today -- such wonderful news about your grandchild!
GailyGail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 11:42 AM   #777
Big Yapper!

Oh! I read that wrong. But I don't see how you could be boring, either.

That's so frustrating about the pics. What file type are they showing up as? Not jpg? How aggravating! I hope you can figure this out but maybe you need to take a step back from that for now and just ask some questions. Maybe send a message to the Admins and ask how you should proceed. Go through "contact us" at the bottom of the home page.
Old 09-10-2013, 11:43 AM   #778
Big Yapper!

Actually, I see that "contact us" at the bottom of this page, so just scroll down.
Old 09-11-2013, 07:38 AM   #779
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks Gail ! You are always so sweet

Cheryl, the pics will have to wait. I will see what I can do when I find some time.

Work was kind of busy yesterday, but nothing overwhelming. Mon and Tues I ate LC during the day and lots of water..... but ate carbs at night. Today I won't do that and go full on back to LC > Hoping I won't have "carb flu" since I'm going back slowly ...

Have my roast and cabbage, boiled eggs and bacon, greek yogurt and I think there is still some chili..lunch meat too.

Boys both came by Monday afternoon after we made chili, beans and rice and they tore it up !! DH says " I don't know why you try to cook big amts for the week, the boys always show up and knock it out " ! I could care less...... they are my kiddos and I love to cook for them

DS1 and DIL are having a realtor's open house today. They are really hoping they have clients who would be interested in their little house. They found something about 30-40 minutes from here (opposite direction from us) that they like ! Wish them good thoughts please !
Old 09-11-2013, 06:30 PM   #780
Big Yapper!

"They tore it up"! I guess it was GOOD then. It is nice when others appreciate your cooking. I hope DS1 and DIL find the perfect place in the perfect spot and that the perfect buyer comes to find their current home. Glad work is going well so far.

Sleep tight.